PDA

View Full Version : The Man With No Name Speaks At RNC...

Hardrock69
08-31-2012, 03:12 AM
Continuing The Republican Tradition Of Using Actors To Try To Win Elections Due To A Lack Of Qualified Assholes, er I mean "Candidates".

"I am not an asshole. I just play one on TV"
http://i47.tinypic.com/149tumc.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/30/rachel-maddow-clint-eastwood-weirdest-thing-political-convention_n_1845231.html

Rachel Maddow was at a loss for words on Thursday after Clint Eastwood finished what was largely considered a bizarre and awkward GOP convention appearance.

"I don't -- I don't -- I don't know what was going on there," Maddow said, seemingly tongue-tied. "Clint Eastwood is 82 years old and I think that -- I don't know if that's what was going on there."

Maddow attempted to recap Eastwood's speech. "It started off with him clearly off-prompter talking, rambling, about conservatives in Hollywood. He did make one point about the end of the war in Afghanistan and fake interviewed an empty chair as if it was Barack Obama, the President of the United States, swearing at him," she said.

As Sen. Marco Rubio took the stage to deliver his speech, Maddow continued to react to Eastwood's remarks.

"That was the weirdest thing I've ever seen at a political convention in my entire life, and it will be the weirdest thing I've ever seen if I live to be 100," she said. "Here's Marco Rubio."

Maddow was not the only journalist to wonder about Eastwood's comments. Brokaw tweeted that Eastwood became famous as being a man of few words. "As a surprise guest on the Tampa stage he had too many words (I say as a friend)," Brokaw wrote.

After the convention was over, Maddow revisited Eastwood's speech and said she did not understand why the video introducing Romney, which she described as "very good," was left out of the prime time hour of coverage so that Eastwood could speak to an empty chair.

"I don't mean to make light of other things, but I think the Clint Eastwood thing really, seriously blew [the Romney campaign's] final night, and they're making light of already, but I cannot believe that it happened," Maddow said.

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Celebs-tweet-about-Eastwood-at-RNC-3829665.php

A sampling of celebrity tweets in response to Clint Eastwood's odd conversation with an invisible President Barack Obama in an empty chair before the Republican National Convention on Thursday:

— "This seat's taken." — (visible) President Barack Obama.

— "20 years ago I wanted Clint Eastwood to make my day. Now I just want him to take his pills and b grateful he doesnt need medicare." — Nancy Lee Grahn, "General Hospital" actress.

— "I demand to see Invisible Obama's invisible birth certificate." — Michael Schaffer, The New Republic.

— "And so on this day, August 30, 2012, (at)MittRomney became a better actor than Clint Eastwood." — Lawrence O'Donnell, host of MSNBC's "The Last Word."

— "I can't believe I just watched (hash)ClintEastwood turn into somebody's DRUNK UNCLE HARRY on the stage of the (hash)GOP (hash)RNC. He humiliated himself." — Star Jones, "Today" contributor.

— "I heard that Clint Eastwood was channeling me at the RNC. My lawyers and I are drafting our lawsuit." — comic actor Bob Newhart, referring to his signature one-way-conversation routines.

— "'If Clint Eastwood ever talks to a chair on national TV, people will need a way to reassure each other' — inventor of Twitter, March 2006." — Patton Oswalt, comedian and actor on "The King of Queens."

— "Clint Eastwood's RNC speech was to imaginary Obama in an empty chair. I'm drafting a DNC speech to imaginary Romney in an empty factory." — George Takei, Mr. Sulu of "Star Trek."

FORD
08-31-2012, 03:19 AM
Malloy was playing parts of the Eastwood speech live on his show tonight. He was so embarrassed for Clint that he turned it off.

Clint's slightly older than my father, and I'm witnessing his mental decline, so I really can't laugh at this. I just don't know what the fuck they were thinking, putting him on stage like that. :(

Hardrock69
08-31-2012, 04:11 AM
Damn. 82. If we are lucky, we got him for another 10-20 years.

