• Show
Clear All
  • fraroc
    Commando
    • Jun 2012

I saw Kiss and Motley Crue last night

Two words described the show.

FUCKING AWESOME.

Motley Crue took the stage with a staged satanic ritual which included upside-down crucifixes and hot girls and then all the members of the band appeared on the stage and blasted into "Saints of Los Angeles" and "Shout at the Devil" Their stage act was fucking AWESOME. Hot girls on stage, Laser light shows, Flamethrowers, Fireworks, M-80s exploding with a loud "BANG" in synch with the music....It was a fucking experience, I'll tell you that. Musically, Tommy, Nikki and Mick were all in top form, Sadly I think Vince Neil had a cold or something because his voice cracked three times on stage.
    But one of the most memorable parts of Crue's set was in the middle of the show, all of this Gangsta rap and Dubstep shit began blaring over the PA while Tommy played along to the beat. His drum kit was on a giant circular track, similar to a vertical loop on a roller coaster, and while the Rap music became louder, his drums were litterally rocking back and forth on the track and you heard "SUCK MY MUTHAFUCKIN' DI--" And his drums were suspended upside-down on the track for two minutes while he kept playing! And then after the solo was over, he let a female fan ride the drum-coaster with him! Overall, the entire show was amazing and I would love to see them again!

Kiss was awesome too, I gotta say, Paul Stanley is 60, Gene is 63, they can still put on a killer show! We got the whole experience, fire breathing, blood spitting...EVERYTHING. Musically, Paul Stanley sounded scores better than Vince Neil, Tommy and Eric are both great musicians even though they're not Ace and Peter. (Just once before one of them dies, I'd like to see them back together.) At the rate they're going they sure ain't ready for the afterlife yet! But Theatrically, I'd say that Motley Crue was more impressive. Kiss had the rising drum set and and the pyro, but Motley Crue had flamethrowers, dynamite, lasers, and Tommy's drums on a roller coaster!

Both acts were really good though and I REALLY want to see them again.

However, I almost beat the shit out of some punk that said that yelled "Van Halen Sucks!" during Crue's set (There is always one...:fupunk:.) I'm ashamed to say I didn't.

Up next on the concert agenda for me?

KANSAS
    How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

how was Vince getting around? i guess he tweaked his ankle or something during the first song at the Cleveland stop. a couple guys from work went and said he hobbled through the whole set.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• fraroc
      Commando
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by twonabomber
      how was Vince getting around? i guess he tweaked his ankle or something during the first song at the Cleveland stop. a couple guys from work went and said he hobbled through the whole set.
      Vince moved around ok, but he had a visible cast on his ankle.

Mick Mars was a houseplant on stage. He didn't shout out to the audience or anything, he just stood in one place the entire show. His playing was fucking AMAZING though.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Mars has ankylosing spondylitis, which is a form of arthritis that mainly affects the spine and pelvis...

He said that, over the years, the illness has caused his lower spine to seize up and freeze completely solid...

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by fraroc
          Vince moved around ok, but he had a visible cast on his ankle.

Mick Mars was a houseplant on stage. He didn't shout out to the audience or anything, he just stood in one place the entire show. His playing was fucking AMAZING though.

still makes me sad whenever I think about Mick. Even back in the 80's he wasn't a big stage presence. The other 3 guys were / are all spotlight whores and Mick always was fine kinda standing back in the shadows and doing his job. But he truly is like a zombie now. Like he is stuck on a mannequin post & they wheel him out to his spot to play for the show.

But if he stops playing with the band they might as well wrap it up. Just as it aint Crue without Vince or Tommy, it aint Crue without Mick.

*Motley Crue Theater Of Pain tour - Loudness opening. San Diego Sports Arena. August 25, 1985. MY FIRST CONCERT!
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Saw Crue a few years back and was very, very impressed. Normally I feel that expansive stage shows are more of a 'pop' thing which serves as a substitute for, rather than a complement to, the music, but it wasn't the case with Crue. Not sure how much of it was 'live' and how much was piped in (although Vince was definitely 'singing), but I had a blast nonetheless.
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I have seen so many videos from "The Tour" you would not believe .Both bands have been awesome.I have to say Motley Crue have surprised me.I am a BIG crue fan but I guess I underestimated them on this tour.Vince has not sounded too great,But he has never been that great live so nothing really to complain about.I agree with Sadaist about Mick,Motley Crue are Vince,Nikki,Tommy and Mick.As for Kiss I can say I am not surprised.They always bring the house down live.There stage presence and energy is just fantastic.One of the best things about a Kiss show is being packed in the floor with how ever many thousands of brothers and sisters,Kiss crowds are just awesome

As for beating on a kid who doesn't like Van Halen,Why bother?..No point in messing up a fantastic night over a difference in music taste.Just roll with the punches,Take a ride on the wild side,Rock n Roll all night and part every day
              I really love you baby, I love what you've got
              Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• fraroc
                Commando
                • Jun 2012

Well as long as Mick is still willing to go out there and preform, he's going to be ok

here is a video of the Drum Coaster!

You see, It's not Tommy's skill that makes him impressive. Its his creativity and ingenuity that really makes him one of my favorite drummers. But I'm surprised on how many people hated the Drum Coaster...I understand that the music he's playing to is one of the shittiest music I have ever heard, but the spectacle we got made it so fucking worth it. Some people said that Tommy Lee is a disgrace to rock n' roll, and that they hope he falls from the drum kit and dies. Seriously, you want him to die because of the choice of music he used?

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Tommy's solo on the Red White and Crue tour was MUCH worse. Even his Gen Swine tour solo wasn't that bad.
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

I hate overproduced shit. Tommy. Where's the drumming? I see the roller coaster but where's the fast foot work and drum rolls? Frankly Charlie Watts can smoke this guy with just a simple kit playing inside of Rolling Stones songs. I'm not a fan of drum solos. They put me to sleep. So some cool shit inside of songs. Stewart Copeland never did drum solos but you knew the fucking drummer was there. People know who he is and he never solo wanked on carnival rides.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• fraroc
                      Commando
                      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      I hate overproduced shit. Tommy. Where's the drumming? I see the roller coaster but where's the fast foot work and drum rolls? Frankly Charlie Watts can smoke this guy with just a simple kit playing inside of Rolling Stones songs. I'm not a fan of drum solos. They put me to sleep. So some cool shit inside of songs. Stewart Copeland never did drum solos but you knew the fucking drummer was there. People know who he is and he never solo wanked on carnival rides.
                      Simple, he's not trying to be Alex Van Halen. He's Tommy Lee. "theatrics and debauchery" are his middle names. Like I said, It's not Tommy's skill that impresses me, but his ingenuity and crazy ideas.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

I like Motley but Vince Neils voice just sucks live..

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by fraroc
                          Like I said, It's not Tommy's skill that impresses me, but his ingenuity and crazy ideas.

He has a rather large penis too.
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

OK....taking the fan on a ride with the drums was pretty fucking kick ass. How fun would that be? LOL! Lucky motherfucker.

Comment

• fraroc
                              Commando
                              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by sadaist
                              He has a rather large penis too.
                              And that.

Comment

Working...