PDA

View Full Version : What do YOU believe "Al Qaeda" is?

FORD
09-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Do you believe everything the corporate media tells you about this alleged world wide terrorist franchise? Do you believe parts of the story? Or none of it at all?

Redballjets88
09-15-2012, 04:41 PM
I believe that it doesn't matter what it is and until we elect true leadership that is within the best interest of self sufficient Americans we will have them as a problem

Redballjets88
09-15-2012, 04:43 PM
Oh didn't see the poll...I'll go third party ...created by Vince McMahon

FORD
09-15-2012, 04:47 PM
Oh didn't see the poll...I'll go third party ...created by Vince McMahon

Nah, Vince sucks at building franchises. Remember the XFL?? :biggrin:

Redballjets88
09-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Sucks at building football franchises...sorry but he is a fucking genius...who else could take a fake sport and make it into a billion dollar business?

hambon4lif
09-15-2012, 05:04 PM
Do you believe everything the corporate media tells you about this alleged world wide terrorist franchise? Do you believe parts of the story? Or none of it at all?Al-Qaeda is about as 'real' as a good Sammy Hagar album. Neither one of them exist.:thumb:

FORD
09-15-2012, 05:06 PM
Sucks at building football franchises...sorry but he is a fucking genius...who else could take a fake sport and make it into a billion dollar business?

Well, he inherited the fake sport from his dad and his grandpa. But I'll give him credit for marketing and creating some memorable characters. So as far as inheritance brat Republicans from Connecticut go, he deserves more credit than Chimpy, at least.

Which brings us back on topic......

Hardrock69
09-15-2012, 05:09 PM
If it did not exist as a terrist organization, it would be necessary for the CIA/BCE to create one.

Nickdfresh
09-15-2012, 08:21 PM
Yeah, because violent extremists don't exist unless the CIA makes them.... :)

This documentary, The Power of Nightmares (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?24239-Must-See-Documentary-Now-Available-Online) that Sesh once posted is probably the closest thing to the truth. It was one of the most successful international documentaries ever made and yet has never been shown in the U.S....

twonabomber
09-15-2012, 08:24 PM
Al Qaeda is a bunch of smelly Muslims sitting around in a cave with their dicks in one hand and a bottle of rancid goat milk in the other.

ELVIS
09-15-2012, 08:31 PM
I believe that it doesn't matter what it is

Doesn't matter what it is ??

Out rights as Americans are being sold down the river based on a bullshit Al Oaeda threat !!

hideyoursheep
09-15-2012, 08:41 PM
A Mujahideen spin-off that got pissed at infidels defending Arabs from Iraq and never left after the Gulf War, led by one very wealthy Usama Bin Laden.

ELVIS
09-15-2012, 08:44 PM
That's funny...

Bin Laden said he had no involvement in 9/11

hideyoursheep
09-15-2012, 08:47 PM
That's funny...

Suddenly, Bin Laden's word is gospel...:rolleyes:

He admitted to the WTC bombing in 93, yet denied 9/11..hell of a coincidence, i suppose..

bueno bob
09-15-2012, 09:10 PM
As 9-11 was about striking at the heart of American capitalism & greed, and since the AQ found themselves very disenfranchised by the U.S. governments actions after the Russians bolted, and based on his past history of terrorist activities, I'd certainly venture to say that OBL was most definitely a key player in 9-11. That said, who and what the AQ is depends on who you ask...one persons terrorist is another persons freedom fighter.

The American medias image of what the AQ is today definitely doesn't represent what it probably is, but it does make for a real good boogeyman to get people worked up about.

ashstralia
09-16-2012, 12:09 AM
The Indonesia based Jemaah Islamiyah is a far greater threat to us down here, by virtue of it's lack of organization. They like blowing up evil western tourists. But only if you travel to that third world shithole.

Doesn't 'al Qaeda' literally mean 'the base'?

Nickdfresh
09-16-2012, 12:58 AM
That's funny...

