PDA

View Full Version : The Roth Army Disaster Relief Thread

BigBadBrian
10-25-2012, 02:35 PM
http://icons.wunderground.com/data/images/at201218_ensmodel.gif

FORD
10-25-2012, 02:40 PM
They just called this a "FrankenStorm" on the radio since it's likely to be more like a winter storm, powered by hurricane winds as opposed to the usual "warm" hurricane.

But of course, there's no such thing as global climate change........ just keep on telling yourself that.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-25-2012, 02:41 PM
Yup, we're sure to get at least a swipe of that.....

Nickdfresh
10-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Even though the landfall will blunt the storm by the time it hits here, there's going to be a lot of rain and wind next week. It's a beautiful, record setting near 80F here today. It's going to be in the 40's by Monday.... :(

FORD
10-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Curious how this storm seems projected to hit hardest in the northeast, and (according to what I heard on the radio just now) might go as far in land as Ohio. If this had happened a week later, I'd be going into Phil The Stalker HAARP weather machine mode about this being a plot to disrupt the election.

Actually this could work out for the best though..... if there's a massive power outage resulting from this storm, the first priority should be to get the roads open. Then start printing paper ballots, and leave the goddamned fraud machines inoperable.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-25-2012, 04:11 PM
Curious how this storm seems projected to hit hardest in the northeast, and (according to what I heard on the radio just now) might go as far in land as Ohio. If this had happened a week later, I'd be going into Phil The Stalker HAARP weather machine mode about this being a plot to disrupt the election.

Actually this could work out for the best though..... if there's a massive power outage resulting from this storm, the first priority should be to get the roads open. Then start printing paper ballots, and leave the goddamned fraud machines inoperable.

Damn, I just realized that....

Might be millions without power....

Nitro Express
10-25-2012, 04:13 PM
They just called this a "FrankenStorm" on the radio since it's likely to be more like a winter storm, powered by hurricane winds as opposed to the usual "warm" hurricane.

But of course, there's no such thing as global climate change........ just keep on telling yourself that.

Well there's frozen rain forest under Antarctica so this climate change thing is nothing new. The dinosaur age ended the human age will end sometime. Maybe the insects will take over next. I mean we can't even make a five year budget and people expect the government to fix climate change?:biggrin: Sorry. Politicans are only good at buying votes and looting. They aren't very good at fixing the planet.

Kristy
10-25-2012, 04:31 PM
Well it just snowed about 3 inches here last night and we're expecting more - which of course, my paranoid delusional self thinks was HAARP-related due to the heavy (and I mean heavy) chemtrail activity two days before. Be interesting to see if "Frankenstorm" slams New York and paralyzes election day there.

Nickdfresh
10-25-2012, 04:53 PM
It's going to fuckup Halloween for the kiddies for sure...

Nitro Express
10-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Well it just snowed about 3 inches here last night and we're expecting more - which of course, my paranoid delusional self thinks was HAARP-related due to the heavy (and I mean heavy) chemtrail activity two days before. Be interesting to see if "Frankenstorm" slams New York and paralyzes election day there.

I miss the simple days of when people just worried about nukes. Now they worry about all sorts of stuff.

Seshmeister
10-25-2012, 06:28 PM

Oh for fuck sake...

ELVIS
10-25-2012, 06:38 PM
And I'm the conspiracy theorist ??

twonabomber
10-25-2012, 06:44 PM
Curious how this storm seems projected to hit hardest in the northeast, and (according to what I heard on the radio just now) might go as far in land as Ohio.

yep.

we hit 83 or so today. that high pressure front is supposedly going to collide with the remains of Sandy and fuck things up here.

Well it just snowed about 3 inches here last night and we're expecting more - which of course, my paranoid delusional self thinks was HAARP-related due to the heavy (and I mean heavy) chemtrail activity two days before.

you are in the mountains, isn't it supposed to snow there? you guys get all panicked and shut everything down...and here we just keep goin'.

BigBadBrian
10-26-2012, 08:31 AM
And I'm the conspiracy theorist ??

Yes, you are. And Kristy is correct, this could throw a wrench into the election process in certain locations.

FORD, how do you think these paper ballots you speak of are printed? What powers those printing machines? Electricity. There's not enough of the manual hand-crank mimeograph (smell the ink) machines in existence.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-26-2012, 08:55 AM
Yes, you are. And Kristy is correct, this could throw a wrench into the election process in certain locations.

FORD, how do you think these paper ballots you speak of are printed? What powers those printing machines? Electricity. There's not enough of the manual hand-crank mimeograph (smell the ink) machines in existence.

Let's just hope that they're being proactive for a change....

Looks like that thing is gonna hit with a week to spare before the election.... I could certainly see power being out for more than a week in the hardest hit spots....

Kristy
10-26-2012, 09:56 AM
You are in the mountains, isn't it supposed to snow there? you guys get all panicked and shut everything down...and here we just keep goin'.

Yes. And No. And no one here panics except for assholes Texan and California transplants oh and dipshits from the east coast.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-26-2012, 09:57 AM
Yes. And No. And no one here panics except for assholes Texan and California transplants oh and dipshits from the east coast.

Oh behalf of all East Coast dipshits, fuck you.....

Kristy
10-26-2012, 10:04 AM
No, fuck you and your $80,000 SUV's, that you're too pussy to take out when there is just a trace of snow on the roads, your $6 lattes and Blue Tooth headsets. Oh, and not mention you cant find a "good pizzeria" anywhere in the state. East coast people are the biggest complainers on the entire planet.

(And they're F A T, too)

Va Beach VH Fan
10-26-2012, 10:04 AM
Moved to the Front Line, 'cause I think it's looking likely it's gonna impact the election in some sort....

