PDA

View Full Version : Toss-Up States

BigBadBrian
10-23-2012, 09:04 PM
Which candidate will take the following toss-up states? The number is the Electoral College Electors.

Colorado (9)
Florida (29)
Iowa (6)
Michigan (16)
Nevada (6)
New Hampshire (4)
Ohio (18)
Pennsylvania (20)
Virginia (13)
Wisconsin (10)

BigBadBrian
10-23-2012, 09:09 PM
Colorado (9) - Romney
Florida (29) - Romney
Iowa (6) -Romney
Michigan (16) - too close to call
Nevada (6) - Obama
New Hampshire (4) - Romney
Ohio (18) - Romney, barely
Pennsylvania (20) - Romney
Virginia (13) - Too close to call; currently Obama leads barely but Romney coming up fast.
Wisconsin (10) - Romney

FORD
10-23-2012, 09:17 PM
Which of those states are using Romney's own Hart Intercivic electro-fraud machines?

FORD
10-24-2012, 12:11 AM
For that matter, Nate Silver at FiveThirtyEight (http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/) is telling a different story.....

BigBadBrian
10-24-2012, 06:05 AM
For that matter, Nate Silver at FiveThirtyEight (http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/) is telling a different story.....

He's employed by the NY Times. 'Nuff said.

Besides, just wait until this new Libya info (they knew within 2 hours it was a terrorist attack yet lied about it for 2 weeks) has been through the news cycle a few times.

MUSICMANN
10-24-2012, 08:24 AM
Which of those states are using Romney's own Hart Intercivic electro-fraud machines?

I believe that the Democrats are the ones who need watching, not the Republicans.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/23/colorado-finds-300-more-suspected-noncitizens-on-voter-rolls/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/23/fake-voter-registration-letters-raise-alarm-in-florida-with-early-voting-set-to/

http://scottystarnes.wordpress.com/2012/10/22/north-carolina-registers-over-583-democrat-votes-over-the-age-of-112/

Nickdfresh
10-24-2012, 08:46 AM
He's employed by the NY Times. 'Nuff said.

Besides, just wait until this new Libya info (they knew within 2 hours it was a terrorist attack yet lied about it for 2 weeks) has been through the news cycle a few times.

Who lied? How?

BigBadBrian
10-24-2012, 09:21 AM
Who lied? How?

I'm sorry Nick: you're going to have to read other news sources other than the Huffington Post.

Nickdfresh
10-24-2012, 09:26 AM
I'm sorry Nick: you're going to have to read other news sources other than the Huffington Post.

:sockfucker:

jhale667
10-24-2012, 12:11 PM
I believe that the Democrats are the ones who need watching, not the Republicans.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/23/colorado-finds-300-more-suspected-noncitizens-on-voter-rolls/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/23/fake-voter-registration-letters-raise-alarm-in-florida-with-early-voting-set-to/

http://scottystarnes.wordpress.com/2012/10/22/north-carolina-registers-over-583-democrat-votes-over-the-age-of-112/

FAUX links? And yeah, even I have a WordPress blog....geez, and you guys want to criticize the Huffington Post, FFS?
You "believe" that bullshit because you don't want to admit that FAUX is "infotainment" NOT NEWS (they admit it, why won't you?). The FACT is all the identified suppression/fraud thus far this cycle has been at the hands of the Repukes. You're trying to steal the election because you have a shitty candidate that can't win any other way. But you're going to FAIL.

So, are your panties in a bunch over the UN-affiliated election observers coming in yet? Bet they are, since FAUX says they should be, and you're a good little lap-dog like Brie...

BigBadBrian
10-24-2012, 12:36 PM
FAUX links? And yeah, even I have a WordPress blog....geez, and you guys want to criticize the Huffington Post, FFS?
You "believe" that bullshit because you don't want to admit that FAUX is "infotainment" NOT NEWS (they admit it, why won't you?). The FACT is all the identified suppression/fraud thus far this cycle has been at the hands of the Repukes. You're trying to steal the election because you have a shitty candidate that can't win any other way. But you're going to FAIL.