FORD
08-31-2012, 04:58 AM
Meanwhile, the biggest irony of the evening.....

Former American Idol douchenozzle Taylor Hicks singing the Doobie Brothers "Taking It To The Streets" to the crowd of 1%'ers

Did he actually pay any fucking attention to the lyrics of the song??? :biggrin:

BigBadBrian
08-31-2012, 07:51 AM
Liberals would eat their babies if they thought they had a difference of opinion.

BigBadBrian
08-31-2012, 08:08 AM
Thank you very much. Thank you. Thank you very much. Save a little for Mitt.
(APPLAUSE) I know what you are thinking. You are thinking, what’s a movie tradesman doing out here? You know they are all left wingers out there, left of Lenin. At least that is what people think. That is not really the case. There are a lot of conservative people, a lot of moderate people, Republicans, Democrats, in Hollywood. It is just that the conservative people by the nature of the word itself play closer to the vest. They do not go around hot dogging it.
(APPLAUSE)
So — but they are there, believe me, they are there. I just think, in fact, some of them around town, I saw Jon Voight, a lot of people around.
(APPLAUSE)
Jon’s here, an academy award winner. A terrific guy. These people are all like-minded, like all of us.
So I — so I’ve got Mr. Obama sitting here. And he’s — I was going to ask him a couple of questions. But — you know about — I remember three and a half years ago, when Mr. Obama won the election. And though I was not a big supporter, I was watching that night when he was having that thing and they were talking about hope and change and they were talking about, yes we can, and it was dark outdoors, and it was nice, and people were lighting candles.
They were saying, I just thought, this was great. Everybody is trying, Oprah was crying.
(LAUGHTER)
EASTWOOD: I was even crying. And then finally — and I haven’t cried that hard since I found out that there is 23 million unemployed people in this country.
(APPLAUSE)
Now that is something to cry for because that is a disgrace, a national disgrace, and we haven’t done enough, obviously — this administration hasn’t done enough to cure that. Whenever interest they have is not strong enough, and I think possibly now it may be time for somebody else to come along and solve the problem.
(APPLAUSE)
So, Mr. President, how do you handle promises that you have made when you were running for election, and how do you handle them?
I mean, what do you say to people? Do you just — you know — I know — people were wondering — you don’t — handle that OK. Well, I know even people in your own party were very disappointed when you didn’t close Gitmo. And I thought, well closing Gitmo — why close that, we spent so much money on it. But, I thought maybe as an excuse — what do you mean shut up?
(LAUGHTER)
OK, I thought maybe it was just because somebody had the stupid idea of trying terrorists in downtown New York City.
(APPLAUSE)
I’ve got to to hand it to you. I have to give credit where credit is due. You did finally overrule that finally. And that’s — now we are moving onward. I know you were against the war in Iraq, and that’s okay. But you thought the war in Afghanistan was OK. You know, I mean — you thought that was something worth doing. We didn’t check with the Russians to see how did it — they did there for 10 years.
(APPLAUSE)
But we did it, and it is something to be thought about, and I think that, when we get to maybe — I think you’ve mentioned something about having a target date for bringing everybody home. You gave that target date, and I think Mr. Romney asked the only sensible question, you know, he says, “Why are you giving the date out now? Why don’t you just bring them home tomorrow morning?”
(APPLAUSE)
And I thought — I thought, yeah — I am not going to shut up, it is my turn.
(LAUGHTER)
So anyway, we’re going to have — we’re going to have to have a little chat about that. And then, I just wondered, all these promises — I wondered about when the — what do you want me to tell Romney? I can’t tell him to do that. I can’t tell him to do that to himself.
(APPLAUSE)
You’re crazy, you’re absolutely crazy. You’re getting as bad as Biden.
(APPLAUSE)
Of course we all now Biden is the intellect of the Democratic party.
(LAUGHTER)
Kind of a grin with a body behind it.
(LAUGHTER)
But I just think that there is so much to be done, and I think that Mr. Romney and Mr. Ryan are two guys that can come along. See, I never thought it was a good idea for attorneys to the president, anyway.
(APPLAUSE)
I think attorneys are so busy — you know they’re always taught to argue everything, and always weight everything — weigh both sides...
MORE
(INSERT ZACH)
XXX I think attorneys are so busy — you know they’re always taught to argue everything, always weigh everything, weigh both sides.
EASTWOOD: They are always devil’s advocating this and bifurcating this and bifurcating that. You know all that stuff. But, I think it is maybe time — what do you think — for maybe a businessman. How about that?
(APPLAUSE)
A stellar businessman. Quote, unquote, “a stellar businessman.”
And I think it’s that time. And I think if you just step aside and Mr. Romney can kind of take over. You can maybe still use a plane.
(APPLAUSE)
Though maybe a smaller one. Not that big gas guzzler you are going around to colleges and talking about student loans and stuff like that.
(APPLAUSE)
You are an — an ecological man. Why would you want to drive that around?
OK, well anyway. All right, I’m sorry. I can’t do that to myself either.
(APPLAUSE)
I would just like to say something, ladies and gentlemen. Something that I think is very important. It is that, you, we — we own this country.
(APPLAUSE)
We — we own it. It is not you owning it, and not politicians owning it. Politicians are employees of ours.
(APPLAUSE)
And — so — they are just going to come around and beg for votes every few years. It is the same old deal. But I just think it is important that you realize , that you’re the best in the world. Whether you are a Democrat or Republican or whether you’re libertarian or whatever, you are the best. And we should not ever forget that. And when somebody does not do the job, we got to let them go.
(APPLAUSE)
Okay, just remember that. And I’m speaking out for everybody out there. It doesn’t hurt, we don’t have to be
(AUDIENCE MEMBER): (inaudible)
(LAUGHTER)
I do not say that word anymore. Well, maybe one last time.
(LAUGHTER)
We don’t have to be — what I’m saying, we do not have to be metal (ph) masochists and vote for somebody that we don’t really even want in office just because they seem to be nice guys or maybe not so nice guys, if you look at some of the recent ads going out there, I don’t know.
(APPLAUSE)
But OK. You want to make my day?
(APPLAUSE)
All right. I started, you finish it. Go ahead.
AUDIENCE: Make my day!
EASTWOOD: Thank you. Thank you very much.

