PDA

View Full Version : BestBuy 51

Kristy
10-18-2012, 01:18 PM
Lookie! A item that my rotten material self would like to purchase from this fine establishment is on sale! Oh, hold on a seccy, it's NOT on sale?:(

But, but, but according to your website it is on sale. Now you're telling me sale items change daily and who know what from why to how or when?

Well, I feel your pain when you whore media hop on how you closed over 50 stores in the past year due to internet purchasing of the same product for a lesser price. Imagine the nerve of the consumer doing that to such a megaglomerate like yourself SwindleBuy, I mean BestBuy!

Oh well, my credit balance can only stretch so far so it appears store 51 might be closing soon. Happy holidays to you.

BITEYOASS
10-18-2012, 04:30 PM
I can find a better selection of DVDs at the bookstore next door.

DONNIEP
10-18-2012, 06:42 PM
Best Buy sucks balls. Well, the local one does anyway. The average IQ in that store is around 11.

sadaist
10-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Best Buy sucks balls. Well, the local one does anyway. The average IQ in that store is around 11.

I always go in when I'm looking to buy & compare prices and selection. When it comes to making the actual purchase though I usually do it at Staples.

Fairwrning
10-18-2012, 08:05 PM
BB will become just like Circuit City and Blockbuster..its all about online these days.

sadaist
10-18-2012, 08:22 PM
BB will become just like Circuit City and Blockbuster..its all about online these days.

or an expanded department inside Walmart.

motherchicken
10-18-2012, 08:43 PM
I never had a problem wth Best Buy. As a matter of fact they gave me credit for a printer that quit working that my mother had purchased and never made one payment on before she died. They had contacted me shortly after my mother passed because she hadn't made the first payment. I told them what was up and that was that. It was six months later when the printer quit working.

Dan
10-18-2012, 11:50 PM
I Never Went To Band-Camp.:(

Hardrock69
10-19-2012, 02:02 AM
I had bought a 19-inch color TV from those asslickers back in the 90s. One day only a month later, I turned it on and got the proverbial "ZZZZZZPPPPPTTTTTTHHHHHHHP" puff of smoke coming from the back.

I took it back to Best Buy, and they said they would repair it. Took them a week. Got it home. First time I turned it on it did it again.

Took it back and they refused to give me another TV or a refund!

I raised so much hell with those idiots! :mad:

After an hour of wearing down the store manager with logic and threats, they changed position without having to give me a refund OR a new TV. Manager dude says "Hey I got an open box 20" TV that has been a demo for a year."

I saw it, saw the picture, and said "Ok.". I still have that thing to this day (for a little while anyway, lol).

But .....I argued for a fucking hour just to get that!

If the TV had not had a decent picture, I would not have accepted it. But the motherfuckers obviously had a policy of no refunds, no replacement of high-ticket items.

THAT was what they obviously were going by...NOT to put the customer first......motherfuckers...:mad:

SO.....I go in there if they have what I want, and at a decent price.....I just do my research on the net, find out who has the cheapest price on it....and go from there.

But I don't forget the ignorant cocksuckers at that one store......in this day and age, I highly doubt they have changed their business model...they have just probably learned to hide it's flaws better.

Kristy
10-19-2012, 12:19 PM
I can find a better selection of DVDs at the bookstore next door.

You can find a better selection of DVD's at a fire sale.

I'm done with BestBuy - they could go out of biz tomorrow and not be missed one bit.

Nickdfresh
10-19-2012, 01:03 PM
I agree that Best Buy sucks sweaty, hairy donkey balls. But the truth is that I miss the brick-and-mortar places and just wandering around shopping. Bust Buy does have some selections, however if I buy stereo shit it's probably going to be at a local shop where I can negotiate down a price on higher end (but cheap) boutique audiophile stuff. You can't hear and decide that online. That being said, I bought a new Samsung phone off AT&T's site and avoided the store sales douches because I can't stand when they try to up their sale or act like smarmy tools. But I'm guessing even if Best Buy went the way of Sun, Rosas, Circuntshit City, etc., there'd still be local chain stores to pick up the slack...

I have a strange fascination with retail, I even have the list of defunct mall and stand alone retailers bookmarked: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_defunct_retailers_of_the_United_States

Kristy
10-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Great to see Ultimate Electronics make the list. My mother bought a refrigerator from them that never worked - as in plug it in first time and never worked. Long story even longer they would not take it back and told her they would send out a repairman of which they did. Only problem was he never fix the fridge properly - it would occasionally work and go dead and gave her a outrageous bill for a trip charge. She eventually had to hire a consumer lawyer to get the matter settled. Terrible, terrible company and people.