PDA

View Full Version : Republicans are finished

Hardrock69
09-14-2012, 11:23 PM
Seems I am not the only person who can see the glaringly obvious.

Ok Brie....get your hanky out. Time for the little baby to sob for Mommee......:baby:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/opinion/fl-sgduel-oped0914-20120914,0,7920623.story

Republicans are finished

Win, lose or draw in November, the Republican Party is over, finished, kaput. How do I know? Tampa tells me so — -and demographics.

At what should have been the culmination of four years of relentless plotting against President Obama, and in an election cycle that was its to lose, the GOP self-destructed, staging a convention that never got off the ground. It started and stopped and sputtered in between.

But it wasn't because of Tropical Storm Isaac. The rain or shine outside had nothing to do with the climate inside, where conditions were inclement at best. Fact is: hardly anyone really likes Mitt Romney, even people who say they do — and it showed. He's everybody's Cracker Jack box without a prize, the kid to whose birthday party no one wants to be invited to, even though his house has a swimming pool. He's the would-be head of the richest and most powerful nation on earth, from whom you wouldn't buy a vacuum cleaner without a money-back guarantee.

It appears the only way he could get anyone except his wife to speak on his behalf was to let them unofficially launch their 2016 campaigns for president — and barely mention him.

But that's not the worst of it. Pick an issue, any issue. The Elephant Party has become the Ostrich Party — burying its head in the sand, refusing to face reality and build bridges to millions of potential supporters. This year's convention was an apotheosis of all the mean-spirited attacks the tea party/Republicans have been waging against women, gays and lesbians, healthcare reform, China, Russia, undocumented immigrants, Iran, Iraq, Social Security, Medicare — without so much as a single, realistic, workable, compassionate solution to attract undecided voters. The GOP today is largely a party of rabid, old, white men in the unhappy dusk of their lives, railing against a nation in which they are no longer the dominant players. It is sad to watch — and sadder to be one of them. You can smell the mothballs of their memories and memorabilia (hats and banners resurrected for the convention), read the rage in their eyes.

And then, there was Romney's desperate pandering to thespians. Clint Eastwood lost every vestige of dignity and respect he might still have had by talking to an empty chair, undercutting what was supposed to have been Romney's shining moment. And inconceivably, Romney, ever the kid no one wanted to play with, actually made the executive decision to allow him to speak without vetting his remarks, just to show people he had a friend. But it backfired miserably. If Ronald Reagan vindicated the role of thespians in society, Eastwood set it back for at least a generation.

And finally, you could see it in every picture of the Tampa convention, especially contrasted with those from the Democrats: The undeniable truth is that the Republican Party is on the wrong side of demographics, which means it's on the wrong side of history. Tragically for our political system, which depends on a vigorous, healthy two-party system, it has chosen to assume the role of permanent obstructionist, ignoring the inevitable changes in population diversity that will eventually bury it.

So, in the end, the GOP will become the party of Romney, which no one will want to attend, no matter how enticing the swimming pool — if it isn't it already.

FORD
09-14-2012, 11:36 PM
That's the good news. The bad news is that the "Democratic" party is getting more goddamned right wing every day :(

We need a new party to fill the void. One that is NOT sucking the cocks of the felonious 1% :blow:

www.voterocky.org

Nitro Express
09-14-2012, 11:37 PM
I would say both parties are just about evenly matched. Don't forget the polls showed Carter ahead of Reagan after the Democratic Convention. Like all things, political parties morph and change. I would say both parties are dated in many ways. The progressives aren't as progressive as they claim to be. They seem lost in the 1960's actually.

To be honest, nobody knows what the future holds. If predicting the future was so easy more people would get rich off that knowledge.

Nitro Express
09-14-2012, 11:47 PM
That's the good news. The bad news is that the "Democratic" party is getting more goddamned right wing every day :(

We need a new party to fill the void. One that is NOT sucking the cocks of the felonious 1% :blow:

www.voterocky.org

It's really more the big money playing divide and conquer but more and more people are seeing it. The question is how do we stop it? More and more people are thinking the voting process is so rigged it's useless. The states themselves can call a constitutional convention and take control of the government that way. That might happen. Whoever wins this next election better start turning the ship for the better because time is quickly running out. Something will snap and when it does, it won't be pretty.

Nickdfresh
09-15-2012, 03:27 AM

What if the GOP gets more left wing?

FORD
09-15-2012, 03:43 AM
What if Hell gets a Hockey franchise?

One's about as likely as the other.

Hardrock69
09-15-2012, 06:11 AM
Lol. I pretty much agree with all of the above.

But the GOP is going to HAVE to become more moderate, or they will not have enough electoral votes to carry the election.

That is what is hurting them. The Tea Party foam-at-the-mouthers have been going so apeshit, trying to force Mittens into more of a fascist position.

If he does not stick with them, he will lose SOME of their votes. Many will vote for him, not because of who he is, but as a last-ditch effort to knock the black man out of office.

On the other side of the coin, if he sucks the Tea Party coch, the moderate republicans will not be quite so interested in voting for him.

So he is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Meanwhile, he is so vague on his plans for the presidency, the Republicans are starting to tear into his ass.

Sure, we need a third-party that has possibilities. But we need enough people to defect from the other two parties to make it a viable third option.

Not going to happen this election. May not happen the next. But yes, it is starting to look more and more like 2 sides of the Demopublican Republocrat party.

Nickdfresh
09-15-2012, 10:13 AM
What if Hell gets a Hockey franchise?

One's about as likely as the other.

I dunno, I think the hard right fascist ideologues are beginning to lose influence as they become increasingly unelectable, and the GOP becomes the Grand Ol' Party of Upper Class White Males...

BITEYOASS
09-15-2012, 11:33 AM
Well maybe nominating a robot wasn't a good idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX_uNXTnZNM

Redballjets88
09-15-2012, 03:13 PM
Repubs may be done this cycle. But give it 10 years when the part evolves to a more liberitarian stance and the dems are still whining about the next pet project.

Redballjets88
09-15-2012, 03:20 PM
Yeah fuck the white people with drive and ambition god that's why the country is going down the toilet...as if the black/Hispanic/Indian/middles eastern/Asian middle class don't do the same things. Once all of the leftists stop highlighting all of our differences the better we will be. I thought we taught our children to be color blind? See the difference between me and you is that you see I'm from The Great REPUBLIC of Texas and was taught that people are people and Americans are Americans. You were taught that in a way but then your lefty friends all told you that race is a huge issue and you decided to make this a core value. If everyone left race out we'd be ok. If people like Jesse Jackson would STFU about racism and realize that my generation gives not one fuck about skin color we'd be fine. I can't wait til your generation dies off and we don't worry about this bs anymore

FORD
09-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Repubs may be done this cycle. But give it 10 years when the part evolves to a more liberitarian stance and the dems are still whining about the next pet project.

The Libertarians already HAVE a party. Some of them just like the corporate financing of the Repukes.

Redballjets88
09-15-2012, 03:48 PM
True ford but the liberitarans are so easily put in a closet by the big parties thy they have wised up and are infiltrating the party that is more apt to their message. I'm telling you as a prediction as the "moral majority gets older/savvy to the fact that their pet projects will never change the will change. And by change I don't mean become more liberal in their stance but more staunch in their idea that maybe big fed shouldn't have a hand in personal issues. They have lost every big fight they have gotten into. So instead of changing ideals they just won't fight and we'll end up with the utopia of personal freedom and fiscal responsibility. The dems will always have something to whine about Repubs will eventually just not care to fight with them.

FORD
09-15-2012, 03:50 PM
Yeah fuck the white people with drive and ambition god that's why the country is going down the toilet...

I thought we taught our children to be color blind? See the difference between me and you is that you see I'm from The Great REPUBLIC of Texas and was taught that people are people and Americans are Americans.

If people like Jesse Jackson would STFU about racism and realize that my generation gives not one fuck about skin color we'd be fine.

Do you even see the disconnect here in your own statements?

And as far as the "Great Republic of Texas" goes, admittedly I haven't set foot in the state since 1978 myself, but given what I know about the idiots running the educational system, the brutal murder of James Byrd, the ethnicity of the majority of the people murdered by the state on the orders of Chimpy and pRick Perry, etc. I just have a hard time believing in this post-racist utopia you're talking about.

Yeah, maybe overall the younger generation is less hungup on bigotries like racism and homophobia than the old farts are, but as far as institutional bigotry, especially in Southern states, that's going to be a long long road

Redballjets88
09-15-2012, 03:50 PM
For example I had a great discussion with some very conservative friends about abortion this week...the have totally wiped their hands of it. Now they don't exactly like the act but they also don't thinks it's a womans right. They feel like of people are dumb enough to do it let then deal with the future of guilt and depression.

Redballjets88
09-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Sorry for three posts in a row but I've been posting from iPhone the past weeks and the typing is horrid

Redballjets88
09-15-2012, 03:57 PM
It's only a long road if you allow it to be. People outside of the state really don't understand how far and different we are than the other southern states. I would easily say that Texas is the least hard right red state. As a pundit on Fauxnews said recently Texas has become "pink". For example I went and saw Dennis Prager and Adam carolla this week and they didn't think anyone here had a COEXIST bumper sticker...that's what outisders believe...now I see them every day...not to mention Dallas has the 2nd highest gay population in American and I go to a university with some
Of the highest black and gay students in America. Perception is not reality....I would say where I live we aren't conservative or liberal as much as we a fiercely independent something that is in a Texans psychology since the 1840s and we don't like big gov. Some states see value in government not Texas...

FORD
09-15-2012, 04:04 PM
I thought the gays were in Austin and Houston? When did they move to Dallas?

Redballjets88
09-15-2012, 04:12 PM
Houston idk about Austin yes...but those in Austin graduate and move to Dallas...along with businesses across the nation that are tires of being raped in taxes

Redballjets88
09-15-2012, 04:13 PM
Tired*** goddamn iphone

hambon4lif
09-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Sorry for three posts in a row. You obviously haven't met Nitro.
When that dude gets on a roll, he can create a 28-page thread all by himself.:biggrin:

Redballjets88
09-15-2012, 05:06 PM
Really point is that the economy is most important. Let's get rich again then we can worry about al the bullshit people whine about...Obama won't get us rich again. His vagine has way too much sand in it

Hardrock69
09-15-2012, 05:06 PM
Do you even see the disconnect here in your own statements?

And as far as the "Great Republic of Texas" goes, admittedly I haven't set foot in the state since 1978 myself, but given what I know about the idiots running the educational system, the brutal murder of James Byrd, the ethnicity of the majority of the people murdered by the state on the orders of Chimpy and pRick Perry, etc. I just have a hard time believing in this post-racist utopia you're talking about.

Yeah, maybe overall the younger generation is less hungup on bigotries like racism and homophobia than the old farts are, but as far as institutional bigotry, especially in Southern states, that's going to be a long long road

Most definitely becaus it is going to be another 20-30 years before this generation is able to take control of the state government.