BigBadBrian
08-31-2012, 08:10 AM
I suppose now the Libs on this board will insult Clint for his political views. I'll bet they can't debate the points of his speech without name-calling or insults.

ELVIS
08-31-2012, 08:14 AM
What ??

Whatever dude...

But I thought Clint was pretty good and funny...

Obama should counter with Gary Busey...

:biggrin:

BigBadBrian
08-31-2012, 08:17 AM
What ??

Whatever dude...

But I thought Clint was pretty good and funny...

Obama should counter with Gary Busey...

At least Gary Busey and Barack Obama have the same intellect level. Clint is waaayyyyyyyyy smarter and has more common sense than Obama.

ELVIS
08-31-2012, 08:19 AM
Waaaaaayyyyyy smarter ??

BigBadBrian
08-31-2012, 08:22 AM
Waaaaaayyyyyy smarter ??

OK, maybe not "Waaaaaayyyyyy." Just waayyy.

DLR Bridge
08-31-2012, 08:41 AM
He's free to have his views. Why the interpretation of those views included Obama fictitiously telling Rmoney to go fuck himself is beyond me. Clint is officially in the Jack Palance - Charlton Heston stage of life. He's old, often drunk and thinks very little before opening his mouth. We'll just have to wait and see if George Clooney shows up drunk at the DNC and fictitiously mimics Rmoney telling the world that his taxes and the true American travesties caused by Bain are none of our fucking business.

Matt White
08-31-2012, 08:48 AM
"Clint Eastwood's RNC speech was to imaginary Obama in an empty chair. I'm drafting a DNC speech to imaginary Romney in an empty factory." — George Takei, Mr. Sulu of "Star Trek."

