PDA

View Full Version : Obama: Does Romney want ‘to start another war’ in Middle East?

Nickdfresh
09-24-2012, 04:42 AM
President Barack Obama hit back hard in a "60 Minutes" interview broadcast Sunday at Mitt Romney's criticisms of his handling of Syria and Iran, saying that if the Republican standard-bearer "is suggesting that we should start another war, he should say so."

Obama also brushed aside talk that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has been pressuring him to take a harder line on Iran's suspicious nuclear program — source of some of Romney's sharpest campaign-trail criticisms.

"When it comes to our national security decisions-- any pressure that I feel is simply to do what's right for the American people. And I am going to block out any noise that's out there," the president said.

"Now I feel an obligation -- not pressure but obligation -- to make sure that we're in close consultation with the Israelis-- on these issues, because it affects them deeply," Obama said. "They're one of our closest allies in the region. And we've got an Iranian regime that has said horrible things that directly threaten Israel's existence."

Romney has accused Obama of not doing enough to curb Iran's nuclear program, which Tehran says is a civilian energy program but America and its allies say is an effort to develop the ability to build a nuclear weapon. He has also charged that the president has done too little to help rebels against Syrian strongman Bashar al-Assad topple his regime as the civil war there has left perhaps as many as 20,000 dead.

Asked about those criticisms, Obama bristled.

"Let's see what I've done since I came into office: I said I'd end the war in Iraq. I did. I said that we'd go after Al Qaeda. They've been decimated in the FATA," he said, referring to Pakistan's Federally Administered Tribal Areas, along the remote border with Afghanistan. "That we'd go after bin Laden. He's gone. So I've executed on my foreign policy. And it's one that the American people largely agree with."

"So if Governor Romney is suggesting that we should start another war, he should say so," Obama said. That remark echoed suggestions from some of the president's advisers that Romney relies on so-called "neoconservative" advisers like those who championed the war in Iraq under President George W. Bush.

The interview — and a companion question-and-answer session with Romney — ran as Obama was poised to head to New York on Monday for the annual U.N. General Assembly, a brief pirouette on the world stage before he heads back out on the campaign trail. He will address the U.N. on Tuesday — exactly six weeks before Election Day — and then head out to the pivotal battleground of Ohio a day later.

The president won't hold separate meetings with any key world leaders, citing scheduling concerns. But Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama have found time to sit down Monday with the ladies of "The View" to tape an interview.

(White House aides did not rule out that the president could have "pull-aside" discussions with world leaders. It's just what it sounds like: The president pull aside another head of state or government on the margins of a U.N. meeting for a quick chat.)

Last year, Obama used his general assembly speech to rebuke the Palestinians for trying to get the world body to essentially grant the status of a state. This year, the president is expected to blend a full-throated defense of his handling of foreign policy with a new warning to Iran. And he is expected to address the violent turmoil in the Middle East, notably in countries that saw the so-called "Arab Spring" uprisings sweep away longstanding authoritarian regimes.

"There are going to be bumps in the road," he said "There are strains of extremism, and anti-Americanism, and anti-Western sentiments." "There will probably be some times where we bump up against some of these countries and have strong disagreements, but I do think that over the long term we are more likely to get a Middle East and North Africa that is more peaceful, more prosperous and more aligned with our interests," he said. (After the interview, both the Romney campaign and the Republican National Committee mocked Obama's use of "bumps in the road" in connection to the unrest).

Obama tends to get higher marks from the American public on foreign policy than on other issues — notably, the economy, which is the dominant issue on voters' minds. But he has seen his advantage over Romney shrink somewhat.

For his part, Romney has struggled to level more than rhetorical criticisms of Obama's foreign policy — sometimes sounding like he'd rather take on the Obama of 2008, who pledged to hold talks with leaders of Iran without preconditions, than the Obama of 2012, who has sharply escalated economic sanctions on the Islamic republic and reportedly unleashed unprecedented cyberwarfare to derail its nuclear program.

Still, the incumbent faces a dismaying number of foreign policy problems.

Bombings regularly rock Iraq, where the war isn't over — America is just not as involved. And it seems like each week brings a new report of Afghan security forces killing their NATO and American counterparts. Iran defies international pressure to halt its suspect nuclear program, while civil war rages in Syria. Russia has moved to expel American aid workers. Violent protests have struck U.S. diplomatic posts in the Muslim world, and extremists who have yet to be formally identified stormed the consulate in Benghazi and killed the American ambassador — marking the anniversary of 9-11 with a terrorist attack. China's territorial disputes with some of its neighbors have escalated.

Yahoo.com (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-does-romney-want-start-another-war-middle-014855301--election.html)

Nitro Express
09-24-2012, 04:48 AM
You still don't blow the president of Israel off when he wants to talk to you. Especially, when he is threatening to attack Iran on his own and the middle east is destabilizing. Obama looks aloof. He looks like Geroge W. Bush actually. At least with Bush we knew Dick Chenney was the real president. With Obama it's not so clear. Who's the master of this puppet? Probably several who are constantly backstabbing and fighting with each other.

