PDA

View Full Version : I saw Kiss and Motley Crue last night

fraroc
09-23-2012, 08:36 AM
Two words described the show.

FUCKING AWESOME.

Motley Crue took the stage with a staged satanic ritual which included upside-down crucifixes and hot girls :) and then all the members of the band appeared on the stage and blasted into "Saints of Los Angeles" and "Shout at the Devil" Their stage act was fucking AWESOME. Hot girls on stage, Laser light shows, Flamethrowers, Fireworks, M-80s exploding with a loud "BANG" in synch with the music....It was a fucking experience, I'll tell you that. Musically, Tommy, Nikki and Mick were all in top form, Sadly I think Vince Neil had a cold or something because his voice cracked three times on stage.
But one of the most memorable parts of Crue's set was in the middle of the show, all of this Gangsta rap and Dubstep shit began blaring over the PA while Tommy played along to the beat. His drum kit was on a giant circular track, similar to a vertical loop on a roller coaster, and while the Rap music became louder, his drums were litterally rocking back and forth on the track and you heard "SUCK MY MUTHAFUCKIN' DI--" And his drums were suspended upside-down on the track for two minutes while he kept playing!:jaw: And then after the solo was over, he let a female fan ride the drum-coaster with him! Overall, the entire show was amazing and I would love to see them again!

Kiss was awesome too, I gotta say, Paul Stanley is 60, Gene is 63, they can still put on a killer show! We got the whole experience, fire breathing, blood spitting...EVERYTHING. Musically, Paul Stanley sounded scores better than Vince Neil, Tommy and Eric are both great musicians even though they're not Ace and Peter. (Just once before one of them dies, I'd like to see them back together.) At the rate they're going they sure ain't ready for the afterlife yet! But Theatrically, I'd say that Motley Crue was more impressive. Kiss had the rising drum set and and the pyro, but Motley Crue had flamethrowers, dynamite, lasers, and Tommy's drums on a roller coaster!

Both acts were really good though and I REALLY want to see them again.

However, I almost beat the shit out of some punk that said that yelled "Van Halen Sucks!" during Crue's set (There is always one...:mad::fupunk:.) I'm ashamed to say I didn't.

Up next on the concert agenda for me?

KANSAS
:jammin::drum::fiddle::jammin:

twonabomber
09-23-2012, 08:46 AM
how was Vince getting around? i guess he tweaked his ankle or something during the first song at the Cleveland stop. a couple guys from work went and said he hobbled through the whole set.

fraroc
09-23-2012, 08:50 AM
how was Vince getting around? i guess he tweaked his ankle or something during the first song at the Cleveland stop. a couple guys from work went and said he hobbled through the whole set.

Vince moved around ok, but he had a visible cast on his ankle.

Mick Mars was a houseplant on stage. He didn't shout out to the audience or anything, he just stood in one place the entire show. His playing was fucking AMAZING though.

ELVIS
09-23-2012, 10:25 AM
Mars has ankylosing spondylitis, which is a form of arthritis that mainly affects the spine and pelvis...

He said that, over the years, the illness has caused his lower spine to seize up and freeze completely solid...

:elvis:

sadaist
09-23-2012, 12:16 PM

Mick Mars was a houseplant on stage. He didn't shout out to the audience or anything, he just stood in one place the entire show. His playing was fucking AMAZING though.

:(

still makes me sad whenever I think about Mick. Even back in the 80's he wasn't a big stage presence. The other 3 guys were / are all spotlight whores and Mick always was fine kinda standing back in the shadows and doing his job. But he truly is like a zombie now. Like he is stuck on a mannequin post & they wheel him out to his spot to play for the show.

But if he stops playing with the band they might as well wrap it up. Just as it aint Crue without Vince or Tommy, it aint Crue without Mick.

*Motley Crue Theater Of Pain tour - Loudness opening. San Diego Sports Arena. August 25, 1985. MY FIRST CONCERT!

binnie
09-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Saw Crue a few years back and was very, very impressed. Normally I feel that expansive stage shows are more of a 'pop' thing which serves as a substitute for, rather than a complement to, the music, but it wasn't the case with Crue. Not sure how much of it was 'live' and how much was piped in (although Vince was definitely 'singing), but I had a blast nonetheless.

