PDA

View Full Version : Describe your diet

Yount
07-23-2012, 04:40 AM
So around 10% of people are semi-vegetarians, eating fish occasionally. Around 2-3% are vegetarian. and 0.5% of them are vegan.

Just wondering how the army stacks up against the percentages.

envy_me
07-23-2012, 05:13 AM
Vegetarian, that is no meat, no fish, no chicken, no eggs.
But I eat milk products.

Animals I don't eat, period. Eggs I can eat if I don't see them, smell them or know they are there. Not eating eggs isn't a moral choice, I am just so grossed out by what it actually is.

Yount
07-23-2012, 05:48 AM
Eggs, a tough one. I used to have chooks and would only let them eat grubs and whatever they could find themselves. No pellets. No meat at all. I did have a protein supplement. The eggs were a beautiful taste and there was no rooster (for a while anyway) so it's not as if they were going to hatch. Chooks have been bred to lay all the time. But I will not touch supermarket eggs and will try and avoid them if I'm eating out of home.

I've also switched to rice milk the last few years and I'm enjoying it.

BTW Envy_me Love Over Gold is my favourite Dire Straits album.

Angel
07-23-2012, 08:40 AM
Caffeine and nicotine with a little THC thrown in for good measure...

envy_me
07-23-2012, 09:54 AM
Eggs, a tough one. I used to have chooks and would only let them eat grubs and whatever they could find themselves. No pellets. No meat at all. I did have a protein supplement. The eggs were a beautiful taste and there was no rooster (for a while anyway) so it's not as if they were going to hatch. Chooks have been bred to lay all the time. But I will not touch supermarket eggs and will try and avoid them if I'm eating out of home.

I've also switched to rice milk the last few years and I'm enjoying it.

BTW Envy_me Love Over Gold is my favourite Dire Straits album.

With me it started with the smell. I can't stand the smell of eggs. And also i have heard of stories where people find feathers and blood in them. With time I developed some sort of block in my head. I was in Croatia at my grandparents and they have hens, I remember when I was little I used to eat eggs from them and they smelled nice. And my grandmother was gonna make me omelette and I was positive that I was gonna eat it, since those eggs weren't gross. But as the meal stood in front of me, I sat there for like 30 minutes and couldn't put one single bite in my mouth. I think I have developed some sort of egg phobia, I can't touch eggs, if I know somebody has eaten eggs with my utenciles I have to soak them to get the smell out.

LOVE Love over gold. Just this saturday I ordered ALL of Dire Straits albums, I aldready have them from iTunes, but I had to buy the physical album. What is your favorite song?

SparkieD
07-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Born vegetarian. I have never been able to stomach animal flesh. My mom would try to feed me meat when I was small, but was never able to get me to eat it. I'd be vegan if not for a small amount of dairy. No eggs (ewwwww!) I'd be almost vegan if not for a small amount of dairy. I say almost because being truly vegan is nearly impossible. It isn't limited to what you eat, but the products you use. You would be hard pressed to get through life without using any products whatsoever that didn't have animal involvement somewhere along the way, be it actual ingredients derived from animals, or testing. Even if a label states that it isn't tested on animals, they are likely relying on past research where animals were tested. It's very unfortunate, but very true. I have to roll my eyes at people who try to force it on others.

Nickdfresh
07-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Animal flesh is awesome! But I don't eat it everyday and try to eat less of it than the average person. I've been on a salad binge lately....

Coyote
07-23-2012, 11:33 AM
It varies. At times it's lean meat (especially chicken), other times it's more greens, but mainly I'm striving for a healthy balance.
Occasional junk food binges, but that's an exception, not a rule.

clarathecarrot
07-23-2012, 11:52 AM
My diet now consists of the fact that in 30 days of watching my diet, working out and maintaining a consistant logical balance diet, I would be back at the same body I had 30 years ago.

So, I eat what I want, anytime I want.

I had a bowl of sugar frosted oat cereal with a teaspoon of sugar on it, 7oz of 2% milk, and 17 oreo cookies for dinner last night.

I can burn 2000 Kalories sitting in a chair for 8 hours.

Diet is a good ideal to live by, but the truth of the matter is how can you use the food, anything is good unless you have alergies or can't visualize eating some thing.. It's will you waste the food or use it.

I want to eat nothing but thinnly sliced wraw meat (beef) and whole leeks. if I had my way. All day every day.... My dream diet.

P. S. I cannot vote due to the fact I am a felon. I have a outstanding warrant in Kentucky from 30 years ago for parking on campus of the university of Kentucky while unloading my car into a house for a total time of 14 min. I was caught red handed by campus police and issued the ticket and drove away to my next stop before the ink was driy.....I will probably do 30 years for that by now.

ZahZoo
07-23-2012, 11:57 AM
When we can find it we buy organic meats and veggies... but we ain't gonna starve or suffer if we can't.

Not sure how one can be born vegetarian... I was born nekid... and hungry!!

I eat more fruit, veggies and whole grain stuff than I used to... no way in hell I'd pass up a juicy rib-eye or some fine Texas style Bar-B-Q. But only consume that 2-3 times a month. The rest is generally lean chicken, turkey, pork... oh yes... and chocolate!!