The Democrats are still stuck in the 60's and 70's. I heard all this panic about starting a war when Reagan ran. Well Obama had four years to pull the troops out. He finally decided to start the process to get re-elected. If he wins again, they won't come home. They will go to Libya.

Nickdfresh
09-24-2012, 04:52 AM
You still don't blow the president of Israel off when he wants to talk to you. ...

Fuck the president of Israel, he's an asshole and even many former members of his gov't are saying he's playing a foolish game with the US and Iran...

Nickdfresh
09-24-2012, 04:55 AM
You still don't blow the president of Israel off when he wants to talk to you. Especially, when he is threatening to attack Iran on his own and the middle east is destabilizing. Obama looks aloof. He looks like Geroge W. Bush actually. At least with Bush we knew Dick Chenney was the real president. With Obama it's not so clear. Who's the master of this puppet? Probably several who are constantly backstabbing and fighting with each other.

The Democrats are still stuck in the 60's and 70's. I heard all this panic about starting a war when Reagan ran. Well Obama had four years to pull the troops out. He finally decided to start the process to get re-elected. If he wins again, they won't come home. They will go to Libya.

You clearly have no idea of what you are talking about and just shit your "facts" all over the internet. You heard this "panic?" Actually, Reagan's rhetoric almost DID help start a war with very paranoid old Soviets. You recall the last Admin, we sort of did get in two wars with one being unnecessary. Idiots like you should just admit they're going to support Romney no matter what, don't bother us with fake, emotive logic...

Internet lying cunt!

Hardrock69
09-24-2012, 05:34 AM
Well Obama had four years to pull the troops out. He finally decided to start the process to get re-elected. If he wins again, they won't come home. They will go to Libya.

Any plans for Iraq were in place before Obama even ran for president.
What....do you want our soldiers to stay in Iraq and Assrammistan permanently? Would you rather Obama kept them there? Fighting a war we have no business fighting?

And Libya? We are not sending soldiers to Libya....where did you come up with that silly notion?

Obama may look aloof....but there is much going on behind the scenes that the public never hears about.

Or did you think for some reason Obama is supposed to publish a daily report of everything he does? :hee:

FORD
09-24-2012, 05:37 AM
The same treasonous Likud blowing PNAC'ers who got us stuck in Iraq and Afghanistan are the ones writing Mittens foreign policy positions, and Sheldon Adelson, who is bankrolling his campaign is also a bigtime whore for NuttyYahoo's paranoid extremism over Iran.

World War III is a guarantee with Mittens & Munster.

Hardrock69
09-24-2012, 05:51 AM
Just one more reason why he will not get elected.

Obama's statement was rhetorical in a way, but it served a purpose. It calls Mittens out.......so he wants another war in the Middle East, eh?

That statement alone will catch the attention of a LOT of voters. Many Republicans want our troops to come home, and do NOT want another war.

So not only will that statement catch the attenton of the voters, it will be a topic of many arguments within the Mittens camp......sure, he has Hawks as advisors....but there are going to be a lot of Republicans that are already tired of us being at "war" for 11 fucking years now.......

Obama knew what he was saying, and he knew the repercussions.........

Mittens may as well throw in the towel....

Seshmeister
09-24-2012, 06:10 AM
You clearly have no idea of what you are talking about and just shit your "facts" all over the internet. You heard this "panic?" Actually, Reagan's rhetoric almost DID help start a war with very paranoid old Soviets.

It's not an exaggeration to say that fucking moron Reagan nearly got us all wiped out in 1983.

https://www.cia.gov/library/center-for-the-study-of-intelligence/csi-publications/books-and-monographs/a-cold-war-conundrum/source.htm#HEADING1-14

Nitro Express
09-24-2012, 06:16 AM
The same treasonous Likud blowing PNAC'ers who got us stuck in Iraq and Afghanistan are the ones writing Mittens foreign policy positions, and Sheldon Adelson, who is bankrolling his campaign is also a bigtime whore for NuttyYahoo's paranoid extremism over Iran.

World War III is a guarantee with Mittens & Munster.

LOL! Well fuck it. What's worth saving anyways?

Nitro Express
09-24-2012, 06:30 AM
You clearly have no idea of what you are talking about and just shit your "facts" all over the internet. You heard this "panic?" Actually, Reagan's rhetoric almost DID help start a war with very paranoid old Soviets. You recall the last Admin, we sort of did get in two wars with one being unnecessary. Idiots like you should just admit they're going to support Romney no matter what, don't bother us with fake, emotive logic...

Internet lying cunt!