You keep repeating this bullshit, but he did in fact state he was involved in 9/11...and his initial "denial" was at best a smarmy, sarcastic one at that...

Nickdfresh
09-16-2012, 01:01 AM
The Indonesia based Jemaah Islamiyah is a far greater threat to us down here, by virtue of it's lack of organization. They like blowing up evil western tourists. But only if you travel to that third world shithole.

Doesn't 'al Qaeda' literally mean 'the base'?

I think so. There is speculation as to whether Osama ever referred to his organization as "the base" or to whether Federal prosecutors in NY did so in order to prosecute al Qaida under the anti-organized crime Rico Statute in the 1990's during the "Blind Sheik" trial after the first attack on the WTC...

Nickdfresh
09-16-2012, 01:02 AM
Doesn't matter what it is ??

Out rights as Americans are being sold down the river based on a bullshit Al Oaeda threat !!

Good thing you finally gave a fuck the minute Bush left office and we had a black President. Before that you were a cheerleader for our rights being taken away...

DONNIEP
09-16-2012, 01:07 AM
So there really aren't any terrorists? Well I'm glad that's settled.

FORD
09-16-2012, 01:18 AM
So there really aren't any terrorists? Well I'm glad that's settled.

Real terrorists are focused on local issues. Usually because they have no political power by any other means.

All this "Al Qaeda in Iraq" or "Al Qaeda in Yemen" or any of these franchise groups are complete bullshit. What you have there are locals who want occupiers out of their country.

You could say the same thing about the Irish Republican Army, going back a few years. The only reason they didn't get labeled "Al Qaeda of Ireland" is because the only thick black liquid that's common in that country is Guinness :gulp:

Nickdfresh
09-16-2012, 01:28 AM
Real terrorists are focused on local issues. Usually because they have no political power by any other means.

All this "Al Qaeda in Iraq" or "Al Qaeda in Yemen" or any of these franchise groups are complete bullshit. What you have there are locals who want occupiers out of their country.

You could say the same thing about the Irish Republican Army, going back a few years. The only reason they didn't get labeled "Al Qaeda of Ireland" is because the only thick black liquid that's common in that country is Guinness :gulp:

That's sorta bullshit Ford, because the PIRA basically renounced terror after the attacks of 9/11...

FORD
09-16-2012, 01:35 AM
Well, you'll notice I did say "going back a few years". I know things are better in Ireland now than they were back when Bono wrote Sunday Bloody Sunday.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huMbZaLvZeE

DONNIEP
09-16-2012, 01:44 AM
So there is no terrorist threat to, let's say, the US Navy. And the people involved in force protection and counterterrorism are all idiots? I only ask because I know a few people who are intimately involved in trying to protect the fleet and none of them are dipshits.

FORD
09-16-2012, 02:13 AM
So there is no terrorist threat to, let's say, the US Navy. And the people involved in force protection and counterterrorism are all idiots? I only ask because I know a few people who are intimately involved in trying to protect the fleet and none of them are dipshits.

Well, there might very well be local terrorists who want occupying forces out of their country. But they aren't part of any fictional multi-national terrorist corporation called "Al Qaeda".

DONNIEP
09-16-2012, 02:34 AM
My dad will be thrilled to know there is no Al Qaeda. He can finally sleep well at night :)

Nitro Express
09-16-2012, 03:22 AM
I think it would help if we would stop sending countries who support terrorists billions of dollars and spend the money here state side. Also try and get a visa as an American to visit Suadi Arabia. Maybe just maybe if you have connections or have a work permit they will let you in the country. We let them in here no problem. I'm sick of the double standard and I'm sick of politicians saying give us the money and by the way, we can toss you in jail forever and with no trial if we even suspect you as being a terrorist but these Saudis can come right in no problem. This country has gone mad. It's a fucking looney bin.