So, are your panties in a bunch over the UN-affiliated election observers coming in yet? Bet they are, since FAUX says they should be, and you're a good little lap-dog like Brie...

This little lapdog constantly kicks your ass ( I could in real life, also) on the Net.

You disparage Fox while you watch MSDNC. How thoughtful. Fox has on more hard news shows than MSDNC or the Clinton News Network. Fact. Their infotainment hours runs from 4-6pm and then from 8-11pm.

MSDNC and CNN are ALL infotainment for mindless liberals like you that can't think for themselves.

You shoot the messenger because you don't like the message....the case of all kinds of simpletons throughout history, including you. :gulp:

BigBadBrian
10-24-2012, 12:36 PM
FAUX links? And yeah, even I have a WordPress blog....

What's the address? Hmmm?

BigBadBrian
10-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Oh yeah, jhale, make your prediction on the toss-up states.

FORD
10-24-2012, 01:49 PM
I think we need to take a hint from the folks who gave us Guinness, Jameson's whiskey, and U2.....

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0629/breaking2.html

jhale667
10-24-2012, 02:40 PM
What's the address? Hmmm?

You're the internet stalker - figure it out yourself, weirdo.

Nickdfresh
10-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Romney is falling behind in crucial state of Ohio, a state no Republican has won without. Romney is also 19-pts. down with women in OH CNN is reporting...

A Crucial Disparity That's Pushing Obama To A Potentially Devastating Win In Ohio
Brett LoGiurato | Oct. 24, 2012, 5:12 PM

President Barack Obama has a significant 5-point lead over Republican Mitt Romney in a new Time magazine poll of Ohio, the crucial battleground state that has enormous implications on Election Night.

What's pushing Obama to the lead is a key disparity in voters' opinion of the state's economy vs. the nation's economy. Overall, 51 percent of voters think Ohio's economy is on the right track, compared with just 43 percent that say it is off on the wrong track. The numbers are similar with self-identified Independents in the poll — by a 51-45 split, they say it's on the right track.

Of the group that says Ohio's economy is going in the right direction, 65 percent are voting for Obama.

Ohio's views of its own economy are markedly different than how the state's voters perceives the national economy. Only 41 percent think it's on the right track, compared with 54 percent that say it's off on the wrong track.

Ohio's economy was disproportionately affected by the auto bailout, which, now looking back, most voters support. A mid-October Public Policy Polling survey found that 54 percent supported the bailout, whereas only 37 percent opposed. That helped give Obama a 7-point edge on the question of which candidate would be "better for the auto industry" in Ohio.

Still, in the Time poll, Romney leads Obama by a slim margin on the question of which candidate would be best for the overall economy.

Link (http://www.businessinsider.com/ohio-poll-obama-romney-time-economy-jobs-2012-10#ixzz2AGH2eAtp)

FORD
10-24-2012, 07:41 PM
The main problem in Ohio is exactly what it was in 2004 - corrupt electro-fraud machines under control of a corrupt, hyper-partisan Repuke Secretary of State. In fact Husted might be even MORE of a crooked asshole than Ken Blackwell was. Not to mention that on top of local favorites Diebold, they now also use the Hart Intercivic machines owned by the Romneys themselves.

So more people may actually VOTE for Obama.... but how many of those votes will count?

knuckleboner
10-24-2012, 10:55 PM
Colorado (9) - obama
Florida (29) - romney
Iowa (6) - obama
Michigan (16) - obama
Nevada (6) - obama
New Hampshire (4) - obama
Ohio (18) - obama
Pennsylvania (20) - obama
Virginia (13) - romney
Wisconsin (10) - obama

i think colorado's the one question mark there. either way, obama wins enough.

FORD
10-24-2012, 11:30 PM
I was going to start one of those "interactive electoral map" threads like I have in past election seasons, but it seems like they have all gone to Farcebook/Twatter dependency in order to post your results, and I'm not interested in either of those time wasting ad-spammed privacy stealers.