Dave's Bitch
09-23-2012, 02:10 PM
I have seen so many videos from "The Tour" you would not believe :).Both bands have been awesome.I have to say Motley Crue have surprised me.I am a BIG crue fan but I guess I underestimated them on this tour.Vince has not sounded too great,But he has never been that great live so nothing really to complain about.I agree with Sadaist about Mick,Motley Crue are Vince,Nikki,Tommy and Mick.As for Kiss I can say I am not surprised.They always bring the house down live.There stage presence and energy is just fantastic.One of the best things about a Kiss show is being packed in the floor with how ever many thousands of brothers and sisters,Kiss crowds are just awesome

As for beating on a kid who doesn't like Van Halen,Why bother?..No point in messing up a fantastic night over a difference in music taste.Just roll with the punches,Take a ride on the wild side,Rock n Roll all night and part every day ;)

fraroc
09-23-2012, 02:29 PM
Well as long as Mick is still willing to go out there and preform, he's going to be ok :)

here is a video of the Drum Coaster!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7a5l7uFweA&list=FLK4w7OPd5HBG-oWXiNM_vsg&index=1&feature=plpp_video

You see, It's not Tommy's skill that makes him impressive. Its his creativity and ingenuity that really makes him one of my favorite drummers. But I'm surprised on how many people hated the Drum Coaster...I understand that the music he's playing to is one of the shittiest music I have ever heard, but the spectacle we got made it so fucking worth it. Some people said that Tommy Lee is a disgrace to rock n' roll, and that they hope he falls from the drum kit and dies. Seriously, you want him to die because of the choice of music he used? :mad2:

twonabomber
09-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Tommy's solo on the Red White and Crue tour was MUCH worse. Even his Gen Swine tour solo wasn't that bad.

Nitro Express
09-23-2012, 05:07 PM
I hate overproduced shit. Tommy. Where's the drumming? I see the roller coaster but where's the fast foot work and drum rolls? Frankly Charlie Watts can smoke this guy with just a simple kit playing inside of Rolling Stones songs. I'm not a fan of drum solos. They put me to sleep. So some cool shit inside of songs. Stewart Copeland never did drum solos but you knew the fucking drummer was there. People know who he is and he never solo wanked on carnival rides.

fraroc
09-23-2012, 05:13 PM
I hate overproduced shit. Tommy. Where's the drumming? I see the roller coaster but where's the fast foot work and drum rolls? Frankly Charlie Watts can smoke this guy with just a simple kit playing inside of Rolling Stones songs. I'm not a fan of drum solos. They put me to sleep. So some cool shit inside of songs. Stewart Copeland never did drum solos but you knew the fucking drummer was there. People know who he is and he never solo wanked on carnival rides.

Simple, he's not trying to be Alex Van Halen. He's Tommy Lee. "theatrics and debauchery" are his middle names. Like I said, It's not Tommy's skill that impresses me, but his ingenuity and crazy ideas.

Fairwrning
09-23-2012, 05:34 PM
I like Motley but Vince Neils voice just sucks live..

sadaist
09-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Like I said, It's not Tommy's skill that impresses me, but his ingenuity and crazy ideas.

He has a rather large penis too.

sadaist
09-23-2012, 07:02 PM
OK....taking the fan on a ride with the drums was pretty fucking kick ass. How fun would that be? LOL! Lucky motherfucker.

fraroc
09-23-2012, 08:11 PM
He has a rather large penis too.

And that.

