PDA

View Full Version : Van Hagar/The Fuglees 7/1/04 Indianapolis

rocknrolldork
06-21-2004, 04:33 PM
My friends' band, The Fuglees (http://www.thefuglees.com), are one of the opening acts for Van Hagar at the Indianapolis show on 7/1/04. The great thing is, the guys in The Fuglees are HUGE DLR-VH fans. So much so they wrote a song about it called, what else: "David Lee Roth". It's on their latest album titled Indiana.

The song is about how we need someone to save rock n roll now.

The chorus goes a little something like this:

"Where is David Lee Roth? You know that we need him more than ever now!"

I hope everyone there is singing it loud enough for Van Hagar to hear. lol.

Sarge
06-21-2004, 04:41 PM
I think we need a superman...
one with a high kick and a little hell
if you don't like that you can go to hell..
Where is David Lee Roth...
You know that we need him more than ever now
This is some excellant stuff...

http://www.thefuglees.com/INDIANA/The_Fuglees_David_Lee_Roth.mp3

If I get the time I am going to put this on the front page...
Sarge

Roth-Halen
06-21-2004, 05:04 PM
Excelent! It'd be great if that song makes it to the roth army front page.
I can tell that band has VH influence on their sound! Very nice!

Roth-Halen
06-21-2004, 05:07 PM
If that band is going to open for VH, do you guys think they'll be allowed to play this song? Or you think shit face Sambo is gonna object to it!
Fucking Sambo, if he really cared about VH he should quit and stop ruining that band! Damn bastard.:killer:

DLR_EngineRoom
06-21-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Sarge
I think we need a superman...
one with a high kick and a little hell
if you don't like that you can go to hell..
Where is David Lee Roth...
You know that we need him more than ever now
This is some excellant stuff...

http://www.thefuglees.com/INDIANA/The_Fuglees_David_Lee_Roth.mp3

If I get the time I am going to put this on the front page...
Sarge

LMAO.....Ed's too drunk to know that the band they hired not only have a Pro-Roth song, they're all PRO-ROTH!!! Now that's classically funny!!!

FORD
06-21-2004, 06:33 PM
That song's fucking GRATE! These guys have a CD out yet?

Dave's PA Rental
06-21-2004, 06:55 PM
that song has more 'brown sound' than all three new Van Hagar songs put together...

Dave's PA Rental
06-21-2004, 06:56 PM
FORD, click the link up top...

DavidLeeNatra
06-21-2004, 07:47 PM
this deserves a sticky...just for some days !!! man...this is like "can't get this stuff no more" ... it happens right in front of their naked steaming eyes...

FORD
06-21-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Daves PA rental
FORD, click the link up top...

Oops.... Monday brain fog. Hey, it says Glenn Danzig digs these guys. Now there's one HELL of an endorsement :cool:

rocknrolldork
06-21-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by FORD
That song's fucking GRATE! These guys have a CD out yet?

Yup. They have 2 albums out. The 1st is called Go Apeshit and their latest is called Indiana.

They are great songwriters based out of Indy. Creative songwriting with really good hooks and add some really good humor at times. I think you can get their cd's on their website.

I think Clear Channel added them to be the 1st band on that day. I believe they are on a side stage. Still, really funny.

BrownSound1
06-21-2004, 10:57 PM
Good to see these bands give props to Diamond Dave.

tayl429
06-21-2004, 10:58 PM
Oh my god, that song rocks and I hope someone has the connections to get this shit to Dave......something needs to bring him back touring again and smash the crap out of this Van Hagar tour!!!!!!! Come on Dave....we need you!!!

Snoo
06-22-2004, 12:50 AM
They should all wear those "It Ain't Van Halen Without David Lee Roth" shirts, perhaps under their stage costumes so they can take the costumes off and show the shirts.

MAX
06-22-2004, 05:05 AM
Is that the whole song? I want more than 1:14 man!!!! That was just getting warmed up. Please tell me that was just a verse? I want the album!!!

Hummarstra
06-22-2004, 07:38 AM
Right at 1:15 he does a ROTH SCREAM!!! Check it out!!!!!

YEAH!!!

Panamark
06-22-2004, 08:10 AM
THAT WAS FUCKING ACE !

Says it all !

Do we have a link to the whole song ??

Bad Muthafucker
06-22-2004, 08:43 AM
sarge, that was super! you gotta put that on the front page.

is somebody going to this concert? if somebody is, they gotta sneak a little video camera in to tape it and then post it here. or heck, even just a tape recorder. i wanna see, or at least even hear, the crowd's reaction to the song, but more importantly i wanna see or hear if/how van hagar reacts to it! like if they mention it or anything like that in between songs.

rocknrolldork
06-22-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by bad_muthafucker
sarge, that was super! you gotta put that on the front page.

is somebody going to this concert? if somebody is, they gotta sneak a little video camera in to tape it and then post it here. or heck, even just a tape recorder. i wanna see, or at least even hear, the crowd's reaction to the song, but more importantly i wanna see or hear if/how van hagar reacts to it! like if they mention it or anything like that in between songs.