At present, all the old-fart racists still are running the show. And to a certain degree, the same could be said for the entire country.

Hardrock69
09-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Really point is that the economy is most important. Let's get rich again then we can worry about al the bullshit people whine about...Obama won't get us rich again. His vagine has way too much sand in it

And Mittens vag doesn't?

He is the one spending all his days whining about Obama without providing a single clue as to how he can do better....

Redballjets88
09-15-2012, 06:22 PM
The sad things is that theyre difference really arent to different. But at least Romney will SPEND less. But as long as our leaders are all signed up as keynesians we won't see much

ELVIS
09-15-2012, 08:29 PM
This is the worst left / right propaganda thread yet...

bueno bob
09-15-2012, 09:15 PM
Honestly, I could at least tolerate Republicans as long as they were a bit more centered. Problem is, the Tea Party fucked you guys but good...now you're like a bunch of rodents scurrying around with your tails cut off STILL trying to appease them with your focus on God, guns and morality. You kinda forgot the whole "moderation" part, and the only reason Mitt even got past the exploratory stage, let alone the nomination, was because he was the least offensive of the shitkickers up there. Certainly not the best or the brightest.

Therein lies your problem.

I'll give you this, Democrats haven't got anywhere near the right answers for all the questions, but they came to class a lot fucking better prepared than their classmates.

ELVIS
09-15-2012, 09:25 PM
That doesn't make any sense...

bueno bob
09-15-2012, 09:28 PM
That doesn't make any sense...

Google it.

ELVIS
09-15-2012, 09:45 PM
"It" is a 1986 horror novel by American author Stephen King. The story follows the exploits of seven children as they are terrorized by the eponymous being, which exploits the fears and phobias of its victims in order to disguise itself while hunting its prey. "It" primarily appears in the form of a clown in order to attract its preferred prey of young children. The novel is told through narratives alternating between two time periods, and is largely told in the third-person omniscient mode. It deals with themes which would eventually become King staples: the power of memory, childhood trauma, and the ugliness lurking behind a façade of traditional small-town values.

:elvis:

Redballjets88
09-15-2012, 09:49 PM
There is nothing to google all that was said was that you don't like tea party (which actually stands for fiscal responsibility) and added in a couple typical liberal stances (Repubs are racist) and said that dems did some home work. In reality libs are racist bc they cut minorities off by convincing them that no matter how hard they work they can never make it in our "rigged" system. Aka rhetoric for votes

Hardrock69
09-16-2012, 01:41 AM
.....and I go to a university with some Of the highest black and gay students in America. Perception is not reality.....

Uh, what kind of weed are they smoking? Can you get me some?

Hardrock69
09-16-2012, 01:46 AM
There is nothing to google all that was said was that you don't like tea party (which actually stands for fiscal responsibility) and added in a couple typical liberal stances (Repubs are racist) and said that dems did some home work. In reality libs are racist bc they cut minorities off by convincing them that no matter how hard they work they can never make it in our "rigged" system. Aka rhetoric for votes

No. In reality, even though the Tea Party has fiscal responsibility as a part of their platform, it HAS attracted many of the Fascists who ARE racists.

For you to claim many of them are NOT racist is not anywhere close to the truth.

And furthermore, it is definitely true that minorities DO have a harder time making it in our "rigged system". Again, for you to claim otherwise is a falsehood.

Sure, it is NOT IMPOSSIBLE for minorities to be successful in our country. But hell, even WOMEN have a more difficult time of it.

This nation, and the Christian religion (and therefore the Republican party) want nothing more than the dominance of White Anglo Saxon Christian Males in our society. And, because the current generation of young people are hell-bent on destroying their elitest/racist system, they are extremely frustrated.

So don't go on about how the Tea Party is some sort of wholesome, innocent, upstanding and moral political party.

Many of us here are too intelligent to believe such bullshit.

And I have said for the past 30 years, Texas, though a state, acts more like an independent nation.

If you are there, you see the same buildings, cities, streets, infrastructure as the rest of the US. But I have lived in Dallas and Houston. There is a vibe in that state that is different from all the other states in the US. Can't describe it any better than that.

Nitro Express
09-16-2012, 01:52 AM
I dunno, I think the hard right fascist ideologues are beginning to lose influence as they become increasingly unelectable, and the GOP becomes the Grand Ol' Party of Upper Class White Males...

I hate to break it to you but the upper class white males own the Democrat party as well. Even uber liberal Obama has carried on the neo-con agenda and gave Wall Street everything they wanted. This is why so many former Democrats like Ford accuse the party and even Obama as being Republican.

There is an old Chinese saying who cares if it's a white cat or a black cat as long as it catches mice. We have one agenda sold under two brand names with two separate marketing campaigns. If anything the party of FDR and Kennedy is dead as a doornail. I would say the evil side of the Republicans have hit a few home runs. They are getting everything they want.

Hardrock69
09-16-2012, 01:57 AM
Yes, but the Democratic Party at least appears to allow more opportunities for women and minorities.

It is the whole thing about playing 2 sides against the middle.

And no, the evil side of the Republicans are finding it much more difficult to get what they want, as the current generations of young people, as they grow up, are much less accepting of their WASP Male bullshit.

We do need a third party that has enough clout to be a threat to the Republicans and Democrats. But then, all the powers that be would have to do is infiltrate that party with third-column operatives who could corrupt the party from within.

Hardrock69
09-16-2012, 02:30 AM
I'll give you this, Democrats haven't got anywhere near the right answers for all the questions, but they came to class a lot fucking better prepared than their classmates.

IF the Republicans could at least field a fucking candidate who was worth a shit, perhaps they could do better in the elections.

They ignored the only decent candidate they had....Ron Paul, because he refused to be forced to wear the standard Republican-issue Christian straitjacket.

Nitro Express
09-16-2012, 03:00 AM
Yes, but the Democratic Party at least appears to allow more opportunities for women and minorities.

It is the whole thing about playing 2 sides against the middle.

And no, the evil side of the Republicans are finding it much more difficult to get what they want, as the current generations of young people, as they grow up, are much less accepting of their WASP Male bullshit.

We do need a third party that has enough clout to be a threat to the Republicans and Democrats. But then, all the powers that be would have to do is infiltrate that party with third-column operatives who could corrupt the party from within.

The special rights era has ended with Obama. That is so 60's and 70's. I went to Eastern Idaho State Fair last week and it was a big diversified mix of people. A ton of hispanics, quite a few native americas since the reservation is right next to the town the fair is in. More black people than you think. All in highly Mormon white ass Eastern Idaho. Everybody got along fine and had a good time eating greasy food and riding overpriced rides. The only people that seem to hold onto the illusion we aren't all getting along is politicians and the media. Fuck them and go out and take a look around. I was up in white ass Montana and went to a pizza joint. The people running the place were black and I went there because the place ran by Chinese was busy.

Apparently all these white Republicans that are supposed to be throwing a royal fit that blacks have moved to town don't seem to give a ratt's ass. In the 1980's and probably even in the 1990's a black person just would not have a chance at winning the presidency. Heck. A Mormon would have no shot at even getting the nomination. Once you have a black president then it's open to anyone. Now nobody is going to give a shit whether we have a woman president or a hispanic president. The truth is this country hasn't had a decent president in office since Kennedy. It's been downhill since then with putting men on the moon being the high water mark and of course it was Kennedy that set that goal.

It's interesting the Republican Party is still labeled the Leave it to Beaver party when if you look at who spoke at the convention were people who's family were Haitian immigrants and a black woman who grew up right in the middle of the most segregated city in the south during the civil rights movement. Hmmmm. Not exactly white bread. Of course this is never mentioned in the media. They seem to be more interested in an old actor talking to an empty chair which basically was Clint trying to be clever symbolizing a president who is never there and lacks substance.

The whole game has changed. Progressivism is no longer progressive. It was progressive when Nixon was in the white house but not now. The Democratic Party sounds like some old 1960's idealist stuck in the past.

All I hear from the Dems is how rotten the Republicans are. I want to hear a detailed, realistic plan on how they are going to fix our problems. Not a bunch of race baiting, insults, and class warfare and then a fake claim they are so much better which of course is delusional.

bueno bob
09-16-2012, 03:53 AM
IF the Republicans could at least field a fucking candidate who was worth a shit, perhaps they could do better in the elections.

They ignored the only decent candidate they had....Ron Paul, because he refused to be forced to wear the standard Republican-issue Christian straitjacket.

I'm not a big Libertarian fan, either, mostly because I don't approve of their economic policies. The whole "Republican with a Bong" thing fits in a lot of cases, but honestly, if they want to get any more attention, my first suggestion would be to get somebody up on the platform with a little more charisma than Mr. Grumpypants Ron Paul...he just comes across like a geezerly curmudgeon and that's why he can't be sold to the public at large.

But I'd say you're very much right as to that being a really good reason why he gets ignored, by and large.

Honestly, I'll say this - I do vote Democrat, but I do so only because they're slightly more sane as a whole than the Republican party anymore. You can shake it up six different ways, but the bottom line is that Teabagger extremists utterly hijacked the conservative party. To deny that, I think, is like denying the nose on your face. Frankly, though, I'd be a lot happier voting Democrat if the Democrats went as far to the left as the Republicans were forced by the Tea Party to go to the right. I was hoping Occupy would at least serve the purposes of doing that, but when you get the news media interviewing the WORST possible "I'm just here for the weed, man!" people for Occupy as being representative of the whole movement, it sort of depowers the whole thing, which was, let's face it, what everybody wanted.

That said, I know there were also some Tea Baggers who had good ideas and WEREN'T total fucking idiots. Occupy and the Tea Party did have some common ground in that. But while the Tea Party succeeded in scaring the piss out of the Republican party, who are still floundering around with these moralistic stances trying to appease them and getting as far right as they can, Occupy didn't scare the Democrats into getting as far left as they should be.

Nitro Express
09-16-2012, 04:17 AM
Let's face it. The mass majority of politicians have behaved so badly people just don't trust them. Look at them all. Do you see any real leaders? Do you see anyone you respect or look up to? This is the problem and this is why the country is out of control and corrupt.

The original Tea Party was a grass roots movement that just wanted to go back to constitutional law. You know, innocent until proven guilty, no unreasonable search and seizer, right to a fair trial of your peers ect...

What happens is the opposing party has too cook up some demons and so they focus on the most extreme and then embellish the extreme some more. The Tea Party become Tea Baggers and then they are instantly blamed when a Democrat politician gets shot. Then the right does the same thing with the neo Black Panther Party. Obama is orchestrating mob attacks on white people and the Black Panthers want to kill white babies and rape white women. That kind of shit.

With the nut job in Missouri running for US Senator saying a women can't get pregnant if she's raped because her body shuts down the Republican Party was all over the nut to drop out of the race. Of course this is out of fear of not winning the senate this election I heard so many Republican women say the guy was lost. But then the liberals are going to make it look the whole party is that way.