fourthcoming
09-23-2012, 10:32 PM
I was at the same show last night. Snooze fest. Same lame set from Crue. Vince Neil is done.....can't sing anymore. They played that lame version of Shout At the devil that wasn't the original. Drum solo.....on the roller coaster...big deal...I took a piss during it. I don't go to a Motley crue and kiss show to see some 50+ yr old act and talk like a wigga teenager and play drums upside down to techno blasting from the speakers. Kiss.....they sounded pretty damn good. paul is definitely losing some of his voice but it had to happen eventually. He has had that amazing voice for so long. Same old set from Kiss also.....War machine was the only tune they haven't played in forever. I have been fortunate to see both of these bands numerous times. There is no need to ever see either one again. Can't tell you how bored I was at this show. How many times can I see motley play S.O.S., Home sweet home....which was played rediculously slow, Dont go away mad......They played one song from Shout and one song from Too Fast. And they opened with Saints of Los Angeles? Lame.....time for the Crue to either be more creative or hang it up. The new song "Sex" sucked too. Place was packed so i'll give them that.....definitely more Kiss fans. This was not your father's 1985 Motley show....and damn sure wasn't a Halen show. BORING!!! P.S. someone on Kiss's sound crew needs to sit in the audience and hear how rediculously loud the bass sounds....or at least sounded last night. Could barely hear the guitars when they weren't soloing.

Nitro Express
09-23-2012, 10:33 PM

Mick Mars looks like he is from Mars. He's a good player. He proves if you are a master at what you do, you don't need bullshit gimmicks. Frankly he's the best musician in that band.

Nitro Express
09-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Simple, he's not trying to be Alex Van Halen. He's Tommy Lee. "theatrics and debauchery" are his middle names. Like I said, It's not Tommy's skill that impresses me, but his ingenuity and crazy ideas.

Pretty much. You are paying for a show. They give a good one.

fourthcoming
09-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Nick Mars looks like he is from Mars. He's a good player. He proves if you are a master at what you do, you don't need bullshit gimmicks. Frankly he's the best musician in that band.

Mick Mars played his ass off last night. The band was tight....Tommy Lee is one of my favorite drummers..he is definitely an underrated drummer....I think he has tons of skill.....just can't stand his on stage persona.....so dumb and childish. Vince sucks live and Nikki is definitely the brains behind the band....writes everything but all he plays is the E string live most of the time. Yes Crue had a couple of hot chicks on stage.....don't kid yourself....they were doing alot of the singing and Motley's choruses and backgrounds are DEFINITELY tracked in.

Matt White
09-23-2012, 10:49 PM
Frankly he's the best musician in that band.

"ONLY" musician in that band!!!

twonabomber
09-24-2012, 12:24 AM
And that.

don't forget the Hep C...

twonabomber
09-24-2012, 12:25 AM
War machine was the only tune they haven't played in forever.

they played War Machine on the Kiss/Poison tour a few years back.

sadaist
09-24-2012, 01:54 AM
Mick Mars looks like he is from Mars. He's a good player. He proves if you are a master at what you do, you don't need bullshit gimmicks. Frankly he's the best musician in that band.

He is the ONLY musician in that band. The others are 99% flair. Which is fine. Some reason they work together.

Dave's Bitch
09-24-2012, 04:46 AM
Motley Crue need to add Knock em' dead kid to the set.Simple song but it kicks some serious ass.I would love to hear Kiss add Nowhere to run.That is a bad ass song

binnie
09-24-2012, 06:16 AM
I think it's unfair to label the other three members of Motley Crue aside from Mick as not being 'musicians'. Tommy Lee is a very good drummer.

Vince and Nikki, fair point. But Nikki did do the bulk of the writing, and whilst the songs are hardly sophisticated they were memorable.

Nitro Express
09-24-2012, 06:45 AM
He is the ONLY musician in that band. The others are 99% flair. Which is fine. Some reason they work together.

It works. They have good songs and put on a good show. Even as old fucks.

Seshmeister
09-24-2012, 06:57 AM
But I'm surprised on how many people hated the Drum Coaster...I understand that the music he's playing to is one of the shittiest music I have ever heard, but the spectacle we got made it so fucking worth it. Some people said that Tommy Lee is a disgrace to rock n' roll, and that they hope he falls from the drum kit and dies. Seriously, you want him to die because of the choice of music he used? :mad2:

Nothing more stupid than people who take party music incredibly seriously like a religion...

