Wanted: Your Classic Van Halen/David Lee Roth ticket stub pics!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Wanted: Your Classic Van Halen/David Lee Roth ticket stub pics!

Thanks to ALMOSTsaved for this great idea....

I want to improve the already-fantastic "This Day in CVH/DLR History" Calendar....

So what I'm asking is for everyone to upload pics of their CVH/DLR ticket stubs....

Should be self-explanatory - Any CVH stubs from '78 to '84, or '07 to present.... Or any DLR solo ticket stubs, with the exception of the '02 tour with Bette.... Bette will not stain this calendar.... And don't even think about any Van Hagar stubs.....

The preferred method is to upload the pics to the private Van Halen photobucket account, password wawazat. Here is the link.

If you somehow can't do that, you can just sent it to me via PM here.....

The end result? A pretty cool looking day in the calendar, check it out....

Thanks, should be fun!

VA
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • gbranton
    Veteran
    • Aug 2005

Here's mine:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gbranton; 07-23-2012, 09:50 PM.
    "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Can you separate those please?

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• gbranton
        Veteran
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        Can you separate those please?
        Sure....
        Attached Files
        Last edited by gbranton; 07-23-2012, 09:56 PM.
        "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• gbranton
          Veteran
          • Aug 2005

The torn one is November 28th, 1982 at the Mobile Municipal Auditorium.
          Attached Files

Comment

• gbranton
            Veteran
            • Aug 2005

I am missing or have misplaced the stub from one Roth solo show, no idea where it is.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Done, thanks...

Comment

• Cato
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

mine.

I attended just 3 shows by now, though.

Nagoya-shi Kokaido, Nagoya, Japan. September 7th, 1979

Nagoya-shi Sogo Gymnasium(Rainbow Hall), Nagoya, Japan. September 26th, 1988.

Club Diamond Hall, Nagoya, Japan. January 28th, 2004
                Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                  Veteran
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                  Thanks to ALMOSTsaved for this great idea....

I want to improve the already-fantastic "This Day in CVH/DLR History" Calendar....

So what I'm asking is for everyone to upload pics of their CVH/DLR ticket stubs....

Should be self-explanatory - Any CVH stubs from '78 to '84, or '07 to present.... Or any DLR solo ticket stubs, with the exception of the '02 tour with Bette.... Bette will not stain this calendar.... And don't even think about any Van Hagar stubs.....

The preferred method is to upload the pics to the private Van Halen photobucket account, password wawazat. Here is the link.

If you somehow can't do that, you can just sent it to me via PM here.....

The end result? A pretty cool looking day in the calendar, check it out....

Thanks, should be fun!

VA
                  Thanks so much for the props. I have pm'd you all my stubs. You should have the following. Please let me know if you are missing any:

Van Halen - September 5, 1981 Biloxi, MS

Van Halen - July 24, 1982 Biloxi, MS

Van Halen - January 28, 1984 Biloxi, MS

David Lee Roth - November 8, 1986 Biloxi, MS

David Lee Roth - July 3, 1988 Biloxi, MS

David Lee Roth - July 19, 2003 Gulfport, MS

David Lee Roth - August 5, 2006 Mobile, AL

Van Halen - September 29, 2007 Greensboro, LA

Van Halen - February 8, 2008 New Orleans, LA

Van Halen - June 26, 2012 New Orleans, LA
                  I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
                    Van Halen - September 29, 2007 Greensboro, LA
                    Oops... September 29, 2007 Greensboro, NC! Screwed that one up.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

ALMOSTsaved- you saw the FW tour at age 11?! That's friggin' awesome. Hats off to your folks!

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                        ALMOSTsaved- you saw the FW tour at age 11?! That's friggin' awesome. Hats off to your folks!
                        Yeah. My mom loves music. She took me to my very first show KISS "Dynasty" tour 1979 when I was nine years old and to my first VH show "Fair Warning" when I was eleven. I have recently showed her some of my videos from the New Orleans show last month and she got a kick out of them. Her fave VH song is "Jump" and to this day she always says, "Too bad they didn't have 'Jump' when I took you to see them!"

My mother isn't a prude when it comes to language but she couldn't believe Dave's very liberal usage of the word "Fuck" at the "Fair Warning" show.

Comment

• VHscraps
                          Veteran
                          • Jul 2009

'Monsters of Rock', Donnington Park, August 18, 1984. Van Halen was second on the bill.

Hammersmith Odeon, August 30, 1988.
                          That was one hot ticket - at the time, it was DLR's only show in the UK (aside from Monsters of Rock), so it was a rapid sellout. The ticket cost me £60, after waiting until the gig had started and the scalpers started to drop the prices (tickets were changing hands £100s).

The Zenith, Paris, September 3, 1988.
                          Anyone from the UK at this gig? I took a bus from London that had a hotel deal as part of the price - I think the bus was half-full of people from Manchester / Leeds, then picked up the rest in London. Stayed in a hotel in St Denis, and got drunk in the bar afterwards with a bunch of people who I can't name ...

The Playhouse Theatre, Edinburgh, November 17, 1988

The Playhouse Theatre, Edinburgh, November 18, 1988

The Playhouse Theatre, Edinburgh, May 4, 1994

Tickets lost ... DLR's ALAE tour (Glasgow), and DLR at Monsters of Rock, 1988
                          Last edited by VHscraps; 07-24-2012, 12:22 PM. Reason: reduced photo sizes
                          THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I was at two of those too.

I notice that the Donnington gig has managed a pretty impressive 1500% price increase.

Comment

• VHscraps
                              Veteran
                              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              I notice that the Donnington gig has managed a pretty impressive 1500% price increase.
                              I wonder if the greater fan 'investment' in those rocketing ticket prices has led the organisers to check the grammar on those tickets before they print 80,000 ... 'No Camping is Allowed'.

'Camping Not Allowed' ...?
                              THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

Working...