• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

35 Years Ago Today - The Death of Elvis

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I can remember, with crystal clarity, being 7 and sitting on the beach with my Dad and my brother listening to a transistor radio when the news broke. I can still hear my Dad saying, "Uh oh. You're Mother's not gonna like that one."

Long live the King.

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

I was in my room watching TV when the news came out. I'll never forget it. My mom opened my door and came in crying and she said "Donnie, Elvis is dead." And I could not fucking believe it...
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Angel
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

35 Years Ago Today - The Death of Elvis

I remember sitting with my brother and listening to his Elvis 8-tracks. Elvis was my first love. I was 4 when I told my parents I was going to marry him.
        Last edited by Angel; 08-16-2012, 09:44 AM.
        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

I was in the garden with the kids from the street and the next door family were a real teddy boy family proper old rock n rollers and they took their kid in to the house , it was a big thing for my parents at the time .
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Fairwrning
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

I was sitting in my living room when the news came..My mother started sobbing big time

Comment

• fourthcoming

I was a little too young, not yet 4 yrs old when the King passed. I do remember my father crying when Thurman Munson died and my mother absolutely going to pieces when Lennon died. In any event, rest in peace King.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                I was sitting in my living room when the news came..My mother started sobbing big time
                Elvis was sitting on the toilet when the news came....

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jul 2010

Yes . Remember it like it was yesterday . I was sitting on the front porch of my buddy Jeff 's house taking a breather . I had just finished mowing his front yard . It was very hot and humid that day . The front door was open and Jeff was on the phone with his mom who happened to be at work . The news broke on the TV in his living room . I jumped up and swung open the screen door and stood there in total disbelief at what I was hearing . It hit me like a ton of bricks . Jeffs mom dropped the phone and started sobbing at work while he was talking to her . Sad stuff man . I was only 14 but I realized Elvis' magnitude . It rained very hard that night . Somehow it seemed fitting .

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

I am still not 100% convinced he physically died.

Sure, Elvis the singer died to the world that day, but if there was ever someone who had the money, the resources and the reason to fake his own death, he is the one.

I mean, how can a dead man fill out his own death certificate?

Comment

• VHscraps
                      Veteran
                      • Jul 2009

One of my favourite Elvis tunes, 'Kentucky Rain' from 1969.

THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Satan
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

The King always gets big applause from the crowds here in Hell with this one....

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                        I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• motherchicken
                          • Nov 2009

Trending at number one at yahoo is Pete Best getting fired from the Beatles 50 years ago. Elvis dying no where in sight.

Comment

• VHscraps
                            Veteran
                            • Jul 2009

Pete Best - unluckiest man in rock'n'roll history!?

Got fired, it is said, 'cos he was getting all the female attention ...
                            THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Satan
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VHscraps
                              Pete Best - unluckiest man in rock'n'roll history!?

Got fired, it is said, 'cos he was getting all the female attention ...
                              Absolutely true... He was getting all the best pussy, and Paul was jealous.

And I heard this directly from John, George, and Stu Sutcliffe, so you know its the real deal.
                              Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                              I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

Working...