Seshmeister
09-24-2012, 07:00 AM
I was at the same show last night. Snooze fest. Same lame set from Crue. Vince Neil is done.....can't sing anymore. They played that lame version of Shout At the devil that wasn't the original. Drum solo.....on the roller coaster...big deal...I took a piss during it. I don't go to a Motley crue and kiss show to see some 50+ yr old act and talk like a wigga teenager and play drums upside down to techno blasting from the speakers. Kiss.....they sounded pretty damn good. paul is definitely losing some of his voice but it had to happen eventually. He has had that amazing voice for so long. Same old set from Kiss also.....War machine was the only tune they haven't played in forever. I have been fortunate to see both of these bands numerous times. There is no need to ever see either one again. Can't tell you how bored I was at this show. How many times can I see motley play S.O.S., Home sweet home....which was played rediculously slow, Dont go away mad......They played one song from Shout and one song from Too Fast. And they opened with Saints of Los Angeles? Lame.....time for the Crue to either be more creative or hang it up. The new song "Sex" sucked too. Place was packed so i'll give them that.....definitely more Kiss fans. This was not your father's 1985 Motley show....and damn sure wasn't a Halen show. BORING!!! P.S. someone on Kiss's sound crew needs to sit in the audience and hear how rediculously loud the bass sounds....or at least sounded last night. Could barely hear the guitars when they weren't soloing.

This review screams out 'Why did you go?'

You got exactly what you expected and what you had seen many times before and you don't like it?

Well don't do it then. :D

Nitro Express
09-24-2012, 07:03 AM
Nothing more stupid than people who take party music incredibly seriously like a religion...

Say Sammy Hagar is a better frontman than David Lee Roth and you will see how seriously people in here take their party music. I think it is a religion.

ELVIS
09-24-2012, 07:12 AM
They should stand Mick Mars on his head...

That would be cool...

uhh hu h hu u h uhuuh uh hu hu huhu hu huhuh

binnie
09-24-2012, 07:26 AM

You got exactly what you expected and what you had seen many times before and you don't like it?

To be fair, there had been rumours circulating that Crue were going to do a 27 minutes jazz-rock odyssey about the life of Marie-Antoinette in a 6/8 time signature and fronted by Vince Neil playing the harpsicord........

Seshmeister
09-24-2012, 07:39 AM

That would be cool...

You may be on to something you sick man. :)

It's really freaky just how little he moves on stage, it's almost like one of those street performer statues.

fourthcoming
09-24-2012, 07:40 AM
:)

I had seen both bands before and had great times. My girl wanted to go so I said what the hell.....the show is late Sept. it's an outdoor venue, weather was going to be beautiful and it was.....so fuck it....I'll go. I don't know if it's a combination of seeing the same groups one too many times and me getting old and for that matter everyone else in the crowd getting old....but i think I will be limiting my future concerts to must sees only. Hope that answers your question for why I went.....and not for anything.....your line about stupid people taking party music so seriously.........I don't get it......why do some people in here have to act so damn high and mighty........like Van halen isn't party music? Let me get you a step stool so you don't fall coming down from your high horse. Maybe Binnie can lend a hand and help you down. :) All in fun ladies......don't get too pissy with your re-buttals.

Seshmeister
09-24-2012, 07:42 AM
To be fair, there had been rumours circulating that Crue were going to do a 27 minutes jazz-rock odyssey about the life of Marie-Antoinette in a 6/8 time signature and fronted by Vince Neil playing the harpsicord........

You're a naughty one...
Saucy Jack...
You're a haughty one, saucy Jack.

Seshmeister
09-24-2012, 07:48 AM

I had seen both bands before and had great times. My girl wanted to go so I said what the hell.....the show is late Sept. it's an outdoor venue, weather was going to be beautiful and it was.....so fuck it....I'll go. I don't know if it's a combination of seeing the same groups one too many times and me getting old and for that matter everyone else in the crowd getting old....but i think I will be limiting my future concerts to must sees only. Hope that answers your question for why I went.....and not for anything.....your line about stupid people taking party music so seriously.........I don't get it......why do some people in here have to act so damn high and mighty........like Van halen isn't party music? Let me get you a step stool so you don't fall coming down from your high horse. Maybe Binnie can lend a hand and help you down. :) All in fun ladies......don't get too pissy with your re-buttals.

I just knew a girl was going to get the blame... :)

I wasn't referring to you with the 'stupid people' thing, that was addressed at the quote in my post about people wanting Tommy Lee to die because he played some non rock.