BigBadBrian
10-25-2012, 07:01 AM
That idiot Laughing Joe was in OHIO when he said this:

BigBadBrian
10-25-2012, 07:37 AM
The main problem in Ohio is exactly what it was in 2004 - corrupt electro-fraud machines under control of a corrupt, hyper-partisan Repuke Secretary of State.

Yeah, ain't it cool? :killer:

BigBadBrian
10-25-2012, 07:38 AM
Colorado (9) - obama
Florida (29) - romney
Iowa (6) - obama
Michigan (16) - obama
Nevada (6) - obama
New Hampshire (4) - obama
Ohio (18) - obama
Pennsylvania (20) - obama
Virginia (13) - romney
Wisconsin (10) - obama

Colorado and Ohio are even now according to most polls with Romney having the momentum. We'll see.

Nickdfresh
10-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Actually, Romney is sinking in Ohio...

jhale667
10-25-2012, 11:41 AM
Actually, Romney is sinking in Ohio...

Obama was up 5 points in Ohio as of last night...

BigBadBrian
10-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Obama was up 5 points in Ohio as of last night...

Which poll?

FORD
10-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Yeah, ain't it cool? :killer:

You'll think it's cool when your son gets drafted and sent to IRAN.

Dr. Love
10-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Which candidate will take the following toss-up states? The number is the Electoral College Electors.

Colorado (9)
Florida (29)
Iowa (6)
Michigan (16)
Nevada (6)
New Hampshire (4)
Ohio (18)
Pennsylvania (20)
Virginia (13)
Wisconsin (10)

Latest RCP polls:

Colorado - Tie
Florida - Romney +1
Iowa - Tie
Michigan - Tie
Nevada - Obama +3
New Hampshire - Romney +2
Ohio - Obama +4 (averaged)
Pennsylvania - Obama +5
Virginia - Romney +2
Wisconsin - Obama +2

That gives Obama 54 and Romney 45 (assuming it's accurate at all)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/president/

Dr. Love
10-25-2012, 09:03 PM
Seems like if the states really break that way (not likely) then Obama just needs to win Michigan to get to 271... bad news for Romney

LoungeMachine
10-25-2012, 11:06 PM
Seems like if the states really break that way (not likely) then Obama just needs to win Michigan to get to 271... bad news for Romney

And laced with irony/karma

:gulp:

Let them go Bankrupt......ooops, wait.

knuckleboner
10-25-2012, 11:16 PM
Colorado and Ohio are even now according to most polls with Romney having the momentum. We'll see.

i'm admittingly taking a bigger guess with colorado. but ohio's going for obama.

Hardrock69
10-26-2012, 04:27 AM
1. Romney tried the lie that the White House did not call Libya an act of terrorism for two weeks during the second debate, and got shot down in flames immediately. Brian is so behind the times it is ridiculous.

2. CNN had a segment just yesterday where they basically said Romney cannot win the electoral college.

Mittens needs to give up.

BigBadBrian
10-26-2012, 06:16 AM
1. Romney tried the lie that the White House did not call Libya an act of terrorism for two weeks during the second debate, and got shot down in flames immediately. Brian is so behind the times it is ridiculous.

Read the timelines, read what was said. Quit having the media like CNN give you your talking points. Try to think on your own for once.

2. CNN had a segment just yesterday where they basically said Romney cannot win the electoral college. Mittens needs to give up.

Yeah, CNN is the authority on elections. :lmao:

BigBadBrian
10-26-2012, 08:04 AM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/579538_541215199227261_2057644690_n.jpg

BigBadBrian
10-26-2012, 08:08 AM
Latest RCP polls:

Colorado - Tie
Florida - Romney +1
Iowa - Tie
Michigan - Tie
Nevada - Obama +3
New Hampshire - Romney +2
Ohio - Obama +4 (averaged)
Pennsylvania - Obama +5
Virginia - Romney +2
Wisconsin - Obama +2

That gives Obama 54 and Romney 45 (assuming it's accurate at all)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/president/

RCP Average of all major polls:

Seshmeister
10-26-2012, 08:21 AM
Flag lapel pins are completely lame.