You aren't going to see the reality in the media. Just one extreme vs the other extreme. People just need to toss the television out the window, climb out of their little bubbles they live in and take a walk around. Much of the world is very different than what that biased box says it is.

One friend of mine joked and said this country is becoming more like an episode of Star Wars. We have an Obama and we have a Mitt that beat out a Newt. Jabba the Hut is financing the whole operation from Wall Street.

Hardrock69
09-16-2012, 07:29 AM
Yes, you are both right in some ways.

And as I always say, generalizations are just that.....but there are exceptions to every rule.

And.....saying the public needs to toss their TVs is a nice wish....but the masses won't do it. They will stay glued to their TV and will believe what they are told, or what gets presented, just like good little sheep.

Thing is, there are some things that are not media creations. When Romney makes speeches for 10 months....and fails to give specifics about what he is going to do to help our country, that IS a "reality". It is not some made up fictionalized media creation.

Perhaps the Democratic candidates talk about how bad the Republican candidates are, but rightly so.

All anyone hears the Republican candidates say is how bad the Democrats are. And that is ALL the Republican candidates say!

I want to hear a detailed, realistic plan on how they are going to fix our problems. Not a bunch of race baiting, insults, and class warfare and then a fake claim they are so much better which of course is delusional.

So do I. I want the Republicans to actually do this. Not because I give a rat's ass about their narrow-minded bullshit. But just to see if they can. Less than 2 months until the election, and what is Mittens going to do to help our country? He still is not saying. Shouldn't he have some definitive plans he can share with the world? Or is it some kind of "secret"?

Obama has already done a lot to TRY to help our country.....for better or worse, he DOES have a track record. Ask what he will do for the country, his ACTIONS can be pointed out as a starting point.......perhaps we CAN expect "more of the same".....but it is highly likely we can expect "more of the same" obstructionist Republican intent as well.....ignore ways to create jobs, ignore ways to improve the economy, ignore ways to regulate Wall Street (ha...like they would want to anyway), ignore actually doing any fucking thing to help our country, and instead focus all their heart and soul on "STOPPING OBAMA". For the past fucking four years, for the most part they have not done a goddamn thing except try to "STOP OBAMA".

Is the Republican party intent on helping American or hurting it? They sure do not seem to have any plans to lay out for helping us.........like I said in another thread....it makes one wonder if they are actually intent on winning....or is this some kind of bullshit farce...

That is yet ANOTHER "reality". Not some media creation. They have not been doing their jobs as members of Congress. Instead of trying to help their constituency, they have been playing politics in Congress.

There are some great ideas the Tea Party has that I agree with. Getting back to the original intent of our founding fathers is a noble goal....

But not all of their racist and extremist crap is a media creation either. The media may slant their reporting...or just commit the sin of omission....but there has been some straight news reporting about the extremists as well. Each party is only as good as it's most extreme idiot.

By the way, what is an "extremist Liberal Democrat"? Someone who goes out of their way to ACTUALLY try to help the poor? Someone who wants to save the environment? Someone who wants everyone to have good health care? Someone who does not want to tell people how they can live their personal lives or who the fuck they can marry?

Aren't those things that any RATIONAL HUMAN should strive to do? INCLUDING REPUBLICAN OFFICE-HOLDERS?

The Tea Party is a thorn in the side of the Republicans. They ARE more "right-centric" or "conservative" than the standard Republican voter. In a positive way, the Republicans can sort of distance themselves from the extremist Tea Party stuff. BUT...the negative aspect is that it steals votes FROM the Republicans and does not help Mittens in his campaign.

You could almost say we have 4 parties now. Dems, Repubs, Tea Party and Libertarians. The Tea Party has fractured the Republican party over the past few years, and made it even more unlikely Republicans will prevail. The problem is when you have under-educated morons running their mouths, and the opposing party picks up on mistakes like the Missouri fool, it is not helping anything either.

And don't think for a second that just because we have the first non-white president in history that now nobody is going to give a shit now or in the future. You cannot judge a presidential race on a Wyoming State fair. That is ridiculous. Y'all need tuh cum daown heah to the Souf.....and heah all the hillbillies who are violently angry that a ni**er is president.....

Some of the stuff I hear around here would have the Secret Service making arrests.......

Sure....it has sort of busted the door down....I say right now the next "minority" in line who has a valid chance at being president is Hillary. Sure....it would be nice to see Americans of Hispanic or Asian decent make it to the Oval Office someday.....at least the racists in this country would not be angry at Hillary being elected, as she is a "good Southern White Woman".....

The public won't trust politicians, but it is not always due to the politicians individually behaving badly.
They all make promises, but other politicians do their best to prevent them from keeping them.

The Republicans have tried to thwart Obama at every turn. The Democrats and the Republicans try to stop each other from doing anything. It is a miracle that any politician is able to keep any promises at all. I saw on ABC news the other week that in 2008 Obama made over 500 campaign promises...and was able to keep 37% of them.

It is no wonder the public distrusts politicians, as much as time as they spend fighting each other and not doing anything.

Almost makes one wish we had a king or something.

And if Paul Ryan were to take some lessons from Ron Paul, it might help him. Ron IS too old, and yes, he is seen as some old fart, even though his ideas are solid and his logic is in good shape.
The Republicans need a forward-thinking youngster with a brain. Obama is a forward-thinking person with a brain, so the Dems have their model in that department.

Like a football game....everyone wants to see two evenly matched teams...makes for a good game.
But with Mittens and Ryan supposedly being the best the Republicans can field.....you have to wonder....just like the 2008 campaign.

Ah well.

I am done pontificating on all this rubbish.

We ARE going to see what happens.

I have said all I can say about this election, and discussing it further is not going to matter a hill of beans one way or the other.

Best of luck to everyone.

BigBadBrian
09-16-2012, 07:35 AM
We have one agenda sold under two brand names with two separate marketing campaigns.

How true, for the most part. :thumb:

BigBadBrian
09-16-2012, 07:38 AM

The best Republican candidates didn't even enter the race this time. Why should they? They know the election is rigged for Obama, with the MSM being his cheerleader and Number 1 fan. :gulp:

BigBadBrian
09-16-2012, 07:41 AM
It's interesting the Republican Party is still labeled the Leave it to Beaver party when if you look at who spoke at the convention were people who's family were Haitian immigrants and a black woman who grew up right in the middle of the most segregated city in the south during the civil rights movement. Hmmmm. Not exactly white bread. Of course this is never mentioned in the media. They seem to be more interested in an old actor talking to an empty chair which basically was Clint trying to be clever symbolizing a president who is never there and lacks substance.

Well said. :gulp:

BigBadBrian
09-16-2012, 07:48 AM
With the nut job in Missouri running for US Senator saying a women can't get pregnant if she's raped because her body shuts down the Republican Party was all over the nut to drop out of the race. Of course this is out of fear of not winning the senate this election I heard so many Republican women say the guy was lost. But then the liberals are going to make it look the whole party is that way.

It simply amazes me how much the liberals I talk to believe in Obama's campaign commercials on TV. They take it as gospel when 90% of what is said is not true or downright lies. People are too lazy to go after economic, tax, jobs and other data themselves at the source...or even what certain political candidates believe or don't believe. Instead, they rely on these campaign commercial lies or possibly worse yet, the media. This goes for the other side of the fence as well.

BigBadBrian
09-16-2012, 07:57 AM
Yes, you are both right in some ways.

And as I always say, generalizations are just that.....but there are exceptions to every rule.

And.....saying the public needs to toss their TVs is a nice wish....but the masses won't do it. They will stay glued to their TV and will believe what they are told, or what gets presented, just like good little sheep.

Thing is, there are some things that are not media creations. When Romney makes speeches for 10 months....and fails to give specifics about what he is going to do to help our country, that IS a "reality". It is not some made up fictionalized media creation.

Perhaps the Democratic candidates talk about how bad the Republican candidates are, but rightly so.

All anyone hears the Republican candidates say is how bad the Democrats are. And that is ALL the Republican candidates say!

So do I. I want the Republicans to actually do this. Not because I give a rat's ass about their narrow-minded bullshit. But just to see if they can. Less than 2 months until the election, and what is Mittens going to do to help our country? He still is not saying. Shouldn't he have some definitive plans he can share with the world? Or is it some kind of "secret"?

Why don't you go to Romney's website and read the ISSUES (http://www.mittromney.com/issues)? For example for Taxes, he says:

MITT'S PLAN
Reducing and stabilizing federal spending is essential, but breathing life into the present anemic recovery will also require fixing the nation’s tax code to focus on jobs and growth. To repair the nation’s tax code, marginal rates must be brought down to stimulate entrepreneurship, job creation, and investment, while still raising the revenue needed to fund a smaller, smarter, simpler government. The principle of fairness must be preserved in federal tax and spending policy.

Individual Taxes

America’s individual tax code applies relatively high marginal tax rates on a narrow tax base. Those high rates discourage work and entrepreneurship, as well as savings and investment. With 54 percent of private sector workers employed outside of corporations, individual rates also define the incentives for job-creating businesses. Lower marginal tax rates secure for all Americans the economic gains from tax reform.

Make permanent, across-the-board 20 percent cut in marginal rates
Maintain current tax rates on interest, dividends, and capital gains
Eliminate taxes for taxpayers with AGI below $200,000 on interest, dividends, and capital gains
Eliminate the Death Tax
Repeal the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT)

Corporate Taxes

The U.S. economy’s 35 percent corporate tax rate is among the highest in the industrial world, reducing the ability of our nation’s businesses to compete in the global economy and to invest and create jobs at home. By limiting investment and growth, the high rate of corporate tax also hurts U.S. wages.

Cut the corporate rate to 25 percent
Strengthen and make permanent the R&D tax credit
Switch to a territorial tax system
Repeal the corporate Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT)"

Obama has already done a lot to TRY to help our country.....for better or worse, he DOES have a track record. Ask what he will do for the country, his ACTIONS can be pointed out as a starting point......

:lmao: :lmao:

Seshmeister
09-16-2012, 08:24 AM
For example I had a great discussion with some very conservative friends about abortion this week...the have totally wiped their hands of it. Now they don't exactly like the act but they also don't thinks it's a womans right. They feel like of people are dumb enough to do it let then deal with the future of guilt and depression.

Well congratulations for reaching where the rest of the civilized world got to 40 years ago.. :D

Seshmeister
09-16-2012, 08:29 AM
The best Republican candidates didn't even enter the race this time. Why should they? They know the election is rigged for Obama, with the MSM being his cheerleader and Number 1 fan. :gulp:

The best or the biggest?

http://seattle98.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/17.jpg

envy_me
09-16-2012, 09:25 AM
As always, I have to agree with Nitro and Sesh.

