The Idiot Akin Opens His Mouth Once Againl.....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

The Idiot Akin Opens His Mouth Once Againl.....

McCaskill Attacking Akin Over Earmarks
    By Dan Friedman
    September 24, 2012 | 2:57 p.m.

Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo., has been accused of pulling her punches against Rep. Todd Akin, R-Mo., in their Missouri Senate race. But with every indication Akin will stay on the ballot after Tuesday's deadline for him to petition drop out, McCaskill is swinging away now.

National Journal reported Friday that Akin, long a defender of the power of Congress to earmark appropriations, has for the first time agreed to support an earmark ban. At the same time, a so-called Super PAC formed by Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C., Senate Conservatives Fund, which only backs candidates who oppose earmarks, is considering helping the badly out-funded Akin raise money.

The McCaskill campaign on Monday released an online video arguing Akin sold out his principles for the prospect of campaign cash. They also tapped opposition research, citing a May 11, 2012 event in which Akin, asked how to get lawmakers' attention, suggested contributions.

"I'm in a three-way primary for the US Senate," Akin said. "I've gone to people and asked for their support, their help, or their endorsement and some people say yes. They write me a decent check. I remember that. The people that I thought were friends that tell me to go away because they are supporting someone else, I remember that. You know, I can remember back to 12 years ago. You remember who's helping you. That's one way that people get to know congressmen and senators."

Akin also said volunteering to help on candidate's campaigns "gets their attention."

McCaskill's campaign also cited a May Washington Examiner report that Akin received about $80,000 in contributions from people associated with firms he helped secure more than $30 million in earmarks.

"Between Todd Akin's inappropriate comments and the fact he secured $31 million in pork-barrel spending for his campaign donors, a pretty clear picture begins to emerge," McCaskill spokeswoman Caitlin Legacki said. "During his 12 years in Congress, Todd Akin repeatedly funneled taxpayer dollars to his campaign donors, which is exactly the kind of Washington behavior that led Claire to fight for an earmark ban. In Todd Akin's Missouri, the wealthy and well-connected can pay to play, but Missouri's working families are simply on their own."
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 10-02-2012, 04:02 PM.
  • BigBadBrian
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

Those of us who like to laugh at the bumbling idiot.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

This Senate race illustrates rather well that the real battle isn't really between "left" and "right" but rather SANE vs INSANE.

Claire McCaskill isn't a Liberal in any sense of the word. It's a stretch to even call her "moderate" or "centrist" (as if those terms really meant anything). But at least she is relatively SANE. Akin has proven time and time again that he is a batshit crazy psychotic Lunatic.

I don't know jack shit about the guy who is running against Michelle Bachmann. Probably another run of the mill DLC'er. But by default, I'd bet money in Vegas that he's not a certifiable fucking lunatic like she is.

And I have made it pretty clear that I have serious problems with Obama's presidency. But again, at least the man is reasonably SANE. Is Mittens not sane? Ask his wife Ann. She seems to have called his sanity in to question recently.......

But even assuming Mittens himself is relatively sane (as he seemed to be when governor of Massachusetts) his running mate Eddie Munster is certainly questionable. And the PNAC'ers he is taking foreign policy advice from, well we already saw 8 years of their batshit lunacy.

As for the Supreme Court..... Opie Roberts & Sammy the Fish Alito vs Sonya Sotomayor & Elena Kagan. Again it ain't a left vs right issue, since none of them are remotely left. But two of them voted for Shittyzens United. That tells you all you need to know about their SANITY. Or lack thereof.

2012: Sanity vs Insanity.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

So many reasons why he's WRONGney... and Ann(toinette) isn't helping his case either...
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

Working...