PDA

View Full Version : No Holds Barred-B-Q - Come and get it

DONNIEP
10-05-2012, 08:57 PM
I just got a DVD copy of the No Holds Barred-B-Q today. Hat's off to Momshell! You really went above and beyond by transferring this from VHS to DVD for me! Thank you very much!

Now, if any of you guys and gals would like a copy just send me a PM. If you're one of my regulars - don't bother, you're already on the list. And don't bother asking if I want to trade - this ain't no trade. This is on me. You want it, you got it. I figure I'm good for say, 20 or so copies.

:beers8:

Donnie

gbranton
10-05-2012, 09:08 PM
I guess this means I am already on the list?

And thanks Momshell, you are one of the most awesome Van Halen fans in existence.

DONNIEP
10-05-2012, 09:23 PM
I guess this means I am already on the list?

And thanks Momshell, you are one of the most awesome Van Halen fans in existence.

Yep, along with the Pasadena show I've been meaning to send to you. Sorry for the delay but I've mailed out 200 + DVDs over the past couple months and I had to take a break. Donnie's House of Illegal DLR & VH bootlegs is once again open for business :gulp:

SunisinuS
10-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Yep, along with the Pasadena show I've been meaning to send to you. Sorry for the delay but I've mailed out 200 + DVDs over the past couple months and I had to take a break. Donnie's House of Illegal DLR & VH bootlegs is once again open for business :gulp:

Donniep has been a veritable machine....thanks man!

Momshell
10-06-2012, 07:10 AM
You guys (and gals) are all welcome. My pleasure to share with anyone awesome enough to be an army member :)

Yount
10-07-2012, 03:55 AM
Well I've heard the audio but never seen the video... i'd love to have a squizz... or is this a US only offer?

Momshell
10-07-2012, 07:40 AM
Hey Donnie I probably should have thought of this earlier, but if you get a ton of requests, PM me and I'll help you. I feel partially responsible for creating the trading monster you've become :)

Zing!
10-07-2012, 09:51 AM

I can vouch for this... as my greedy ass made up about 1/3 of those! St. Donnie (patron saint of the immoral majority) is the man.

And Momshell? Well, she's the woman!

DONNIEP
10-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Well I've heard the audio but never seen the video... i'd love to have a squizz... or is this a US only offer?

I've shipped DVDs all across the US, England and to the middle of Europe. I can send a couple to you guys too, no problem.

fourthcoming
10-08-2012, 10:53 AM
I'm probably going to take a beating for this.....but I have never heard/seen No Holds BBq and don't really know much about it. What exactly was it?

DLR Bridge
10-08-2012, 10:56 AM
I'm right there with you Fourth. I've seen You Tube clips, but never the whole thing as it was intended to be seen.

DONNIEP
10-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Fourth and DLR Bridge, you guys will get copies, you're on the list.

I can't remember why Dave recorded the barbq video. Somebody here can probably quote him from his book or from an interview. This was the first time I'd seen it all the way thru too. I'm probably wrong but it looks like he shot it for his website - he mentions DavidLeeRoth.com several times. Regardless, I'm not sure it's possible to watch it the way Dave intended - I think you'd have to have a couple bottles of Jack, a pile of blow, 5 midgets and 37 hot sluts around to enjoy it the way Dave did :biggrin:

After I finished watching it I was thinking "ok, Dave really, really likes midgets, booze, guns (yeah, lots of fucking guns), Playboy Playmates, and generally behaving like a 15 year old turned loose in the Playboy mansion. It's actually pretty cool and a lot of fun to watch - as long as you don't think too deeply about it while you're watching it. It's a fun peek into Dave's mind and it's best enjoyed with cheap beer or a bottle of Jack.

ELVIS
10-08-2012, 02:44 PM
I'd sure like one...

:elvis:

DONNIEP
10-08-2012, 02:59 PM
I'd sure like one...

:elvis:

And I'll make sure you get one. PM me your address and I'll put you on the list.

ELVIS
10-08-2012, 03:23 PM
That's awesome!

Thanks!!!

fourthcoming
10-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Fuckin Donnie and Momshell come through once again.........thanks kids!!!! Let me know if there's anything I can send you guys.

DONNIEP
10-08-2012, 05:56 PM
I wish one of you computer savvy mofos could come to the Donniep Compound...fucking DVD burner is giving me fits! Damn thing is making me uninstall and reinstall the software. Maybe I wore it out already? :) :gulp:

DONNIEP
10-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Slight delay on the BBQ video. My burner won't read the disc. If i can't get it working I know where i can pick one up - I think. So it may take me an extra week to get started burning copies but I'll get it one way or another.

gbranton
10-08-2012, 07:59 PM
What software are you using to copy it with?

