X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

God Distances Self From Christian Right

THE HEAVENS—Responding to inflammatory remarks made by Republican Senate candidate Richard Mourdock during a debate Tuesday night, Our Lord God the Almighty Father sought today to distance Himself from both Mourdock and the entire right-wing fundamentalist Christian movement, sources confirmed.

“I want to make one thing absolutely clear: Mr. Mourdock’s comments from last night in no way reflect my position on this or any other issue,” said the Divine Creator, speaking at a press conference this afternoon to address Mourdock’s remarks that rape-induced pregnancies were God’s intent. “And furthermore, I would like to take this opportunity to say definitively that I, God, do not officially sanction or condone the words or actions of anyone involved in the fanatical, conservative Christian faction that Mr. Mourdock represents.”

“Many people hear my name in connection with the Christian Right and start to assume we are aligned in some capacity, and I’m here to say, for the record, that we are not,” God continued. “So let me just be clear: I don’t want women to get raped—not ever. I don’t think their resulting pregnancies are my divine will. And if a woman is raped, then she has the right to get an abortion, period. I do not agree with Mourdock. I do not agree with the Christian Right. End of story.”

Calling Mourdock’s comments “the last straw,” the Lord Our Maker explained that while in the past there have been a few areas where He and the religious Right have been in agreement, more often than not, in recent years, He and Christian conservatives have grown “actually quite far apart” on a wide range of issues.

God then went on to cite several incidents—ranging from the Westboro Baptist Church’s “God Hates Fags” campaign to Missouri Senate candidate Todd Akin’s remark this year that victims of “legitimate rape” rarely get pregnant—as examples of what He described as “an unmistakable and disturbing trend toward intolerance that I do not support.”

“What these people are saying betrays a worldview that is, frankly, completely different from my own, and it embarrases me to even hear my name mentioned alongside theirs,” God told reporters, emphatically. “For example, I’m not into capital punishment at all, or really killing in general, so I’m not sure where that whole talking point came from. On the same token, I don’t like guns very much, and I certainly wouldn’t say that everyone has a right to own guns—that’s absurd. Unlike Mr. Mourdock and many Christian Republicans, I agree with the overwhelming majority of climate scientists that global warming poses a major threat to the planet and must be addressed. I also believe stem cell research is very useful, and I think that if you’re gay, that’s fine by me.”

“Even on some economic issues we don’t quite see eye-to-eye,” continued the Eternal One, a self-described Keynesian who said He has “serious doubts” about the merits of trickle-down economics. “And, you know, a lot of this stuff is in the Ten Commandments, too, so I’m already on record as being not in agreement with a good majority of the Christian Right’s views. In fact, in the future, if people could just refrain from grouping us together in any way, I think that would be ideal.”

“That includes members of the Christian Right themselves—if they could stop talking about me entirely, that would be preferable,” God added. “In the end, probably best if we just completely went our separate ways here.”

At press time, God’s son, Jesus Christ, offered a countering view and confirmed He strongly believes pregnancies resulting from rape are, in fact, God’s gift.

• ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Is there a reason you posted this crap ??

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Unchainme
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2005

This is why I like being from the Quaker branch of Christianity

For the most part my church stayed out of politics and government matters. It's really how things should be.

Unless there is some legit civil rights cause (a group of churches being for same-sex marriage would do wonders for gay rights in my opinion), Churches really should stay out of the political spotlight
        Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Jesus Christ
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
          This is why I like being from the Quaker branch of Christianity

For the most part my church stayed out of politics and government matters. It's really how things should be.

Unless there is some legit civil rights cause (a group of churches being for same-sex marriage would do wonders for gay rights in my opinion), Churches really should stay out of the political spotlight
          A church which actually keeps My teachings?? What a concept!

Comment

• Jesus Christ
            Veteran
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
            At press time, God’s son, Jesus Christ, offered a countering view and confirmed He strongly believes pregnancies resulting from rape are, in fact, God’s gift.
            I realize that The Onion is a work of satire, but they really did not needeth to go there!

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

A group of churches being for same sex marriage might be the will of FORD, the RothArmy Faux News jesus...

But not the real Jesus...

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

This is MY commandment, that ye love one another.

And if two people love each other enough to be committed to each other for the rest of their lives, then why should they not be married?

Do not attribute the words of Leviticus to Me or My Dad. We did not write them.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

I'm tired of every Republican politician being a medical supergenius on vaginas. I want to hear gynecologists talk about the national debt— Bill Maher (@billmaher) October 26, 2012
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by conmee
                    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                    Originally posted by eddie78
                    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                      A group of churches being for same sex marriage might be the will of FORD, the RothArmy Faux News jesus...

Link?

Care to quote "The Real Jesus" on same sex marriage?

Or do you speaketh for Him now?
                      Originally posted by Kristy
                      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                      Originally posted by cadaverdog
                      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2004

No, he does NOT speaketh for Me!

Comment

• Unchainme
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2005

Society of Friends church is for it,

also...Mennonites. which is a bit of a pleasant surprise.
                          Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Yeah your imaginary friend is the real imaginary friend not one of those fake ones...

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

I like the Army's Jesus the best This is the one place I know he'll answer me
                              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Working...