My recommendation for a gig like that is to drink heavily beforehand and squeeze some nostalgia out of it but I realize that isn't always an option logistically. I once drove to an Aerosmith gig and found it pretty boring in the cold light of sobriety and 'seen it all before fatigue' so I do recognize what you were saying.

fourthcoming
09-24-2012, 07:52 AM
I just knew a girl was going to get the blame... :)

I wasn't referring to you with the 'stupid people' thing, that was addressed at the quote in my post about people wanting Tommy Lee to die because he played some non rock.

My recommendation for a gig like that is to drink heavily beforehand and squeeze some nostalgia out of it but I realize that isn't always an option logistically. I once drove to an Aerosmith gig and found it pretty boring in the cold light of sobriety and 'seen it all before fatigue' so I do recognize what you were saying.

Actually....your right on the money....I split a 6 pack with my girl simply because there wasn't enough time. Came home from work, jumped in the shower and took off for the show. As we were inside I remember asking myself if I would be enjoying th show more if I was heavily intoxicated. I hardly drink anymore anyway and had to drive.....so yea....maybe you were right.....Why the hell did I go?.....:)

Seshmeister
09-24-2012, 07:55 AM
Funnily enough last time I saw Crue I was in a rush and didn't have enough time to prepare properly either.

I actually missed the drum kit roller coaster thing because I was away at the bar buying a bunch of drinks to get myself in the proper frame of mind... :)

fourthcoming
09-24-2012, 08:18 AM
Funnily enough last time I saw Crue I was in a rush and didn't have enough time to prepare properly either.

I actually missed the drum kit roller coaster thing because I was away at the bar buying a bunch of drinks to get myself in the proper frame of mind... :)

That's as good a time as any. I'm a drummer and drum solos do absolutely nothing for me....especially a techno-laden one. For someone to say tommy Lee should die for it is rediculous.....I just thought it was boring. Unfortunately the venue I was at.....Jones beach....does not serve alcohol! The nerve of them! The only place to buy alcohol is in a V.I.P. section at the extreme right of the stage in a tented area where you can't even see the stage.

sadaist
09-24-2012, 12:08 PM
It works. They have good songs and put on a good show. Even as old fucks.

Totally. I wasn't trying to slam the other 3 guys at all. Crue for a while were tied with VH as my favorite band. Still in my top 5 all time. They were my very 1st concert & very 1st concert t-shirt. And I'm one of the few here that totally dig Theatre Of Pain. But Mick could be playing many different genres of music no problem. Mick would be playing guitar no matter how rich or famous he ever became.. Vince, Tommy, Nikki got into it for the pussy & drugs. lol true story

Sads top 5

Van FUCKING Halen

The Police
Megadeth
Motley Crue
Def Lep

As a young teenager, I would grab every & any rock magazine that had something about Motley in it. The stories back in the mid 80's were pure debauchery. Always crazy interviews. I remember Nikki saying in one that if you listen carefully to 10 seconds to love, you hear squishing noises in the background. That sound is allegedly the band fucking a couple of really fat girls. HAHAHA! When you're 12-13-14 years old, Crue stories were like heroin. Couldn't get enough.

Seshmeister
09-24-2012, 12:55 PM
I found out recently my pals wife genuinely thought the Crue song was called 'Too FAT for love' and sang that along to it.

Seshmeister
09-24-2012, 12:57 PM
That's as good a time as any. I'm a drummer and drum solos do absolutely nothing for me....especially a techno-laden one. For someone to say tommy Lee should die for it is rediculous.....I just thought it was boring. Unfortunately the venue I was at.....Jones beach....does not serve alcohol! The nerve of them! The only place to buy alcohol is in a V.I.P. section at the extreme right of the stage in a tented area where you can't even see the stage.

The place I was at does sell(overpriced) booze but you can't see the band from the bar although you can hear them.

I did kind of wonder what all the techno noise was but not enough to lose my place in the queue.

FORD
09-24-2012, 01:19 PM
I found out recently my pals wife genuinely thought the Crue song was called 'Too FAT for love' and sang that along to it.

