PDA

View Full Version : Ex-GOP Primary Hopeful John Huntsman Jr. Says Super-PAC's Suck

Nickdfresh
09-11-2012, 07:04 PM
"Super PAC's are destroying American democracy."

The Colbert Report Get More: Colbert Report Full Episodes,Political Humor & Satire Blog,Video Archive

The Colbert Report Get More: Colbert Report Full Episodes,Political Humor & Satire Blog,Video Archive

jhale667
09-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Ah, the nearly-extinct "reasonable republican". Never minded Huntsman.

FORD
09-11-2012, 09:48 PM
I might have actually voted for Huntsman..... well, at least in a Repuke primary, just to vote against the likes of Mittens or Man on Dog Santorum.

But he was long gone by the time of the Repuke primary here.

Nitro Express
09-12-2012, 03:57 AM
Ah, the nearly-extinct "reasonable republican". Never minded Huntsman. His dad owns a bunch of land just over the Teton range from here. He puts on this huge Celebrating America celebration around the 4th of July. They blow off massive amounts of fireworks. He also started the Huntsman Cancer Center in Salt Lake City. John Huntsman Sr. said his son got a bad rap from the Republican Party because he worked for Obama. It simply was a situation where the president needed someone with political experience who was fluent in Chinese. Huntsman was offered the job and he took it. For that simple fact, John had no chance of going anywhere in the Republican Party. But this is what we need on both sides of the isle. People who can open some doors and make some deals. Politics is the art of compromise. Now they can't even pass a budget and it's this last minute do something and lack of long-term vision that hurts the economy. You don't expand your business when you can't make a five year plan because you have no idea what your taxes are going to be year to year.

Nitro Express
09-12-2012, 04:19 AM
I might have actually voted for Huntsman..... well, at least in a Repuke primary, just to vote against the likes of Mittens or Man on Dog Santorum.

But he was long gone by the time of the Repuke primary here.

You have Ron Paul and Huntsman. The Republican Party shunned both of them because they stood for things that would end a lot of the gravy train for those who buy politicians. Then you have Mitt getting their full support. The thing is, Mitt in certain capacities is not that different than Huntsman out of his political element. My main question is Mitt playing the Republican establishment? The guy isn't stupid. You have to get elected but once he's in, is he going to turn things? You have Ron Paul and Hunstman that honestly point out some of the problems and they get stonewalled. You can't change a thing getting stonewalled. Is Mitt going to be the infiltrator? Or is he just going to be another puppet? Like I said, I worked under him during the olympics and I know people who know him on a personal and business level. From what I hear the guy is far from being a puppet. This is not the stuffed suit the press is trying to make him to be. Ron Paul tried it his way and it didn't work. Huntsman tried it his way and of course it didn't work. Mitt could win but then the question is then what? You never really know what you have until they get in office and that is the scary part.

One thing is for sure. Someone has to infiltrate the government and then start changing things for the better. We really do need a trojan horse on our side.