Nickdfresh
09-16-2012, 10:02 AM
I hate to break it to you but the upper class white males own the Democrat party as well. Even uber liberal Obama has carried on the neo-con agenda and gave Wall Street everything they wanted. This is why so many former Democrats like Ford accuse the party and even Obama as being Republican.

There is an old Chinese saying who cares if it's a white cat or a black cat as long as it catches mice. We have one agenda sold under two brand names with two separate marketing campaigns. If anything the party of FDR and Kennedy is dead as a doornail. I would say the evil side of the Republicans have hit a few home runs. They are getting everything they want.

The difference is that the Democratic Party is the moderate party of tolerance of minorities, gays, and oh yeah, women--whereas the GOP is perceived as largely anti all of the above with a platform that would transform womens' issues back the the 1950's. I know not all, perhaps not even a majority, of Republicans think this way. But until they tolerate a strong Rockefeller-wing that is influential they're fucked...

ZahZoo
09-16-2012, 11:50 AM
Obama has already done a lot to TRY to help our country.....for better or worse, he DOES have a track record. Ask what he will do for the country, his ACTIONS can be pointed out as a starting point.......perhaps we CAN expect "more of the same".....but it is highly likely we can expect "more of the same" obstructionist Republican intent as well.....ignore ways to create jobs, ignore ways to improve the economy, ignore ways to regulate Wall Street (ha...like they would want to anyway), ignore actually doing any fucking thing to help our country, and instead focus all their heart and soul on "STOPPING OBAMA". For the past fucking four years, for the most part they have not done a goddamn thing except try to "STOP OBAMA".

Is the Republican party intent on helping American or hurting it? They sure do not seem to have any plans to lay out for helping us.........like I said in another thread....it makes one wonder if they are actually intent on winning....or is this some kind of bullshit farce...

That is yet ANOTHER "reality". Not some media creation. They have not been doing their jobs as members of Congress. Instead of trying to help their constituency, they have been playing politics in Congress.

You made a lot of good, thoughtful points... but in my opinion this one runs as close to the bottom line as I see it.

The Republicans really fucked up and fucked America in general by taking this... oppose Obama at all costs and get him out of the White House in 2012... at all costs. Thankfully a few things got done the last 4 years despite this bullshit, but it was all overshadowed by this stubborn rhetoric that clearly has impeded any sense of progress within the US.

As someone who's leaned Republican most of my life... I can't say I'm in that camp anymore. I'm embarrassed and frankly disgusted with the total lack of caring for this country that this "opposition" became more important than the well being of the country. Toying with the utter collapse of the federal government and the US economy just to undermine the elected President is not the type of representation I want to see or hear of... ever again. I don't care about differences of opinion... we're all Americans. Frankly... there's a lot of high ranking Republicans that I believe should be out of office and the whole game for showing such poor choice in governing.

I've pondered the motivation that got us here... it clearly goes beyond traditional party politics and differences in agenda. I read and see the utter lies and bullshit coming out of the far right, christian conservative ranks... No matter how it's spun, polished and even intellectually presented... It keeps coming back with that old unspoken, under-currrent that smells and tastes of racism. While no one has the balls to say it publicly... or even admit it to themselves, no less, there's a lot of folks that just can't accept having a black man as President... and won't be happy or cooperative until he's out.

ELVIS
09-16-2012, 01:00 PM
Stubborn rhetoric is why Obama is a failure ??

dazzlindino
09-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Stubborn rhetoric is why Obama is a failure ??

you think it works for you.......

ELVIS
09-16-2012, 06:30 PM
Bedazzled douchebag says what ??

FORD
09-16-2012, 06:48 PM
The best Republican candidates didn't even enter the race this time.

And who might that be? (And for the love of Christ, don't say Jeb Bush)

Nitro Express
09-16-2012, 06:55 PM
Not too many good candidates anywhere. You had Dennis Kucinich on the left and Ron Paul on the right. Both parties will destroy a decent candidate that refuses to be bought off. That's the truth of it. Huntsman looked decent and then of you got Rocky Anderson who will be on our ballot. The problem isn't finding good candidates the problem is the Republican and Democrat parties who stonewall un-bought candidates.

Nitro Express
09-16-2012, 07:05 PM
The difference is that the Democratic Party is the moderate party of tolerance of minorities, gays, and oh yeah, women--whereas the GOP is perceived as largely anti all of the above with a platform that would transform womens' issues back the the 1950's. I know not all, perhaps not even a majority, of Republicans think this way. But until they tolerate a strong Rockefeller-wing that is influential they're fucked...

That's what is being sold by the Democrat party but it's no longer reality. Did you watch the Republican convention? There were minorities and women who have held powerful offices. It's no longer the Leave it to Beaver party. It has it's idiots but when that jackass in Missouri ran his mouth on abortion he caught shit from the party. It's changing. I think the mistake the left is making is it's the left stuck in the past. They don't seem to know who they are competing against very well anymore.

Hardrock69
09-16-2012, 07:21 PM
You made a lot of good, thoughtful points... but in my opinion this one runs as close to the bottom line as I see it.

The Republicans really fucked up and fucked America in general by taking this... oppose Obama at all costs and get him out of the White House in 2012... at all costs. Thankfully a few things got done the last 4 years despite this bullshit, but it was all overshadowed by this stubborn rhetoric that clearly has impeded any sense of progress within the US.

As someone who's leaned Republican most of my life... I can't say I'm in that camp anymore. I'm embarrassed and frankly disgusted with the total lack of caring for this country that this "opposition" became more important than the well being of the country. Toying with the utter collapse of the federal government and the US economy just to undermine the elected President is not the type of representation I want to see or hear of... ever again. I don't care about differences of opinion... we're all Americans. Frankly... there's a lot of high ranking Republicans that I believe should be out of office and the whole game for showing such poor choice in governing.

I've pondered the motivation that got us here... it clearly goes beyond traditional party politics and differences in agenda. I read and see the utter lies and bullshit coming out of the far right, christian conservative ranks... No matter how it's spun, polished and even intellectually presented... It keeps coming back with that old unspoken, under-currrent that smells and tastes of racism. While no one has the balls to say it publicly... or even admit it to themselves, no less, there's a lot of folks that just can't accept having a black man as President... and won't be happy or cooperative until he's out.

Zah, you said it very well.

Nitro Express
09-16-2012, 07:21 PM
The party that looks dated to me is the Democratic party. It's like they are still fighting Nixon still. It's like they still think women aren't welcome in the business world and blacks are still in the back of the bus. Then I see Obama running the exact campaign strategy he did four years ago. The problem is he's no longer the rock-star celebrity he was. Less and less people care about the guy. The Democrat party's biggest strength was knowing how to market using the mass media. They were very good at. The thing is that was four years ago all while the Republican party saw themselves as dated and so they started changing things. I think the Democrats are so overconfident and full of themselves they are failing to see their competition has changed and the tactics are different. The base is different. They still view America like it's the early 1970's and frankly seem to have no clue what the country really is like. The right wing is more diverse than they know. I just really think they are out to lunch.

Nickdfresh
09-16-2012, 07:24 PM
That's what is being sold by the Democrat party but it's no longer reality. Did you watch the Republican convention? There were minorities and women who have held powerful offices. It's no longer the Leave it to Beaver party. It has it's idiots but when that jackass in Missouri ran his mouth on abortion he caught shit from the party. It's changing. I think the mistake the left is making is it's the left stuck in the past. They don't seem to know who they are competing against very well anymore.

Whooptie fucking doo! The Republican anti-abortion platform essentially says that if a girl is raped by a relative, she must carry the child to term. They can try to muffle their idiots all they want, but the platform is essentially in agreement with that Missouri idiot. Also, it is the GOP that is the instigator of voter suppression under the guise of voter ID, and some openly admit this. Certainly not all Republicans are bigots by any means, but there were instances where a black woman was taunted by some asshole throwing peanuts or something while saying "this is how we feed the animals." And the gay soldier that was booed earlier this year at a GOP function? Yeah, they're the fucking party of inclusion all right. Oh, good luck with the Hispanic vote, ever...

FORD
09-16-2012, 07:29 PM
The party that looks dated to me is the Democratic party. It's like they are still fighting Nixon still.

Well, considering the BCE owned Nixon's entire political career, and they still are running the party (including Romney) then they pretty much ARE.

Nitro Express
09-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Obama's foreign policy is not that much different than the Bush foreign policy which has been an absolute disaster. Interesting enough the only thing Obama can really brag about is he got Osama Bin Laden. On the domestic side of things it's a disaster. Just more debt each citizen owes and little here to show for it. We need to bring our industry back. We need to stop the outsourcing. People need entry level jobs and a ladder to climb. Not unemployment insurance and food stamps. The only people who should be on welfare are people who can't work and have no family to help them. That's the damn truth of it.

Hardrock69
09-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Strange as it may seem, and despite the fact I am not into the fascist-Christian position the Republicans have taken for their platform in this race, I find it sad they cannot field a good candidate.

Brie, shut the fuck up. If they had any candidates who were better, one of them would have been nominated instead of Mittens.

The mistake the Retards, I mean the "Republicans" have made is that Mittens has several hundred million dollars, and he, along with the wealthy fascist billionaires club, have the mistaken opinion that if they can outspend Obama, they can elect Mittens.

Money is irrelevant. It does not change the idiocy of the Republican party. It does not nullify the fascist Christian principles that are the Republicans fatal flaw.

Yet their own wealth blinds them to this reality. They could spend trillions, and all it would do would be to alienate voters who would get tired of being bombarded with ads for an idiot Christian candidate with a stooge sidekick.

As I have said before, many times, I am interested in the person who is the best man for the job.

As for the Republican party, the best candidate is not the candidate who can scream the loudest that he is the most "Christian" or the most "patriotic", or the most "moral".

That is the second fatal flaw with their platform. They think the most Christian, patriotic and moral candidate will be the one who is "the best candidate for the office of POTUS", and that is not EVEN true.

They have not come up with someone who is superior to Obama in this election. If they could have, they would have.

But I do not expect you to understand this BigBadBrucie. You are exactly the sort of stooge the Republican party loves. Blind, obediant, subservient, unthinking, slavishly devoted, willing to sheepishly do whatever your Republican Masters command you to do.

:lmao:

I laugh at you. Silly boy. :lol:

Nitro Express
09-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Well, considering the BCE owned Nixon's entire political career, and they still are running the party (including Romney) then they pretty much ARE.

Isn't the BCE overall goal to ruin the US economy and position in the world so it can be better incorporated into a global government ran by a few oligarchs? To do this you need to cut the world up into several consolidated trade zones (North American Union) and have a handful of world currencies (The Euro, The Amero, ect...). You could see the Clinton/Bush push for NAFTA and Bush trying to build the super highway up to Canada. But Obama seems to fall into this as well. It's pretty clear he's a globalist and then of course the Bush buddy Bill Clinton is the new mascot of the Democrat Party. I would say the Dems are BCE now.