Well, actually that is what it SOUNDS like they're singing. But you would think that the song's title appearing right on the album cover would be a clue. I had some friends who sang it that way too. Especially when they were yelling it out the window of the Camaro on a Friday night.

private parts
09-24-2012, 01:39 PM
I saw the show at Alpine Valley WI. Thought it REALlY kicked ASS. THE CRUE almost stole the show. Vince is backed-up by the chick singers which sounded good. Who else do we know that can't sing em like he used to? Maybe I caught him on a good night.
The freakier Mick Mars looks- the better. He looks like the grim reaper- perfect for the Crue. He puts the "Motley" in Crue.

Kiss was KISS. Always get your money's worth. And after all these years, they the perform like it was the final show of their career.

Dave's Bitch
09-24-2012, 02:53 PM
Hey sadaist two of our top 5 bands are the same :)

fraroc
09-24-2012, 03:38 PM

You fucking kidding me? The show was anything EXCEPT boring. Pyro was exploding in all directions, there was a lazer light show during "Kickstart My Heart" which was really cool, there was Tommy Lee's drum coaster...I can go on and on. Kiss put on a VERY good show too with a good amount of lights and pyro.

Overall, I'd say that Motley Crue had more impressive theatrics while Kiss sounded better musically.

fourthcoming
09-24-2012, 09:37 PM
Maybe it was your first time seeing them....I don't know....I don't really go to shows for pyro.....doesn't do much for me. Kiss....O.K......the pyro has always been there...comes with the territory. I can't get too excited to see the same songs over and over at a Crue show anymore. I tried to get into it, wanted to get into it, but just couldn't. I love the Crue...always have....but for me their first 3 albums are their best and they played a combined total of 3 songs from those albums. Keep the stupid drum roller coaster and the pyro and give me something a little more rockin' than S.O.S. and Don't go away mad and maybe you'll be onto something. I saw them a few years ago at the same venue and they were incredible....saw them a few years before that with megadeth and they were amazing.....this time around....not so much. Sorry.....that show was BORING!

fourthcoming
09-24-2012, 09:41 PM

That is pretty funny....reminded me of an old buddy who thought the lyrics to metallica's 'Don't Tread On Me' were.....Soviet...threaten no more....rather than So be it.....threaten no more.

fraroc
09-24-2012, 09:53 PM
Maybe it was your first time seeing them....I don't know....I don't really go to shows for pyro.....doesn't do much for me. Kiss....O.K......the pyro has always been there...comes with the territory. I can't get too excited to see the same songs over and over at a Crue show anymore. I tried to get into it, wanted to get into it, but just couldn't. I love the Crue...always have....but for me their first 3 albums are their best and they played a combined total of 3 songs from those albums. Keep the stupid drum roller coaster and the pyro and give me something a little more rockin' than S.O.S. and Don't go away mad and maybe you'll be onto something. I saw them a few years ago at the same venue and they were incredible....saw them a few years before that with megadeth and they were amazing.....this time around....not so much. Sorry.....that show was BORING!

2 nights ago was my second time seeing them. I first saw them in 2008 when I was 16. They musically sounded better last time, but I said this before and I'll say it again. Theatrically, they put on an A-MAZING show. People go to the shows to see them do the hits, what they remember most. Sure I would like them to do some more "deep cuts" but thats the way it goes. Its just like how people complained that Van Halen didn't do enough off of ADKOT during the tour.

fourthcoming
09-24-2012, 10:01 PM
I was surprised just how much pyro they did have. i had never seen the crue with that much before.....maybe they felt compelled because they were playing with Kiss. i don't know dude...maybe I'm just turning into an old fart. It's pretty stupid of me to expect deeper cuts from them.....it's just that only say 5 years ago they put on a killer show with plenty of deep cuts. My girl saw them not too long ago at madison square garden front row and they opened with Toast of the Town!!! I think the only band I truly get excited to see anymore is VH....maybe a few other exceptions. I think for me anyway, there are a few bands I have just seen too many times. I was happy to see the place packed though....still plenty of fans of both groups. I wish I could have enjoyed it more but unfortunately I didn't. I'm glad you enjoyed it...I'm not saying your wrong for having a great time. The difference with VH is people wanted to hear the new VH tunes because they are killer......the new Crue tunes suck IMO.

fourthcoming
09-24-2012, 10:14 PM
Next show: Megadeth.....Nov 10 paramount theater......great, small venue......Fraroc....is that where your seeing kansas?