Va Beach VH Fan
10-26-2012, 10:06 AM
No, fuck you and your $80,000 SUV's, that you're too pussy to take out when there is just a trace of snow on the roads, your $6 lattes and Blue Tooth headsets. Oh, and not mention you cant find a "good pizzeria" anywhere in the state. East coast people are the biggest complainers on the entire planet.

(And they're F A T, too)

Holy hell, stereotype much ??

[Although I'll give ya the "driving in the snow" part, growing up next to Lake Erie this area kills me...]

Kristy
10-26-2012, 10:22 AM
East coast people (especially New Englanders) pretty much stereotype themselves. I went to school with loads of rich east coast people and every one of them complained about, well, anything!

Typical east coaster: "I just spent $74,000 on my new Mercedes SUV! Because, shit, you know, this is Colorado and EVERYONE here drives an SUV! Can't wait until it snows so I can take it up to the mountains and go skiing because, shit, you know, EVERYONE in Colorado goes skiing!"

Then it snows less than an inch or two.

"Well, it looks bad out there better keep my overpriced pile of shit SUV in the garage because, you know, don't want to get it dented or scratched if a pine tree fell on the road and somehow fucked up the paint because, shit, you know, pine trees fall over ALL THE TIME in Colorado!"

And then go back back to their latte-sipping, moronic one-sided conversational Blue Tooth CAN I TALK ANY MORE FUCKING LOUDER in public assholeness about not being able to find a good pizza joint.

Who says "pizza joint" anymore?

Granted I'll take and east coaster over a Texan or worse, a moron from Wisconsin any day of the week.

Nickdfresh
10-26-2012, 10:33 AM
East coast people (especially New Englanders) pretty much stereotype themselves. I went to school with loads of rich east coast people and every one of them complained about, well, anything!

Typical east coaster: "I just spent $74,000 on my new Mercedes SUV! Because, shit, you know, this is Colorado and EVERYONE here drives an SUV! Can't wait until it snows so I can take it up to the mountains and go skiing because, shit, you know, EVERYONE in Colorado goes skiing!"

Then it snows less than an inch or two.

"Well, it looks bad out there better keep my overpriced pile of shit SUV in the garage because, you know, don't want to get it dented or scratched if a pine tree fell on the road and somehow fucked up the paint because, shit, you know, pine trees fall over ALL THE TIME in Colorado!"

And then go back back to their latte-sipping, moronic one-sided conversational Blue Tooth CAN I TALK ANY MORE FUCKING LOUDER in public assholeness about not being able to find a good pizza joint.

Who says "pizza joint" anymore?

Granted I'll take and east coaster over a Texan or worse, a moron from Wisconsin any day of the week.

You seem bitter...

Kristy
10-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Hey, you spend a summer in Wisconsin and live to tell about it.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-26-2012, 10:38 AM

I must have missed the memo saying that if you live on the East Coast you're rich, much less have the kind of money to buy a $74,000 SUV or have the money to go cross country to go to college with out-of-state tuition....

Don't paint so broad a brush because of some obviously wealthy kids.....

Kristy
10-26-2012, 10:40 AM
Really? I left it on the fridge.

Kristy
10-26-2012, 10:50 AM
At least be thankful you don't live in or come from Wisconsin (or Texas).

Nickdfresh
10-26-2012, 10:52 AM
Are Buffalo and Cleveland "rich" cities? There certainly is money here along with a fading middle class. But stereotyping people is sort of the first step towards herding them into murder-showers...

ThrillsNSpills
10-26-2012, 11:19 AM

(And they're F A T, too)

I live on the east coast and all of my rich friends are the nicest people you could ever want to meet.
And they're all thin.
Seems like you complain a lot though.

Kristy
10-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Never complained much until the east coasters showed up.

You're like the Jimmy Page's of America.

So this is love
10-26-2012, 11:44 AM
:lmao:

ThrillsNSpills
10-26-2012, 12:17 PM
I should clarify that most of the obese people I know are not very well off (not that I'm keeping score, it's all relative anyway) and they live off high fructose corn syrup and genetically modified food and unfortunately can't be told anything, and that's fine I guess. I'm not trying to generalize though or imply someone else's experiences are invalid.

FORD
10-26-2012, 01:25 PM
I should clarify that most of the obese people I know are not very well off (not that I'm keeping score, it's all relative anyway) and they live off high fructose corn syrup and genetically modified food and unfortunately can't be told anything, and that's fine I guess. I'm not trying to generalize though or imply someone else's experiences are invalid.

Exactly.....

Rich people who are fat are only that way because they choose to be. They can afford to eat better and avoid high fructose corn poison and other chemical additives in crap food which make you fat.

Now as far as people who can't drive in snow, the obvious answer to that would be Californians. Hell, some of them haven't learned to drive in the RAIN yet! :biggrin:

Seriously, I remember one heavy snowstorm here a few years back. Traffic moving ridiculously slow under these conditions. I'm on a three lane road and I see the cars in all three lanes in front of me have "foreign" license plates.

Lane 1 - California. Oh shit.
Lane 2 - Arizona. Crap.... well maybe the dude's from Flagstaff or somewhere else up north, where it actually snows, but why chance it..
Lane 3 - Colorado....... yeah Rocky Mountains.... this guy knows what he's doing.

Sure enough..... me and the Colorado dude got way out ahead of the rest of the snow-phobic pack.

