X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Another VH logo thief

Dang. This one is blatant. Was on the freeway & from a distance thought it might be a tour truck hauling the bands gear or something. So I sped up. LOL! Geez. Seriously guys, at least make an attempt to be original.

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Damn.. that's pretty obvious.. nice find!
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eddie's lawyers are mobilizing as we speak, to take this guy down........
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Holy shit! Tell me this woman on their contact page isn't Hagar's sister?

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Wow. they have some pretty nice trucks with the logo all over the place.

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

That's band loyalty right there.
            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• So this is love
              Veteran
              • Jan 2012

I think it is good free advertising for Van Halen..everybody knows that logo for what it is....its subliminal you see it on the highway you don't think some transport company but daydream about your favorite band... but what do I know?
              Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I used to have a commercial truck driving license. I haven't driven a big rig for a long time. These pictures make me want to drive one again. I hated driving in town but loved being on an open road late at night in the middle of nowhere.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  I used to have a commercial truck driving license. I haven't driven a big rig for a long time. These pictures make me want to drive one again. I hated driving in town but loved being on an open road late at night in the middle of nowhere.
                  I've often thought of doing it. I would want long haul. Cross country type stuff. Listening to Coast To Coast while out in some middle of nowhere Nevada highway. have a bulldog. Live in the sleeper cab. Know all the truck stops. Now that I have nothing holding me anywhere I would love it. Total freedom and solitude.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                    I've often thought of doing it. I would want long haul. Cross country type stuff. Listening to Coast To Coast while out in some middle of nowhere Nevada highway. have a bulldog. Live in the sleeper cab. Know all the truck stops. Now that I have nothing holding me anywhere I would love it. Total freedom and solitude.
                    I drove for my dad's construction company. He had some idiot employees that did something stupid with a company truck and were lucky to not have killed someone. It was in his refractory division which was very profitable but you had to find people willing to work in industrial furnaces in very tough conditions. A lot of people would quit. The money was awsome because they had to pay it to keep employees. I was making $6,000 a week in the mid-80's working on coal fired power plants and nuclear power plants. What was awsome is I was kept on the same pay scale to drive a company truck We worked everything west of the Mississippi. I drove the truck and that was my job. It beat running a 90 pound jack hammer with silica dust flying around in the 100 plus degree air so thick you couldn't see wearing a respirator.

My brother in law drives for Associated Grocers in Seattle. He loves that short haul and the challenge of backing into small loading docks. It would drive me crazy. He's made a good living doing it and is about to retire. One of my friends was an independent trucker but you have to keep the rig going all the time to pay for it and it's hard to make any real money due to the overhead. Fuel prices are a killer. So he hired on with Wal-Mart. He just drives and collects a check and likes it better than owning his own rig.

If you want to long-haul it's hard if you have a family situation with kids. It can be wonderful if you have a girlfriend or wife that wants to ride along. The people that drove the moving van when we moved up here were a husband and wife team. They loved it.

Give it a shot. There is no reason you can't do it. Trucking is a business that you have to be flexible and willing to move where the opportunities are. If you have some education you always can get on the management side of things. I know guys who are depot managers and they make more money but they hunger for the road. I think driving for a rock and roll band would be fun.

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

If you want to long-haul it's hard if you have a family situation with kids.

Family, house & dogs are all gone now. It's just me and a storage room at Public Storage with some furniture. Like I said, I got nothing holding me anywhere. Nothing to pack & no one to say goodbye to. Mobile wifi and a laptop is all I need.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Family, house & dogs are all gone now. It's just me and a storage room at Public Storage with some furniture. Like I said, I got nothing holding me anywhere. Nothing to pack & no one to say goodbye to. Mobile wifi and a laptop is all I need.
                        You are a free man. That's a huge advantage.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                          Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I remember you talking about this job before, if I have the timeline right this was after being a cosmonaut for the Russians but just before the hooker murdering phase...

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              I remember you talking about this job before, if I have the timeline right this was after being a cosmonaut for the Russians but just before the hooker murdering phase...
                              HAHA! No shit. Dude has some serious life experiences in his pocket for real. Always fun to be around people with a lot of stories to tell about life.

Comment

Working...