Does anybody really buy this "undecided independent voter" bullshit?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Does anybody really buy this "undecided independent voter" bullshit?

The corporate whore media, always in the interest of creating a horse race to keep making money, is pushing the glorification of the "undecided independent voter" who still can't make up their mind between Barry and Mittens.

I doubt any such people exist, and at this point, if they do, they're probably too goddamn stupid to find their way to the polls.

Yes, you have left leaning voters who struggle with the decision to vote for Barry, or someone more aligned with their actual beliefs such as Rocky Anderson or Jill Stein. Count me among this group. But voting for Mittens is not, nor never would be an option.

Then you have the Ron Paul wing of the Republican party. They hate Mittens, but probably hate Obama more. Their struggle probably comes down to a choice between Mittens or Gary Johnson.

Is ANYBODY really struggling between the two "major candidates"?? Seriously??? And if so, is it only because they buy the bullshit narrative put out by the whore media? My understanding is that the US presidential debates were carried by CBC in Canada, and that the Canadian polls that followed had significantly different results from the whore media polls on this side of the border. Apparently our friends to the North didn't believe that Mittens "won" the first debate by being a lying bully.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Ford, a lot of folks I've talked with recently... don't like the direction the Obama administration has taken the last 4 years...even many who voted for him in 2008. Most of those folks aren't seeing anything all that appealing with the Romney ticket...

Then I know long time Republicans who are struggling with supporting Romney but couldn't bring themselves to vote for Obama...

So yes there's a lot of undecided voters out there... I think most a struggling to determine which is the least worst choice...
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well, as I said, that's more an issue of "traditional" Democratic voters (I am one) not being happy with Obama, and "traditional" Republican voters not liking Mittens. But it's not a matter of either of those groups crossing over to the other side, which is how the corporate media whores are playing it.

As I've posted in other threads, I encourage anyone who lives in a "safe" state - whether it's "safely" red or "safely" blue - to vote for the candidate they actually prefer - Rocky Anderson, Jill Stein, Gary Johnson, Zombie Reagan, or whomever - not because any of them will win, but to send a message that neither of the "major" parties are speaking for the PEOPLE.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• motherchicken
          • Nov 2009

Some people just don't give a flying fuck. They figure they're screwed either way and don't even bother to vote. It's no longer a choice of lesser evils. They both suck. Neither one of them are gonna lead the nation by the will of the people. As long as the fucking two party system exists that's gonna be the case. You'll never have a leader who thinks independatly. They're gonna go the way their party wants them too. No party can be right about everything. But there are plenty suckers out there who think they can.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Alright then... let me break this down in terms you can understand.....

Would you rather fuck decent quality, 100% cotton made in America socks, which you can wash and use over and over again....

Or cheap Chinese socks that fall apart before you can bust a nut, made by some company that Mittens outsourced?

See..... we all have our reasons to make an informed choice.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• motherchicken
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by FORD
              Alright then... let me break this down in terms you can understand.....

Would you rather fuck decent quality, 100% cotton made in America socks, which you can wash and use over and over again....

Or cheap Chinese socks that fall apart before you can bust a nut, made by some company that Mittens outsourced?

See..... we all have our reasons to make an informed choice.
              What you're saying is if Obama gets reelected Walmart is gonna start selling only American made products? I don't think so.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by motherchicken
                What you're saying is if Obama gets reelected Walmart is gonna start selling only American made products? I don't think so.
                Well, obviously it's going to take more than that. We also need to get all the KKKochsuckers out of Congress, because Congress would have to pass the laws that undo some of this damage. But electing Mittens would be a green light for WalMart - and other corporations- to continue looting America and exploiting the third world for cheap labor (resulting in shitty quality products)
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• motherchicken
                  • Nov 2009

Obama is not going to stop companies from outsourcing. Big business won't allow it. We buy shit from foriegn countries because it's cheaper and sometimes even better made. We can't even think about competing with them labor wise. We have labor laws here they don't have. We could try to build a better product but company owners are greedy bastards that will cut any corner they can to make a higher profit that never trickles down to the working man or woman in the way of better pay or better benefits. How the fuck is Obama or anyone gonna stop companies from outsourcing?

Comment

• motherchicken
                    • Nov 2009

You really think Obama's not beholding to businesses that outsource? Say hello to Mr Roarke for me.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by motherchicken
                      You really think Obama's not beholding to businesses that outsource? Say hello to Mr Roarke for me.
                      Well, he promised to do something about it. So the only way to call his ass out on it and make him do it is to take the obstructionist teabagging assholes out of Congress so he no longer has any excuse NOT to take care of it.

Right, sockfucker?
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
                        Well, obviously it's going to take more than that.
                        LMAO !!

Comment

• bueno bob
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

I doubt seriously there's anybody ACTUALLY "undecided" at this point. The closest thing I've seen is my Father in Law, who's a NASCAR watchin', ex-truck drivin' Palin lovin' Tea Bagger, but even he said he can't fucking stand Mitt Romney and because of that wasn't even going to vote this year.

I fully encouraged his decision.
                          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                            I doubt seriously there's anybody ACTUALLY "undecided" at this point. The closest thing I've seen is my Father in Law, who's a NASCAR watchin', ex-truck drivin' Palin lovin' Tea Bagger, but even he said he can't fucking stand Mitt Romney and because of that wasn't even going to vote this year.

Of course you did. Abstinence from voting Romney is a vote for Obama. Just as all the youth & minorities that aren't as fired up this election & may not vote....their lack of voting is a vote for Mitt.

As far as undecideds, I agree. I doubt there are really that many people who TRULY don't know. But if you're in the states where the candidates are vying for your "undecided" vote why not say you are? You get all the perks. All types of events aimed at you, free pizzas, sodas, sub sandwiches, t-shirts, rallys, etc. Hell yeah I'd say I was undecided. FREE SWAG!
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• motherchicken
                              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by bueno bob

Is your real name Josh? I watch nascar, I'm an ex truck driver. I'd love to fuck Sarah Palin but I wouldn't vote for her. I'm not a tea bagger though. And I won't vote for Romney either. I don't think Obamas done a good job, he hasn't really done anything but he hasn't done anything really fucked up either. Untill recently gas prices were a little lower and somewhat stable. And he hasn't gotten us involved in any more civil wars in other countries. If I thought Romney had any chance of winning I might even vote for Obama. But he doesn't and I won't.

Comment

Working...