Nickdfresh
09-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Obama's foreign policy is not that much different than the Bush foreign policy which has been an absolute disaster.....

Except for the fact he got us OUT of Iraq and is winding down the Afghan War...

Nitro Express
09-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Strange as it may seem, and despite the fact I am not into the fascist-Christian position the Republicans have taken for their platform in this race, I find it sad they cannot field a good candidate.

Brie, shut the fuck up. If they had any candidates who were better, one of them would have been nominated instead of Mittens.

The mistake the Retards, I mean the "Republicans" have made is that Mittens has several hundred million dollars, and he, along with the wealthy fascist billionaires club, have the mistaken opinion that if they can outspend Obama, they can elect Mittens.

Money is irrelevant. It does not change the idiocy of the Republican party. It does not nullify the fascist Christian principles that are the Republicans fatal flaw.

Yet their own wealth blinds them to this reality. They could spend trillions, and all it would do would be to alienate voters who would get tired of being bombarded with ads for an idiot Christian candidate with a stooge sidekick.

As I have said before, many times, I am interested in the person who is the best man for the job.

As for the Republican party, the best candidate is not the candidate who can scream the loudest that he is the most "Christian" or the most "patriotic", or the most "moral".

That is the second fatal flaw with their platform. They think the most Christian, patriotic and moral candidate will be the one who is "the best candidate for the office of POTUS", and that is not EVEN true.

They have not come up with someone who is superior to Obama in this election. If they could have, they would have.

But I do not expect you to understand this BigBadBrucie. You are exactly the sort of stooge the Republican party loves. Blind, obediant, subservient, unthinking, slavishly devoted, willing to sheepishly do whatever your Republican Masters command you to do.

:lmao:

I laugh at you. Silly boy. :lol:

So another $5 Trillion of debt is the answer. You seem to be ok with the government micromanaging your life as long as it's not a so called right, wing religious nutcase doing it.

Nitro Express
09-16-2012, 07:44 PM

He could have done that four years ago. I guess he finally got on it since it's re-election time. I want to see what he bought with our $5 Trillion since you and me now owe $50,000 in debt each.

Seshmeister
09-16-2012, 08:25 PM

Less bad but not good.

ELVIS
09-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Obama's going to be remembered for ushering in the terrorism that comes with the arab spring he's so proud of...

FORD
09-16-2012, 08:45 PM
Obama's going to be remembered for ushering in the terrorism that comes with the arab spring he's so proud of...

And if Mittens is the next occupant of the White House (whether legally or not) he will be remembered as the asshole who started World War III.

Though who will be around to remember is another matter entirely, as most (if not all) of us will be dead.

Maybe we will all wake up on Kolob, freshly baptized in our holy underwear?

ELVIS
09-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Hmmm...

Seshmeister
09-16-2012, 08:53 PM

That implies that Obama is in control of the world.

He really isn't.

ELVIS
09-16-2012, 08:55 PM
No it doesn't...

Obama supports the arab spring...

Nitro Express
09-16-2012, 09:01 PM
We just have to remember the only people that can hold it together in the middle east are dictators. What you have to weigh in is does the thug of choice keep the whole area stable? The middle east is not ready for democracy because too many people there still act like children and children need a dictator. I mean democracy is nice but you have to have the right environment for it. It's still thugs fighting over the oasis and women over there I hate to say.

This is why we should just stop meddling there. There are no political solutions we can give the people over there. They have to fix it themselves. It's time for a president to issue the challenge to be 100% energy independent, bring the troops home, and focus on fixing the United States for once. I mean claim victory, come home and wish them well.

Nitro Express
09-16-2012, 09:05 PM
The arab spring was a nice illusion. A nice fairy tale and then reality stomped it to dust.

Nickdfresh
09-16-2012, 09:11 PM
Less bad but not good.

He inherited those two clusterfucks, not like he had a choice...

Again, like he had a choice. You were the one that voted for Bush and his Neocon hijinks of "democratizing the Middle East." It's funny how you think all the terrorism was some sort of CIA-conspiracy in one post, under the president you voted for, but when you can blame Obama it now comes from the unruly street mobs of Arabs. Of course, the terrorists actually came from the (mainly) Egyptian prisons run by the same sort of torture-cunts that Mubarak was, so this just goes to show what a moronic, self-nullifying troll doucher you are...

VHscraps
09-16-2012, 09:22 PM
The arab spring was a nice illusion. A nice fairy tale and then reality stomped it to dust.

I remember a BBC report from Tripoli after Gaddafi was chased out of town, and they were interviewing some of the people who were milling around the deposed leader's palace. They had every right to feel glad to be rid of a tyrant, but at the same time the fact of the succession - and what it was gonna be - was neatly overlooked in all the media coverage I ever saw. The mantra of 'liberal democracy' being a natural outcome of the Arab Spring was promulgated by Britain, France and the US - who were once the main supporters of Gaddafi, Mubrak, and all the other dictators, but now assuming the mantle of 'liberators'.

Little girls when interviewed on tV at Gaddafi's palace would say, 'when I grow up I want to be a doctor', and the TV news would imply that this was what was gonna happen as a result of the Arab Spring - free elections and a liberal democratic system would cure all.

Well, the sad fact was that in Gaddafi's Libya an 8-year old girl could have held onto that dream of being a doctor and it would have been possible, given the right circumstances, to become a doctor.

In post-Gaddaffi Libya? No fckn' chance, probably - with the ascendancy of various fundamentalist factions, women are as likely to get beaten back into the dark ages as they are to be 'liberated'.

These cunts are all liars, you know.

Seshmeister
09-16-2012, 09:32 PM
No it doesn't...

Obama supports the arab spring...

So do I but I'm not ushering fuck.

Seshmeister
09-16-2012, 09:35 PM
I remember a BBC report from Tripoli after Gaddafi was chased out of town, and they were interviewing some of the people who were milling around the deposed leader's palace. They had every right to feel glad to be rid of a tyrant, but at the same time the fact of the succession - and what it was gonna be - was neatly overlooked in all the media coverage I ever saw. The mantra of 'liberal democracy' being a natural outcome of the Arab Spring was promulgated by Britain, France and the US - who were once the main supporters of Gaddafi, Mubrak, and all the other dictators, but now assuming the mantle of 'liberators'.

Little girls when interviewed on tV at Gaddafi's palace would say, 'when I grow up I want to be a doctor', and the TV news would imply that this was what was gonna happen as a result of the Arab Spring - free elections and a liberal democratic system would cure all.

Well, the sad fact was that in Gaddafi's Libya an 8-year old girl could have held onto that dream of being a doctor and it would have been possible, given the right circumstances, to become a doctor.

In post-Gaddaffi Libya? No fckn' chance, probably - with the ascendancy of various fundamentalist factions, women are as likely to get beaten back into the dark ages as they are to be 'liberated'.

It's also kind of interesting that right up to the day he was killed BBC polls were saying Gadaffi had the support of about 30% of the population - ballpark of the winning Conservative vote at the last election here.

ELVIS
09-16-2012, 09:44 PM
Again, like he had a choice.

He had a choice in Libya...

VHscraps
09-16-2012, 09:45 PM
These double standards apply in my profession, too, my dear man - it is one where managers tell me that if my 'customers' give me a less than 70% approval rating, I will have to present myself to some bigwig and explain why this great failing has occurred and why I have caused it.

This at the same time that said customers - known by the name 'students' - are awarded degrees of the first class, often for achieving an average of about 68%.

bueno bob
09-16-2012, 10:03 PM
The party that looks dated to me is the Democratic party. It's like they are still fighting Nixon still. It's like they still think women aren't welcome in the business world and blacks are still in the back of the bus.

If you think all that's fictional and made up in our heads, I have a few women and black people I know that I could introduce you to. Along with a few legal immigrants I know of too. They'd have a wildly different version of their lives than you do, I think.

Then I see Obama running the exact campaign strategy he did four years ago. The problem is he's no longer the rock-star celebrity he was. Less and less people care about the guy.

Well, the numbers I read earlier this week kinda show a different story.

The thing is that was four years ago all while the Republican party saw themselves as dated and so they started changing things.

Like not inviting anybody who ran the country from 2000 to 2008 to their own convention and pretending they were a brand new party? I like to think that Americans on a whole have longer memories than that...

I think the Democrats are so overconfident and full of themselves they are failing to see their competition has changed and the tactics are different.

New tactics:

01. Say nothing specific;
02. Failing that, make up some random bullshit and inflate numbers in your favor - grotesquely;
03. Pretend you're "poor" and "common".

The base is different.

How so? I don't exactly see much different in 2012 than I did in 2000, 2004, or 2008, personally, other than the fact that education is considered elitism and moral issues are the primary cause for concern.

They still view America like it's the early 1970's and frankly seem to have no clue what the country really is like. The right wing is more diverse than they know. I just really think they are out to lunch.

And the Republicans still think it's 1984 and Reagan's in charge of making EVERYBODY rich...dude, please, Republicans are HARDLY the progressive party.

You want to see REAL progress? Let's get Kucinich and Weiner into the White House.

Nickdfresh
09-17-2012, 01:04 AM
He had a choice in Libya...

His choice was not to get too involved, it was the French, British and Italians that pushed things, and I think they were right to do so...

Nitro Express
09-17-2012, 01:12 AM
If you think all that's fictional and made up in our heads, I have a few women and black people I know that I could introduce you to. Along with a few legal immigrants I know of too. They'd have a wildly different version of their lives than you do, I think.

Well, the numbers I read earlier this week kinda show a different story.

Like not inviting anybody who ran the country from 2000 to 2008 to their own convention and pretending they were a brand new party? I like to think that Americans on a whole have longer memories than that...

New tactics:

02. Failing that, make up some random bullshit and inflate numbers in your favor - grotesquely;

How so? I don't exactly see much different in 2012 than I did in 2000, 2004, or 2008, personally, other than the fact that education is considered elitism and moral issues are the primary cause for concern.

And the Republicans still think it's 1984 and Reagan's in charge of making EVERYBODY rich...dude, please, Republicans are HARDLY the progressive party.

You want to see REAL progress? Let's get Kucinich and Weiner into the White House.

Some people have to much time on their hands. Yeah I would go for Kucinich but the Democrat party wants nothing to do with him. He's the lone voice in the wilderness on that side much like Ron Paul is on the Rep. side.

Nitro Express
09-17-2012, 01:16 AM

It's easy for us to sit behind our computers and say what's better for people. Like I said the middle east is ruled by dictators. Only a thug can hold it together. If I was a woman in Libya I would rather have Omar still running the show that what it is now. I think in the middle east the whole saying if it's not broke don't fix it applies. If it's running half-ass decent at the time leave it the hell alone. LOL!