This isn't even about issues. It's the same old tired partisan rhetoric I've heard my whole life. The Republicans are are going to destroy the planet. I've heard it since the 70's. The thing is, when the Democrats get in power they fix nothing and then blame it on the Republicans.

Same old tired shit. Meanwhile nobody curves the spending and nobody seems to care as long as their kitty gets a taste. In reality is, I don't want Romney to win because my government subsistence is guaranteed under Obama. There's an old saying. Conservatives believe and liberals lie. Obama turned out to be Bush on steroids and broke most his campaign promises but hey that doesn't matter because he's one of us.

ELVIS
09-24-2012, 06:57 AM
obama may look aloof....but there is much going on behind the scenes that the public never hears about.

:hee:

lmao !!

Nitro Express
09-24-2012, 07:11 AM
lmao !!

Keep everything the same and make Obama a Republican and they would hate him. Hell if Bush was a Democrat they would love him. This is no deeper than cheering on the partisan team.

ELVIS
09-24-2012, 07:28 AM
That's right...

But I think Bush is a more honest man than Obama...

BigBadBrian
09-24-2012, 07:45 AM
Fuck the president of Israel, he's an asshole and even many former members of his gov't are saying he's playing a foolish game with the US and Iran...

So goes foreign policy of the Democrats. No wonder we had warning and al-qaeda still managed to hoist their flag at an American embassy. :gulp:

BigBadBrian
09-24-2012, 07:46 AM

Internet lying cunt!

Nick, Nitro just owned your ass big-time. Try to chill and debate logically for once. :gulp:

BigBadBrian
09-24-2012, 07:49 AM
Any plans for Iraq were in place before Obama even ran for president.
What....do you want our soldiers to stay in Iraq and Assrammistan permanently? Would you rather Obama kept them there? Fighting a war we have no business fighting?

War with Iraq was a certainty regardless who was President. It was just a matter of time. I don't agree, however, with how the war there was prosecuted.

BigBadBrian
09-24-2012, 07:50 AM
Or did you think for some reason Obama is supposed to publish a daily report of everything he does?

No, he can give me a call and brief me in person. :gulp:

Va Beach VH Fan
09-24-2012, 08:56 AM
Here's the vid, btw....

<div style='text-align:center'>
<object width='560' height='345' id='FiveminPlayer' classid='clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000'>
<param name='allowfullscreen' value='true'/>
<param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always'/>
<param name='movie' value='http://embed.5min.com/517487451/'/>
<param name='wmode' value='opaque' />
<embed name='FiveminPlayer' src='http://embed.5min.com/517487451/' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='560' height='345' allowfullscreen='true' allowScriptAccess='always' wmode='opaque'>
</embed>
</object>
<br/>
</div>

jhale667
09-24-2012, 11:07 AM
That's right...

More reasons why you're not paid to think.

jhale667
09-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Nick, Nitro just owned your ass big-time. Try to chill and debate logically for once. :gulp:

"Owned" Nick? How, by spewing tired rhetoric that we all know isn't true? If you believe that, YOU're ready to star in an episode of "dispatches from the bubble".

MUSICMANN
09-24-2012, 11:11 AM
It's not an exaggeration to say that fucking moron Reagan nearly got us all wiped out in 1983.

https://www.cia.gov/library/center-for-the-study-of-intelligence/csi-publications/books-and-monographs/a-cold-war-conundrum/source.htm#HEADING1-14

I guess Russian missiles pointing at us from Cuba on JFK's watch and barely escaping from starting WWIII was just fine and dandy.

jhale667
09-24-2012, 11:15 AM
The burning question, based on the rambling hate-filled incoherece of his recent posts is: Is Mullet - I mean MusicMann - drunk yet?

FORD
09-24-2012, 12:20 PM
I guess Russian missiles pointing at us from Cuba on JFK's watch and barely escaping from starting WWIII was just fine and dandy.

Reagan or Chimpy wouldn't have escaped at all. Hell, Chimpy would have told Kruschev to "bring it on".

Reagan probably would have taken a nap while the missiles were launching and the planet was blowing up.

MUSICMANN
09-24-2012, 12:53 PM
Reagan or Chimpy wouldn't have escaped at all. Hell, Chimpy would have told Kruschev to "bring it on".

Reagan probably would have taken a nap while the missiles were launching and the planet was blowing up.

The real problem we have is we will be letting a nutbag like this walk on US soil after he has basically called out the US. By having a appeasing demeanor with the middle east, Obama has made us look weak and has put Israel in a horrible situation.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/09/24/ahmadinejad-says-israel-has-no-roots-in-middle-east/

FORD
09-24-2012, 01:11 PM
How much is Sheldon Adelson paying YOU to post this hysterical distorted bullshit?

Ahmadinnerjacket is a cartoonish figurehead. He doesn't run shit.