Well played Sir....well played.

Nickdfresh
08-31-2012, 09:20 AM
I suppose now the Libs on this board will insult Clint for his political views. I'll bet they can't debate the points of his speech without name-calling or insults.

No. I love Clint, but the chair thing was weird and Dirty Harry acted a bit like "Drunk Uncle Harry"...

Do we really need to analyze every frigging speech word-for-word? Do we really need a thread for everyone?

Nickdfresh
08-31-2012, 09:28 AM
At least Gary Busey and Barack Obama have the same intellect level. Clint is waaayyyyyyyyy smarter and has more common sense than Obama.

Well, he appears waaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy drunker at least...

binnie
08-31-2012, 09:47 AM
What have Clint's political views got to do with anything?

I hate this celebrity culture. If Clint is talking about acting, directing, or being tall, then he has an opinion worth listening too. If it's on any other topic, then why is his opinion any more valid that the local hair dresser? Not getting at him, it just pisses me off that people equate fame with verity.

As for the speach from Ryan, it's a well-crafted piece of oratory. Kudos to him. But it doesn't tell you anything. 'We're going to do this, we're going to this, we're going to do this.....' Tell me HOW. Again, that is not to get at him - politicians on both sides will do the same. It is as though their advisers think that the general public is too stupid, or not interested, in evaluationg specific and drawn out plans. Without specific plans, specific numbers, and the evidence to convince me why your chosen plan for the economy has more validity - from economists and economic theory - then all we are doing is comparing which guys has the best speech writers, and who can sell you the best pitch.

Politics has to be about more than that, right?

Nickdfresh
08-31-2012, 11:50 AM

Well Brian, if anyone has the credibility to call for debate and the espousing of political views without resorting to name-calling and insults, it is certainly you (shortbus)... :)

Nickdfresh
08-31-2012, 11:52 AM
BTW, do we need a separate topic for speech text? I mean, what's the point anyways as speeches are oratory and not really meant to be overly read other than to pull out a little nugget of wisdom.

But I will say one thing for Clint, he had the balls to mention Afghanistan unlike either GOP candidate in their speeches...

BigBadBrian
08-31-2012, 11:53 AM
it is certainly you (shortbus)... :)

Shortbus is my name for dimwit Dumbocrats on this board like gayhale and DumbAsARock. You're not allowed to use it. :biggrin:

jhale667
08-31-2012, 12:45 PM
Funny or Die (http://www.funnyordie.com/slideshows/7fa70b5e34/the-internet-s-best-immediate-reactions-to-clint-eastwood-s-weird-chair-rant?fb_action_ids=10151184972392246&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582)is having a field day with it already... and so is Obama. :lmao:

This seat's taken. OFA.BO/c2gbfi, twitter.com/BarackObama/stΒ…β€” Barack Obama (@BarackObama) August 31, 2012

jhale667
08-31-2012, 02:16 PM
James Lipton was not impressed...

DLR Bridge
08-31-2012, 02:25 PM
Aaaahh, and a pleasant little afternoon Alex Wagner fix t'boot! Thanks J.

Hardrock69
08-31-2012, 02:47 PM
Here is a statement a friend of mine made, and I could not have said it better myself:

I love Clint Eastwood's work. Last night was one of his best performances. The perfect portrayal of an archetypal, Republican and Tea Partier... An old rich white guy with imagined burdens scolding a person that doesn't exist anywhere but in his own mind.

FORD
08-31-2012, 03:30 PM
What's truly frightening is that basically, you're witnessing an old man having a mental breakdown on stage, and these fucking idiots are cheering it on.

But after Reagan, Chimpy, and Sarah Palin, I guess it's not really all that surprising. Repukes LOVE to identify with people who don't have a lot going on upstairs.

jhale667
08-31-2012, 04:06 PM
Aaaahh, and a pleasant little afternoon Alex Wagner fix t'boot! Thanks J.