DONNIEP
09-16-2012, 06:42 AM
I think it would help if we would stop sending countries who support terrorists billions of dollars and spend the money here state side. Also try and get a visa as an American to visit Suadi Arabia. Maybe just maybe if you have connections or have a work permit they will let you in the country. We let them in here no problem. I'm sick of the double standard and I'm sick of politicians saying give us the money and by the way, we can toss you in jail forever and with no trial if we even suspect you as being a terrorist but these Saudis can come right in no problem. This country has gone mad. It's a fucking looney bin.

I totally agree with you. Fuck Saudi Arabia. Those sons of bitches are gonna be the death of us..

ELVIS
09-16-2012, 07:02 AM
My dad will be thrilled to know there is no Al Qaeda. He can finally sleep well at night :)

It's Al CIAda, and that should keep him up at night...

Seshmeister
09-16-2012, 07:10 AM
That's funny...

This is silly.

Firstly who says he can't lie but more importantly he only denied it initially just before his hosts in Afghanistan were about to be bombed to kingdom come.

BigBadBrian
09-16-2012, 07:27 AM
You keep repeating this bullshit, but he did in fact state he was involved in 9/11...and his initial "denial" was at best a smarmy, sarcastic one at that...

True. Elvis is just on his "the government is the boogeyman" kick. :gulp:

binnie
09-16-2012, 07:36 AM
It is a name applied to a host of extremist/terrorist groups with some semblance of relationship networks between them. The problem is that it makes that network seem more coherent/hierarchical/instituional than it actually is - that is largely because we are applying Western categories to nations/peoples who do not organise their societies in comparable ways.

Some people suggest that makes the threat appear more significant than it actually is; I suggest otherwise - dealing with one, clearly demarcated enemy is easier than a hydra-like nebulus.

Nickdfresh
09-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Well, you'll notice I did say "going back a few years". I know things are better in Ireland now than they were back when Bono wrote Sunday Bloody Sunday.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huMbZaLvZeE

Yeah, that little debacle was probably the beginning of the end of PIRA terror tactics as before they IRA could genuinely state they didn't target civilians. The bombing of a Remembrance Day ceremony honoring men who had fought Hitler didn't go over real well, even in pro-Republican circles in the US. It wasn't a hit in the Irish Republic which had a substantial part of its male population serve in WWII also in the British armed forces...

BigBadBrian
11-17-2012, 06:56 AM
FORD, do you still think 9/11 was a work by our own govt, or that they let it happen on purpose? Do you think al-Qaeda (or al-Qaida...however you wish to spell it) is a made up "boogey man?" Was Osama bin Laden real or was he just a CIA lackey (not during the Russian/Afghan war), but from 1993 onwards?

Really, I want to know what you think. That goes for anyone else. Elvis? Sesh? You've both expressed doubt that AQ really exists.

Nick? Va Beach VA Fan?

Seshmeister
11-17-2012, 07:40 AM
It's an ideology made up of cells of Islamist extremists not a organization.

Dick Cheney lied spectacularly on TV saying that Bin Laden was a James Bond villain living in a massive cave complex like the volcano in 'You Only Live Twice'.

When the US copies the Israeli policy of murdering individuals they don't like(and any innocent people who happen to be nearby) then they often killing them for their views and what they preach not because they hold formal positions like 'Al Queda Human Resources Director, East Afghanistan Division'.

A war on terror is a ridiculous notion, just like a war on any human emotion would be.

How about a 'War on disappointment' or a 'War on sadness'?

At least Obama hasn't used that language so much although he is extremely keen on executing people in Afghanistan based on the same intelligence that brought you the war in Iraq or the Benghazi fuck up.

Killing people for hating you doesn't make a lot of sense, it's like hitting a wasps nest with a stick because one stung you.

ELVIS
11-17-2012, 07:48 AM
Exactly right...

We need to leave them alone in their 17th century and mind our own business...

Va Beach VH Fan
11-17-2012, 09:57 AM
I don't think any of it was made up....

To their "credit", it was a nearly flawlessly executed and very detailed plan, in their own demented minds.....

