X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VanCanHalen
    Groupie
    • Jan 2012

Vinyl Collection Complete

After some time, and digging.......lots, Ive know been able to aquire all the Van Halen records (Dave and Spammy) and all the Dave solo records, factory sealed (New). YFLM was REALLY hard to find let alone new, FUCK, Balance pricey, but the collection is complete. Just need the boys to fire another album out in the near future :-)
  • Cato
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

did you obtain a quadraphonic vinyl of the 1st album too?
    Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• King VH
      Head Fluffer
      • Apr 2004

So you bought the Sammy albums to burn them or...
      It's so easy

Comment

• fourthcoming

Maybe for skeet shooting

Comment

• gbranton
          Veteran
          • Aug 2005

You say it's complete, huh?

"Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• gbranton
            Veteran
            • Aug 2005

The more I look, the more stuff I find that I forgot I had. These are both 12" singles.

Last edited by gbranton; 07-18-2012, 07:10 PM.
            "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• gbranton
              Veteran
              • Aug 2005

Hot For Teacher 45 single.

Comment

• hambon4lif
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
                The more I look, the more stuff I find that I forgot I had. These are both 12" singles.

I still have those.

When it came to actually playing them, I preferred the B-side mix of 'California Girls'. It just sounded better.

I also have the 12" single of 'Panama' that has "Dance The Night Away" and "Girl Gone Bad" on the B-side that sound fucking incredible!

I've always been on the vinyl side as far as the whole LP vs. CD debate anyhow. I think I have anything CVH vinyl covered.

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                  I still have those.

When it came to actually playing them, I preferred the B-side mix of 'California Girls'. It just sounded better.

I also have the 12" single of 'Panama' that has "Dance The Night Away" and "Girl Gone Bad" on the B-side that sound fucking incredible!

I've always been on the vinyl side as far as the whole LP vs. CD debate anyhow. I think I have anything CVH vinyl covered.
                  You are a lucky man, Hambon. I'm still working on my vinyl CVH collection - at least I have the six pack, some Roth solo, and ADKOT!
                  I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Dec 2008

Yea!!!! Good stuff here.
                    I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

• hambon4lif
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by IceCreamBlondie
                      You are a lucky man, Hambon. I'm still working on my vinyl CVH collection - at least I have the six pack, some Roth solo, and ADKOT!
                      Have you played ADKOT on vinyl yet? I have out of curiosity, and it sounds fuckin' phenomenal!! The louder you turn it up, the more it opens up sound-wise. It's like hearing it again for the very first time.

I was also impressed with the 180g vinyl they recently released the 6-pack in. With the EQ set right and at the right volume...it puts you in Van Halen heaven.

I'm a DJ on the side, but I'm also a collector, and the way I see it, I became a fan of this band by listening to them on vinyl, and they still sound fuckin' fantastic that way.

Comment

• Northern Girl
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I'll be selling all my vinyl (VH and Dave solo) on Ebay soon. Who needs that shit laying around? The older I get, the less I want!
                        Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

I have a sealed 1978 WB radio promo vinyl and a Me Wise Magic single...

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                            Have you played ADKOT on vinyl yet? I have out of curiosity, and it sounds fuckin' phenomenal!! The louder you turn it up, the more it opens up sound-wise. It's like hearing it again for the very first time.

I was also impressed with the 180g vinyl they recently released the 6-pack in. With the EQ set right and at the right volume...it puts you in Van Halen heaven.

I'm a DJ on the side, but I'm also a collector, and the way I see it, I became a fan of this band by listening to them on vinyl, and they still sound fuckin' fantastic that way.
                            You bet I have played ADKOT on vinyl...several times. Every time I play it, the better it gets. What's so great about vinyl is now I can finally here some decent bass lines; I love it on Stay Frosty especially. (Wolfie rocks!) There is so much great stuff to hear on vinyl ADKOT that you can't possibly hear on some shitty download. Just my two cents!

You are right - I need to purchase that 180g vinyl of the six pack. I'll get there one day!
                            I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

• hambon4lif
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by IceCreamBlondie
                              You bet I have played ADKOT on vinyl...several times. Every time I play it, the better it gets. What's so great about vinyl is now I can finally here some decent bass lines; I love it on Stay Frosty especially. (Wolfie rocks!) There is so much great stuff to hear on vinyl ADKOT that you can't possibly hear on some shitty download. Just my two cents!
                              I absolutely agree 100%. "As Is" is a favorite at the moment. I drop the needle on the beginning of that track and Al's drums literally punch air. It's the way they are supposed to sound. I'm not sure why the mix on the CD sounds like a fucking traffic jam, but I'm thankful that it's not the case with the vinyl. I'm very happy with it. I just keep kicking back going "Hell Yeah! now THAT'S Van Halen!"

Comment

Working...