Nitro Express
10-26-2012, 01:34 PM
I've lived in ski resort towns most my life and then I lived in upstate New York in the snow belt. So I have done a fair amount of driving in the snow. The scariest snow driving experience is when we were going to Seattle to spend the holidays with my wife's family. Snoquamie pass was solid ice and people were doing 80mph down it! Cars sliding and crashing everywhere. The Seattle area was so bad. My sister lived up in Pine Lake on the Redmond plataue just east of Lake Samamish and the road was so slick I was spinning my Goodyear Wranger tires in four wheel drive. I locked the brakes and the my truck was just sliding down the hill backwards.

I'm going to Bellevue to the mall there to buy some Christmas presents and people are just driving fast as hell on I-90. People have chains on and they are driving like 70-80 MPH and on some cars the chains had come loose and they were just beating the wheel well. I was just happy I didn't get in pile up that day. The problem is in Seattle it rains, that freezes and then it snows on that. Then of course there is no sand for traction and lot's of idiots on the road and it's hellish winter driving.

Nitro Express
10-26-2012, 01:40 PM
I was driving home from San Fransisco and I'm going through Sacramento. On I-80 if you get in the left lane thinking that is going to go straight it doesn't. The right lane goes straight and the left lane goes to Placerville and the Sacramento business loop. So I'm on the Sacramento business loop in rush hour traffic and it's raining cats and dogs. Cars are sliding and crashing all over the place. I want to get up and over Donner's pass and to Reno before dark and now I'm stuck with a bunch of idiots crashing all over the place because they don't understand fresh rain on a oil covered road can be slick as ice. Slow down assholes!

FORD
10-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Yeah... when it snows in the Pacific Northwest, there's always some amusing footage on the news of idiots who think they can drive on hills that haven't been plowed, sanded, or anything. In Olympia, they don't even bother with the worst hills. People who have lived here long enough know better than to drive on those streets, but they started putting up barricades for the benefit of the newer residents.

But compact ice.... there ain't nothing that makes that easy to drive on.

Nitro Express
10-26-2012, 01:46 PM
It doesn't cost anymore to eat healthy. It can actually save you money. The processed foods are actually more expensive than the healthy food is. Of course you can spend premium for the so called organic stuff but a lot of that is marketing. Gardens are pretty cheap. It's all about being informed and knowing where to get your food. Dirt and shit and some seeds are pretty cheap.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-26-2012, 01:48 PM
But to get back on topic.....

Kristy
10-26-2012, 01:52 PM
But to get back on topic.....

I agree. Wisconsin sucks. What a painful place to ever live. And not painful in a tie me up daddy and spank me with your belt because I've been a naughty girl painful kind of way, but more of a toothache in your heel (to quote a Dylan line) kind of way.

FORD
10-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Wisconsin has certainly taken a turn for the worse since the KKKoch Brothers took over the state. :(

twonabomber
10-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Are Buffalo and Cleveland "rich" cities? There certainly is money here along with a fading middle class. But stereotyping people is sort of the first step towards herding them into murder-showers...

Here, the money doesn't live in Cleveland. The money lives AROUND Cleveland. Sure, the new owner of the Browns bought a house on the lake not far from the stadium for $4.1 million, but most of the players live on the west side, mostly in Westlake. Others have lived just south of Cleveland proper, in Chagrin Falls and Moreland Hills, and a few further out in the sticks where I used to live.

The only reason I'm looking forward to snow this year is so I can try out the new tires on my Jeep. My little village does a good job with the snow removal, and if they didn't it wouldn't stop me.

Nickdfresh
10-27-2012, 01:34 PM
With Hurricane Sandy bearing down on the East Coast with the possibility of an extended power outage for much of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern regions of the U.S., maybe this ain't a bad idea?

American Red Cross Link Here (http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations)

They also have an App on their main site for donations: http://www.redcross.org/

Please post links for reputable international relief agencies to help in the Caribbean as well...

Nickdfresh
10-27-2012, 01:44 PM
Here, the money doesn't live in Cleveland. The money lives AROUND Cleveland. Sure, the new owner of the Browns bought a house on the lake not far from the stadium for $4.1 million, but most of the players live on the west side, mostly in Westlake. Others have lived just south of Cleveland proper, in Chagrin Falls and Moreland Hills, and a few further out in the sticks where I used to live.

The only reason I'm looking forward to snow this year is so I can try out the new tires on my Jeep. My little village does a good job with the snow removal, and if they didn't it wouldn't stop me.

Same here for the most part, although there has been a movement of many to move back into the city in various high end apartment conversion projects and buying up some of the old money mansions that exist from the turn-of-the-previous-centuries. I'm looking into going downtown once things get settled a bit...

Fairwrning
10-27-2012, 02:02 PM
Its gonna be bad..We had a " derichio" wind storm here a month or so back..no power for a week and longer in some areas. 74 mph winds for a few hours..this one is gonna last days.Im inland a bit so maybe we get lucky this time.

Nickdfresh
10-27-2012, 02:24 PM
This might be the first actual "Tropical Storm" that hits Buffalo in my lifetime. We usually get the tired and pissed out leftovers with some rain, this might roar through PA at full force and they're saying our power might be out along with everyone else. Then again, it might piss itself out before it hits here Tuesday. But I'm stocking up on canned goods today...

Va Beach VH Fan
10-27-2012, 03:09 PM
But again, to get back on topic....

The victims of Sandy will find it a blessing in disguise that the storm happened prior to the election, 'cause if Romney actually wins, you can kiss FEMA goodbye.....

Va Beach VH Fan
10-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Storms like these are good ammunition for the infrastructure debate...

Most of VA Beach has underground electric cables, so if the power does go out it's due to other areas....

Get the cabling underground, many fewer power outages....

Fairwrning
10-27-2012, 03:34 PM

Most of VA Beach has underground electric cables, so if the power does go out it's due to other areas....

We havent gotten that advanced in SW Va yet...It looks like we will get lucky for the most part here..but 50 mph winds will wreck the power.