DONNIEP
10-08-2012, 08:31 PM
What software are you using to copy it with?

The same I always use - the software that came with the burner. The burner is an external LG model and it's still working fine - I just tried it with some other DVDs and it worked fine.

DONNIEP
10-08-2012, 10:44 PM
All right people, crisis averted. There will be no disruption in the supply chain! I try never to call people out by name here but dammit, sometimes you just have to. Momshell, thank you very much for the help!! Without Momshell's help I wouldn't be able to get these out as quickly as I'm gonna be able to. So keep the requests coming and I'll fill the orders as fast as I can. I have yet to let a brother or sister here down when I've said I'd send them something and damn if I'm going to now!

DONNIEP
10-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Update: Sitting in the vault at home are 23 copies of the BBQ video. I've got a few odds and ends to burn and then I'll start shipping these out next week. So if you've PM'ed me for a copy I'll let you know when it's gonna be mailed out. Same goes for my regulars - I'll let you know when yours ships out too. First batch hits the mail on Monday. Sorry for the delay. And again, hat's off to Momshell for coming through for me - I couldn't have done it without your help!!

PETE'S BROTHER
10-19-2012, 11:54 AM
very excited

fourthcoming
10-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Donnie....just picked up 1978/England.....scorching set, great soundboard copy.....let me know. You too Momshell.

DONNIEP
10-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Damn straight I want it!! :biggrin: :gulp:

vandeleur
10-19-2012, 02:54 PM
Fourth coming what city is it ? There is a cracking Newcastle 78 one kicking about

DONNIEP
10-19-2012, 02:55 PM
Fourth coming what city is it ? There is a cracking Newcastle 78 one kicking about

Pass me a pint!! :gulp:

I can't remember if I sent Fourth a copy of the Newcastle show or not...

vandeleur
10-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Could be a different city , hopefully .
And would a bottle of broon suite kind sir :D

DONNIEP
10-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Could be a different city , hopefully .
And would a bottle of broon suite kind sir :D

Ah, Newcastle is always a good choice! :)

Could be a different city. The copy of the Newcastle (coincidence?) you sent me is a great freaking show! I've sent copies of that show all around the U.S.!!

vandeleur
10-19-2012, 03:11 PM
Yeah it is a great show , looking Forward to the BBQ DVD may indulge a couple of bottles when I watch it

DONNIEP
10-19-2012, 03:14 PM
Yeah it is a great show , looking Forward to the BBQ DVD may indulge a couple of bottles when I watch it

I'd suggest getting half pissed and watching it - you kinda need to be in the right frame of mind :)

vandeleur
10-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Go on then you persuaded me I will push the boat out .. I heard its a bit off the wall

DONNIEP
10-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Go on then you persuaded me I will push the boat out .. I heard its a bit off the wall

Right, might as well go all out when you watch it :gulp:

I think just about everyone's seen this clip..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwxNB8Ad_cA

Zing!
10-19-2012, 03:35 PM
I know what I'll be watching at half time during the Super Bowl!

PETE'S BROTHER
10-19-2012, 03:56 PM
I know what I'll be watching at half time during the Super Bowl!

:biggrin: awesome

ThrillsNSpills
10-19-2012, 04:12 PM
This is one of my favorite cover versions he's done.

DONNIEP
10-19-2012, 04:20 PM
ThrillsNSpills - do you have a copy of the DVD?

ThrillsNSpills
10-19-2012, 04:41 PM
No I don't but I'm surprised I couldn't find any good information about it online.

It kind of reminds me of the mid 80's where he was talking about making a movie and after the breakup with the band stuff he said he wanted to put a bunch of "rock and roll on film for ya."

He got the itch and went and done it. Very Dave.

DONNIEP
10-19-2012, 05:00 PM
No I don't but I'm surprised I couldn't find any good information about it online.

Well, then send me a PM when you get a chance and I'll add you to the mailing list. I have to hook up our English brothers first and then I'll be shipping out to everyone else. :gulp:

ThrillsNSpills
10-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Ok, thanks in advance to you and Momshell.

DONNIEP
10-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Got the DVD burner cookin', a bottle of Jack and plenty of free time this evening. Donnie's House of Illegal DLR and Van Halen Bootlegs is back, up and runnin'. Ah, it's gonna be a long nite :gulp:

ELVIS
10-19-2012, 08:02 PM
Awesome !!