Yeah, loooooove her. I don't know what it is about her, but something makes me want to strap her to my head... :eatit:

DLR Bridge
08-31-2012, 04:19 PM
Yeah, loooooove her. I don't know what it is about her, but something makes me want to strap her to my head... :eatit:

I even like her voice. That cute, squeaky...sexy ass voice.

And props to Lipton's beard. That thing is fierce. (not really)

jhale667
08-31-2012, 04:26 PM
I even like her voice. That cute, squeaky...sexy ass voice.

One can imagine how awesome she probably sounds getting railed, yes... :sex:

FORD
08-31-2012, 05:29 PM
Alex Wagner looks like she could be the missing sister of the family that lived across the street from me when I was growing up.

No, I never banged any of them... it was one of those things where girls get less and less attractive when your mom likes them and is trying to set you up with them.

Probably just as well though.... that family was far too fertile and got pregnant too easily. (Also Catholic, so birth control wouldn't have been an option)

clarathecarrot
08-31-2012, 06:17 PM
What have Clint's political views got to do with anything?

I hate this celebrity culture. If Clint is talking about acting, directing, or being tall, then he has an opinion worth listening too. If it's on any other topic, then why is his opinion any more valid that the local hair dresser? Not getting at him, it just pisses me off that people equate fame with verity.

As for the speach from Ryan, it's a well-crafted piece of oratory. Kudos to him. But it doesn't tell you anything. 'We're going to do this, we're going to this, we're going to do this.....' Tell me HOW. Again, that is not to get at him - politicians on both sides will do the same. It is as though their advisers think that the general public is too stupid, or not interested, in evaluationg specific and drawn out plans. Without specific plans, specific numbers, and the evidence to convince me why your chosen plan for the economy has more validity - from economists and economic theory - then all we are doing is comparing which guys has the best speech writers, and who can sell you the best pitch.

Politics has to be about more than that, right?

No Harsh, here Binnie but Clint actually was the mayor of a small very small little town and won all of the 27 votes in a landslide more than likely.....lol.

He has served as a politrical appointee and should thus have the right to speak on political subjects due to his service to this country.

Unlike the NON-MAYORS that mod The Front.

binnie
08-31-2012, 07:04 PM
Next week Jessica Simpson will be explaining the Republican position on global warming............

clarathecarrot
08-31-2012, 08:27 PM
Next week Jessica Simpson will be explaining the Republican position on global warming............

Now you're talking.

I hope she fixes the these global warming problems as the secretary of Hottness.

Keeping those big mommy boobs cool is priority ONE!!

jhale667
08-31-2012, 08:46 PM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/402941_363269877086367_292450384_n.jpg

"Clint, fear is the path of the Republican side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."

ELVIS
08-31-2012, 10:41 PM
And tacos lead to nothing,,,

What's your point ??

I thought Eastwood was hilarious...

It's just that liberals like Romney and his wife (who thinks she's helping his campaign) and people like you are too uptight...

Have they labeled Clint racist yet ??

FORD
08-31-2012, 10:49 PM
And tacos lead to nothing,,,

What's your point ??

I thought Eastwood was hilarious...

Really?

I'd think with 20 years as a nurse in your background, you would recognize dementia when you see it. :(

jhale667
08-31-2012, 11:02 PM
Really?

I'd think with 20 years as a nurse in your background, you would recognize dementia when you see it. :(

He's soaking in it....

jhale667
09-01-2012, 02:17 AM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/582606_517066348307123_1378763648_n.jpg

Blaze
09-01-2012, 02:25 AM
He seemed like a plant. Think there re others?

jhale667
09-01-2012, 03:59 AM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/549689_342385915850877_1525611667_n.jpg

jhale667
09-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Finally watched this all the way through. What. The. Fuck.

jhale667
09-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Dupage.

Seshmeister
09-01-2012, 08:59 PM

Seshmeister
09-01-2012, 09:06 PM
Well, I know even people in your own party were very disappointed when you didn’t close Gitmo. And I thought, well closing Gitmo — why close that, we spent so much money on it. But, I thought maybe as an excuse — what do you mean shut up?
(LAUGHTER)
OK, I thought maybe it was just because somebody had the stupid idea of trying terrorists in downtown New York City.
(APPLAUSE)
I’ve got to to hand it to you. I have to give credit where credit is due. You did finally overrule that finally.