ZahZoo
09-24-2012, 01:15 PM
All the past crap aside... I think it's time we finish up our business in Afghanistan as quickly as feasible. Bring home our troops... then stand down the whole war machine unless the US is directly attacked.

If we're going to assist any "alleged" allies... they can hire us as sub-contractors and pay COD (Cash on Deployment). If they can't afford the best in the world... then they can get their broke asses to a negotiating table and solve their issues on their own.

I'm sick and tired of my hard earned money providing military support to a bunch of heathens that could give a shit for me, my family and generally hate our country.

Nothing that happens in Israel, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Libya, Egypt, Syria, etc... has any direct effect on my life sitting right here. None of them put Cherrios in my bowl... Whatever happens today, tomorrow or in the next 5 years has no bearing on life here. They want to kill each other or their neighbors... let em have at it. Just keep it on their side of the pond.

Nickdfresh
09-24-2012, 02:22 PM
So goes foreign policy of the Democrats. No wonder we had warning and al-qaeda still managed to hoist their flag at an American embassy. :gulp:

That's complete shit and you know it. There was no specific "warning" with actionable intelligence. What is al Qaida's flag? I doubt they had much to do with 'al Qaida' anyways and the attack alienated the extremists from the Libyan masses...

Nickdfresh
09-24-2012, 02:25 PM

Fuck yourself. WTF would you know about 'logical debate' when two-thirds of your posts are ad hominem bullshit? And Nitrous Oxide couldn't own my cat with his spew of cliches and boring rambles...

DLR Bridge
09-24-2012, 02:26 PM
All the past crap aside... I think it's time we finish up our business in Afghanistan as quickly as feasible. Bring home our troops... then stand down the whole war machine unless the US is directly attacked.

Here fucking here!

Nickdfresh
09-24-2012, 02:29 PM
War with Iraq was a certainty regardless who was President. It was just a matter of time. I don't agree, however, with how the war there was prosecuted.

Another complete horseshit fantasy-myth of yours you keep peddling here and one of the main reasons why Iran in still in a position of power as it has joyfully benefited by our toppling of Saddam and now has significant influence, to say the least, in the Iraq Shiite militia gov't...

Nickdfresh
09-24-2012, 02:33 PM
The real problem we have is we will be letting a nutbag like this walk on US soil after he has basically called out the US. By having a appeasing demeanor with the middle east, Obama has made us look weak and has put Israel in a horrible situation.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/09/24/ahmadinejad-says-israel-has-no-roots-in-middle-east/

No, um Obama is still cleaning up a situation of chaos created by Bush, where he made us look "weak" in Iraq and strengthened the Iranian mullahs and Rev Guards...

Va Beach VH Fan
09-24-2012, 03:03 PM
"So if Governor Romney is suggesting that we should start another war, he should say so," Obama said.

And if he REALLY believes in yet another war, he should send his five fucking sons off to fight.....

DLR Bridge
09-24-2012, 03:14 PM
And if he REALLY believes in yet another war, he should send his five fucking sons off to fight.....

See post #29

Va Beach VH Fan
09-24-2012, 03:39 PM
See post #29

Tired of these fucking war mongers sending troops off to fight and die in wars that they personally don't want any part of....

jhale667
09-24-2012, 04:20 PM
No, um Obama is still cleaning up a situation of chaos created by Bush, where he made us look "weak" in Iraq and strengthened the Iranian mullahs and Rev Guards...

I think the real trick from now on is to find one of this dude's posts that ISN'T some insane bullshit long-debunked talking point... he's officially more deranged than Brie or Eldouchebagis, and that's saying something...

Hardrock69
09-24-2012, 07:46 PM
That's right...

:lmao:

Really? Honest enough to murder thousands of our own troops?

Honest enough to go to war based on lies? And make the taxpayers pay for it?

Honest enough that the balanced budget we HAD under Clinton disappeared and caused our country to go massively in debt?

And those are only a FEW of the things that dictate how Chimpy is anything BUT honest.

BigBadBrian
09-25-2012, 07:57 PM
That's complete shit and you know it. There was no specific "warning" with actionable intelligence.

With the Obama Administration, you don't know how true that is! :lmao: But yes, we were warned.

What is al Qaida's flag? I doubt they had much to do with 'al Qaida' anyways and the attack alienated the extremists from the Libyan masses...

Where in the hell do you think al-queda recruits from, besides the DNC? Of course they recruit from the Libyan masses. Who in the hell do you think Quadaffi's Opposition came from?

BigBadBrian
09-25-2012, 08:00 PM
Tired of these fucking war mongers sending troops off to fight and die in wars that they personally don't want any part of....

Sorry, but that is illogical. You ELECT them to make the big decisions like that.

jhale667
09-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Sorry, but that is illogical. You ELECT them to make the big decisions like that.

No one "elected" Chimpy McBush to lie us into a war, stupid.

FORD
09-25-2012, 08:03 PM

The guy who started the last two wars was never ELECTED.

