PDA

View Full Version : Ferris Bueller's Day Off/Rodney Dangerfield

mikethemartian
06-20-2004, 02:36 AM
I just heard today that the guy who wrote Ferris Bueller's Day Off came up with the idea while listening to a DLR album. That movie came out in the summer of 1986, the same summer that Eat'Em ans Smile came out so I would assume the album was Dave's EP Crazy From the Heat. I don't know if something in the music itself served as inspiration. Has anyone heard of this?

I remember around that same time that People magazine had a picture of Dave and Rodney Dangerfield together. I think they had bumped into each other in a restaurant. The caption to the picture said something about Rodney asking Dave to appear in his next movie ("Back to School" I assume) and I think Dave asking Rodney to appear in a video, or something. Does anybody remember this? Apparently it must have fallen through.

Mike

Panamark
06-20-2004, 03:01 AM
Ive never heard about this before, interesting. The only music I remember from Ferris Bueller was "Twist and Shout" by the Beatles. I guess the whole concept of going out and having a great time, instead of attending school was Dave inspired. LOL..

Trivial Fact. The guy that played the headmaster in Ferris Bueller was recently busted as a paedophile. That news even made it here to OZ.

Bill Lumbergh
06-20-2004, 03:16 AM
That molester was also in BeetleJuice..........freaky looking fucker too.

rustoffa
06-20-2004, 03:44 AM
Sounds more like a "hot for teacher" inspirational moment. But
maybe you could tie in the fucker marrying the sex in the city
bitch or some shit.

ALMOSTsaved
06-20-2004, 11:23 AM
If I were a "betting" man, I'd wager that Rodney was the inspiration for the jokes and the face of the character that Dave played in "Goin' Crazy."

Just a guess.