But I blame all this mess on the Republicans. They had all three branches and the door was open. Time to cut the spending, time to cut the waste, time to make some long-term changes that would bring a real economy back instead of the speculative one we have now. What do they do. Invade Iraq on a lie because they had the excuse to do so. But then the Democrats blew it with Obama. They lost the House of Representatives because of their shenanigans so their door closed.

We no longer can play these games. If things don't change in the next two years, you are going to see a lot of people leave this country because it no longer provides any unique opportunities. People are already retiring out of here. It will just be a big broke, bloated paper tiger in decline. A has been. Time is running out quick. I think most the politicians are in such a sheltered bubble they don't get it. Bernanke can print more dollars and they think that will fix it.

Seshmeister
09-17-2012, 04:40 AM
These double standards apply in my profession, too, my dear man - it is one where managers tell me that if my 'customers' give me a less than 70% approval rating, I will have to present myself to some bigwig and explain why this great failing has occurred and why I have caused it.

This at the same time that said customers - known by the name 'students' - are awarded degrees of the first class, often for achieving an average of about 68%.

In my day a first class degree was a rare event that happened once every few years...

http://cdn.motinetwork.net/motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0912/customer-service-customer-service-is-part-of-target-marketin-demotivational-poster-1260471417.jpg

Seshmeister
09-17-2012, 04:45 AM
It's easy for us to sit behind our computers and say what's better for people. Like I said the middle east is ruled by dictators. Only a thug can hold it together. If I was a woman in Libya I would rather have Omar still running the show that what it is now. I think in the middle east the whole saying if it's not broke don't fix it applies. If it's running half-ass decent at the time leave it the hell alone. LOL!

It is broke and the West is being not passive by supporting these cunts, they wouldn't exist without us...

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwcgjBgAiMmRK07rUA3HP7Qrc_ckzdO xnnkVMOzE43pYapD_T5__NX88fVUQ

FORD
09-17-2012, 04:51 AM
it also doesn't help Republicans when their former candidates like Frothy Mixture openly admit that they are the party of the stupid......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n5oa55EsmI

Seshmeister
09-17-2012, 04:58 AM
Santorum makes Palin look like a fucking genius. :D

Pennsylvania voted this odious little prick in twice?

BigBadBrian
09-17-2012, 07:19 AM
Brie, shut the fuck up.

You're mistaken....you're not an Internet tough guy, you're a pussy. :thumb:

BigBadBrian
09-17-2012, 07:45 AM

Yes, we want Obama out of the WH. You still fail to realize any opposition to him is because the man doesn't have sound policies. Where is your outrage at the Senate Democrats, particularly Harry Reid, who have shelved, at last count, 22 jobs bills from the House? Why not debate them and whittle them down to a compromise? I'll tell you why: they don't want the Republicans to get credit for a bill/law that puts more people back to work. This country has lost over a half a million manufacturing jobs since Obama has been POTUS.

You don't agree with Republican policy so you claim that is "total lack of caring for this country ?" How convenient. And differences of opinion has always been in politics and always will.

Here we go again...that same old tired argument, racism. You guys need to try to come up with a new argument. Was black and Hispanic opposition to Bush racism also? Must have been. Do you think Republican opposition to Obama wouldn't be as bad if he were full white? The answer is no. Do you think Republicans would embrace Alan Keyes, JC Watts, or Allen West if they were on the ticket? The answer is yes. If Hillary were the POTUS do you think the opposition to her would be any less than that toward Obama? The answer is no. Zahzoo, I've always had respect for your posts (still do) even if I haven't always agreed with them. I'm a little embarrassed for you that you seem to have to mention racism. Democrats and their sympathizers, for the life of them, can't understand why Republicans can't support Obama and his platform so they constantly claim it's racism. If Hillary were POTUS I imagine you guys would claim it was Misogyny, right?

BigBadBrian
09-17-2012, 07:48 AM

The Iraq war was winding down when Barry took office. We'll see about Afghanistan, particularly since both al-Qaeda and the Taliban have been extremely accurate as of late.

BigBadBrian
09-17-2012, 07:59 AM
New tactics:

This also known as The Obama Doctrine.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/3x9-inch-Nobama-FORWARD-Off-Cliff-Bumper-Sticker-decal-anti-obama-republican-/00/s/NjAwWDgwMA==/$(KGrHqVHJC8E-mvD26FbBPp)FWnkG!~~60_3.JPG

Nickdfresh
09-17-2012, 09:46 AM
The Iraq war was winding down when Barry took office. We'll see about Afghanistan, particularly since both al-Qaeda and the Taliban have been extremely accurate as of late.

Having peak troop strength in country is hardly "winding down."...

jhale667
09-17-2012, 10:34 AM
it also doesn't help Republicans when their former candidates like Frothy Mixture openly admit that they are the party of the stupid......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n5oa55EsmI

Frothy speaks the truth. All they'll ever be able to attract are ignorant, unintelligent, uniformed idiots. Y'know, like BlandBitchBrie and Eldouchevis... :biggrin:

ELVIS
09-17-2012, 11:23 AM
His choice was not to get too involved, it was the French, British and Italians that pushed things, and I think they were right to do so...

Based on what, humanitarian issues ??

BigBadBrian
09-17-2012, 01:22 PM
Frothy speaks the truth. All they'll ever be able to attract are ignorant, unintelligent, uniformed idiots. Y'know, like BlandBitchBrie and Eldouchevis...

You wouldn't know sarcasm if it came up and kicked you in the ass, yet I know you know what an ass-kicking is firsthand. :fighting0056: :wow2:

ELVIS
09-17-2012, 01:25 PM
No he doesn't, he's retarded...

BigBadBrian
09-17-2012, 01:29 PM
...he's retarded...

That much is obvious to everyone. :gulp:

Seshmeister
09-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Based on what, humanitarian issues ??

It was well known for a long time now that Gaddafi was actually insane and quite murderous.

Blair getting into bed with him in recent years was particularly distasteful...

http://timesonline.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451586c69e2014e8b3fee6b970d-800wi

ELVIS
09-17-2012, 01:40 PM
Well, it all sounds like propaganda to me...

FORD
09-17-2012, 01:49 PM
Here we go again...that same old tired argument, racism. You guys need to try to come up with a new argument. Was black and Hispanic opposition to Bush racism also? Must have been. Do you think Republican opposition to Obama wouldn't be as bad if he were full white? The answer is no. Do you think Republicans would embrace Alan Keyes, JC Watts, or Allen West if they were on the ticket? The answer is yes.

Would that be the same Alan Keyes who was arrested when he tried to enter the Repukelican convention in 2000? And while admittedly I don't keep a close watch on "retired" right wing politicians, I don't think JC Watts has played much of a role in the party since he left Congress. As for Allen West, he's just completely batshit crazy. Yeah, so is Keyes, but West takes it to a whole new level. He's possibly crazier than Michelle Bachmann, or even Steve King.

BTW Brie.... why did the Repukes turn on Michael Steele following the supposed "historic" victory in the 2010 congressional races?

Nitro Express
09-17-2012, 01:59 PM
It was well known for a long time now that Gaddafi was actually insane and quite murderous.

Blair getting into bed with him in recent years was particularly distasteful...

http://timesonline.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451586c69e2014e8b3fee6b970d-800wi

From the photo it looks like they really did get into bed with each other.

Nitro Express
09-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Santorum makes Palin look like a fucking genius. :D

Pennsylvania voted this odious little prick in twice?

Sarah is smarter. She has made $15 million since she was nominated as McCain's running mate. She marketed her image well. Even her dolt daughter gets huge speaking fees. She's milked the stupid and gullable public quite nicely.

ZahZoo
09-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Yes, we want Obama out of the WH. You still fail to realize any opposition to him is because the man doesn't have sound policies. Where is your outrage at the Senate Democrats, particularly Harry Reid, who have shelved, at last count, 22 jobs bills from the House? Why not debate them and whittle them down to a compromise? I'll tell you why: they don't want the Republicans to get credit for a bill/law that puts more people back to work. This country has lost over a half a million manufacturing jobs since Obama has been POTUS.

You don't agree with Republican policy so you claim that is "total lack of caring for this country ?" How convenient. And differences of opinion has always been in politics and always will.

Here we go again...that same old tired argument, racism. You guys need to try to come up with a new argument. Was black and Hispanic opposition to Bush racism also? Must have been. Do you think Republican opposition to Obama wouldn't be as bad if he were full white? The answer is no. Do you think Republicans would embrace Alan Keyes, JC Watts, or Allen West if they were on the ticket? The answer is yes. If Hillary were the POTUS do you think the opposition to her would be any less than that toward Obama? The answer is no. Zahzoo, I've always had respect for your posts (still do) even if I haven't always agreed with them. I'm a little embarrassed for you that you seem to have to mention racism. Democrats and their sympathizers, for the life of them, can't understand why Republicans can't support Obama and his platform so they constantly claim it's racism. If Hillary were POTUS I imagine you guys would claim it was Misogyny, right?

To your first point... laws don't create jobs with the exception of Federal programs and the sub-industries that support them... like defense and weapons manufacturing and the IRS and tax/accounting industry. But back to reality... the failure of the economy was caused by a convergence of two long term trends that finally reached a tipping point in 2008. The risk laden financial game intersected with the long term jobs erosion and the combined to create a catastrophic collapse that still hasn't recovered and won't for a long time until more drastic changes occur.

Laws didn't cause this... some blame federal regulation or deregulation. But frankly Wall street, financial sectors and corporate executives drove this by their behaviors and greed to make money short term and support stock values. I view them all like NASCAR crew chiefs who find the grey area to work to get the most performance... some call it cheating and to a degree there's "illegal" elements at play and still are today. Unfortunately the greed clouded their long term vision and they didn't see themselves driving their own eventual collapse.

On racism... I believe I've seen just about every flavor out there. Both blatant public displays and dark subversive ways people display hatred. Growing up in California I saw it with Hispanics and Asians... living in Texas more Hispanic and blacks... then living in the south certain small towns still are split by the tracks and segregated like it was still the 1940's. But the worst I saw and experienced was the 2 and half years I spent living in Iowa in the recent times... I see the very same subversive behaviors being displayed toward our president... both in congress and in public sentiment outside of Washington... the worst of it all coming from people I know personally that are far on the right conservative, christian NRA types... They don't even try to mask it in some of the political spam they send me...

There's no way you can't say racism isn't influencing behaviors towards our president and his administration. Either you can't recognize it or don't know what it looks and feels like.

Nitro Express
09-17-2012, 02:18 PM
I really don't see much racism here or hear anything derogatory. We do have a large hispanic population actually because we are a resort town and they are the landscapers, kitchen staff, and housekeepers. The place I saw the most racism was living in Syracuse, New York. Blacks from the south moved in to get on New York's welfare system. The older white people hated them and called them all sorts of names. Usually where there is a lot of racism there is a reason. Usually an economy in decline and people need a scape goat. Syracuse was a former industrial city losing everything when I was there. Bristol Meyers was moving out, Fischer Auto Body closed down, Carrier was moving out. The politics was corrupt. What was once a grand city was in decline badly. The thing is the black people were just taking advantage of a system some corrupt probably white guys put together in Albany.