ELVIS
11-17-2012, 10:05 AM
I don't think any of it was made up....

Of course you don't, you were in the military...

It would be too frightening to think such a thing...

Well, explain how they brought Bin Laden back to life so they could kill him again, if none of it was made up...

:biggrin:

Nickdfresh
11-17-2012, 10:35 AM

Well, explain how they brought Bin Laden back to life so they could kill him again, if none of it was made up...

And of course that military experience would give a heavy dose of reality and perspective enough to know that radio jackoffs like InfoWhores are all full of ignorant shit for the ignorant shitheaded...

Nickdfresh
11-17-2012, 10:40 AM
It's an ideology made up of cells of Islamist extremists not a organization.

Dick Cheney lied spectacularly on TV saying that Bin Laden was a James Bond villain living in a massive cave complex like the volcano in 'You Only Live Twice'.

When the US copies the Israeli policy of murdering individuals they don't like(and any innocent people who happen to be nearby) then they often killing them for their views and what they preach not because they hold formal positions like 'Al Queda Human Resources Director, East Afghanistan Division'.

A war on terror is a ridiculous notion, just like a war on any human emotion would be.

How about a 'War on disappointment' or a 'War on sadness'?

At least Obama hasn't used that language so much although he is extremely keen on executing people in Afghanistan based on the same intelligence that brought you the war in Iraq or the Benghazi fuck up.

Killing people for hating you doesn't make a lot of sense, it's like hitting a wasps nest with a stick because one stung you.

The above is pretty much what I believe. Al Qaida is just a McTerror name franchise that any pissed off sociopath can call his organization. I think a key example would have been 'al Qaida of Iraq', which Bin Laden and al-Zawahiri supposedly hated for their vile excesses of simply murdering people for sport and self-gain under the pretense of some bullshit religious fantasy. But there is no real central organization, it's just an umbrella moniker of disparate groups...

knuckleboner
11-17-2012, 10:47 AM

of course things were made up.

primarily the notion that bin laden died before the SEALs got him...

BigBadBrian
11-17-2012, 01:25 PM
....Al Qaida is just a McTerror name franchise ...

I've done quite a bit of reading about AQ, Iraq, and Afghanistan lately. "Franchise" is exactly the word I would use to describe the AQ cells. They're pretty much left to their own devices, plans, and operations unless a courier comes along and gives them instructions from someone higher up the food chain. The AQ organization, while militaristic, definitely doesn't have the typical chain of command.

Answer my questions in post #1, Elvis.

Satan
11-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Beelze-bump ^..^

Satan
11-17-2012, 02:29 PM

Satan
11-17-2012, 02:30 PM

Satan
11-17-2012, 02:31 PM

Seshmeister
11-17-2012, 03:06 PM
I forgot about this thread and it was recent too.

Some sort of merge might be an option...

Seshmeister
11-17-2012, 03:13 PM
I think most of the people that organised 9-11 died on 9-11.

Kind of like when a postal murderer turns his gun on himself at the end.

It's incredibly infuriating because it robs the victims families of any sort of justice or revenge.

Unless you create a bogeyman in charge of a worldwide evil terrorist empire...

Nickdfresh
11-17-2012, 03:17 PM

And so they shall sayeth the Thread Fairy™!
http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/1/hairy-fairy.jpg

BigBadBrian
11-18-2012, 06:20 AM

Agreed. I tend to ignore threads when FORD puts up his silly poll options.

Seshmeister
11-18-2012, 07:25 AM
Watch from 20:30

Why has no one ever challenged Cheney about these lies?

ELVIS
11-18-2012, 07:59 AM
Complete smoke and mirros bullshit...

BigBadBrian
11-18-2012, 12:24 PM
Complete smoke and mirros bullshit...

Then answer the questions i directed to you. :gulp:

ELVIS
11-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Who are you, the teacher ??

BigBadBrian
11-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Who are you, the teacher ??

