VW/RUSH Commercial: Best TV Ad For This (Or Any Other Year)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

VW/RUSH Commercial: Best TV Ad For This (Or Any Other Year)

Caught this while watching the season premier of Person Of Interest last night on CBS. Yes, Neil Peart and RUSH simply rule.

For those of us that have been there.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

LOL... last nite my drummer buddy texted me and was wondering if I was watching CBS and caught the Rush/VW commercial. I did and thought of him before he pinged me...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• BigBadBrian
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
      Yes, Neil Peart and RUSH simply rule.
      Yup!
      “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• private parts
        Sniper
        • Jan 2007

Love that commercial! Especially when he "throws his drum sticks" in the air and catches them a la Peart.
        sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by private parts
          Love that commercial! Especially when he "throws his drum sticks" in the air and catches them a la Peart.

Okay, that made me LOL for real. HAHA! Dude was so into it. The stick throw was excellently timed. Funny how we ALL know what he is feeling and have done similar. I actually love when I see people at a stop light totally into whatever music they are listening to. Endorphins in the brain are popping & lighting up all over the place. Natural heroin. Free and you can't get in trouble for it.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• private parts
            Sniper
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by sadaist
            Okay, that made me LOL for real. HAHA! Dude was so into it. The stick throw was excellently timed. Funny how we ALL know what he is feeling and have done similar. I actually love when I see people at a stop light totally into whatever music they are listening to. Endorphins in the brain are popping & lighting up all over the place. Natural heroin. Free and you can't get in trouble for it.
            Can't tell you how many times I've done finger tapping and whammy dive bombs on my steering wheel!
            sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by private parts
              Can't tell you how many times I've done finger tapping and whammy dive bombs on my steering wheel!

I was waiting for my microwave popcorn 1 night a few years back and was playing silverware drums on kitchen stuff while I waited. Sadly, the glass coffee pot does not make a good cymbal. Glass everywhere.

Ex-wife was pissed she didn't have coffee for a couple days. But then again, when wasn't that bitch pissed?
              Last edited by sadaist; 09-28-2012, 04:48 PM. Reason: pissy ex-wife
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

That's very cool , made my smile and then think shit I do that .
                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                  shit I do that .

Comment

Working...