• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacksmar
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Hacks net worth

I found th1s somewhat interesting.

Ballotpedia has compiled data on the average net worth of our elected officials for the years 2004 to 2010. As the average net worth of Congress has increased since 2004, and held about even from 2007 to 2010, the average American family net worth dropped 40 percent from 2007 to 2010 to an average o

Average net worth:

Top 10 Senators in 2010
    Senator Average Net Worth
    John Kerry (D-Mass) $231,722,794
    Mark Warner (D-Va) $192,730,605
    Herb Kohl (D-Wis) $173,538,010
    Jay Rockefeller (D-WVa) $99,057,011
    Frank R. Lautenberg (D-NJ) $85,572,116
    Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn) $73,151,590
    Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif) $69,046,622
    Bob Corker (R-Tenn) $59,550,022
    James E. Risch (R-Idaho) $54,088,026
    Mitch McConnell (R-Ky) $27,213,024

US House:
    Darrell Issa (R-Calif) $448,125,017
    Michael McCaul (R-Texas) $380,411,527
    Jane Harman (D-Calif) $326,844,751
    Jared Polis (D-Colo) $143,218,562
    Vernon Buchanan (R-Fla) $136,152,641
    Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif) $101,123,032
    Alan Grayson (D-Fla) $93,896,519
    Kenny Marchant (R-Texas) $49,340,275
    Gary Miller (R-Calif) $46,008,028
    Rodney Frelinghuysen (R-NJ) $42,900,594

Follow the money.
    A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

That is obscene...

Comment

• BigBadBrian
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Somewhat old.

That Über-idiot Alan Grayson was tossed out of the House on his ass by the electorate in the last election.
      “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• BigBadBrian
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        That is obscene...
        Indeed.

Besides, if I had that kind of money, I would rather be enjoying life rather than fighting those pissing matches in Congress everyday.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

They need to change the name of the place, there is fuck all Representative about those guys...

Comment

• Satan
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

The truly obscene part is how some of them got wealthy.

Jay Rockefeller obviously inherited it, because his great granddaddy was in the oil business. (This is why we need the Inheritance Tax, kids)

Darrell Issa was a professional car thief (not kidding, look it up) who then marketed his "skill set" by selling car alarms. He also financed the ridiculous California governor recall, thinking he could buy the job for himself, only to have Enron and the BCE pull the rug out from under him and put Herr Gropenator in as their chosen puppet.

Diane Feinstein and Jane Harman - two DLC false "Democrat" whores who have personally profited from the "defense" industry and the Chimp/PNAC wars. Which both of them voted for, naturally.

I find it hard to believe that Judas IsKerryot is the richest guy in the Senate, but I suspect whomever compiled this list probably counted his wife's money (which she got from her first husband) as his. Wealth by marriage seems fairly innocuous though, given the other examples mentioned.
            Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
            I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Mark Warner, the idiot Senator from my state, made his millions by insider-trading. SEC, where are you?

Comment

• Satan
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

I thought he got rich by selling those portable radiation generating cancer farms that you mortals call "cell phones"?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Everyone knows members of congress are insider trading and taking huge bribes. These guys spend all their money to get elected go to Washington sometimes with campaign debt to pay and then end up getting rich peddling their influence. Why nobody is putting a stop to this is most of them have obviously been bought off.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                    Indeed.

Besides, if I had that kind of money, I would rather be enjoying life rather than fighting those pissing matches in Congress everyday.
                    Everyday? They have a good deal of the year off...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Satan
                      I find it hard to believe that Judas IsKerryot is the richest guy in the Senate, but I suspect whomever compiled this list probably counted his wife's money (which she got from her first husband) as his. Wealth by marriage seems fairly innocuous though, given the other examples mentioned.
                      It's the Heinz fortune of his wife, Kerry doesn't have money....

Comment

• Satan
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                        It's the Heinz fortune of his wife, Kerry doesn't have money....

Well, he went sailing with the Kennedys as a kid, and went to a private school in Norway, so I'd guess he was always "sort of" rich, at least.

But yeah, this is obviously Teresa's money being talked about here in this article (or more accurately, John Heinz's money).

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Kerry's wife bought a french chataue had it disassembled moved to Sun Valley, Idaho and rebuilt there. My brother in law was manager of a freight depot and sometimes would deliver smaller deliveries himself in the company van if the big trucks were busy. It was Christmas time and he was making some deliveries in Sun Valley and one quite heavy box was for Senator Kerry and his wife. They were throwing a big Christmas party and they had ordered new silverware for it. He said the estate was majorly nice.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• MUSICMANN
                            Sniper
                            • Apr 2004

Who cares how much they are worth, does it make a big difference in anything. The things that are important is that they, the government, use our tax dollars for building solid infrastructure, keeping our military strong, keeping our schools well run and kids safe, protecting our borders, cut the entitlement and give away programs and make people that are not old or disabled go and work and staying as far the fuck away from our free enterprise system that creates jobs and economic growth.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by MUSICMANN
                              Who cares how much they are worth, does it make a big difference in anything. The things that are important is that they, the government, use our tax dollars for building solid infrastructure, keeping our military strong, keeping our schools well run and kids safe, protecting our borders, cut the entitlement and give away programs and make people that are not old or disabled go and work and staying as far the fuck away from our free enterprise system that creates jobs and economic growth.
                              Well, in this case, a Biblical principle applies... contrary to a common misconception, it's not money itself that is the root of all evil, but the love of money.

For example, the Kennedys were rich as fuck, but they wanted to do what they could to improve the world. (Yeah old Joe did some sleazy shit in his time, but his sons more than made up for it, at least before they were murdered) And whatever your opinion of Microsoft and its products, there's no question that Bill Gates has done some good things with his money.

On the other hand you have the BCE, Romney, the Walton family (the Arkansas branch, not John Boy and his clan), the oil companies, the KKKochs, etc. who love nothing more than money, making more money, and shitting all over their fellow human beings, and mother Earth to get that money.

That's the difference. Unfortunately, the policies of the last 30 years are all about the evil rich, and not the good rich. Who seem to be in the minority these days.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...