Yes. Now sit down and STFU. :fighting0056:

ELVIS
11-18-2012, 12:30 PM
So, what's your stupid question ??

Kristy
11-19-2012, 05:42 PM
http://www.666blacksun.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/kkk2.gif

Only with hand-held RPG's and iPads.

Nitro Express
11-19-2012, 06:18 PM
Watch from 20:30

Why has no one ever challenged Cheney about these lies?
Yeah I remember Rumsfeld's bullshit. It looked like we were going after Dr. No in some high tech bunker complex.

Satan
11-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Yeah I remember Rumsfeld's bullshit. It looked like we were going after Dr. No in some high tech bunker complex.

http://www.tariqmian.com/fortress.gif
http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

Nitro Express
11-19-2012, 06:48 PM
The only thing missing is the anti-gravity ships armed with high powered lasers. The technology was developed in secret with Saudi oil money. The Bin Laden family used a large construction engineering company as a front.

BigBadBrian
11-19-2012, 08:12 PM
That graphic was done by The Times of London, not Donald Rumsfeld. It was the Leftwing Moonbats who tagged it as Rumsfeld's rendition. They lied, as usual.

Nickdfresh
11-19-2012, 08:15 PM
http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

I believe this was printed in Newspeak, er, Newsweek magazine...

BigBadBrian
11-19-2012, 08:21 PM
I believe this was printed in Newspeak, er, Newsweek magazine...

It made the rounds to a lot of publications. Other than the nice neat angles and extent, a lot of that graphic isn't too much of a stretch. They were more like cubby/rabbit holes than nice, neat tunnels though. Most, if not all, were not that extensive either.

Nickdfresh
11-19-2012, 08:30 PM
It made the rounds to a lot of publications. Other than the nice neat angles and extent, a lot of that graphic isn't too much of a stretch. They were more like cubby/rabbit holes than nice, neat tunnels though. Most, if not all, were not that extensive either.

You're insane if you believe that. There were nothing but caves with crates of ammo and supplies, nothing intricately link nor particularly engineered with any sophistication. The Viet Cong were laughing at them!

Terry
11-19-2012, 09:17 PM
Well, once I was able to get past the priming of the fear pump the vast majority of media outlets engaged in post-September 11, 2001 re: Al Qaeda, Osama Bin Laden and the rest...I mean, doubtless the attacks on NYC and the Pentagon were pretty horrific from an American perspective, but primarily because these are the types of attacks typically exported BY Americans to other nations. I would agree that the scale and ambition of the attacks did surpass, say, blowing up a disco in Germany. However, these types of violent undertakings are sadly typical of what's been going on outside of the continental US for years.
From what I can gather, the "Al Qaeda" organization is only one in a very loose sense. Certainly not institutionalized like, say, the US Armed Forces. If one refuses to be intimidated by the media propaganda and boogeyman demonization of "Al Qaeda" and come to a rational determination of what they are comprised of and why they harbor the anti-American feelings regarding our longstanding foreign policy that they do, it follows that invading their homeland with our army really wasn't the way to go.
It's a bit freshman-like in terms of analysis, but our chances of actually winning a "War on Terrorism" are virtually zero, since even if we ARE able to kill every person outside of our borders who currently wishes to harm us, this act in itself will just breed more resentment which can easily take form in future "terrorist" activities.
I don't, however, believe that what happened on September 11, 2001, was some sort of inside job carried out by the US government. There's just too much ineptitude displayed by our government on a daily basis to give creedence to the notion that they could have pulled it off (notwithstanding the fact that there's no credible evidence demonstrating that they did so).

Nitro Express
11-19-2012, 10:12 PM

What's silly about the graphic is the whole mountain is full of rooms and tunnels. It's like the matterhorn at Disneyland. Real bunkers have a solid mountain over them. That's the protection. If you hollow the mountain out like swiss cheese and make it one big termite mound, you ruin the reason it was built into a mountain in the first place.