Fairwrning
10-27-2012, 03:35 PM
On the bright side..I may not have to rake leaves this year..they may end up in Tennessee.

FORD
10-27-2012, 03:51 PM

You would think that would be a "no-brainer", right??

Every time we get a major storm up here, it never fails..... falling trees meet power lines, and you get thousands (even millions last winter, I think) without power for several days.

And I'm reasonably certain that any new construction around here has buried lines (electric/cable/phone) but it's still gotta go through a lot of the old above ground way up on the poles networks to get there.

Nitro Express
10-27-2012, 04:11 PM

I doubt the high tension lines feeding the substations are underground. Probably the trunk lines and service lines are. This is pretty much the norm in new developments but in older neighborhoods the service lines are still on poles.

FORD
10-27-2012, 04:17 PM

The victims of Sandy will find it a blessing in disguise that the storm happened prior to the election, 'cause if Romney actually wins, you can kiss FEMA goodbye.....

Or at the very least, he would put another horse trainer in charge, especially since he has connections in the Olympic dancing horse community.

Nitro Express
10-27-2012, 04:17 PM
You would think that would be a "no-brainer", right??

Every time we get a major storm up here, it never fails..... falling trees meet power lines, and you get thousands (even millions last winter, I think) without power for several days.

And I'm reasonably certain that any new construction around here has buried lines (electric/cable/phone) but it's still gotta go through a lot of the old above ground way up on the poles networks to get there.

My sister was without power for about a week. She said it was a good thing because her kids got real creative. There was no computer games or TV and they used their brains more. They started playing chess instead. Maybe society would get smarter if we pulled the plug.

Nitro Express
10-27-2012, 04:31 PM
Same here for the most part, although there has been a movement of many to move back into the city in various high end apartment conversion projects and buying up some of the old money mansions that exist from the turn-of-the-previous-centuries. I'm looking into going downtown once things get settled a bit...

You don't buy the house. You buy the neighborhood. Old neighborhoods only come back when the neighborhood is cleaned up. Then remodeling an old house can cost more than building a new one. To have modern wiring and plumbing it usually means tearing out all the old lath and plaster and redoing the whole inside. I've seen some successful neighborhood restoration but most of it tends to be hit and miss. Usually a good housing investment strategy is buy the smallest house in the most expensive neighborhood you can afford.

Nitro Express
10-27-2012, 04:34 PM

FEMA is a joke. You really should have your own emergency supplies and strategy and just assume it's not going to be there.

Nickdfresh
10-27-2012, 04:39 PM
FEMA is a joke. You really should have your own emergency supplies and strategy and just assume it's not going to be there.

How the fuck would you know? Did you drive trucks for them or serve as Deputy Chancellor?

Nickdfresh
10-27-2012, 04:39 PM
You don't buy the house. You buy the neighborhood. Old neighborhoods only come back when the neighborhood is cleaned up. Then remodeling an old house can cost more than building a new one. To have modern wiring and plumbing it usually means tearing out all the old lath and plaster and redoing the whole inside. I've seen some successful neighborhood restoration but most of it tends to be hit and miss. Usually a good housing investment strategy is buy the smallest house in the most expensive neighborhood you can afford.

I don't think I would buy a house, I may buy a flat on the waterfront...

Nitro Express
10-27-2012, 04:48 PM
How the fuck would you know? Did you drive trucks for them or serve as Deputy Chancellor?

No I've seen first hand how they handled a flood. They are so wasteful and incompetent. I also know a former FEMA manager. People depend on the federal government too much. FEMA does have some good advice on putting together your own emergency supplies and strategy. There is no excuse to do that especially when you live in an area prone to disasters. People need to be more proactive instead of having this lazy attitude on what is the government going to give me? Everyone has their hand out and it needs to stop.

Hardrock69
10-27-2012, 04:55 PM
On the bright side..I may not have to rake leaves this year..they may end up in Tennessee.

They are already here....I spent 2 hours with a leaf blower blowing them around yesterday....

Nitro Express
10-27-2012, 04:57 PM
I don't think I would buy a house, I may buy a flat on the waterfront...

Buffalo is one of the grand canal cities. You can tell there was a lot of money there at one time. I think getting the Canadian shoppers helps your economy more than other lake towns but a medical campus and call centers just isn't going to make up for the lost transportation and manufacturing industry. You still need a manufacturing base and the reason the cities on the great lakes did so well is water is the cheapest way to move cargo. I never bought the concept services were going to replace consumer goods and they sold that hard in business school. We don't even do services good anymore. It still boils down to the quality of people you have in your area. You have places in the world that thrive with very few resources because the people are high quality and then you have some of the richest land in the world and nobody has done anything with it. It's why Asia is going to eat the western countries lunch. They get up in the morning and take life as it comes and they go to work. Here everyone is blaming this and that for their problems and want the government to provide everything and nothing gets done. That attitude just empowers the crooked people in power more. They shit a brick when the population says we don't want anything from you and we don't need you. Want to change things, don't take the bribes.

Nitro Express
10-27-2012, 05:00 PM
It's why I'm glad I have all evergreen trees in my yard. I tried to get some aspen trees growing but the moose eat them.

Nickdfresh
10-27-2012, 05:18 PM
No I've seen first hand how they handled a flood. They are so wasteful and incompetent. I also know a former FEMA manager. People depend on the federal government too much. FEMA does have some good advice on putting together your own emergency supplies and strategy. There is no excuse to do that especially when you live in an area prone to disasters. People need to be more proactive instead of having this lazy attitude on what is the government going to give me? Everyone has their hand out and it needs to stop.

Which flood?