:killer:

DONNIEP
10-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Awesome !!

E - check your PM and let me know if you want the other show as well :)

DONNIEP
10-19-2012, 11:54 PM
And here's where the magic happens. Just a quick pic of Bootlegger Central. Somehow I keep track of all this shit and have yet to screw up an order...Some of you may recognize some of the boots you've sent me there in the picture. Thanks! And if you think this is a mess you should see my PC and desk for work that's set up behind me. :gulp:

Dan
10-20-2012, 01:12 AM
And here's where the magic happens. Just a quick pic of Bootlegger Central. Somehow I keep track of all this shit and have yet to screw up an order...Some of you may recognize some of the boots you've sent me there in the picture. Thanks! And if you think this is a mess you should see my PC and desk for work that's set up behind me. :gulp:

Please Note:We Dont Hide Bottles Of Jack Dainel's @ The Mighty Roth Army.:D

DONNIEP
10-20-2012, 01:38 AM
Two things - 1: I don't hide Jack and B: that wasn't Jack. Sadly the Jack disappeared (I blame the BCE). And all that's left is a cheap bottle of Ezra Brooks - whoever the fuck that is. But he makes a good 13 buck a fifth whiskey :) :gulp:

Dan
10-20-2012, 02:23 AM
Please Note:We Dont Hide Cheap As Whiskey @ The Mighty Roth Army.:D

PETE'S BROTHER
10-20-2012, 02:26 AM
danno is drunk, just like me

DONNIEP
10-20-2012, 02:27 AM
You definitely have a point there my friend :) :gulp:

Dan
10-20-2012, 02:29 AM
Please Note:PB is On The Kiwi Phone Right Now.:D

PETE'S BROTHER
10-20-2012, 02:29 AM
danno is sweet

DONNIEP
10-20-2012, 02:32 AM
Please Note - Donniep is drunk right about now, I say :gulp:

PETE'S BROTHER
10-20-2012, 02:33 AM
after danno left, we used a blacklight in his room...the bulb burned out

PETE'S BROTHER
10-20-2012, 02:34 AM
we just repainted the room

Dan
10-20-2012, 03:04 AM
All I can Say Is,Nights In White Satin.:D

Momshell
10-20-2012, 08:45 AM
Donnie....just picked up 1978/England.....scorching set, great soundboard copy.....let me know. You too Momshell.

Absolutely! Thanks fourth! :)

Yount
10-20-2012, 06:01 PM
How do I get it?

DONNIEP
10-20-2012, 06:47 PM
How do I get it?

The BBQ DVD? You just send me a PM with your address and I'll ship you a copy. Doesn't get any easier than that :)

vandeleur
10-20-2012, 08:17 PM
Eh ... You Also have to send him a crate of brown ale and take him on the next stagg do .,,. But it's worth it :D
Donniep ..euro tour

DONNIEP
10-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Eh ... You Also have to send him a crate of brown ale and take him on the next stagg do .,,. But it's worth it :D
Donniep ..euro tour

I like the sound of that!! A proper piss-up in England! :gulp:

DONNIEP
10-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Scraps, Vandeleur and GB - your packages go out today in about 2 hours. It should only take a month or so for them to get to England - I swear the man has put me on a watchlist for mailing all these stacks of DVDs to England :biggrin:

I have got to create a database with all you crazy mofos' addresses in it...

gbranton
10-22-2012, 11:22 PM
Scraps, Vandeleur and GB - your packages go out today in about 2 hours. It should only take a month or so for them to get to England......

I'm a pretty patient guy but I am curious why you sent mine to England.

DONNIEP
10-22-2012, 11:28 PM
I'm a pretty patient guy but I am curious why you sent mine to England.

You don't live in England??? :) Yours was sent to your home state, no worries :) Hell, I shoulda just drove down there and handed it to you. You should have your copy by Thursday or Friday, along with the '77 Pasadena show on CD. I need to figure out what you don't have that I do have so I can get you caught up with my stuff and I can put you on the list for new stuff only. Damn, you had to make this difficult, didn't you? :biggrin:

gbranton
10-23-2012, 03:35 AM
You don't live in England??? :) Yours was sent to your home state, no worries :) Hell, I shoulda just drove down there and handed it to you.

Damn, you had to make this difficult, didn't you? :biggrin:

My wife says I'm a difficult guy sometimes. :rolleyes:

If you had driven it down, I would have bought the drinks.