As far as Obama goes, people bitch about him just like they bitched about Bush Jr. Mostly frustration that the bankers haven't been brought to justice and there is a double standard in Washington and it's bleeding the rest of us dry.

jhale667
09-17-2012, 02:29 PM
You wouldn't know sarcasm if it came up and kicked you in the ass, yet I know you know what an ass-kicking is firsthand. :fighting0056: :wow2:

Yeah, from handing a few out to idiots like you. And you're the one who is sarcasm (and mentally)-challenged. Now go check the fries, loser....you're burning them.

Hardrock69
09-17-2012, 08:24 PM
So another $5 Trillion of debt is the answer. You seem to be ok with the government micromanaging your life as long as it's not a so called right, wing religious nutcase doing it.

It was the answer for all the people that voted for Bush, wasn't it?

Obama is not solely to blame for an additional 6 trillion in national debt. He governed for much of the first nine months of his administration under the last budget of the Bush administration.

Bush's original budget proposal predicted a $407 billion deficit for 2009, but the final figure was $1.4 trillion, according to White House figures.

For the 2011 fiscal year, the second full budget of Obama's term, the federal government spent about $3.6 trillion, according to the White House budget office. That's about $600 million more than in 2008, the last full year under the Bush administration.

But the budget gap has another element....tax revenues have dropped during the 2007-2009 recession and remain lower than before. In the 2007 budget year, which ended shortly before the recession began, the federal government brought in nearly $2.6 trillion; that number fell to $2.1 trillion in 2009 and is projected to total $2.4 trillion by the time this budget year ends in September.

So while budget shortfalls have added $6 trillion to the national debt since January 2009, some of that spending was already in the pipeline, and some of it is the result of the economic slump that has cut into tax receipts.

So yes, I am fine with this situation because McCain could not have done any better, and most likely (as an idiot) would have done much worse.

And no, I am no ok with the government micro-managing my life. I would hope you are not ok with it either.

And you are correct in one thing. NO, I do not want live in a Christian Fascist State. The government has no business basing itself on a religion. Iran is doing that, and it is not a pretty picture.

If you want to live in a fascist state with a religion-based government, then move to Iran.

One religion is as good as the next when it comes to mixing it with a totalitarian regime.

Hardrock69
09-17-2012, 08:26 PM
That implies that Obama is in control of the world.

He really isn't.

He is not even in control of the US.

Hardrock69
09-17-2012, 08:28 PM
You're mistaken....you're not an Internet tough guy, you're a pussy. :thumb:

I never claimed to be. But I can tell you to shut the fuck up whenever I please. Especially when you continue on with your mindless, 2nd-grade rambling about politics and religion, which you clearly know nothing about.

Hardrock69
09-17-2012, 08:31 PM
BTW Brie.... why did the Repukes turn on Michael Steele following the supposed "historic" victory in the 2010 congressional races?

Ha...and you expect him to be able to answer this? (I know it is rhetorical, but still....he is incapable of even figuring out a valid answer.) :hee:

Hardrock69
09-17-2012, 08:32 PM
As far as Obama goes, people bitch about him just like they bitched about Bush Jr. Mostly frustration that the bankers haven't been brought to justice and there is a double standard in Washington and it's bleeding the rest of us dry.

I do agree with the fact the bankers have not been brought to justice. At least Chimpy went after corrupt bankers quite seriously. But nobody was bitching about an idiot white guy being president. :hee:

78/84 guy
09-17-2012, 08:56 PM
WAKE THE FUCK UP PEOPLE !!!! We are ALL finished if both these parties stay in power much longer. It's a fucking fact !! Open your eyes !

FORD
09-17-2012, 09:08 PM
WAKE THE FUCK UP PEOPLE !!!! We are ALL finished if both these parties stay in power much longer. It's a fucking fact !! Open your eyes !

www.voterocky.org

Redballjets88
09-17-2012, 10:30 PM
If everyone simply preached what they practiced everyone would vote conservative....bc its simple and easy to say to others "work hard and responsible for yourself" but liberals don't believ what they teach their children. /liberals believe in the American dream for themselves but don't for people they deem as unequal to themselves...who are the racists again?

FORD
09-17-2012, 10:41 PM
If everyone simply preached what they practiced everyone would vote conservative....bc its simple and easy to say to others "work hard and responsible for yourself" but liberals don't believ what they teach their children. /liberals believe in the American dream for themselves but don't for people they deem as unequal to themselves...who are the racists again?

And which fucked up Texas Board of "Education" approved textbook did you get that crock of horseshit from?

Redballjets88
09-17-2012, 10:57 PM
What that hardwork leads to a good life? That's common sense. Do you teach your children not to care and that if al else fails get some food stamps? Just sayin when your party brainwashes Americans into believing that our system is rigged it leads to apathy. Or would you be proud of your kids if they lived on the dole?

FORD
09-17-2012, 11:10 PM
My party hasn't brainwashed anybody. This country might actually be better off if they had though.

Will you support the formation of a new party that will commit to:

Economic Justice:

Implement major domestic green jobs and infrastructure programs
Re-establish and make viable workers’ right to organize
Create a fair, democratic, and transparent financial sector that serves the needs of start-ups, small business and consumers
End incentives for U.S. companies to send jobs overseas
Enact a financial transaction tax that will curb reckless speculation and provide revenue for job creation, job training and education
End the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy
Compassionate and rational immigration reform
End to subsidies for oil and gas companies
Free education through four years of college or equivalent as a right
Protect public investments by opposing and reversing the privatization of public assets

Environmental Justice:

Enforce employee and environmental safeguards in trade agreements
Ban the Canada-to-Mexico tar sands pipeline and mountain top removal
Enhance air and water quality protections by strengthening the EPA
Take aggressive action and leadership on the climate crisis and the environment

Social and Civic Justice:

Affordable universal health care through Improved Medicare for All
An end to the wars; reduce the military budget and redirect money to domestic economy
Marriage equality
End race and gender discrimination
Treat substance abuse within a public health framework rather than as a criminal matter
Repeal the PATRIOT Act
Abolish corporate personhood and implement campaign finance reform to end the corrupting influence of money in politics
Prosecute the illegal conduct that led to the economic melt-down

That's what my party (http://www.justicepartyusa.net/) supports.

ELVIS
09-18-2012, 12:34 AM
The FORD party ??

FORD
09-18-2012, 12:44 AM
The Justice Party. (http://www.justicepartyusa.net/)

Hardrock69
09-18-2012, 02:38 AM
Heh...the Ford party. :hee:

Though I agree with everything on the list.

Hardrock69
09-18-2012, 02:40 AM
And which fucked up Texas Board of "Education" approved textbook did you get that crock of horseshit from?

:lol:

Hardrock69
09-18-2012, 03:03 AM
We no longer can play these games. If things don't change in the next two years, you are going to see a lot of people leave this country because it no longer provides any unique opportunities. People are already retiring out of here. It will just be a big broke, bloated paper tiger in decline. A has been. Time is running out quick. I think most the politicians are in such a sheltered bubble they don't get it. Bernanke can print more dollars and they think that will fix it.

40 billion fucking dollars a month? For an open-ended period of time?

Is the asshole trying to ruin our economy?

I mean, look at the inflation in WWII Germany....you could bring a wheelbarrow full of Deutch Marks to the store to buy a loaf of moldy bread...

Bernanke dumping 40 billion dollars a month for an indeterminate period of time is not going to help inflation at all....

And as for retiring out of the country....I was thinking about that just this afternoon.....more and more people are becoming expats in Mexico, The Caribbean, and other places where they can live like kings on the 1500 bucks a month they get from Social Security.......made me wonder how the fuck I am going to make it in this country when I get to retirement age.....IF there is such a thing as Social Security....

Part of my line of thinking had to do with the NW....I want to go live there while I am still young enough to enjoy it, but like a lot of the other Left Coast states....it can cost an arm and a leg to live there.....

So I just have to keep dreaming I suppose...

ELVIS
09-18-2012, 09:01 AM
I thought it was 85 billion..

ZahZoo
09-18-2012, 09:31 AM
Heh...the Ford party. :hee:

Though I agree with everything on the list.

I agree with the list... But I'm still Chevy guy...

Hardrock69
09-18-2012, 08:30 PM
I thought it was 85 billion..

Nope. ABC News said it was 40 billion a month, with no limitation as to how long Bernanke can continue to do it.

Look, if they can fucking print up 40 billion a month with no repurcussions, why the fuck don't they just do so and give $100,000 each to every one who pays federal income tax!

It would bail out the housing industry as everyone could buy a home or pay off the one they have, it would probably allow 99% of all taxpayers to pay off all their debts and start spending like no tomorrow. The people would go apeshit and start spending like crazy, buying shit at stores everywhere, causing a huge demand for products, which would have a trickle-down effect of causing factories everywhere to go on a massive hiring spree to meet the demand.

And a lot of people would use the capital to invest in small business startups which would increase hiring, and would also increase tax revenue to the Federal government.

There are about 138 million taxpayers in the US. Give each one $100,000, and it adds up to only 13.8 trillion dollars. 2.2 trillion dollars LESS than what the Fed gave to banks and corporations around the world to bail them out of the recession.

Christ, if the Fed has that much cash laying around, give it to the fucking people of America!

And then, it would not actually cost 13.8 trillion dollars, as the government would get about 10-15% of it back in income taxes for that year! And with all the fucking spending going on, sales tax revenue would go through the fucking sky....people buying homes would be paying property taxes.....So you would actually be looking at about 12.42 trillion in overall initial outlay, followed by a massive increase in local and state tax revenue!

ZahZoo
09-19-2012, 10:35 AM
Nope. ABC News said it was 40 billion a month, with no limitation as to how long Bernanke can continue to do it.

Look, if they can fucking print up 40 billion a month with no repurcussions, why the fuck don't they just do so and give $100,000 each to every one who pays federal income tax!

It would bail out the housing industry as everyone could buy a home or pay off the one they have, it would probably allow 99% of all taxpayers to pay off all their debts and start spending like no tomorrow. The people would go apeshit and start spending like crazy, buying shit at stores everywhere, causing a huge demand for products, which would have a trickle-down effect of causing factories everywhere to go on a massive hiring spree to meet the demand.

Wonderful, dreamy idea... one little caveat that would most likely lead to a major collapse of the current banking systems. Which would be a good thing in my opinion!! But would require a huge amount of "common sense" on the consumer side...

But if it played as you implied... if 99% of all taxpayers paid off all their debt... you'd see banks falling like like rain in a thunderstorm due to lack of revenue back log. Sure they'd have a one time bump from all that principal going into their coffers... but then they'd also lose majority of their long term profit streams immediately and projected losses would amount to hundreds of trillions. Still not a bad thing... unless you are a banker.