Kristy
10-26-2012, 01:32 PM

If Colorado falls to Obama it will be due to Rommel's and Eddie Munster's laziness to reach those in the eastern plains where most of the Retugs in this state live. Rommel won't dare visit Boulder, Greeley, Durango, or any other college town much less the most liberal bint of Denvoid - although he was at Red Rocks last week with Kid Rock. Rommel's been playing it safe here only going to known Rethug towns where no one dares questions him and the vampire boy.

binnie
10-26-2012, 03:10 PM
My ignorance of US politics has just punched me in the face - I figured Virginnia and Florida would be safe Republican states.

Not so?

Nitro Express
10-26-2012, 03:25 PM
If Colorado falls to Obama it will be due to Rommel's and Eddie Munster's laziness to reach those in the eastern plains where most of the Retugs in this state live. Rommel won't dare visit Boulder, Greeley, Durango, or any other college town much less the most liberal bint of Denvoid - although he was at Red Rocks last week with Kid Rock. Rommel's been playing it safe here only going to known Rethug towns where no one dares questions him and the vampire boy.

They are announcing on our local radio stations if you want to go to Colorado and knock doors for Romney the buses leave at such and such time. Everything is paid for. The bus, the lodging, the food. You just show up and they take you to Colorado and you become a Romney missionary for a few days. A lot goes on that you aren't going to see reported on the local media. Believe me, Romney is working on Colorado.

I remember when I was taking some classes at Syracuse University and I lived in a neighborhood that was between the university and some welfare projects. I played basketball with some of the kids from the projects and knew some of them. One day they had these big eagle charter buses lined up in the projects and I asked what was going on. One guy said it's election day. He said the community organizers bus us to the polls, they provide food, and drinks. He said they even get women for us. That was my first lesson on community organizing.

Hmm. If Romney is buying hot whores I might sign up. LOL!

Also, 99.9% of the people in the projects were black. None of them I knew were native to New York state. They all were from the south. Alabama mostly. They would complain about the weather and I would ask them why they didn't go back to Alabama and they said the welfare benefits were better in New York. So I pieced it together. The state and local politicians were enticing out of state people to come up and live on the dole for the exchange of a vote. This was 1985. You could tell at one time Syracuse was a grand city but it was in total decline. Carrier was leaving, Bristol Meyers was leaving, Fischer auto body folded up. I knew some managers at both Carrier and Bristol Meyers and they said the state taxes had become so high, they were relocating to Tennessee. Why were the taxes high? To pay for all the welfare. This was before China has really modernized to the point of being a big outsourcing point. NAFTA had not happened so Mexico was not a outsource area yet.

Hindsight being 20/20 you just see they are taking what killed the state of New York and they are trying to make the whole country that way. Then you look at the UN's Agenda 21 and you see they really don't care about having any industry here. They want most of the US to go back to nature with a few big cities. Then you have the same nutjobbers wanting to take over the whole middle east, rob the resources and then take on China and Russia or get them to fight each other or whatever. It's take over the world shit and turn the US into a big nature preserve with some ghetto cities full of working slaves. It's Rockefeller shit and their chums in Europe shit and they sell it all with the excuse of keeping us safe, saving the planet, and helping third world countries when in reality, it's a big, spiked strap-on ready to rip your ass apart. Bend over Joe Public, we have what's good for you. These people should be turned into compost. That would help nature more than anything.

FORD
10-26-2012, 03:29 PM
They are announcing on our local radio stations if you want to go to Colorado and knock doors for Romney the buses leave at such and such time. Everything is paid for. The bus, the lodging, the food. You just show up and they take you to Colorado and you become a Romney missionary for a few days. A lot goes on that you aren't going to see reported on the local media. Believe me, Romney is working on Colorado.

So who owns those radio stations? I'm guessing it's either Clear Channel (founded by the BCE and now owned by Bain Capital) or Bonneville Broadcasting, (owned by Elohim our Heavenly Father and His Holy Quorum of 12 in Salt Lake City).