BigBadBrian
09-25-2012, 08:04 PM

http://www.marystustavern.com/notThisShitAgain.gif

Prove he wasn't.

jhale667
09-25-2012, 08:06 PM
It's a FACT he lied his way into a war...

FORD
09-25-2012, 08:26 PM
http://www.marystustavern.com/notThisShitAgain.gif

Prove he wasn't.

http://www.consortiumnews.com/2001/111201a.html

Nickdfresh
09-25-2012, 08:45 PM
With the Obama Administration, you don't know how true that is! :lmao: But yes, we were warned.

Then post the specific warning regarding a Libyan embassy attack!

Where in the hell do you think al-queda recruits from, besides the DNC? Of course they recruit from the Libyan masses. Who in the hell do you think Quadaffi's Opposition came from?

Who were the al Qaida that recruited them? BTW, with their xenophobic religious zealotry, they might recruit from factions to religious fundamentalist fucktards in the GOP...

Va Beach VH Fan
09-25-2012, 09:55 PM

Perhaps, but my point is that if the people making those decisions, or in campaign-ese proposing military action, had a dog in the fight they would think twice (or more) about deploying military forces...

Is it just a coincidence that it's been 20 years since a President of the United States has ever served on Active Duty in the U.S. Military?

We've gotten too damn comfortable with using the same 1% over and over and over and over again....

Out of sight, out of mind....

'Cause one thing's for sure, it most likely ain't gonna be kids of those who make those decisions who will ever sniff a military uniform....

Seshmeister
09-26-2012, 05:00 AM

I'm afraid whether you like it or not it's undeniable he won in 2004 after starting the wars.

FORD
09-26-2012, 06:06 AM
I'm afraid whether you like it or not it's undeniable he won in 2004 after starting the wars.

Well, Ohio was blatantly stolen through Diebold fraud, and probably other states too.

But the DLC false "democrats" made it far too easy for Chimpy when they declared Judas IsKerryot the "nominee" after 2 lousy insignificant states, ensuring the weakest possible candidate would face the warmongering illegitimate imbecile.

Nitro Express
09-26-2012, 06:15 AM
The DieBold machines actually have their votes tallied electronically over in Switzerland. The Supreme Court ruling unlimited corporate spending on campaigns opens the door to foreign countries buying campaigns. When Bush was running for his second term I actually had a calling center in India call me asking for donations to the Bush/Cheney campaign. This shit needs to stop.

Thomas Jefferson once said if the government no longer serves the people it's the people's duty to overthrow the government. It sounds radical as hell but it's probably where it's going. More of this multi-corporate shit bullying the citizens away from the political and election process will ruin the whole system beyond the point of it having any usefulness.

Nitro Express
09-26-2012, 06:22 AM
It's a FACT he lied his way into a war...

Yup. McNamara even admitted Vietnam was started on a lie. So we got one wall covered in names killed because of a lie. The second one to be built in the future. What the assholes figured out is they can get away with war if there is no draft. Sometimes I feel college tuition was intentionally driven up to drive people to join the National Guard and military to pay for college. Then they send you to war. With weapons like drones they can dehumanize war even more. What eliminates war is the citizens not being willing to pay the cost of war. Once you make war impersonal, it can go on forever.

Nitro Express
09-26-2012, 06:25 AM
Perhaps, but my point is that if the people making those decisions, or in campaign-ese proposing military action, had a dog in the fight they would think twice (or more) about deploying military forces...

Is it just a coincidence that it's been 20 years since a President of the United States has ever served on Active Duty in the U.S. Military?

We've gotten too damn comfortable with using the same 1% over and over and over and over again....

Out of sight, out of mind....

'Cause one thing's for sure, it most likely ain't gonna be kids of those who make those decisions who will ever sniff a military uniform....

I think John McCain would have been a horrible president. Bush Sr. was a veteran and he did a lot of damage to the country. He outsourced the jobs away. Hell, Adolf Hitler was a veteran. That didn't stop him from starting wars.

Seshmeister
09-26-2012, 06:25 AM
The slaver Thomas Jefferson lived hundreds of years ago before electricity or modern warfare.

Nitro Express
09-26-2012, 06:30 AM
The slaver Thomas Jefferson lived hundreds of years ago before electricity or modern warfare.

Actually I was watching a program on the American Revolution and Jefferson wanted to end slavery. The problem is too many in the continental congress didn't want to end it. So they kicked the can down the road. Human nature and greed haven't changed. Much of Jeffeson's writings deal with these issues which frankly are timeless.

Seshmeister
09-26-2012, 06:36 AM
If Americans spent more time looking forward than back their government might work better.

The US constitution was brilliant at the time but now not surprisingly it's outdated so not working and being abused.

Constantly putting the 'founding fathers' on pedestals like demigods gives great power to the people who like it that way.

