X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carloscda
    Foot Soldier
    • Jan 2009

Another lunchtime VH story..

So it's time for WMMR's lunch blocks. Jump is first up, I say ok don't want to come out blazing right off the back. Then here's the piano opening to Right Now, WTH!! Ok this is going to be one of those mild blocks with probably DTNA or PW next? I turn the radio down just enough so I can hear the next song. Then in the distance the unmistakable opening of RWTD Hell Yea crank up and rock out for a bit!

Well that's the 3rd song and the blocks are usually only 3 songs. But then..... ALLLRRIIIGGGHHHTT....UNCHAINED!!! Radio is cranked up to 20 LOL and coworkers are looking at me like I'm crazy but I don't care this is the Mighty VAN HALEN!!!! And if things couldn't get better than that an old promo comes on with the original members THEN..Wait for it....D.O.MOTHER FFFNNN A!!!! I was good for the rest of the day! Ed just destroys the solo on that one!!

On a side note have you guys seen the promo for That Metal show with Mike & Sam? From the few secs it seemed as usual Sam was throwing the band under the bus!!
  • fraroc
    Commando
    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Carloscda
    On a side note have you guys seen the promo for That Metal show with Mike & Sam? From the few secs it seemed as usual Sam was throwing the band under the bus!!
    Of course, we ALL know that this is something Samantha would do.

Majority of youtube =
    How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Halen High
      Commando
      • Jul 2004

"On a side note have you guys seen the promo for That Metal show with Mike & Sam? From the few secs it seemed as usual Sam was throwing the band under the bus!!"

I suppose he has nothing else of interest to talk about. No one talks about his old stuff and his current band's last album and tour were a monumental flop.

Comment

• fourthcoming

The only thing worthwhile on that episode will be John 5 shredding as the guest guitarist.

Comment

• CreatureFrmTheC
          Groupie
          • Jul 2009

You guys are lucky you don't live in Sacramento. The radio stations here get regular blow jobs from Sammy so no ADKOT allowed to play on the air. He even showed up at one guy's 40th birthday party as a "surprise" so we got another round of Dogshit slamming Dave on the air. Also, SH is opening his restaurant today in Roseville, so the news stations will be covering it also. Sounds like a cable and CD day to me.

Comment

• hambon4lif
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Carloscda
            Does anyone honestly give a shit about anything that dickhead has to say?

Sam's primary motive was always 'making the charts' and 'making some money', which will NEVER compare to 'making history', and for the rest of his pathetic life, he has to deal with that. Being a small barking dog in the rearview mirror of a passing car. Hagar has nothing else to offer but sour grapes, and he's really no different than any other fucking loser in life.

At this point in the game, I'm surprised that anyone gives enough of a fuck to keep bringing his name up over and over and over, but I guess people will continue to do so even after someone points that out.

Comment

Working...