PDA

View Full Version : Corporate Medicine Kills Neil Armstrong

ELVIS
08-25-2012, 03:53 PM
(CBS News) Neil Armstrong, the Apollo 11 astronaut who became the first human being to set foot on another world, has died. He was 82.

In a statement his family said Armstrong had passed away following complications resulting from cardiovascular procedures.

The family described him as a loving husband, father, grandfather, brother and friend, and also as "a reluctant American hero who always believed he was just doing his job."

That's one small step for (a) man, one giant leap for mankind.

:elvis:

FORD
08-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Probably had him on Plavix or some shit like that.

ELVIS
08-25-2012, 03:59 PM
I'm sure statin drugs, and no eggs...

Nickdfresh
08-25-2012, 03:59 PM
I mean he was only 82, definitely a corporate pharma whack job. Never mind that he lived well past the life expectancy of those even a few short decades ago!

PETE'S BROTHER
08-25-2012, 05:03 PM
I mean he was only 82, definitely a corporate pharma whack job. Never mind that he lived well past the life expectancy of those even a few short decades ago!

he was gonna tell the truth about... the invisible plane that hit the pentagon

Hardrock69
08-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Simply because his family even MENTIONED the word "hospital" to him, that made him die. Plain and simple.

Such is the power of healthcare corporations and the insurance industry these days.

Right, E?
:hee:

BigBadBrian
08-25-2012, 05:18 PM
What an idiotic thread title. :gulp:

Sensible Shoes
08-25-2012, 05:31 PM
He was abducted by aliens from Mars.

BigBadBrian
08-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Probably had him on Plavix or some shit like that.

FORD, one day you're going to rely on, maybe even to keep you living, the drug(s) from a big Pharmaceutical Company you currently bitch about. No, natural remedies and homeopathic, holistic voodoo spells aren't always the answer.

gbranton
08-25-2012, 05:36 PM

It should read "Moon landing psy op thread".

DONNIEP
08-25-2012, 05:37 PM
Simply because his family even MENTIONED the word "hospital" to him, that made him die. Plain and simple.

Such is the power of healthcare corporations and the insurance industry these days.

Right, E?

I've worked in the health insurance industry for 20 years. It was all my fault. I killed the moon man.

envy_me
08-25-2012, 05:38 PM
I've worked in the health insurance industry for 20 years. It was all my fault. I killed the moon man.

You shouldn't have choked him, you should have only slapped him :D

ELVIS
08-25-2012, 05:54 PM
FORD, one day you're going to rely on, maybe even to keep you living, the drug(s) from a big Pharmaceutical Company you currently bitch about. No, natural remedies and homeopathic, holistic voodoo spells aren't always the answer.

Voodoo probably works better than big pharma poison...

ELVIS
08-25-2012, 05:56 PM

Right, E?

I don't know the particulars, but clearly he'd be alive today had he not let the doctors fuck with him...

Nickdfresh
08-25-2012, 06:19 PM
When are they gonna whack Buzz Aldrin for revealing the UFO secrets?:

And did I just agree with a BBB post? Fuck!

Sensible Shoes
08-25-2012, 06:27 PM
I don't know the particulars, but clearly he'd be alive today had he not let the doctors fuck with him...

There's some really fucked up reasoning.

ELVIS
08-25-2012, 07:28 PM

Sad isn't it...

ELVIS
08-25-2012, 07:31 PM
There's some really fucked up reasoning.

Tell that to Neil...

Oh wait, you can't! He's dead...

FORD
08-25-2012, 07:37 PM

SOME pharmaceutical drugs may have some valid purpose. But Plavix is NOT one of them.

ELVIS
08-25-2012, 07:40 PM
Name one (besides antibiotics) that has a purpose...

Sensible Shoes
08-25-2012, 08:27 PM
I am on several that have a purpose but I'll be damned if I'm going to tell you what they're for. Personal.

Seshmeister
08-25-2012, 09:55 PM
Sad isn't it...

Yup it certainly is.

I blame the way science is taught in US schools.

Still I can take some solace from the fact that you are no longer in nursing.

Seshmeister
08-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Name one (besides antibiotics) that has a purpose...

I think that is the most moronic thing you have ever posted.

It's actually beaten your classic 'there are no transition fossils' one from 3 or 4 years ago.

ELVIS
08-26-2012, 06:55 AM
I am on several that have a purpose but I'll be damned if I'm going to tell you what they're for. Personal.

I'll bet I can name most of them...

ELVIS
08-26-2012, 06:58 AM
I think that is the most moronic thing you have ever posted.

It's actually beaten your classic 'there are no transition fossils' one from 3 or 4 years ago.