Nickdfresh
10-27-2012, 05:26 PM
Buffalo is one of the grand canal cities. You can tell there was a lot of money there at one time. I think getting the Canadian shoppers helps your economy more than other lake towns but a medical campus and call centers just isn't going to make up for the lost transportation and manufacturing industry. You still need a manufacturing base and the reason the cities on the great lakes did so well is water is the cheapest way to move cargo. I never bought the concept services were going to replace consumer goods and they sold that hard in business school. We don't even do services good anymore. It still boils down to the quality of people you have in your area. You have places in the world that thrive with very few resources because the people are high quality and then you have some of the richest land in the world and nobody has done anything with it. It's why Asia is going to eat the western countries lunch. They get up in the morning and take life as it comes and they go to work. Here everyone is blaming this and that for their problems and want the government to provide everything and nothing gets done. That attitude just empowers the crooked people in power more. They shit a brick when the population says we don't want anything from you and we don't need you. Want to change things, don't take the bribes.

There still is some manufacturing here with the Ford plant not far from where I live and a major contractor to GM, and a relatively skilled and hardworking workforce that will almost kill to get a decent wage job. But there are places that get by without all that much manufacturing but I'm not sure what the best solution is here other than the lakefront and waterfront are very scenic during the summers, and have become minor tourist destinations. The problem is that you have an old, mostly derelict steel mill on tons of contaminated soil covering some of the choicest waterfront area and is probably unfeasible to clean up now, but would make a great "infrastructure" project. A group wants to now relocate the Buffalo Bills' stadium along the lakefront along with a huge campus of shopping centers, restaurants, etc. That'd be great, but it will cost well over a billion dollars. If the new owners of the Bills decide to leave town when the 90+ year old owner dies, that could also be a big fucking problem! On the bright side, in addition to having medical campuses and call centers, Buffalo is becoming a college town with the University of Buffalo (UB) becoming a large international destination and noted medical school...

Nickdfresh
10-27-2012, 05:31 PM
What could be a major problem here and other places in PA and NY is that we're getting a couple of inches of rain or more even before this things hits due to a system out of the Midwest. We may have nearly double the rainfall this coming week than we had during the entire drought-ridden summer...

Nitro Express
10-27-2012, 05:36 PM
There still is some manufacturing here with the Ford plant not far from where I live and a major contractor to GM, and a relatively skilled and hardworking workforce that will almost kill to get a decent wage job. But there are places that get by without all that much manufacturing but I'm not sure what the best solution is here other than the lakefront and waterfront are very scenic during the summers, and have become minor tourist destinations. The problem is that you have an old, mostly derelict steel mill on tons of contaminated soil covering some of the choicest waterfront area and is probably unfeasible to clean up now, but would make a great "infrastructure" project. A group wants to now relocate the Buffalo Bills' stadium along the lakefront along with a huge campus of shopping centers, restaurants, etc. That'd be great, but it will cost well over a billion dollars. If the new owners of the Bills decide to leave town when the 90+ year old owner dies, that could also be a big fucking problem! On the bright side, in addition to having medical campuses and call centers, Buffalo is becoming a college town with the University of Buffalo (UB) becoming a large international destination and noted medical school...

I have a friend in Seattle who works for a company that specializes in cleaning up industrial waste sites. They do it all around the world. I did some work with Lockheed/Martin on a big nuclear waste site clean up project. The problem with a lot of this, is these companies just milk the government for money and don't really get anything done. They were going to encase a pit where a blown nuclear reactor was buried and then dig the waste up with robots and encase it in glass. Then they were scared of making the situation worse. I was a paper shuffler getting my check. I took another job and from what I saw Lockheed/Martin was building a bridge to nowhere.

I've seen too much of that over the years. I think we could clean a lot of stuff up, but the will is not there. People just want a paycheck and who cares if the objective is ever accomplished. The government seems to be the big sucker customer everyone is gouging. It's in everything and people think they can continue doing it on a mass scale. It's very frustrating.

We have a chronic lack of leadership across the board. The system rewards whether you fail or not. In the government. In business. Everyone wants a bailout and nobody gives a ratt's ass if they accomplish anything or not.

Nickdfresh
10-27-2012, 06:42 PM
I have a friend in Seattle who works for a company that specializes in cleaning up industrial waste sites. They do it all around the world.

Interesting. Because I've also worked for a company whose environmental division was a primary response contractor for the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers. I was no engineer or project manager mind you, but I did get a fair amount of experience and was trained to work and supervise in contaminated environments. Also, we have Sevenson here out of Niagara Falls. They were just an ordinary construction and "dirt work" company until a little problem in the 1970s in a Niagara Falls neighborhood called Love Canal caused them to essentially write the book on contaminated site remediation...

I did some work with Lockheed/Martin on a big nuclear waste site clean up project.

Really? You worked for LM directly, or was it a contractor? My brother was a project manager for General Electric for a short time...

The problem with a lot of this, is these companies just milk the government for money and don't really get anything done.

Um, my experience is that there is indeed a fair amount of "milking" that goes on, one company I worked for, owned by knuckleheads, more or less chased thin veins of contaminated soil deep under the original projected excavation site that arguably should just have been reburied under clean fill since they posed no threat hundreds of feet down, for instance. But the gov't and engineers thought different, but at the end of the day it really didn't make much difference either way. But to say "they don't get anything done" is one of the biggest pieces of bullshit you've posed as prior experience, in your impressively varied life experiences of dozens of jobs, here ever. In fact, if they get nothing done, big fines are paid, lawsuits will be rolled out, they can be prosecuted for fraud, and heads will roll and careers will be ruined in the various gov't agencies overseeing them. That is fact! I've been on many sites where much was done. I don't get the impression you have or have much of a fucking clue of which you are talking about...

