PDA

View Full Version : Democracy Now brings Rocky & Jill to the Presidential Debates.....well, sort of......

FORD
10-01-2012, 02:12 PM
September 28, 2012
Third Party Candidates To Join in Real Time on Democracy Now!’s Live Coverage of First Pres. Debate
Elections_2012

As President Barack Obama and Republican nominee Mitt Romney square off in the first presidential debate in Denver on October 3, Democracy Now! will broadcast live from Denver with a special expanded presidential debate from 8:30 to 11:30 p.m. ET. We will air the debate, pausing after questions to include equal time responses from two presidential contenders who were shut out of the official debate: Jill Stein of the Green Party and Rocky Anderson of the Justice Party.

http://www.democracynow.org/topics/election_2012

BigBadBrian
10-02-2012, 06:55 AM
This Rocky and Jill character stand no chance of winning so there's no sense in wasting people's time during a debate with them.

FORD
10-02-2012, 12:48 PM
The Presidential debate process needs to return to an actual debate format under control of the League of Women Voters or some similar non-partisan, non-corporatist organization, and it needs to include more candidates. When all you hear is the KKKoch/teabagger Republican talking points vs the DLC false "Democrat" talking points, there are a whole lot of real issues not even being discussed.

ELVIS
10-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Yeah, like freedom...

FORD
10-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Among others, yes.

And for the record, I would include Gary Johnson in the debate as well.

lesfunk
10-02-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm more interested to hear what Rocky and Jill have to say more than the "mainstream" candidates. Technically Romney has no chance either so maybe he shouldn't be allowed to participate

BBB's post is the same old Ignrorant bullshit line I hear over and over. Everybody wants change as long as it never is allowed to happen

BigBadBrian
10-02-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm more interested to hear what Rocky and Jill have to say more than the "mainstream" candidates.

Uh huh...have you gone to their websites and see where they stand on the issues?

gbranton
10-02-2012, 04:04 PM
there are a whole lot of real issues not even being discussed.

Yeah, like freedom...

Yes, and the equally important subject of the national debt.

FORD
10-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Updated.....

Stream our special 3-hour show on the Democracy Now! livestream (http://www.democracynow.org/) or tune in on television on Link TV (DISH Network Channel 9410 or DirecTV Channel 375) or on Free Speech TV (DISH Network Channel 9415 or DirecTV Channel 348).

ELVIS
10-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Three hours ??

FORD
10-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Three hours ??

Well, if you have 90 minutes for two candidates, then you would need twice as much time for 4 candidates, right?.

Hell, the primary debates went two hours, with 8 or 9 of them on stage.... not that they all got an equal amount of time to speak.

bueno bob
10-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Until we get rid of the Electoral College, no 3rd party candidate is ever going to win. I hate saying that, but it's true. They just cannot compete with the money brought in by Republicans and Democrats.

FORD
10-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Probably not, but at least having other candidates in the debates would expand the discussion of the actual issues.

For example, if you only watched the corporate media version of the debate, you heard Barry and Mittens argue over whether Obamacare was better or worse than Romneycare. And how Romney would repeal Obamacare, but then try to get Romneycare going in all of the states.......

Uh.... guys.....IT'S THE SAME FUCKING THING.

But if you watched the Democracy Now version, you got to hear two candidates spell out explicitly why a single payer Medicare for all system is superior in every war to Obamneycare. And one of those candidates just happens to be a doctor in Massachusetts, so she has first hand experience with the Mittens clusterfuck.

lesfunk
10-04-2012, 02:28 AM
Probably not, but at least having other candidates in the debates would expand the discussion of the actual issues.

For example, if you only watched the corporate media version of the debate, you heard Barry and Mittens argue over whether Obamacare was better or worse than Romneycare. And how Romney would repeal Obamacare, but then try to get Romneycare going in all of the states.......

exactly

Nickdfresh
10-04-2012, 09:31 AM
Until we get rid of the Electoral College, no 3rd party candidate is ever going to win. I hate saying that, but it's true. They just cannot compete with the money brought in by Republicans and Democrats.

It should be gotten rid of period. Not only is the Electoral College anarchic and an insult to participatory democracy, they also make fraud a greater possibility...