In either case, it should be entirely fucking illegal to campaign in a state where you can't vote. But of course the Mormons are infamous for that (See Prop H8 in California)

Nitro Express
10-26-2012, 03:49 PM
I'm on the mailing list of Move On and I'm a registered Republican so I get all the right wing stuff. I don't know why but I got this big glossy 8x10 photo of Sarah Palin hand autographed thanking me for my donation and I never gave the McCain camp any money. I voted for Raph Nader. But I love to read what both the right and left send out and man do the stats differ. The polls differ widely. It's all bullshit. I don't even call them political parties anymore. They are political religions and I've become an athiest. I might write in the Spaghetti Monster for president and I'm fucking serious on that.

Nitro Express
10-26-2012, 03:55 PM
So who owns those radio stations? I'm guessing it's either Clear Channel (founded by the BCE and now owned by Bain Capital) or Bonneville Broadcasting, (owned by Elohim our Heavenly Father and His Holy Quorum of 12 in Salt Lake City).

In either case, it should be entirely fucking illegal to campaign in a state where you can't vote. But of course the Mormons are infamous for that (See Prop H8 in California)

Probably Bonneville. It's KID out of Idaho Falls and all the radio personalities are obviously Mormon. I mean Glenn Beck comes to the Huntsman ranch to fish every summer and he goes on the local radio. Mitt was on. You get the Romney cheer leading in the Mormon then Rush Limbaugh comes on then Sean Hannity. Coast to Coast AM at night. It's all right wing around here except for Teton county which is where I live and it's the only Democratic county in Wyoming. That's due to all the Californians that own a residence here and keep Wyoming their primary residence to dodge California taxes. They make the residence in Cali their vacation home. People will live here in the summer, go to So-Cal in the winter and come up to ski and go back. So all these California tax dodgers are Democrats which is funny. Wyoming has no state income tax because we tax our oil exports.

Nitro Express
10-26-2012, 04:02 PM
Jackson Hole is not really Mormon but Star Valley is and everything over the mountains in Idaho is. Jackson Hole is old east coast money and California money. The big Mormon money is on the other side of the Teton range on the Idaho side. There you will find the Huntsmans and even Carl Malone of Utah Jazz fame. Carl is not Mormon but his wife is. It's fashionable in the Utah jet set to have a ranch in Idaho with a view of the tetons. So it's HUGE Romney territory over there. Over here you see more Obama/Biden signs. The Dems seem to put their signs out more.

Nitro Express
10-26-2012, 04:17 PM
I got a summer job at KIRO in Seattle because I had connections at Bonneville. They just made a job for me. I probably made more money off of church connections than I ever gave the church in donations. The church isn't dumb. They have it figured out. You have to pretty much pay enough money to the church to where it looks like you are paying them the 10% tithing to get a temple recommend. You get a card that's good for a year that allows you to get into the temple. The temple is just a bunch of hocus pocus busy work but it's having the recommend that's the key. Without it you will never get a high church calling. You will be a nobody. If you play the game; espeicially, if you live in a rich Mormon area you can make a lot of money. The church knows this but you have to buy the priveledge to network with buying your card. It's not a church, it's a country club. It's not for everyone but people who like to be leaders and like attention love it. My dad did and he made a lot of money on church construction.

They don't building all these buildings and temples because they are needed. The church wants to own some land in a high value area and then everyone makes money off the construction project. It's much like the government actually. It can be Mohamad, Jesus, or the spaghetti monster or whatever. It's the system that's the key. Make up any story or dogma you want and if you are good enough at selling it and then retaining the offspring of the members, you have a long-term money generating business that is tax free. They key is you have to be a good salesman. Obama could have been one hell of a minster. LOL! Joe Biden would be good at it too.

Nickdfresh
10-26-2012, 04:28 PM
My ignorance of US politics has just punched me in the face - I figured Virginnia and Florida would be safe Republican states.

Not so?

At one point you would have been right, but Northern Virgina is now essentially a transient state supporting the U.S. Federal gov't with a lot of Northeastern liberals in the mix now. Florida is a state of retirees, many of them in the 47%...

FORD
10-26-2012, 04:35 PM
Romney's only shot at taking the vote legitimately in Florida is if Sheldon Adelson and the PNAC propagandists convince all the elderly Jews to buy into the NuttyYahoo propaganda about Iran.