Sometime in the next month I am moving up to Huntsville, my wife has lived up there for over a year without me and I am finally about to join her.

fourthcoming
10-23-2012, 02:41 PM

It is the Newcastle show. You and Donnie already have it I presume. It's an A+ copy.....fades in on the first tune.....about a minute or 2 is missing from On Fire. I'm supposed to get a few other England shows from the same tour. I will keep you gents on notice.

vandeleur
10-23-2012, 03:35 PM
Yeah I sent it to Donniep ... Great show tho .... Plus I know a twat who was there , never fails to mention it when I see him lol

DONNIEP
10-23-2012, 04:06 PM
I've sent the Newcastle show to several people here. It's not just good - it's unbelievable. Hell, I'm listening to it right now. Every time I listen to it I think about all of the concerts I've been to, and all of the mediocre (for the most part) opening bands I've sat through and it's hard to believe this was their first tour. The entire band is on fire and the show just rockets from song to song. It may be my favorite boot. And it's even cooler to know that Vandeleur has a mate that was actually there.

PETE'S BROTHER
10-23-2012, 04:08 PM
I've sent the Newcastle show to several people here. It's not just good - it's unbelievable. Hell, I'm listening to it right now. Every time I listen to it I think about all of the concerts I've been to, and all of the mediocre (for the most part) opening bands I've sat through and it's hard to believe this was their first tour. The entire band is on fire and the show just rockets from song to song. It may be my favorite boot. And it's even cooler to know that Vandeleur has a mate that was actually there.

i believe he is a twat :baaa:

DONNIEP
10-23-2012, 04:25 PM
i believe he is a twat :baaa:

You're right - and I don't know if that translates to a buddy but I assumed it did :biggrin:

vandeleur
10-23-2012, 04:27 PM
He is a mate , but i am a bitter, jealous man :D

DONNIEP
10-23-2012, 04:29 PM
He is a mate , but i am a bitter, jealous man :D

See, my English English is getting better! :)

ThrillsNSpills
10-23-2012, 04:33 PM
The shows from 78 are all breath stealers if you ask me.
Ed's playing is incredble and Dave's vocals and all the nuances with the delay effect coming in for a second , all spot on.

DONNIEP
10-23-2012, 05:02 PM
Fourthcoming sent me a giant stack of boots from the early days and they're all freaking fantastic shows. I hear the early shows and I think "there's just no way these guys weren't going to be the biggest band in the world".

fourthcoming
10-25-2012, 08:56 AM
You know Donnie.....I still haven't had time to watch everything you sent me....lol.....I have enjoyed tons between you and Momshell.....it's just that you and she sent me so much.....it's a beautiful thing. I always loved that Pasadena 1977 show.....a buddy of mine gave that to me way back in 1990 on tape. I played it so much that it wore out and was eaten. I finally found it again in 1998 on cd.....such great quality. I love the England shows too because they sound flat out fuckin' mean. I remember seeing an interview where the band says before Donnington 1984 that they were making a conscious effort to play the songs faster because the English audience loved that shit. They were absolutely killing opening up for Sabbath in 1978. Can you imagine what Sabbath must have been thinking having to follow them every night? As I'm listening to the Newcastle show you can hear the audience chanting "one more song" after VH's set......when do you ever hear an audience chanting for more tunes from an at the time relatively unknown opening act? Amazing stuff. Donnie I believe you did send me a copy of Newcastle.....the copy I just bought is a much better sounding copy....please don't take that as being an ungrateful dickhead or some kind of bootleg snob....I'm only mentioning it if you and Vandy want a copy I'll hook it up.

DONNIEP
10-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Donnie I believe you did send me a copy of Newcastle.....the copy I just bought is a much better sounding copy....please don't take that as being an ungrateful dickhead or some kind of bootleg snob....I'm only mentioning it if you and Vandy want a copy I'll hook it up.

Dude - if you have a clearer copy I definitely want one!! And I'm sure Vandeleur would too! I'll send you a PM here shortly.

vandeleur
10-25-2012, 12:04 PM
yeah man i would be up for that .. a bit of something great getting that bit better sounds cool to me :D

DONNIEP
10-25-2012, 12:08 PM
Elvis, Pete's Brother and Zing - your BBQ DVDs are shipping out in about 20 minutes. You guys should have 'em Monday or Tuesday, Wedenesday at the latest I'd think.