And you never produced evidence of a transition fossil, and you can't name a big pharma poison that's safe and does anything more than treat a symptom...

Seshmeister
08-26-2012, 08:00 AM
I produced hundreds of transition fossils and what the fuck is wrong with treating a symptom?

ELVIS
08-26-2012, 08:10 AM
Everything...

Treating a symptom over and over makes big pharma tons of money and causes insurance rates to go up...

it does nothing for the underlying cause...

If someone starts shooting people and killing them in your neighborhood, would you rather find a good treatment for bullet wounds or stop the wounds from happening by containing or killing the shooter ??

There's no money in cures...

ELVIS
08-26-2012, 08:11 AM
And where's that transition fossil ??

Hundreds ??

Surely you can pull one right off the top of your head ??

Nickdfresh
08-26-2012, 09:34 AM
Everything...

Treating a symptom over and over makes big pharma tons of money and causes insurance rates to go up...

If someone starts shooting people and killing them in your neighborhood, would you rather find a good treatment for bullet wounds or stop the wounds from happening by containing or killing the shooter ??

Or maybe they could have a really expensive, painful, and debilitating surgery instead?

BigBadBrian
08-26-2012, 10:30 AM
SOME pharmaceutical drugs may have some valid purpose. But Plavix is NOT one of them.

Oh, I wasn't aware you were a cardiologist, vascular surgeon, or Pharmacologist. :gulp:

envy_me
08-26-2012, 10:42 AM
Please people, he was 82. If corporate meds could hold me alive for that long, I'd be more then satisfied...

FORD
08-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Everything...

And yet, you support the continuation of corporatized "health care" which makes this all possible. As well as no restrictions to nutcases and criminals getting their hands on guns, as far as your analogy goes.

FORD
08-26-2012, 10:53 AM
Oh, I wasn't aware you were a cardiologist, vascular surgeon, or Pharmacologist. :gulp:

You don't need to be one. All you need to know is, if a drug is no more effective at blood thinning than Aspirin, then why not just take Aspirin, and spare the awful side effects.

BigBadBrian
08-26-2012, 10:55 AM
And yet, you support the continuation of corporatized "health care" which makes this all possible. As well as no restrictions to nutcases and criminals getting their hands on guns, as far as your analogy goes.

If you they think government-run healthcare is going to solve any problems, you are sorely mistaken. Medicare routinely turns down both treatments and medications that are tried and true AND newer medications and treatments because not enough studies have been done to prove they work!!!

Nickdfresh
08-26-2012, 11:10 AM
If you they think government-run healthcare is going to solve any problems, you are sorely mistaken. Medicare routinely turns down both treatments and medications that are tried and true AND newer medications and treatments because not enough studies have been done to prove they work!!!

That's because dolts see some 'wonder drug' with often potentially horrific side-effects adverted on TV, and are told to "go ask your doctor" which is sort of bullshit. One area I'd like to see pharma curtailed and restricted is in their bullshit and massively expended advertizing...

The premise of this thread is completely "rediculous" as Elvis likes to say, though...

FORD
08-26-2012, 11:11 AM

Considering all the deaths that have come from pharma poisons that hit the market before they were truly tested in recent years, why would it be a BAD thing not to accept them until they were?

I'm not saying Medicare is a perfect system without glitches. Saw a recent example of one in my family, though it was actually the private (corporate) insurance who fucked up there, as they attempted to deny coverage for something "because Medicare wouldn't pay for it".

Ummm... isn't that your job, assholes. Thankfully this was all worked out in the end, but it was a dumb situation in the first place, and wouldn't have existed at all in any other civilized country.

Seshmeister
08-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Everything...

Utter nonsense.

Seshmeister
08-26-2012, 12:04 PM
And where's that transition fossil ??

Hundreds ??

Surely you can pull one right off the top of your head ??

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=transition+fossils+list

Angel
08-26-2012, 12:22 PM
That's because dolts see some 'wonder drug' with often potentially horrific side-effects adverted on TV, and are told to "go ask your doctor" which is sort of bullshit. One area I'd like to see pharma curtailed and restricted is in their bullshit and massively expended advertizing...

The premise of this thread is completely "rediculous" as Elvis likes to say, though...

They're not allowed to advertise like that up here. Of course, with cable we all see them on the US networks anyway...

BigBadBrian
08-26-2012, 06:35 PM

I agree with that.

BigBadBrian
08-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Ummm... isn't that your job, assholes. Thankfully this was all worked out in the end, but it was a dumb situation in the first place, and wouldn't have existed at all in any other civilized country.

A lot of companies rely on Medicare standards as to whether they'll pay or not. They figure if Uncle Sam doesn't think something is effective or if it's unsafe, why should they be on the hook for the tab?