Nitro Express
09-26-2012, 06:41 AM
You must be King George III reincarnated.

ZahZoo
09-26-2012, 10:29 AM
If Americans spent more time looking forward than back their government might work better.

The US constitution was brilliant at the time but now not surprisingly it's outdated so not working and being abused.

Constantly putting the 'founding fathers' on pedestals like demigods gives great power to the people who like it that way.

I don't know Sesh... outside of history classes in schools most of us here don't spend much brain time on the founding fathers. I'm guessing something similar could be said of the British Monarchy.

But your point on dwelling on the past had me thinking recently... This whole issue of US support for Israel. A huge basis for this support is due to what Germany did in World War II and how the world responded in the aftermath. Clearly nothing that should be forgotten...

But on the other hand... time has marched onward. The threat imposed from World War II has pretty much subsided and the Israelis have returned to the fight amongst their neighbors that has gone on the last 3000 years. The generation that fought in WWII are quickly passing and the immediate generation post WWII is currently running the world... At some point they will be stepping down to the generation that doesn't have deeply embedded memories of that period.

Point is... at what point do we quit paying homage to WWII and offering unilateral support for Israel just because it was right 60 years ago? Sure... their neighbors all want to be rid of them, but on the other hand Israel isn't exactly doing things to promote peace either... more often just the opposite. At some point I figure my generation may say enough bullshit with you heathens in the middle east... I'm thinking that time is approaching rapidly.

Seshmeister
09-26-2012, 12:31 PM
Personally I think we should have stopped supporting Israel in 1948 when they committed genocide against the local population.

As an aside and not that it matters but I noticed a cooling even in Dave Roth's support for Israel in the last 20 years - I think he's been doing some reading...

Seshmeister
09-26-2012, 12:34 PM
You must be King George III reincarnated.

The British that even know who he was think he was an idiotic cunt and his son worse.

That's kind of the point I was trying to make.

vandeleur
09-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Monarchy .. It's like what Eddie izzard said because its a bad idea when cousins marry :D

Seshmeister
09-26-2012, 12:54 PM
Like a British version of the Kardashians.

I don't see the point and have better things to do but it seems to be popular enough with the kind of people I don't hang around with.

binnie
09-26-2012, 02:58 PM
The British that even know who he was think he was an idiotic cunt and his son worse.

That's kind of the point I was trying to make.

Most British people don't know anything about the Georgians.

Seshmeister
09-26-2012, 03:04 PM
I saw a poll once that showed 40% of British didn't know who the Prime Minister was.

This was 8 years into Thatchers premiership...

binnie
09-26-2012, 03:31 PM
I saw a poll once that showed 40% of British didn't know who the Prime Minister was.

This was 8 years into Thatchers premiership...

Well, I'm not sure how accurate most polls are. That being said, I'm always surprised by how few people can identify most of the cabinet. I don't consider myself to be an ardent follower of politics - its too damn depressing - but I do feel duty bound to keep abreast of things.

(There was a poll last year, I think, where a very significant percentage didn't know who Nick Clegg or Vince Cable were).

MUSICMANN
09-26-2012, 03:55 PM
Well, I'm not sure how accurate most polls are. That being said, I'm always surprised by how few people can identify most of the cabinet. I don't consider myself to be an ardent follower of politics - its too damn depressing - but I do feel duty bound to keep abreast of things.

(There was a poll last year, I think, where a very significant percentage didn't know who Nick Clegg or Vince Cable were).

Stupid is as stupid does.

Nickdfresh
09-26-2012, 06:25 PM
Personally I think we should have stopped supporting Israel in 1948 when they committed genocide against the local population.

As an aside and not that it matters but I noticed a cooling even in Dave Roth's support for Israel in the last 20 years - I think he's been doing some reading...

I'm not a fan of the Israeli gov't, but I think "genocide" is a bit harsh and a misnomer, "ethnic cleansing," maybe...

hambon4lif
09-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Stupid is as stupid does.:thumb:

Seshmeister
09-27-2012, 04:45 AM
I'm not a fan of the Israeli gov't, but I think "genocide" is a bit harsh and a misnomer, "ethnic cleansing," maybe...

I really don't like the term 'ethnic cleansing'.

Not only is it a euphemism like calling
Auschwitz a 'transit camp' it's also offensive because it implies that the race in question is 'unclean'.

Maybe the scale of the massacres of innocent unarmed men, women and children based merely on their race being in the high hundreds or low thousands means we can't use the word genocide but plain murder doesn't seem strong enough.

ELVIS
09-27-2012, 07:10 AM
Terms don't matter these days...

Young people can't read or write for shite...

Angel
09-27-2012, 09:54 AM

That's the truth! A young girl I know who was an "A" student in high school was failing her English 100 class. I offered to look over a paper for her. It was brutal! She actually had the word "like" in it! As in, "it was like a really bad book". I told her to go to the writing lab because she needed more help than I had time to give.