DONNIEP
10-25-2012, 12:09 PM
yeah man i would be up for that .. a bit of something great getting that bit better sounds cool to me :D

I hated to speak for you but I knew you'd want one :)

Ah damn, it's almost beer time for you bastards in England :biggrin:

vandeleur
10-25-2012, 12:15 PM
no man its cool , your my bootleg dealer lol ..
No beer for me one more nightshift then a weekend off , could involve a sneaky brew or two :biggrin:

DONNIEP
10-25-2012, 02:11 PM
Looks like the Aussies are next on the list - I'll be shipping to you guys next week :beers8:

Zing!
10-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Elvis, Pete's Brother and Zing - your BBQ DVDs are shipping out in about 20 minutes. You guys should have 'em Monday or Tuesday, Wedenesday at the latest I'd think.

Right on brother! What a great way to spend Halloween! Hats off to St. Donnie and Momshell for sharing the love!

Yount
10-25-2012, 06:13 PM
The BBQ DVD? You just send me a PM with your address and I'll ship you a copy. Doesn't get any easier than that :)
No way! Nothing is free. People don't just send stuff for the sake of keeping the VH/DLR spirit alive. Do they? Come on what's the catch? I'll PM you my address and you can send around your goons to ransack my house then. Good luck.

Why do all this DonnieP? Is it part of your networking? Or does it help you pull the odd root every now and again? Do you meet these people at the shows and get a lot of free piss n stuff?

There's no goodness in the heart of modern man, that's the only reason I have my suspicions.

ELVIS
10-25-2012, 06:17 PM
Yes there is...

vandeleur
10-25-2012, 06:21 PM
Donniep sent me shit loads of DVD 's and boots and never asked for anything in return. He can ransack my house if cares to travel 2000 miles to do it ., Doubt thats the motive .
Donniep and momshell are just good people .
Roth army people :D

ELVIS
10-25-2012, 06:37 PM
Yeah, DP seems pretty cool...

Yount
10-25-2012, 06:38 PM
I appreciate the replies.

DONNIEP
10-25-2012, 06:49 PM
I've been wondering when somebody would ask me that question :)

There really is no catch. I do it for two reasons:
A. Because I can
B. Because the only thing cooler than getting a boot in the mail is sending one to somebody.

I honestly have never asked for anything in return, not even blanks. I never charge a penny - no shipping either. I have broken down and bought a few things only because I had to have 'em. But then I gave away copies of it. I don't normally call people out by name but several of the members here have been extremely generous and sent me stuff as well - and they know who I'm talking about.

So that's my whole agenda. Something for nothing - hard to believe, huh? But I will gladly accept donations of Newcastle. You need a good ale whilst burning DVDs til late in the nite :gulp:

DONNIEP
10-25-2012, 06:54 PM
And Vandeleur - I definitely need to make the trip over in the next year or so. It would be a legendary piss up :) :gulp:

Yount
10-25-2012, 07:02 PM
I promise to pass it on to someone else also. Spread the good music. :thumb:

vandeleur
10-25-2012, 07:06 PM
And Vandeleur - I definitely need to make the trip over in the next year or so. It would be a legendary piss up :) :gulp:

Man that would class , bring van halen with ya lol

gbranton
10-26-2012, 01:35 AM
No way! Nothing is free. People don't just send stuff for the sake of keeping the VH/DLR spirit alive. Do they?

There's no goodness in the heart of modern man, that's the only reason I have my suspicions.

Yes, they do.

It may not be common, but there IS goodness in the heart of SOME modern men.

DONNIEP
10-26-2012, 01:47 AM
David Lee Roth once said that there's a little bit of Van Halen in everybody. I simply want to share what I have. It may sound crazy - and maybe I should have kept it to the people I already share with. But I simply wanted to open it up to all the members here. I have learned my lesson - no way will I try to share my bootlegs with anyone not already on my list.

PETE'S BROTHER
10-26-2012, 11:42 AM
keep the faith, senor p

So this is love
10-26-2012, 11:47 AM
I hope I'm on the list

DONNIEP
10-26-2012, 11:50 AM
I hope I'm on the list

You certainly are - gonna send you the BBQ and some extras too!

Zing!
10-26-2012, 12:33 PM
I've been wondering when somebody would ask me that question :)

I honestly have never asked for anything in return, not even blanks. I never charge a penny - no shipping either. :gulp:

I can vouch for this. DP is class! I haven't even waded my way through all the disks he sent me the first time... Savoring each one!