Banks would probably love this if they could guarantee consumers would continue to be dumb asses and finance everything in their lives to sustain debt slavery to the banks. But if even 80% of the recipients of this tax payer bailout were to turn that nasty taste of debt into common sense and not reenter the debt market... Banks would have to turn to something completely different product models to compete for our money... or die.

I vote death... and let them come to my house and fill out an application to have me approve a loan of my money to them. A good old fashioned turning of the tables.

Could be done without a bailout by the way... just involves common sense and breaking out of the debt model.

Hardrock69
09-19-2012, 04:32 PM
True. But then, those who are debt slaves would pay off their credit cards, but still keep using them. Old habits die hard. And, those who wanted to invest their money, would go to their banks to seek investment advice, and of course the banks have a lot of products to offer for investment purposes.

Sure they would lose some of their income. But it would only be temporary, and then things would eventually slide back to normal. And the advertising industry would see a huge spike in revenue as the banks upped their efforts to attract customers to those products that generate revenue.

How long would it take people to spend $100,000? A year, tops, for most?

ZahZoo
09-20-2012, 01:18 PM
$100,000... forget a year, most people can blow through that amount in a day or so... a week tops.

It would take me about a half hour or less... pay off the car & boat loans. Then adjust my bank draft to redirect those payments against my mortgage. Without any help I'm on track to being debt free in less than 3.5 years already.

Nitro Express
09-20-2012, 01:34 PM
$100,000... forget a year, most people can blow through that amount in a day or so... a week tops.

It would take me about a half hour or less... pay off the car & boat loans. Then adjust my bank draft to redirect those payments against my mortgage. Without any help I'm on track to being debt free in less than 3.5 years already.

That really is the hard lesson and the key. We need to be debt free because debt just makes you someone's slave. One reason college tuition has skyrocketed is everyone is borrowing money to pay it. Adjust those prices to what people can afford in cash and tuition would come way down in price. Too much borrowing actually causes a type of price inflation because more money is available to spend. If we pay cash as a society everything goes down in price and once it's paid for it's paid for. You own it right out and that's a good feeling.

Nitro Express
09-20-2012, 01:49 PM
40 billion fucking dollars a month? For an open-ended period of time?

Is the asshole trying to ruin our economy?

I mean, look at the inflation in WWII Germany....you could bring a wheelbarrow full of Deutch Marks to the store to buy a loaf of moldy bread...

Bernanke dumping 40 billion dollars a month for an indeterminate period of time is not going to help inflation at all....

And as for retiring out of the country....I was thinking about that just this afternoon.....more and more people are becoming expats in Mexico, The Caribbean, and other places where they can live like kings on the 1500 bucks a month they get from Social Security.......made me wonder how the fuck I am going to make it in this country when I get to retirement age.....IF there is such a thing as Social Security....

Part of my line of thinking had to do with the NW....I want to go live there while I am still young enough to enjoy it, but like a lot of the other Left Coast states....it can cost an arm and a leg to live there.....

So I just have to keep dreaming I suppose...

The western financial system is collapsing. Then look at the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, & South Africa). They are doing fine. Brazil is doing great right now and it's people from Brazil buying Miami real estate now, not people from the US. Why? They have better banking practices. I go over to Singapore and things are booming. I come back here and the airports are like a third world country with the TSA ready to harass you. Our airlines suck. It doesn't have to stay this way. We still can turn the ship but we have to get going. We need to start investigating these central banks in the western world because that's the head of corruption. We can wrtie a lot of this debt off because we owe it to these big ponzi scheme banks. The US Dollar is a ponzi scheme.

At least Romney is talking about a Federal Reserve audit and backing the dollar partially with silver and removing Bernake. Obama will let the printing presses go wild and he will spend another $5 trillion.

Nitro Express
09-20-2012, 02:02 PM
But I'm seriously looking at moving out of the country. My sister has and never regretted it. If things continue my kids have no future here and it's going to become almost impossible to run a business here. If things don't change I wouldn't be surprised to see Texas leave the union and states are already forming militias organized under the governor. We haven't been at this stage since before the civil war and now we are back to it. Europe is back to being where it was before World War II. I mean these banking practices have turned the western world into a powder keg ready to go off.

It was run away lending that turned a stable post Soviet world into what it is now. The banks have caused this mess and don't think they wouldn't love another big war as a distraction and then of course they will fund everybody to fight it and make even more money.

I was thinking why does Iran want a nuclear weapon? Well, the US and NATO only attack non-nuclear powers. If you have the bomb, people think twice about attacking you. If it was me, I would want it too. Nukes are fabulous defensive weapons. Japan was the first and last country to get nuked. Why? At that time the US was the only country that had them. I wonder how many more countries we would have nuked if Russia didn't get the bomb? I'm convinced World War III would have already happened again without it.

DONNIEP
09-20-2012, 02:08 PM
If things don't change I wouldn't be surprised to see Texas leave the union and states are already forming militias organized under the governor.

If that happens I'm moving to Texas...

FORD
09-20-2012, 02:13 PM

You really want to live in a place where this imbecile is in charge?

http://bossip.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/rick-perry-eats-a-corndog-e1325253636491.jpg

private parts
09-20-2012, 02:18 PM
Texas has one of if not the best economies in the country. They would do well to become their own nation.
Doesn't matter if a shmuck runs the place.

DONNIEP
09-20-2012, 02:18 PM

http://bossip.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/rick-perry-eats-a-corndog-e1325253636491.jpg

Nah, but the thought of succession from the Union is very appealing to the redneck side of me :)

Nitro Express
09-20-2012, 02:20 PM

Hey wasn't he behind home plate at Wrigley's Field? :biggrin:

Nitro Express
09-20-2012, 02:25 PM

My father in law is a Texan and he flat out told us if Texas leaves the union he's moving back there. The thing that is pushing towards that more than anything is the federal government not doing it's job defending the border. People joke but I wouldn't be surprised to see another term of Obama be the catalyst that makes it happen. I know a lot of people who used to live in California move to Texas due to the unfriendly business attitude in Cali.

ZahZoo
09-20-2012, 04:22 PM
Texas has one of if not the best economies in the country. They would do well to become their own nation.
Doesn't matter if a shmuck runs the place.

It is a very well run state despite who's in the governors office... I lived there 14 years. It's amazing they manage the whole government and maintain their infrastructure with no personal income tax. Plus their property taxes are lower than many states. If Texas succeeded I'd probably go back.

DONNIEP
09-20-2012, 04:26 PM
It is a very well run state despite who's in the governors office... I lived there 14 years. It's amazing they manage the whole government and maintain their infrastructure with no personal income tax. Plus their property taxes are lower than many states. If Texas succeeded I'd probably go back.

I think most people would be surprised how many people in the South would be for succession...

private parts
09-20-2012, 04:37 PM

Same with Tennessee. No income tax and third best credit rating in the country behind South Dakota and Iowa.

http://online.barrons.com/article/SB50001424053111904881404577603301566976464.html#a rticleTabs_article%3D1

FORD
09-20-2012, 06:37 PM
I think most people would be surprised how many people in the South would be for succession...

Maybe they should all move to Florida to make it easier? (see the Bugs Bunny cartoon in Chefcraig's signature)

We would allow the sane Floridians to move north, of course. You can keep the Batista fan club and the "World Church Of The Creator" wackjobs though.

Nickdfresh
09-20-2012, 11:51 PM

Why? They get back more in federal pork than they pay in taxes?

Dr. Love
09-21-2012, 12:23 AM
Why? They get back more in federal pork than they pay in taxes?

In Texas it's something like 85 cents for every dollar we pay in taxes, so we pay more than we get.

Secession is always a popular idea in Texas ... probably always will be. And yes, we don't pay income taxes and generally do very well economically. A lot of companies move here, and a lot of people come move here to get work.

Nitro Express
09-21-2012, 03:10 AM
You can always get a job in Houston. The only people who can't get a job in Houston are the ones too lazy to work and want to game the system.

Nitro Express
09-21-2012, 03:11 AM

What amazed me is how pretty the women are in Texas. There are some real hotties down there.

Va Beach VH Fan
09-21-2012, 08:29 AM
What amazed me is how pretty the women are in Texas. There are some real hotties down there.

Absolutely, spent a few days in Dallas in '00, including a Skins/Cowboys game.... Holy hell, beautiful women everywhere....

Dr. Love
09-21-2012, 09:39 AM
Absolutely, spent a few days in Dallas in '00, including a Skins/Cowboys game.... Holy hell, beautiful women everywhere....

Dallas is a very superficial town. It's all about what car you drive, what your girl looks like, what your job title is, how big your house is.

A lot of people spend themselves into serious debt for the sake off appearances.

ZahZoo
09-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Yep... Dallas is all about appearances. Austin is the anti-Dallas it's all about your freaky angle...

Indeed beautiful women abound in the Lone Star state. That's where I met my wife and all my kids were born there. I've earned every grey hair on my head having 3 beautiful daughters and keeping boys in check around them!!

private parts
09-21-2012, 10:41 AM

It's a known fact that the South has the hottest women!

jhale667
09-21-2012, 11:29 AM
Yep... Dallas is all about appearances.

One of my best friends has lived in Dallas for close to a decade now and says pretty much the same thing... he also says the stupid is strong there...

It's a known fact that the South has the hottest women!

It's also a known fact that the majority of them migrate to Los Angeles... :baaa:

Nitro Express
09-21-2012, 12:41 PM
Dallas is a very superficial town. It's all about what car you drive, what your girl looks like, what your job title is, how big your house is.

A lot of people spend themselves into serious debt for the sake off appearances.

It sounds like California to me.:biggrin:

private parts
09-21-2012, 01:23 PM
One of my best friends has lived in Dallas for close to a decade now and says pretty much the same thing... he also says the stupid is strong there...

It's also a known fact that the majority of them migrate to Los Angeles... :baaa:

Agreed. Then they return after their porn careers are over.:boom:

ELVIS
09-21-2012, 01:24 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41e7Xx5089L._SX500_.jpg

:biggrin:

Dr. Love
09-21-2012, 02:32 PM
It sounds like California to me.:biggrin:

Texas has a lot of immigrants from California and not just the illegal variety.

Hardrock69
09-21-2012, 02:43 PM

That is the rule of law in LA.

Nickdfresh
09-21-2012, 08:20 PM
In Texas it's something like 85 cents for every dollar we pay in taxes, so we pay more than we get.

Secession is always a popular idea in Texas ... probably always will be. And yes, we don't pay income taxes and generally do very well economically. A lot of companies move here, and a lot of people come move here to get work.

Hell, over 40% of you Obama-lovin' good for nothins' don't even pay any federal taxes! Secede my ass! :)

jhale667
09-22-2012, 09:30 PM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/75680_10151248361206081_2071996773__zps9b66521b.jp g