My son's a good writer, but I always went over his papers and insisted he re-write them using proper grammar and spelling. I was appalled to learn that if it wasn't an English class, grammar and spelling didn't matter. To hell with that noise!!!

ELVIS
09-27-2012, 10:51 AM
Like OMG !!

LOL

ZahZoo
09-27-2012, 11:53 AM
One of my kids criticized me on my texting style... "no wonder you hate texting... you type all formal and stuff"... my response. Do you ever have to guess about what my messages say? Answer... "Well heck no!!" End of discussion.

Nickdfresh
09-27-2012, 12:29 PM
I really don't like the term 'ethnic cleansing'.

Not only is it a euphemism like calling
Auschwitz a 'transit camp' it's also offensive because it implies that the race in question is 'unclean'.

Maybe the scale of the massacres of innocent unarmed men, women and children based merely on their race being in the high hundreds or low thousands means we can't use the word genocide but plain murder doesn't seem strong enough.

I think the German Nazi regime used the term "evacuation" for the Holocaust. I didn't make up the term, and like it or not it is accepted by the world bodies that are concerned with this sort of thing. Even the term "genocide" has been discussed as not always and appropriate designation of mass killings, such as those that Stalin carried out that had little concern for race, ethnic origin or birth-religion. I believe the term "democide" is used for mass killings committed for other than nationalist or ethnic reasons.

In any case, the Israelis essentially forced people out of their homes and off their land through the use of terror by both threat and action with massacres and artillery. It should be noted that the Arabs and Palestinians weren't exactly innocent in that respect either...

binnie
09-27-2012, 02:47 PM

'Can't read of write for shite' is hardly the height of eloquence, Elvis :D

ELVIS
09-27-2012, 03:08 PM
That's hardly the point...

binnie
09-27-2012, 03:20 PM
It is: accusing someone of being unable to read or write in that kind of language is painfully ironic.

BigBadBrian
09-27-2012, 03:22 PM
That's hardly the point...

That's EXACTLY the point. :lmao:

jhale667
09-27-2012, 04:26 PM
That's the truth! A young girl I know who was an "A" student in high school was failing her English 100 class. I offered to look over a paper for her. It was brutal! She actually had the word "like" in it! As in, "it was like a really bad book". I told her to go to the writing lab because she needed more help than I had time to give.

My son's a good writer, but I always went over his papers and insisted he re-write them using proper grammar and spelling. I was appalled to learn that if it wasn't an English class, grammar and spelling didn't matter. To hell with that noise!!!

The one that pisses me of the most is excusing the misuse of "your" and "you're" - they're NOT interchangeable, and some twit had the audacity to try to tell me "it's slang". Bullshit, you'RE ignorant and lazy!

DLR Bridge
09-27-2012, 04:54 PM
The one that pisses me of the most is excusing the misuse of "your" and "you're" - they're NOT interchangeable, and some twit had the audacity to try to tell me "it's slang". Bullshit, you'RE ignorant and lazy!

I've booted the use of your a few times from typing fast. I'm not as dumb as I look. Really.

jhale667
09-27-2012, 05:16 PM
I've booted the use of your a few times from typing fast. I'm not as dumb as I look. Really.

:biggrin:

hambon4lif
09-27-2012, 05:36 PM
The one that pisses me of the most is excusing the misuse of "your" and "you're" - they're NOT interchangeable, and some twit had the audacity to try to tell me "it's slang". Bullshit, you'RE ignorant and lazy!The "your/you're" thing was the #1 thing that really use to piss me off....until recently.

I've been dating a chick that sends texts that only say "K".
When "o.k." has to be fucking abbreviated, laziness has been taken to a brand new low.

I can't decide if I want to break things off with her or stick it in her lazy ass.

PETE'S BROTHER
09-27-2012, 05:38 PM
The "your/you're" thing was the #1 thing that really use to piss me off....until recently.

When "o.k." has to be fucking abbreviated, laziness has been taken to a brand new low.

I can't decide if I want to break things off with her or stick it in her lazy ass.

both?

clarathecarrot
09-27-2012, 05:47 PM
The "your/you're" thing was the #1 thing that really use to piss me off....until recently.

It, is more than likely, "you are" a lazy cunt.

jhale667
09-27-2012, 05:47 PM

To quote Steel Panther "Hit her in the shitter, treat her like a critter - screw her poopy tube." :lmao:

hambon4lif
09-27-2012, 06:10 PM
It, is more than likely, "you are" a lazy cunt.That's highly unlikely. People who bury their face in a gas can getting the spins all day are the very definition of a 'lazy cunt'.:thumb:

clarathecarrot
09-27-2012, 06:49 PM
That's highly unlikely. People who bury their face in a gas can getting the spins all day are the very definition of a 'lazy cunt'.:thumb:

It, is even more than likely, that you should hold onto this filthy skank and be thankfull you found a woman to suffer your horrible assinine face.

splel chech that!