They were going to encase a pit where a blown nuclear reactor was buried and then dig the waste up with robots and encase it in glass. Then they were scared of making the situation worse. I was a paper shuffler getting my check. I took another job and from what I saw Lockheed/Martin was building a bridge to nowhere.

Cool story, broh. But I am unfamiliar with the position of "paper shuffler". I'm not sure why they would need remote controlled excavation equipment as human operators in the appropriate PPE supported by diligent monitoring and extensive decontamination should be fine and would be cheaper and quicker, though I could be wrong. My brother was also a project manager for the same afore mentioned company of knuckleheads I worked for, he was on a project in New England where one of the many subcontractors in the Manhattan Project thought it would be a fine idea to simply throwaway weapons grade nuclear waste into public landfills. Sixty years later, it didn't seem like such a great idea, and they dug up said landfill. But it was hardly a "nothing" job and probably prevented lawsuits and secured nuke biohazard material with lots of bad uses...

I'm also unclear as to what a major weapons and defense contractor/manufacturer would be doing running what is essentially an elaborate construction project entailing a good deal of experience and expertise. But what would you have them to do? Dig up the reactor and throw it in a playground? Of course they're going to be cautious. I dunno the scale or scope of the operation, but probably it isn't a great idea to leave leaky nukes in the ground regardless as leeching and other things can become serious issues. In the 40's-60's, they didn't often think of things that way as it was 'out-of-site, out-of-mind.'

I've seen too much of that over the years.

Was that while you were truckdriving?

I think we could clean a lot of stuff up, but the will is not there.

There is will, and then there is the money to pay for it. You have to have an awful lot of will to get monies for infrastructure in the U.S. However can we build several hundred million dollar fighters we probably don't need if we pay people and small business to clean up the environment?

People just want a paycheck and who cares if the objective is ever accomplished. The government seems to be the big sucker customer everyone is gouging. It's in everything and people think they can continue doing it on a mass scale. It's very frustrating.

Oh look, more bullshit truisms! :) Um, actually the people I knew loved their paychecks certainly, but they also had massive egos and reputations to protect, uphold and very much "cared" about their projects and jobs. And you've obviously never worked under the USACE personnel. They are very aware of how much and what everything costs, often to the point of absurdity. I believe they often end up with at least some of the equipment at the end of the project...

We have a chronic lack of leadership across the board. The system rewards whether you fail or not. In the government. In business. Everyone wants a bailout and nobody gives a ratt's ass if they accomplish anything or not.

You're clueless and really need to stop bullshitting people on things you know fuckall about...

Fairwrning
10-28-2012, 06:00 PM
Hang in there folks...its gonna be nasty.

Fairwrning
10-28-2012, 06:05 PM
300 miles wide...sustained 75 mph winds...just getting started

FORD
10-28-2012, 07:24 PM
It's why I'm glad I have all evergreen trees in my yard. I tried to get some aspen trees growing but the moose eat them.

Evergreen trees ain't the sturdiest in the nasty storms either. The old growth trees? Sure. But the younger ones - while they hold up under the snow and ice storms that would snap the aspens in two - they aren't a lot better in the strong winds. And if they happen to be on a hillside that's eroding because of flooding, they're pretty much fucked.

Not to mention (depending on where you are) the clearcutting of old growth forest has made many areas more susceptible to flooding, because the roots of those big trees used to suck up a lot of that water, and now it's got nowhere to go.

Sensible Shoes
10-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Schools here closed on Mon & Tues already and a state of emergency declared. Can we say "overreact"?

twonabomber
10-28-2012, 07:54 PM
I put the garbage can in the garage. Storm prep done.

Nickdfresh
10-28-2012, 08:41 PM
I got water, beer and...okay I'm all set for the storm...

twonabomber
10-28-2012, 08:45 PM
I got water, beer and...

That too!

I need to get some of those water purifier tabs. The lake is a block away, why store 20 gallons in the house when I've got eleventybillion gallons down the hill? :D

FORD
10-28-2012, 08:57 PM
That too!

I need to get some of those water purifier tabs. The lake is a block away, why store 20 gallons in the house when I've got eleventybillion gallons down the hill? :D

Here's some made by "Rothco". Supposedly this is what the military uses in the field. Wonder if it's somebody related to DLR?

http://www.campingsurvival.com/milwatpurtab.html

Va Beach VH Fan
10-28-2012, 09:08 PM
Merged the two Sandy threads....

Va Beach VH Fan
10-28-2012, 09:11 PM
Getting a little hairy now here.... The brunt's going to go north of us, but we'll still get some nasty stuff probably until Monday night or so....

About 5,000 without power in the area so far....

twonabomber
10-29-2012, 04:52 AM
Here's some made by "Rothco". Supposedly this is what the military uses in the field. Wonder if it's somebody related to DLR?

http://www.campingsurvival.com/milwatpurtab.html

It'll either be those or one of the purifier pitchers, I haven't really thought about it too much.

I do have seven gallons of water/ice in the freezer, but that was more of a keep the freezer full thing and not a prepper thing. Maybe ten pint bottles, too, but I use those as icepacks when we go offroading.

ashstralia
10-29-2012, 05:24 AM
Hey, all the best my stateside friends; I hope the damage is minimal.

ZahZoo
10-29-2012, 09:51 AM
That too!

You could keep it simple... Coleman camp stove and a pot. Boil baby boil...

Kristy
10-29-2012, 10:04 AM
Wisconsin has certainly taken a turn for the worse since the KKKoch Brothers took over the state. :(

Not too mention a cow shitting in a lake every fifty feet of another cow shitting in a lake. Now I see why so many say they are from Wisconsin than ever before.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Alright, now it's getting serious....

