X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Led Zeppelin Soon to Announce '07 Concert on DVD

It's basically now the worst kept secret in rock, but it's great news.... The band has been giving not-so-subtle hints the last few days, and today's hint makes it crystal clear, as if we didn't realize it already....

Yesterday they posted this....

And today....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Betcha anything this is leading up to a DVD release of the O2 Arena show from London, England in 2007. This turkey has been rumored for release since early in 2010, so it appears that Page and company may finally have finished dicking with it via drastic post-production efforts to warrant it's exposure. Pardon me while I stifle a yawn...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!

I'll be 1st in line!!!

OH HELL YEAH!!!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

The whole show, mixed from cellphone vids....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VHscraps
          Veteran
          • Jul 2009

Thank you for the link to the whole thing, man. Just caught a bit of Trampled Underfoot. Damn good stuff. I don't usually watch these cellphone things, and it would never have occurred to me to even look, but I might just have to take the evening off and sit through it all.
          THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• chi-town324
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Feb 2007

great news!!

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

I never though Plant would allow it.

It'll sell by the bucketload regardless of its quality, however.
              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• VHscraps
                Veteran
                • Jul 2009

Hey, Ed better get on the case - they've got his stripes flying around on the big screen at around 30m 40s during a fackin' awesome version of 'For Your Life'
                THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Satan
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Took them 5 years to do the overdubs?

Hell, if they were that committed to getting it right, maybe I should have sent Bonzo up there so he could do a new set of drum tracks?
                  Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                  I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• VHscraps
                    Veteran
                    • Jul 2009

Don't need no overdubs, Satan - listen to the cellphone footage embedded in VA's post. Once they got into their stride, by the 3rd or 4th number, they were cooking.
                    THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jul 2010

Certainly was just a matter of time . That being said , I'll be snatching up a copy sooner than later .
                      Makes me wonder how many of Jimmy Pages notoriously bad live mistakes had to be " fixed " ? I'm not ragging on Jimmy Page in any way , shape , or form here . Overall , he is my favorite guitarist of all time , warts and all .
                      Everyone knows that Page could be stunningly brilliant and stunningly sloppy all in one fell swoop .
                      Live dates ? Hhhhmmm....and it makes me wonder.....

Comment

• Zing!
                        Veteran
                        • Oct 2011

I'll buy it.
                        My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• motherchicken
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Satan
                          Took them 5 years to do the overdubs?
                          The Song Remains The Same (the album) took three years to "edit". Page should have put a little more effort into the movie version.

Comment

• motherchicken
                            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Green Manalishi
                            Certainly was just a matter of time . That being said , I'll be snatching up a copy sooner than later .
                            Makes me wonder how many of Jimmy Pages notoriously bad live mistakes had to be " fixed " ? I'm not ragging on Jimmy Page in any way , shape , or form here . Overall , he is my favorite guitarist of all time , warts and all .
                            Everyone knows that Page could be stunningly brilliant and stunningly sloppy all in one fell swoop .
                            Live dates ? Hhhhmmm....and it makes me wonder.....
                            Sometimes it's not mistakes. Sometimes it's just a matter of it could sound better. I bought the updated "One More From The Road" a few years ago. It has several live versions of some songs recorded at several shows at the same venue. The little booklet inside told about one of the solos on "Freebird" that was overdubbed and how the original version was as good if not better than the final edit.

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jul 2010

I totally agree . I bought the re-released " One More From The Road " and ate it up booklet and all .
                              The late - great Allen Collins was so very brilliant and a notorious perfectionist .
                              I still have my original double vinyl of " One More.... " ( second copy ! ) complete with the album insert .
                              I wore out the first one and handled the second one with kid gloves .
                              Classic Skynyrd , Zeppelin , classic Van Halen - WE have great taste !
                              I wish Ted Nugents " Double Live Gonzo ! " would get a remastered ( plus goodies ) makeover .

Comment

Working...