X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tbone888
    Roadie
    • Feb 2012

Why is this album back on the charts?

Van Halen's "The Best of Both Worlds" re-entered the billboard top 200 this week at position 32. Any idea why? Just curious.
  • chi-town324
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Feb 2007

Sammy must need some cash!

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Considering the Billboard page also said that it was #6 on the gospel charts (which turns out to be a completely different album by God only knows who), I suspect the entire thing is one huge glitch.

Or if it's not, any new fans of the band who went to a recent concert, and then decided to pick up a "Greatest Hits" album, rather than purchasing the actual albums.... well, they're really going to be disappointed with all the SHIT they'll have to fast forward through on this one.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• vaijuju
        Sniper
        • Jan 2008

The Week before Van Halen I was on billboard with 5000 sales , now The Best of both worlds with more 10 000 sales..
        http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• Halen High
          Commando
          • Jul 2004

BOBW has probably been discounted and/or promoted on itunes to capitalise on the popularity of ADKOT. In a way it's a good thing as BOBW features those three embarrassing new Van Hagar tracks, which rank as the worst music that version of the band ever recorded. So new fans who have picked up ADKOT, who then hear those three shocking Van Hagar offerings as well as all the 'Flashdance' numbers and mediocre 'rock', will join the ever-growing legion of rock fans who think Dave-fronted VH rules and Van Hagar sucked!

Comment

• Halen High
            Commando
            • Jul 2004

I think that's an andication that new fans are buying BOBW. Compilations are popular with people who have just caught onto an artist. It's just a shame that BOBW is such an appallingly put together 'best of'. If they had to release another 'all-eras' CD, they should have made it two discs representing each version of VH. I wonder whose idea/decision that was?

Comment

• Yount
              Commando
              • Jan 2012

The song list for BOBW is terrible. I haven't yet heard the studio version of "Learning to see" I must check it out...

Comment

• ashstralia
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Feb 2004

what, is bobw the live album?

i'm sadly lacking in any =VH= which doesn't Have Roth.™

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

I think I saw it on a list of Amazon discounts last week. they were selling mp3 albums for anywhere between $0.99 and $2.99.
                  David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                  — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Yount
                    The song list for BOBW is terrible. I haven't yet heard the studio version of "Learning to see" I must check it out...
                    The only one of the three tunes that showed promise. Right up until the mouth opened.

Comment

• vaijuju
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by damngoodtimes
                      I think I saw it on a list of Amazon discounts last week. they were selling mp3 albums for anywhere between $0.99 and $2.99.
                      I can't remember exactly but sales under 3.00$ don't count for billboard ..but perhats it's under 2.50$

EDIT :
                      Billboard announced that they would no longer count any album sales under $3.49.
                      Last edited by vaijuju; 08-15-2012, 10:51 AM.
                      http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

the article I just read said that the $3.49 rule (implemented in Nov 2011) was only for the first 4 weeks of release. Apparently, this is the Lady Gaga rule; I guess she sold her latest album for $0.99 the first week so she could debut at platinum.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2004

I looked at the chart, and there was also Greatest Hits CD's from James Taylor and RHCP that re-entered the charts in the Top40. Plus, Rush's new CD (in its 8th week) jumped from 70 to 13. All of these were in this sale. I think Rush was selling for 99 cents.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
                            what, is bobw the live album?

i'm sadly lacking in any =VH= which doesn't Have Roth.™
                            No, this would be the "greatest hits" compilation released in 2004 to cash in on the Van Hagar Velveetapalooza 2004 tour, and featuring the three new recordings with Spammy that made VDIII sound like a masterpiece, by comparison.

Look for "Up for Breakfast" on YouTube if you want to hear how bad they were. I'm not going to post that shit here.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                              Look for "Up for Breakfast" on YouTube if you want to hear how bad they were. I'm not going to post that shit here.
                              If you really feel a need to induce projectile vomiting, use the Youtube or Google search engine to find a live clip of the previously mentioned tunes from the same tour. Trust me, it works better than syrup of ipecac.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...