Monday taping has been cancelled for both The Daily Show and The Colbert Report....

Sandy, you cunt !!

FORD
10-29-2012, 02:56 PM
Goddamn it, now that's an outrage! :hexplode:

twonabomber
10-29-2012, 07:30 PM
You could keep it simple... Coleman camp stove and a pot. Boil baby boil...

that sounds too much like work...

windy and raining here. gonna be hard to sleep with the wind and the lake noise.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Hat tip to Carmine for posting this pic on his F/B page....

When you hear Romney praise the workers getting the power back on, remember this....

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k55/ferr3816/phone.jpg

Va Beach VH Fan
10-29-2012, 08:55 PM
Scientists say #HurricaneSandy likely linked to record ArcticSea loss this yr but fuck them they're just scientists what does the bible say?— Bill Maher (@billmaher) October 30, 2012

LoungeMachine
10-29-2012, 09:24 PM
You seem bitter...

And perpetually single.....

:gulp:

PETE'S BROTHER
10-29-2012, 10:32 PM
Not too mention a cow shitting in a lake every fifty feet of another cow shitting in a lake. Now I see why so many say they are from Wisconsin than ever before.

i hate that you do this :pullinghair: :biggrin:

Angel
10-29-2012, 11:44 PM
Schools here closed on Mon & Tues already and a state of emergency declared. Can we say "overreact"?

Looks like they made the right choice
:D

Sent from my GS2, bitches

Nickdfresh
10-30-2012, 12:54 AM
We'll see how it is inland, already things here aren't nearly as bad as predicted. A lot of the storms energy seems to be actually pushing the rain out of New York, Pennsylvania, and Mass. Of course I say that and the power will go out for a week... :)

sadaist
10-30-2012, 02:24 AM
Goddamn it, now that's an outrage! :hexplode:

Just wait until Obama delays the election due to so many people with no power & unable to vote. Give him an extra chance to get back up in the polls.

FORD
10-30-2012, 02:40 AM
Just wait until Obama delays the election due to so many people with no power & unable to vote. Give him an extra chance to get back up in the polls.

Depends on the circumstances. If there are enough printing presses in states that DO have power that can get paper ballots to the states that DON'T have power, then there would be no need to postpone the election. And less chance of it being stolen with those goddamnedable fraud machines out of the way.

Nickdfresh
10-30-2012, 02:45 AM

Does Obama have the power to simply delay an election? Really?

Secondly, I'm about 15 minutes away from the worst of the storm here and it ain't bad at all. I doubt many will lose power, and even NYC still has the majority of the power on even though 670K people are without it...

Nickdfresh
10-30-2012, 02:49 AM
Fuck, it's not even raining out now because the storm surge pushed the high clouds west when it came inland...I was expecting torrential downpours...

twonabomber
10-30-2012, 04:50 AM
Been raining here since Sunday...most schools are closed due to power outages.

Election Day here may be interesting, my county uses touchscreen ballot machines exclusively. First Energy says they're not putting anyone in a bucket truck until the winds are below 30 mph, anyone without power could be waiting a while.

sadaist
10-30-2012, 05:20 AM
Does Obama have the power to simply delay an election? Really?

It's amazing what a President can do under a declared "emergency".

I doubt many will lose power, and even NYC still has the majority of the power on even though 670K people are without it...

670k? I heard up to 3 million on the radio tonight. Guess we'll know more when all the media gets their numbers accurate in another day or so.

twonabomber
10-30-2012, 06:36 AM
Power's out at work! Oddly enough everything around the building is up.

Made a lap around town on my way back home, very few areas without lights. Some tree limbs down here and there. Stopped at the store for a few things I forgot the other day, I should be good for a couple days if things get worse.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-30-2012, 08:56 AM

This storm, coming at this time, at the most populated area of the country, is certainly unprecedented....

Unfortunately, in this political climate, it's just a matter of time before people will start making accusations towards the President....

But if the power situation isn't much better by say, Friday, what do you do ??

ZahZoo
10-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Lot of news reports claiming over 7 million homes without power. That's pretty serious stuff...

Kristy
10-30-2012, 11:06 AM
Looks like New York got fucked straight in the ass again. And no, I'm not talking about the storm but the impending political bickering that you know is going to happen after this storm's aftermath.

katina
10-30-2012, 11:13 AM
My good thoughts are with everyone who is affected by this storm

Nickdfresh
10-30-2012, 11:41 AM

Yeah, um, it ain't that easy...

670k? I heard up to 3 million on the radio tonight. Guess we'll know more when all the media gets their numbers accurate in another day or so.

NYC only as of early this morning. It might be more now since Con Ed shut down the power in much of Manhattan to preserve the lines...

Kristy
10-30-2012, 11:42 AM
And perpetually single.....

:gulp:

As opposed to being morbidly obese?

Nickdfresh
Looks like New York got fucked straight in the ass again. And no, I'm not talking about the storm but the impending political bickering that you know is going to happen after this storm's aftermath.

Naw, NYC got a bad dick punch, New Jersey took it in the ass...

sadaist
Lot of news reports claiming over 7 million homes without power. That's pretty serious stuff...

I just foresee conspiracy theorists down the road when they find out that the heads of some of these power companies are Obama supporters. Then the word that they purposely cut or delayed the power going back on to force a delayed election. Why not right? I mean the government did crash into the twin towers, kill it's President, and is hiding aliens from us.

Nickdfresh
10-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Power's out at work! Oddly enough everything around the building is up.

Made a lap around town on my way back home, very few areas without lights. Some tree limbs down here and there. Stopped at the store for a few things I forgot the other day, I should be good for a couple days if things get worse.