DONNIEP
10-27-2012, 09:10 AM
And Fourth sent me 21 CDs of bootlegs - 21 at one time!! Just because he's class and a friend. Hell, it's not uncommon for me to come home and have packages in the mail from England just show up - just because those guys are class too and friends as well. And Momshell - She's the one who got me started and the one who copied these BBQ.videos for me since my burner wouldn't read the disc. And just a few days after I told her I was having a problem, 23 copies show up at my house. Why would she do that? Same reason - she's class and a friend.

DONNIEP
10-31-2012, 10:21 PM
Yo, Dan, Ash, S.T.I.L. - your packages are gonna ship out on Friday. :gulp:

ELVIS
10-31-2012, 10:28 PM
Mine arrived yesterday !!

DONNIEP
10-31-2012, 10:38 PM
Mine arrived yesterday !!

Good to know they got there! If you need some other shows just let me know and I'll send you a list of what I have :gulp:

PETE'S BROTHER
11-01-2012, 12:41 PM
after years of seein' bits and pieces, it was fun to see the bbq in it's entirety. thank you donniep. :clap: if the ball game is lame tonite, may catch the dlr concert

PETE'S BROTHER
11-02-2012, 12:18 PM
after years of seein' bits and pieces, it was fun to see the bbq in it's entirety. thank you donniep. :clap: if the ball game is lame tonite, may catch the dlr concert

and that's just what i did.... ;)

Zing!
11-02-2012, 01:34 PM

I'd never seen the whole thing either. The BBQ is one strange piece of entertainment or art or whatever. A peak inside DLR's brain maybe. Would love to hear an inside scoop from somebody in attendance. Although truth be told, I like the older, wiser version of Dave that we have now...

PETE'S BROTHER
11-02-2012, 01:42 PM
I'd never seen the whole thing either. The BBQ is one strange piece of entertainment or art or whatever. A peak inside DLR's brain maybe. Would love to hear an inside scoop from somebody in attendance. Although truth be told, I like the older, wiser version of Dave that we have now...

si :baaa:

DONNIEP
11-02-2012, 08:08 PM
I like wacky Dave better than serious Dave. The 2002 solo show I sent you guys is the old Dave that's missing from the past two tours. That's not a knock against Dave - it's just that he's way looser and seems to be having more fun in the older solo shows.

Zing!
11-02-2012, 08:40 PM
I like wacky Dave better than serious Dave. The 2002 solo show I sent you guys is the old Dave that's missing from the past two tours. That's not a knock against Dave - it's just that he's way looser and seems to be having more fun in the older solo shows.

I liked wacky DLR up until the MTv fiasco/DLR Band album. The crypt-keeper era wasn't my favorite. Glad Dave has come back to earth, although I admit he's been restrained since '07. Is he starting to loosen up a bit now that he's got time on his hands?

So this is love
11-02-2012, 09:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csc1x962NKk&feature=related

2002 Donnie here you go

So this is love
11-02-2012, 09:08 PM
I know the Dave you mean but can't find him anywhere...you know the one where he speaks to the 2 nice MILF front row but then goes wild... I can't find it on youtube right now but he was so fucking out of control during that show

DONNIEP
11-02-2012, 09:39 PM
The crypt-keeper era wasn't my favorite

I'll admit that a little restraint for Dave is a good thing. I think we can all do without the JD jizz routine - talk about creepy...

gbranton
11-03-2012, 12:09 AM
The BBQ is one strange piece of entertainment or art or whatever.

I have been trying to figure out how to explain what I saw. I will go with this.

DONNIEP
11-03-2012, 12:17 AM
I tried to tell all you guys that you needed Jack and blow to enjoy it the way Dave intended.

PETE'S BROTHER
11-03-2012, 11:48 AM
I tried to tell all you guys that you needed Jack and blow to enjoy it the way Dave intended.

or copious amounts of budlight and chronic :smoke:

katina
11-05-2012, 03:58 PM
May I ask for a copy ??

DONNIEP
11-05-2012, 04:17 PM
May I ask for a copy ??

Absolutely!!! PM me your address and I'll get you one on the way next week :)

katina
11-05-2012, 04:30 PM

Thank you very much :thumb:

envy_me
11-05-2012, 04:33 PM

What about me :-)

katina
11-05-2012, 05:04 PM

I´ve just PM you my address, I know I am very far away, and here mail deliveries are sometimes broken or stolen, I will give you an USA address from a good friend of mine, who is living there and will come down here for Christmas Holidays.