I'm going. I'll see what I can sneak in to the show. If we go in through VIP I'll get it in no problem. If we go in through the main entrance security will be too tight.

The song is longer, that's just a clip. ...And I agree, someone needs to get a copy of that song/disc to Dave.

DavidLeeNatra
06-22-2004, 09:58 AM
they will NEVER be allowed to do this song in a concert opening for van hagar...but it would be funny as hell !!!

DavidLeeNatra
06-22-2004, 09:59 AM
this band knows how to pay respect...and dave was right...now he definitely is an action figur ...

MAX
06-22-2004, 01:09 PM
Can we please get the entire song????

DavidLeeNatra
06-22-2004, 01:15 PM
do we have something like a "war - anthem" for the army now ...as long as that van hagar shitfest is going on? :D

MAX
06-22-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
do we have something like a "war - anthem" for the army now ...as long as that van hagar shitfest is going on? :D

:killer: :killer: HELL YEZZ!!!!!! :killer: :killer:

rocknrolldork
06-22-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Can we please get the entire song????

Goto:

www.indianapolismusic.net (http://www.indianapolismusic.net)

Register for the Message Boards (it's free like these), then PM FugleeDrummer. His name is Thom. He can at least point you in the right direction to get the entire song.

MAX
06-22-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by rocknrolldork
Goto:

www.indianapolismusic.net (http://www.indianapolismusic.net)

Register for the Message Boards (it's free like these), then PM FugleeDrummer. His name is Thom. He can at least point you in the right direction to get the entire song.

Thanks!!!!

Clear the deck................ I'm goin' in!!!!

RogueHorseman
06-22-2004, 01:53 PM
Gotta love it!

:D

bobthedog
06-23-2004, 05:50 AM
My friends' band, The Fuglees (http://www.thefuglees.com), are one of the opening acts for Van Hagar at the Indianapolis show on 7/1/04. The great thing is, the guys in The Fuglees are HUGE DLR-VH fans. So much so they wrote a song about it called, what else: "David Lee Roth". It's on their latest album titled Indiana.

The song is about how we need someone to save rock n roll now.

The chorus goes a little something like this:

"Where is David Lee Roth? You know that we need him more than ever now!"

I hope everyone there is singing it loud enough for Van Hagar to hear. lol.

HOLY SHIT !!!!!! They going to do this song ??????????? COOOOOLLLL :)))

Panamark
06-23-2004, 06:19 AM
MAX, can you hook us up :)

Did you find it ??

gslinger
06-23-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by bobthedog
HOLY SHIT !!!!!! They going to do this song ??????????? COOOOOLLLL :)))

NO THEY ARE NOT unless they never want to work again on a National Tour and CCC will make damn sure of that!

Of course maybe they are crazy enough to do it. Hope so...FLOL

Panamark
06-23-2004, 08:31 AM
That song makes an excellent statement. It *HAS* to be performed live in front of Spammy..

rocknrolldork
06-23-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by gslinger
NO THEY ARE NOT unless they never want to work again on a National Tour and CCC will make damn sure of that!

Of course maybe they are crazy enough to do it. Hope so...FLOL

Indy is one of the few markets where the CCE people are actually really good to up and coming local/regionals. All the fine people at Indy CCE know the Fuglees play this song. I'm sure it will be played.

Besides........... Who really cares if Van Hagar gets mad about it. It's not like they'll be back anytime soon anyway.

Panamark
06-23-2004, 09:48 AM
Hallelujah to that !

bru87tr
06-23-2004, 09:48 AM
very cool indeed!!!!!!!!

RogueHorseman
06-23-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
That song makes an excellent statement. It *HAS* to be performed live in front of Spammy..

Yes... oh, yes.

MAX
06-23-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
MAX, can you hook us up :)

Did you find it ??

I emailed and PM'ed the guy and am still waiting for a reply.

EmpyreLounge44
06-23-2004, 03:40 PM
i dont think they are playing this show....they arent listed anywhere that I have seen and the date isnt listed on their site...i don't think they ever were

gslinger
06-23-2004, 04:34 PM
Indy is one of the few markets where the CCE people are actually really good to up and coming local/regionals. All the fine people at Indy CCE know the Fuglees play this song. I'm sure it will be played.

Besides........... Who really cares if Van Hagar gets mad about it. It's not like they'll be back anytime soon anyway.

CCE fine people...WaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

You obviously don't know CCC/CCE or are very naive.

jammerj70
07-01-2004, 01:07 PM
I don't know anything about the CCE, but I do know that the Fuglees are playing at the Van Hagar show tonight in Indy. I talked with Tom Fuglee and he said they are going to do the song 3 or 4 times. My suggestion to everyone is to buy the CD on the Fuglees site check them out completely. They rock!!!!!!!