Douche

hambon4lif
09-27-2012, 06:56 PM
It, is even more than likely, that you should hold onto this filthy skank and be thankfull you found a woman to suffer your horrible assinine face.

splel chech that!

DoucheEven more likely than that, is I could introduce you two dumbfucks and let the both of you spin off into the sunset together.

She probably can't spell 'asinine' either.:thumb:

clarathecarrot
09-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Even more likely than that, is I could introduce you two dumbfucks and let the both of you spin off into the sunset together.

She probably can't spell 'asinine' either.:thumb:

I have already had her more, than likely, if she is available for a wasted shell looser like you.

Double your rubber fag stick.

I gave her every vile disease your sister gave me.

clarathecarrot
09-27-2012, 07:06 PM
How is my sister ..?

I still have my sisters Valtrex and Pen VK script here that was supposed to be delivered to, "her place" for you and her.

$39.95 send her by to pick it up you will need it.

hambon4lif
09-27-2012, 07:17 PM
I still have my sisters Valtrex and Pen VK script hereEveryone already knows that was an 'inside job'. You stole it off of her night stand after you fucked her.

'Uncle Daddy Thome'

.....those poor kids are fucked-up for life.

Nickdfresh
09-27-2012, 07:48 PM

At least the broad should say "'kay."...

Nickdfresh
09-27-2012, 07:58 PM

splel chech that!

Douche

Well, some trailer dweller is jealous!

Nickdfresh
09-27-2012, 07:59 PM
I have already had her more, than likely, if she is available for a wasted shell looser like you.

Double your rubber fag stick.

I gave her every vile disease your sister gave me.

LOL You haven't had pussy since your mother dropped you out in the prison hospital...

clarathecarrot
09-27-2012, 08:18 PM
Everyone already knows that was an 'inside job'. You stole it off of her night stand after you fucked her.

'Uncle Daddy Thome'

.....those poor kids are fucked-up for life.

So you are sucking my, "HUGE MAN COCK" by proxy........your're welcome.

That's makes you, my bitch.

Call me Daddy.

clarathecarrot
09-27-2012, 08:22 PM
LOL You haven't had pussy since your mother dropped you out in the prison hospital...

I called Vegas for the over/under on how long till you start crying and send my posts to a place of honor.

Similar to the over/under I gave your mom when I was in highschool...again sorry about that you need to get over/under it .

Mod of the century that you are.

Nickdfresh
09-27-2012, 08:25 PM
I called Vegas for the over/under on how long till you start crying and send my posts to a place of honor.

Similar to the over/under I gave your mom when I was in highschool...again sorry about that you need to get over/under it .

Mod of the century that you are.

I call bullshit, my mom has a vagina and you've never touched one!

Nickdfresh
09-27-2012, 08:25 PM
Dupe...

jhale667
09-27-2012, 08:30 PM

:lol:

clarathecarrot
09-27-2012, 08:46 PM
:muahaha:muahaha
Doof...

That's you, a doof.

:pwned:
I call bullshit, my mom has a vagina and you've never touched one!

You bet she does and it was fast and nasty like mom vagina, should be

clarathecarrot
09-27-2012, 08:47 PM
:lol:

That's not, lol, you are just a kiss ass.

Nickdfresh
09-27-2012, 08:48 PM
That's you, a doof.

You bet she does and it was fast and nasty like mom vagina, should be.

EEEEUUUUGGGHHH! Are you talking about your mom's vagina? :uck:

jhale667
09-27-2012, 08:55 PM
That's not, lol, you are just a kiss ass.

Keep telling yourself that. If you posted something remotely funny, I might laugh...it's just that you don't... ever.... :biggrin:

clarathecarrot
09-27-2012, 08:55 PM
EEEEUUUUGGGHHH! Are you talking about my mom's vagina? :uck:

No, you are.

NickMomPsyop thread coming up....

Nickdfresh
09-27-2012, 09:15 PM
No, you are.

NickMomPsyop thread coming up....

Oh God, NO!!!!

Little Texan
09-27-2012, 10:34 PM

jhale667
09-27-2012, 10:40 PM
"Uh...thanks SLJ...." :lmao:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/Obama-Laughing.jpg

FORD
09-27-2012, 10:51 PM
OK, despite my own lack of enthusiasm about Obama, I have to admit that's one of the best fucking political ads I've ever seen. Of course the very things that make it good will keep off of TV.... that's the down side.

jhale667
09-28-2012, 12:18 AM
OK, despite my own lack of enthusiasm about Obama, I have to admit that's one of the best fucking political ads I've ever seen. Of course the very things that make it good will keep off of TV.... that's the down side.

I think the plan is more for it to go viral..which it already has...