X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

TMac set to goto Houston

TMac and Yao...good move for Houston...giving up Francis...who's interesting to say the least...and Mobley...an underrated player to say the least...

The actual deal is much bigger...Francis, Mobley, Cato and Bostjan Nachbar for McGrady, Howard, DeClerq and Tyrone Lue...

the other players being included because of the cap...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • Snoo

I'm a huge Rockets fan, and I started whooping and yelling when they first mentioned this on ESPNEWS...but now I'm not so sure. T-Mac is almost as much of a whiny bitch as Francis, and I'm not too thrilled with Mobley or Nachbar going. Oh well, at least this should reduce the turnovers by about twenty per game now.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Well...TMac has rightfully bitched because of the lack of coach...and support players (of course Grant Hill's contract has been a huge problem with this)...

I think TMac in Houston is a good fit because they'll have some cap room...after they dump players...and have a solid nucleus with Mac and Ming...

We'll see though...not nearly a done deal yet...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Snoo

Letting this leak out was a dumb move. Charlotte is going to take players they have no interest in just so they can deal them. Now they'll probably take Mobley and Nachbar just to hold them hostage and get something better from Houston. Maybe not though since the Rockets don't have a pick until the third round. I'm surprised Mobley was on the unprotected list, Van Gundy must really despise him.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Well...we'll see...them taking that guy from the Clippers was part of the deal in getting the number 2 pick...

I am a bit confused about Mobley being on that list...

Comment

• Snoo

Damn...now SportsLine is saying it can't be made official until July 15th because of something in Francis' contract. Somebody's bound to come up with a better offer by then.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Well...no...what would happen is they'd agree to the deal...then wait until the 15th to make it official...happens all the time...

there's probably a contract change starting on the fifteenth...that will make the cap numbers work...probably something to do with his bonus...

Comment

• Snoo

Yeah, I get that, but that doesn't mean someone can't make a better offer, and then the Magic decide to accept it instead. Until it's official, anything goes. SportsLine is also saying it's Francis/Mobley/Cato for McGrady/Howard/Lue, which I think it much better in the Rockets favor. They lived and died by the three for the most part, and getting to keep Nachbar, not to mention adding Lue, who is streaky, will make them dangerous.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Nah...it happens every year...deals are done in advance...I'm sure something is signed that could come back and haunt someone in court down the line...and you announce it in the middle of July...officially...that's all...it's not anything goes...

if this deal doesn't get done...it won't have anything to do with July 15...and everything to do with a better deal...

Comment

• Snoo

Oh. I assumed the rules in the NBA were like the rules in most of the other sports, where if something's not completely squared away, anything can happen.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Again...it depends on the scenario...right now nothing is done...no agreement has been made...

But...when you hear about it being a done deal...announced on ESPN with official players involved...before July 15th...it will be a done deal...

the league just won't announce it officially until the 15th...

Comment

• Snoo

Right, I got all that.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

The question though is if and when it becomes official...

I see TMac and Shaq are sitting down and trying to figure out how they both can end up in Dallas...

don't you love that...players trying to decide where they'll end up...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

It looks like Francis may be scaring this deal away...

He has cold feet about going to Orlando...lmfao...

maybe that Dallas deal isn't gone yet...

Comment

• Sarge
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

shit... another dupe thread!

I bet this deal falls through!
                              ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
                              The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
                              [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

Working...