Not that it really matters, because the legitimate vote is irrelevant in Florida, as we all know from 2000. And the last election where Allen Wackjob West was "elected" but Alan Grayson wasn't???

Seshmeister
10-26-2012, 06:04 PM

Not so?

No Florida is usually one of the absolute key States like in 2000.

Virginia is also a bit of a mix, close enough to places like Washington and Maryland to be Democrat but with a big rural Republican constituency.

I think we have posters from both here who will know a hell of a lot more about it than me although they are probably the two states in the US I have had most contact with...

BigBadBrian
11-03-2012, 01:12 PM
No Florida is usually one of the absolute key States like in 2000.

Virginia is also a bit of a mix, close enough to places like Washington and Maryland to be Democrat but with a big rural Republican constituency.

I think we have posters from both here who will know a hell of a lot more about it than me although they are probably the two states in the US I have had most contact with...

Sesh, you're mostly correct about Virginia. Virginia also has a huge Military/Department of Defense presence in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach/Chesapeake/Portsmouth/Suffolk/Hampton/Newport News (aka Tidewater or Hampton Roads) area of the Commonwealth that Va Beach VH Fan and I live in. :gulp:

knuckleboner
11-07-2012, 01:02 AM
Sesh, you're mostly correct about Virginia. Virginia also has a huge Military/Department of Defense presence in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach/Chesapeake/Portsmouth/Suffolk/Hampton/Newport News (aka Tidewater or Hampton Roads) area of the Commonwealth that Va Beach VH Fan and I live in. :gulp:

also, changing demographics in virginia.

Seshmeister
11-07-2012, 04:45 AM
Colorado (9) - Romney
Florida (29) - Romney
Iowa (6) -Romney
Michigan (16) - too close to call
Nevada (6) - Obama
New Hampshire (4) - Romney
Ohio (18) - Romney, barely
Pennsylvania (20) - Romney
Virginia (13) - Too close to call; currently Obama leads barely but Romney coming up fast.
Wisconsin (10) - Romney

:bigwink:

Nitro Express
11-07-2012, 05:18 AM
Romney's only shot at taking the vote legitimately in Florida is if Sheldon Adelson and the PNAC propagandists convince all the elderly Jews to buy into the NuttyYahoo propaganda about Iran.

Not that it really matters, because the legitimate vote is irrelevant in Florida, as we all know from 2000. And the last election where Allen Wackjob West was "elected" but Alan Grayson wasn't???

Henry Kissinger even said in ten years there won't be any Israel. I mean there are people there who actually believe the place will continue to exist because it's God's will. But one reason the Jews turned that wasteland into something productive if they had faith they could. So in a way religious faith is like a placebo effect. It's the same with the Mormons in Utah. They built some impressive buildings and infrastructure simply because they saw it as God's will. I think if they were just a bunch of people going into the wilderness, without that faith, no way would they have had the drive, belief, or will to do what they did. I heard one Navy Seal in an interview who said during their SEAL training they were given pills and told they would make them stronger. Then one day the pills weren't given out and some of them didn't have the strength they had before and then they were told the pills were placebos. LOL! It was all in their minds.

The thing is, World War II and The Holocaust is fading in people's minds. I think the empathy for the Jews to have their own special country is declining. The average American does not care about Israel. They just see our country falling apart and seeing that money we are giving those warmongering zionists would go to better use here. Without our money, Israel is toast.

When I was watching the election results I saw all this red in the middle and blue on the west and east coasts. I reminded me of when I took a class in college that combined economics, history, and politics into one study. We would war game future possibilities and one thing we came up with is the US would split into two or three separate countries due to religious, political, and economic differences. The west coast was one country, the east coast another and the middle was another country.

I mean the reality is if it's business as usual the conservatives and the liberals just are going to go their own way and split up. Unless there is some compromise in the middle and some real solutions get hammered out that is what is going to happen. How long it takes I have no idea. Maybe the US Federal Government has become so disfunctional it just will become it's own demise. That's kind of how I see it going.