Dave's Bitch
09-25-2012, 04:32 AM
Next show: Megadeth.....Nov 10 paramount theater......great, small venue......Fraroc....is that where your seeing kansas?

Can't tell me your not exited about that,I am exited for you ;)

If it is the same set list they have been playing recently you are in for a good night although a little rearranging and song swapping would be nice.Like Skin o' my teeth to open instead of trust,Swap A Tout Le Monde for Promises,Ditch She-Wolf for Good Mourning/Black Friday or Devil's Island,and play Tornado of Souls.I would love to hear Liar too

anyhow have fun and PM me with a full review :)

binnie
09-25-2012, 05:17 AM
Why Megadeth continue to open with 'Trust' is beyond me......

fourthcoming
09-25-2012, 07:41 AM
Can't tell me your not exited about that,I am exited for you ;)

If it is the same set list they have been playing recently you are in for a good night although a little rearranging and song swapping would be nice.Like Skin o' my teeth to open instead of trust,Swap A Tout Le Monde for Promises,Ditch She-Wolf for Good Mourning/Black Friday or Devil's Island,and play Tornado of Souls.I would love to hear Liar too

anyhow have fun and PM me with a full review :)

Of course I will let you know about the show DB....it would be unconstitutional of me not to. From my understanding, I believe they are playing countdown to Extinction in its entirity.

Dave's Bitch
09-25-2012, 08:17 AM
I heard the same thing yes,That will be awesome.I am looking forward to Architecture of Aggression and Captive Honour.In fact the whole set.I love countdown start to finnish

binnie
09-25-2012, 11:57 AM
'Ashes In Your Mouth'.

FUCKING INCREDIBLE.

vandeleur
09-25-2012, 12:21 PM
Architecture of aggression may be my fav Deth song ...it's up there with peace sells . They would have to dook it out

Seshmeister
09-25-2012, 12:23 PM
But is it as good as Maisonette of mildness?

vandeleur
09-25-2012, 12:24 PM
:lmao:

Dave's Bitch
09-25-2012, 03:11 PM
Thread derailed .My bad :bigwink::bigwink:

fraroc
09-25-2012, 03:33 PM

Yep and I'm really fucking excited for that one!

fourthcoming
09-25-2012, 08:21 PM
That's a great place to see a show.....you must be from the island like myself.....Saw slash there recently.....such a cool venue.

fraroc
09-25-2012, 08:34 PM
That's a great place to see a show.....you must be from the island like myself.....Saw slash there recently.....such a cool venue.

I know, its like a miniature stadium! But I LOVE Westbury Music Fair, I saw Foreigner there a week before Van Halen at MSG. I also love the Jones Beach Bandshell where all the local bands play. I always called it the "Friendlys a Go-Go" XD

VAiN
09-25-2012, 10:35 PM
Unfortunately the venue I was at.....Jones beach....does not serve alcohol! The nerve of them!

Man... I flew up there to see a show a few years back and you have no idea who shocked I was upon learning that... I was literally speechless. No signs, nothing.. I can't believe there aren't warning signs 10 miles before the venue..

fourthcoming
09-25-2012, 11:45 PM
I know, its like a miniature stadium! But I LOVE Westbury Music Fair, I saw Foreigner there a week before Van Halen at MSG. I also love the Jones Beach Bandshell where all the local bands play. I always called it the "Friendlys a Go-Go" XD

Love Westbury.....such a cool, intimate place in the round. Have seen Billy Squier, The Black crowes, the great Louis CK, The great Tony Bennet and Mr. Diamond David Lee Roth there......incredible. Jones beach band shell is cool too.....been there for motown night....good clean fun. I saw Ace frehley at the Bald Hill amphitheater a few weeks ago....another cool place on the island.

78/84 guy
09-29-2012, 02:34 PM

That would be cool...

Nah. Put him in a upright coffin ! It will be good for his back. And if he goes onstage they can just close that fucker up !