I know he is just an old guy who made his money at dress up and pretend but I did kind of expect a bit better than that.

Stupid even by movie star standards, he makes Sean Penn look very clued up.

Nickdfresh
09-01-2012, 09:23 PM
What model of android is Mitt Romney? He's a very good replication...

ELVIS
09-01-2012, 10:33 PM
I know he is just an old guy who made his money at dress up and pretend but I did kind of expect a bit better than that.

Stupid even by movie star standards, he makes Sean Penn look very clued up.

How bout taking your fucking drunken blinders off and watch it for the comedy routine it is...

Fuck the left right agenda bullshit...

FORD
09-01-2012, 10:45 PM
What model of android is Mitt Romney? He's a very good replication...

He's a Nephite-6000 series, manufactured by Kolob Robotics Inc.

FORD
09-01-2012, 10:48 PM
How bout taking your fucking drunken blinders off and watch it for the comedy routine it is...

The absent minded ramblings of an 82 year old man clearly not in charge of his mental faculties is "left right agenda bullshit"?

Seriously, you never saw this in any hospital and/or nursing home you ever worked in???

jhale667
09-01-2012, 10:55 PM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/309099_520603387957214_865338544_n.jpg

So this is love
09-01-2012, 10:55 PM
So you guys are this intense all week long?day in day out all week long........ no break?

Angel
09-01-2012, 11:04 PM

I found nothing funny about that, it was very sad :(

jhale667
09-01-2012, 11:06 PM
I found nothing funny about that, it was very sad :(

It was more Jimmy Stewart than Clint Eastwood...

jhale667
09-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Hmm....

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/284435_342676099155192_1652490527_n.jpg

ELVIS
09-01-2012, 11:36 PM
The absent minded ramblings of an 82 year old man clearly not in charge of his mental faculties is "left right agenda bullshit"?

Seriously, you never saw this in any hospital and/or nursing home you ever worked in???

You're drunk...

ELVIS
09-01-2012, 11:38 PM

Meaning what exactly ??

And no googling it, taco boy...

FORD
09-01-2012, 11:47 PM
You're drunk...

Not yet I'm not..... but I'll get there :gulp:

Now answer the question.....

In your 20 year nursing career, did you ever see dementia, and if so, how can you not recognize it here?

ELVIS
09-02-2012, 12:11 AM
I know what dementia is and he did seem to get lost when exiting the stage, but his performance was just fine...

Angel
09-02-2012, 12:51 AM
I know what dementia is and he did seem to get lost when exiting the stage, but his performance was just fine...

No, his performance wasn't "just fine". He kept getting lost and was rambling...

Thank God you're not nursing anymore.

jhale667
09-02-2012, 12:58 AM
Meaning what exactly ??

And no googling it, taco boy...

Could you be any more of a pompous prick? Get a fucking job, loser.
Google "stammer" you dolt.

Blaze
09-02-2012, 04:19 AM
http://themostrequested.tv/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/republicans-for-obama-275x275-e1328914784886.jpg
republicansforobama.org (http://www.republicansforobama.org/)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3127/2755104125_6f6820b821.jpg

BITEYOASS
09-02-2012, 09:42 AM
I'm thinking that he deliberately sabotaged the convention because he was pissed off at how Ron Paul was being snubbed. Especially since Clint Eastwood is Libertarian.

ELVIS
09-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Maybe so...

ZahZoo
09-02-2012, 12:18 PM

There was a certain choppy delivery which shows a little bit of his age and nervousness... but in reality Clint wasn't too far out of his public speaking range. He's always come off sounding very different speaking publicly in non-scripted terms than his highly polished lines in a movie. I first really noticed this when I met him and spoke with him several minutes at his restaurant that owned in Carmel, Ca. years ago.