FORD
07-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Don't really fall into any of the above categories, but these days, I'm trying to eat less meat, more veggies (organic when possible), whole grains, and keep white carbs to an absolute minimum. Very little sugar or flour. And complete avoidance of high fructose corn poison. In fact, I don't eat corn at all anymore, unless it's organic.

The MonSatan GMO stuff did some really strange things to my body. Wish I could sue the bastards for it, but they can afford better lawyers than me, and it's difficult to prove. But the strange things stopped happening when I stopped eating that shit, so that's all the evidence I need.

envy_me
07-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Don't really fall into any of the above categories, but these days, I'm trying to eat less meat, more veggies (organic when possible), whole grains, and keep white carbs to an absolute minimum. Very little sugar or flour. And complete avoidance of high fructose corn poison. In fact, I don't eat corn at all anymore, unless it's organic.

The MonSatan GMO stuff did some really strange things to my body. Wish I could sue the bastards for it, but they can afford better lawyers than me, and it's difficult to prove. But the strange things stopped happening when I stopped eating that shit, so that's all the evidence I need.

What exactly happend to your body? And what were the things that caused it?

Von Halen
07-23-2012, 03:56 PM
I know a big time farmer that sells to a major health food chain that we all know, and to a major grocery chain we all know. One is "organic", one isn't. But they are both grown in the same field, using the same methods.

I have pretty much changed my diet for the most part. I eat a lot healthier than I ever have. I have always loved fruits and vegetables, but now I also use skim milk, and stay away from the white processed stuff like sugar and flour. I drink zero soda pop.

clarathecarrot
07-23-2012, 03:59 PM
Over 15 years ago the word Organic was purchased copywriten and trademarked and it is nothing more than printing Coca-Cola on a can..advertisement.

Fairwrning
07-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Whats a diet?? I eat anything that tastes good..or smells good!

Seshmeister
07-23-2012, 06:09 PM
Didn't know about a some of this...

http://www.cracked.com/article_19433_the-6-most-horrifying-lies-food-industry-feeding-you.html

Seshmeister
07-23-2012, 06:11 PM
http://www.thestreet.com/story/11012915/1/cellulose-wood-pulp-never-tasted-so-good.html

Nitro Express
07-24-2012, 02:24 AM

I've been binging on cherries from Washington state. I can't get enough of them.

I started getting wierd rashes, hives, and stomach aches. I just stopped eating processed foods and only eat organic produce. That stopped. I think it was GMO and food additives.

Nitro Express
07-24-2012, 02:31 AM
I know a big time farmer that sells to a major health food chain that we all know, and to a major grocery chain we all know. One is "organic", one isn't. But they are both grown in the same field, using the same methods.

I have pretty much changed my diet for the most part. I eat a lot healthier than I ever have. I have always loved fruits and vegetables, but now I also use skim milk, and stay away from the white processed stuff like sugar and flour. I drink zero soda pop.

Actually organic really means anything that will decompose. People think it means no pesticides, no GMO, no man made fertilizers. In many cases it means you can charge more for it.

For me it's no steroids in my meat. Free range and grass fed. No GMO. No Round Up ready.

FORD
07-24-2012, 02:46 AM
I've been binging on cherries from Washington state. I can't get enough of them.

I started getting wierd rashes, hives, and stomach aches. I just stopped eating processed foods and only eat organic produce. That stopped. I think it was GMO and food additives.

Yep, I get the rashes and hives within days of eating any GMO corn containing product now. But before I realized what was going on, it was much worse.

My legs and feet were seriously swelling up. At one point it was so bad that my legs were actually leaking fluid. I would go to work in the morning, and have to change my socks at lunch time because they were soaking wet. Yeah, it was fucking gross, and scared the shit out of me. Went to the doctor and had tests on every thing imaginable. Heart, kidneys, etc. all of which seemed to be functioning normally, but the doctor thought my lymphatic system was clogged up.

The lymphatic system is kind of a garbage disposal for the body. And if there's too much garbage in you, it backs up.

If I remember correctly, I went on a total juice fast for a few weeks after that (as I do on occasion anyway) and then started paying more attention to what I ate after that. As long as I avoid the mutant corn products I don't get those kind of reactions anymore.

Nitro Express
07-24-2012, 02:51 AM
Some farmer says he can tell if corn is GMO because pigs won't eat it. Yeah if there are certain preservatives or GMO the same thing happens to me.

I feel great since I changed my diet. I haven't been sick for a long time. In the winter I take a vitamin D3 suppliment. I think that helps. In the summer I'm out a lot so I get my D3 that way. I had my blood tested and everything is on the money.

Yount
07-24-2012, 03:40 AM
My diet is whacked. Slumpin' at .229 in the clean-up spot. I got no excuses.

It never rains, but such a hard choice.

Dave's Bitch
07-24-2012, 04:23 AM
I am a health freak so i am all about the lean's and green's

ashstralia
07-24-2012, 05:23 AM
mostly food

envy_me
07-24-2012, 05:30 AM
mostly food

Mostly? :D

ashstralia
07-24-2012, 05:42 AM
yep, at my advanced age i try to limit my intake of numbers and colours. :)

luckily, i live in our sub tropical food bowl, and junk food don't do it for me unless the hangover is epic.

Yount
07-25-2012, 06:42 AM
I smash through the lentils. They get their revenge later.