PDA

View Full Version : Gunman kills 2 workers before committing suicide at Old Bridge Pathmark

DLR Bridge
08-31-2012, 11:20 AM
Here we go again, this time, at my old supermarket. Damn, too bad Clint wasn't there to blow this punk away before an 18 year old girl who was cut down for no reason. He was too busy making a drunken ass of himself if Florida.

OLD BRIDGE — Three people are dead after an employee carrying two guns entered the Pathmark in Old Bridge and killed two workers before taking his own life this morning.

The apparently disgruntled worker entered the store around 4 a.m. and shot two people and then himself, Old Bridge mayor Owen Henry confirmed.

The gunman, an ex-Marine, had been working at the store for about two weeks, Henry said. The man, whom he did not identify, had been working at the store Thursday night but left and came back a short time later. He was armed with an AK-47 assault rifle and an automatic pistol.

"This is sickening," said Sarah Reese, 28, who lives in the London Terrace apartment complex next to the supermarket. Her husband is the superintendent of the complex and told her only one ex-Marine lives there.

"It's really sad," she added. I can't believe someone would do this that lives in the same place that I do."

Caroline Anders, another resident of London Terrace, said she learned that one of the victims is a 18-year-old woman who also lived in the complex and just started working at Pathmark.

"She has a heart of gold," said Anders of the woman. "She was just beginning her life. She always had a smile on her face and now some clown who is thrown away by society takes her life. Let's all just pray for all of them."

After the shooting police removed a number of Pathmark employees and brought them to chairs outside the nearby TGIF restaurant along Route 9 near the Sayreville border. Owen confirmed that several store windows were also shot out but it was uncertain how that happened.

"This is the worst phone call a mayor can receive," Henry said of the information he obtained about 6:30 a.m. "You can prepare for these things but you can't prevent them."

BigBadBrian
08-31-2012, 11:55 AM
Is this another lame attempt to deny people of their Second Amendment rights? Hmm? :gulp:

Nickdfresh
08-31-2012, 12:10 PM
Is this another lame attempt to deny people of their Second Amendment rights? Hmm? :gulp:

Is this another frigging psy-ops thread? :doh:

DLR Bridge
08-31-2012, 12:18 PM
Only when bad apples ruin it for the whole bunch over and over and over and over and over and over and over....

By the way, I'm not anti-gun. I'm against the notion that the entire country, including the unstable, can load up on assault weapons. Why is it a bad thing to want to fix something?