When I first saw his speech live... I kinda cringed. Clearly this wasn't the polished, tightly scripted convention speech we'd seen all week. Then when I realized he wasn't reading from a teleprompter and was pretty much just working without a net... my view shifted from shock to... hey this light, entertainment... a bit of campy comedic play from an entertainer not a political talking head. After watching a replay... it was entertaining and not all high-brow bullshit but a few simple common sense messages and a few digs at the president and his idiot side-kick VP.

Seshmeister
09-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Not yet I'm not..... but I'll get there :gulp:

In your 20 year nursing career, did you ever see dementia, and if so, how can you not recognize it here?

Every morning when he looked in the mirror to adjust his cap...

jhale667
09-02-2012, 12:33 PM
:lmao:

Hardrock69
09-02-2012, 07:08 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/clint-eastwood-gets-cut-romney-rnc-video-203935058--abc-news-politics.html

Clint Eastwood Gets Cut From Romney RNC Video
By Sarah Parnass | ABC OTUS News – 2 hrs 24 mins ago

A video mash-up of speakers from last week's Republican National Convention does not include an appearance from the " mystery RNC speaker," Clint Eastwood.

The two-and-a-half minute video posted today to the Romney campaign's YouTube account features former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, VP nominee Paul Ryan and of course, Romney himself, but it leaves out Eastwood's controversial speech.

Eastwood caused a stir at the convention and on Twitter with a rambling speech Thursday night, in which he interviewed an invisible President Obama in a wooden prop chair.

The speech launched a trend called " Eastwooding ," and prompted one supporter to tell Vice President Joe Biden , "You gotta keep the chair."

"You got that? The invisible chair," Bev Kalmer of Poland, Ohio said.

White House senior adviser David Plouffe called Eastwood "an American treasure," on ABC's " This Week " Sunday.

"We're all Clint Eastwood fans here in the Obama campaign," Plouffe said.

A Romney adviser said the presidential candidate found Eastwood's routine funny, but other Republicans worried it disrupted the flow of the final night at the national convention.

"I personally think Clint Eastwood was a mistake before he came out," former California Senate candidate Carly Fiorina said today on "Meet the Press."

Speaking on the same show, former presidential candidate Newt Gingrich called the performance "a distraction."

"I think in the long run it's almost irrelevant. But it's the sort of bump that gives everything something to tweet about, and it provides lots of fodder," Gingrich said. "On the other hand, if you're Mitt Romney and your choice is to have Saturday Night Live decide to pick on Clint Eastwood or pick on you, I think- I think I'd give them Clint Eastwood for every night for the rest of the campaign."

ELVIS
09-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Eastwood and Rubio were the only good parts of the whole thing...

It's a shame they're backing away from Dirty Harry...

jhale667
09-02-2012, 08:43 PM
The Wrongney campaign apparently didn't get the post-convention poll bounce they were hoping for either... Clint didn't help, that's for sure.

ELVIS
09-02-2012, 08:53 PM
It's the way they snubbed Ron Paul, not Eastwood's comedy routine...

FORD
09-02-2012, 09:56 PM
It's the way they snubbed Ron Paul, not Eastwood's comedy routine...

I wouldn't bet on that. Even if Ron Paul had been allowed to speak, it wouldn't have been broadcast anywhere other than CSPAN or PBS. He damn sure wouldn't have been included in the network 1 hour prime timeshow, and probably not even FAUX Noize, considering he's not their kind of right winger.

ELVIS
09-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Exactly my point...

If they would have warmed up to Paul, Romney would have had a significant bounce...

FORD
09-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Exactly my point...

If they would have warmed up to Paul, Romney would have had a significant bounce...

Or they would have said "...so remind me how we got stuck with this flaming Mormon bag of shit and his little Eddie Munster KKKoch whore sidekick again?" and Mittens numbers would have been even lower.

jhale667
09-03-2012, 02:52 PM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/253575_4032070632956_1516571434_n.jpg

Little Texan
09-16-2012, 08:20 PM