If you ever happen to come to Argentina, please let me know

vandeleur
11-08-2012, 09:59 AM
donniep finally watched bbq not sure what to make of it . Enjoyed it and the version were he does the commentary was very cool . But not sure what dave was trying to do.
Tho I watched it without the recommended blow/weed/class A -Z. Hopefully now i have got over my boys long weekend/hot tub time machine adventure those things are all a thing of the past :biggrin:
Any hoo necking brown ale quick seemed to help the colours even out , and the kitty cat ladies didnt spoil it meow.

DONNIEP
11-08-2012, 10:53 PM
donniep finally watched bbq not sure what to make of it . Enjoyed it and the version were he does the commentary was very cool . But not sure what dave was trying to do.
Tho I watched it without the recommended blow/weed/class A -Z. Hopefully now i have got over my boys long weekend/hot tub time machine adventure those things are all a thing of the past :biggrin:
Any hoo necking brown ale quick seemed to help the colours even out , and the kitty cat ladies didnt spoil it meow.

Glad you got a chance to finally check it out! Yeah, it's an art project all right. I'm not sure what kind of art project, but it's definitely 100% Dave! Glad you enjoyed it bro! Hopefully I'll have some more new stuff soon to send your way :gulp:

Nitro Express
11-08-2012, 10:57 PM

I bought some Newkie Brown the other day. The grocery store had it on sale. The One and Only!

vandeleur
11-08-2012, 11:13 PM
Glad you got a chance to finally check it out! Yeah, it's an art project all right. I'm not sure what kind of art project, but it's definitely 100% Dave! Glad you enjoyed it bro! Hopefully I'll have some more new stuff soon to send your way :gulp:

Great stuff , always glad when you hook me up with these DVDs , it's very much appreciated bro :)

Yount
12-12-2012, 02:17 AM
Still yet to see the BBQ vid :(

twonabomber
08-20-2014, 03:45 AM
No Holds BBQ is available at Trader's Den right now...

Seshmeister
08-20-2014, 07:18 AM
7.75gb !!??

Cato
08-20-2014, 08:53 AM
it's probably a 2 DVD set that Silver Stallion Prods authored.

"Silver Stallion Productions

This is the entire tape split between two DVDs.

The first DVD has the first 71 minutes of the tape along with a 10 minute segment from the 31 July 2002 West Palm Beach, FL betacam tape.

The second DVD is the "Director's Commentary" segment that has Dave talking throughout most of what you see in the first DVD giving lots of great insight into the whole production, band members, scantily clad women, etc. This second DVD includes a 30 minute bonus filler section of all of DLR's 1980-era videos. The bonus material is from a master tape and includes all of the videos and segments between each one with Dave providing commentary about the video. "

VAiN
08-20-2014, 09:09 AM
The first DVD has the first 71 minutes of the tape along with a 10 minute segment from the 31 July 2002 West Palm Beach, FL betacam tape.

Nice, I was at that show! I need to grab this tonight!

twonabomber
08-20-2014, 10:57 AM
Not sure if I had this other than on VHS, and if I do I have no idea where it's at.

DL is finished, I'll be seeding at least through the weekend.

DONNIEP
08-20-2014, 11:17 AM
I gave away so many copies of this damn DVD. I bet me and Momshell moved more copies than Dave ever dreamed of moving.

PETE'S BROTHER
08-20-2014, 11:33 AM
I gave away so many copies of this damn DVD. I bet me and Momshell moved more copies than Dave ever dreamed of moving.

and accumulated so many addresses :doh:

Seshmeister
08-20-2014, 11:38 AM

The whole thing was a bit bizarre, he only sold them at a dozen shows or so.

DONNIEP
08-20-2014, 11:52 AM
and accumulated so many addresses :doh:

Oh yeah, people forgot all about that, didn't they, lol. Evil, mean ol' Donnie done got yo address!! I'm gonna send Warf to each of your houses to spend a few days with you! :biggrin:

DONNIEP
08-20-2014, 11:57 AM
The whole thing was a bit bizarre, he only sold them at a dozen shows or so.

He used it on the big screen behind the band during the shows too. There's a good boot out there from that tour from the NJ show. Many of you already have a copy of it, but if you don't - pick one up. It's a killer show and is a direct feed from what was going to the big screen. You get to see a good bit of the BBQ vid in that boot because it cuts between Dave and the BBQ.

twonabomber
08-20-2014, 12:06 PM
I don't remember seeing this for sale at either the Cleveland or Pittsburgh shows. Cleveland was opening night, so that kinda makes sense, but PGH was toward the end of the tour. I bought a hat at one of the shows but don't remember which one.

DONNIEP
08-20-2014, 12:08 PM
I don't remember seeing this for sale at either the Cleveland or Pittsburgh shows. Cleveland was opening night, so that kinda makes sense, but PGH was toward the end of the tour. I bought a hat at one of the shows but don't remember which one.

I bought a DLR hat at the '94 show but one of my evil ex girlfriends swiped it. It was black with the DLR kinda in this funky silver/gray script.

twonabomber
08-20-2014, 12:41 PM
That's the one I bought.

Seshmeister
08-20-2014, 12:59 PM

There was no DLR merch at all by the time they reached Tampa in 2002 which was only about halfway through as I remember.

Somebody fucked up...

VAiN
08-20-2014, 02:05 PM
There was no DLR merch at all by the time they reached Tampa in 2002 which was only about halfway through as I remember.

Somebody fucked up...

They had shirts in Palm Beach, which I'm assuming was after Tampa.. I still have my 'Ole #1' shirt. I wore it to all of the 07/08 VH shows.

DONNIEP
08-20-2014, 02:13 PM
I still have 5 DVD copies of the BBQ available...

twonabomber
08-20-2014, 02:30 PM
They had shirts in Palm Beach, which I'm assuming was after Tampa.. I still have my 'Ole #1' shirt. I wore it to all of the 07/08 VH shows.

There might have been shirts opening night but by then I had quit buying shirts and started with the hats.

Seshmeister
08-20-2014, 02:47 PM

I may have missed them as we'd obviously had a few drinks.

This was back when paying $100 for 2 second row seats from a scalper seemed really expensive. :)

Angel
08-20-2014, 04:47 PM
I still have 5 DVD copies of the BBQ available...
Im not giving you my address, lol. ;)

DONNIEP
08-20-2014, 04:58 PM
Im not giving you my address, lol. ;)

Good, because I was gonna have Warf hand deliver yours :biggrin:

Angel
08-20-2014, 06:11 PM
Good, because I was gonna have Warf hand deliver yours :biggrin:
Awe...not Flappo? ;)

VAiN
08-20-2014, 06:40 PM
I'm on this one now.. If anyone wants a copy feel free to PM me...

DONNIEP
08-20-2014, 07:20 PM
Awe...not Flappo? ;)

No! I can half way control Warf, lol.

VetteLS5
08-20-2014, 08:43 PM
No! I can half way control Warf, lol.

You cant control him... only hope to contain him.

SunisinuS
08-20-2014, 08:51 PM
6. David Lee Roth, "Just a Gigolo"/"I Ain't Got Nobody"

How can we sign up for a lifetime subscription to Dave TV? We're serious.

Not sure where this should be stuck (sic) but since recent list:

https://music.yahoo.com/blogs/music-news/13-fake-music-video-tv-shows-we-wish-were-real-tv-shows-021459499.html

DAvE Tv!

DONNIEP
08-20-2014, 08:55 PM
You cant control him... only hope to contain him.

Didn't you hear? I have super Jedi powers and can control any deranged interwebz nutcase!

VAiN
08-22-2014, 01:08 PM
I watched the version with the commentary and it is fucking GRATE!! It's like watching it with Dave. I highly recommend it!

Angel
08-22-2014, 01:33 PM
Didn't you hear? I have super Jedi powers and can control any deranged interwebz nutcase!
But I thought you were the deranged interwebz nutcase...:p

PETE'S BROTHER
08-22-2014, 03:26 PM
But I thought you were the deranged interwebz nutcase...:p

one of many

David Wolf
09-07-2014, 09:03 PM
Fantastic! Always wanted to see it. Thanks for the info. :)

vaijuju
09-09-2014, 01:56 AM
No Holds BBQ is available at Trader's Den right now...

thanks twonabomber! I took it last night ! happy!:beers8:

SunisinuS
09-09-2014, 05:04 AM

I want food and love.

twonabomber
09-09-2014, 06:38 AM
thanks twonabomber! I took it last night ! happy!:beers8:

Yer welcome! I haven't stopped seeding yet.

Nickdfresh
09-14-2014, 07:02 PM
Now is a good time to get this for torrenters at Traders Den with lots of seeders and no leechers :)

Hardrock69
10-30-2014, 10:50 PM
Ok dudes. You can download a 2-disc version, one with Uncle Dave Commentary, one without.

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f146/2xdvdfull-david-lee-roth-2002-no-holds-bar-b-que-pro-shot-182344.html