Almost nothing here, I didn't catch the local news but I doubt many lost power here. Some places along the Lake Ontario shore had a few problems, but mostly localized. The Southern Tier along the PA border also had problems but the storm never make the right turn North like they were originally predicting...

Nickdfresh
10-30-2012, 12:02 PM
A levee has breached in New Jersey flooding four towns with six feet of water... :(

chefcraig
10-30-2012, 12:21 PM
The Weather Channel is reporting that millions of homes and businesses are without power, with no clue as to when it will be restored. Hang in there folks.

vandeleur
10-30-2012, 01:01 PM
Man just watched the news it looks horrendous , take care folks .

Va Beach VH Fan
10-30-2012, 01:35 PM
Romney has rescheduled his visit here to the Ampitheater for Thursday night.... Literally a stone's throw from my house....

And no, I'm not going...

ZahZoo
10-30-2012, 01:41 PM
Romney has rescheduled his visit here to the Ampitheater for Thursday night.... Literally a stone's throw from my house....

And no, I'm not going...

Ah but will this preclude you from throwing stones..? ;)

Va Beach VH Fan
10-30-2012, 01:43 PM
Ah but will this preclude you from throwing stones..? ;)

Fuck them, I won't be anywhere near them....

Va Beach VH Fan
10-30-2012, 02:57 PM
This is, well, I was gonna say unbelievable, but then again, nothing is nowadays....

http://tv.msnbc.com/2012/10/30/what-heckuva-job-brownie-rips-obama-for-moving-too-fast-on-sandy/

‘Heckuva job Brownie’ rips Obama for moving too fast on Hurricane Sandy
Aliyah Frumin
2:33 pm on 10/30/2012

Michael Brown doesn’t think President Obama is doing a ‘heckuva job.’ The problem, says Brownie? Obama’s disaster relief efforts are moving too fast.

George W. Bush’s FEMA director, who was ruthlessly mocked after the GOP president congratulated him for doing a ‘heck of a job’ while New Orleans sank in Hurricane Katrina’s aftermath, is no fan of the current president’s widely-praised response to Hurricane Sandy.

Brown spoke to the Denver Westward on Monday before Hurricane Sandy picked up speed, arguing Obama was acting with too much haste.

“One thing he’s gonna be asked is why did he jump on [the hurricane] so quickly and go back to D.C. so quickly when in … Benghazi, he went to Las Vegas?” Brown asked, referring to the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. consulate in Libya, which left four Americans dead. “Why was this so quick? … At some point, somebody’s going to ask that question….This is like the inverse of Benghazi.”

Brown—who resigned amid accusations that he acted too slowly after Katrina, leaving thousands of New Orleans residents in harm’s way—charged that Obama’s Sunday press conference warning about the seriousness of the hurricane was merely political.

“My guess is, he wants to get ahead of it—he doesn’t want anybody to accuse him of not being on top of it or not paying attention or playing politics in the middle of it,” he says. “He probably figured Sunday was a good day to do a press conference.”

Obama, of course, has canceled all of his campaign appearances through Wednesday to deal with deadly Hurricane Sandy’s aftermath. So far, he has been praised for his reaction by Democrats and Republicans alike.
Mitt Romney held a “disaster relief” event in Ohio Tuesday, which looked to many reporters very much like a campaign rally.

FORD
10-30-2012, 03:12 PM
Brownie is a complete douchebag.. He's doing hate radio in Denver now. Guess even the Arabian horse people didn't want him back.

Meanwhile, maybe the most ironic thing about this whole storm so far is that KKKochwhore Chris Christie has completely gone off his usual script and is now bragging about talking to the President three times a day and getting help from FEMA.

ELVIS
10-30-2012, 03:16 PM
Hate radio ??

jhale667
10-30-2012, 03:17 PM
Calling Brownie a "douchebag" is an insult to all douchebags. He's scum. Yeah, the POTUS should've waited for bodies to start floating around NY & NJ....

MUSICMANN
10-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Myself, and i know i can speak for Elvis, can truly understand what those that live up there are going through. Think about this though. We get this shit every yr. from a cat 1 to cat 4 storms. I can't stand a fucking hurricane no matter where they hit.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-30-2012, 04:12 PM
Myself, and i know i can speak for Elvis, can truly understand what those that live up there are going through. Think about this though. We get this shit every yr. from a cat 1 to cat 4 storms. I can't stand a fucking hurricane no matter where they hit.

I was thinking the same thing this afternoon....

The damage in NJ/NYC is catastrophic, yes, but like you said, these storms hit the Southeast every year..... But it sure as hell appears that BECAUSE it's in NJ/NYC, the media attention is ten-fold....

twonabomber
10-31-2012, 03:22 PM
Two days after, I gotta say this:

For me, Sandy was like a lot of women I know...a whole lotta talk and not much action!

vandeleur
10-31-2012, 03:27 PM
Thought u were gonna say wet and wild :D

Va Beach VH Fan
10-31-2012, 05:28 PM
Oh for fuck's sake....

http://americablog.com/2012/10/romney-hurricane-sandy-donations.html

Romney bought $5k of food for people to “donate” back to him at phony “hurricane” rally
10/31/2012 9:53am by John Aravosis

But the last-minute nature of the call for donations left some in the campaign concerned that they would end up with an empty truck. So the night before the event, campaign aides went to a local Wal Mart and spent $5,000 on granola bars, canned food, and diapers to put on display while they waited for donations to come in, according to one staffer. (The campaign confirmed that it “did donate supplies to the relief effort,” but would not specify how much it spent.)

Empty-handed supporters pled for entrance, with one woman asking, “What if we dropped off our donations up front?”The volunteer gestured toward a pile of groceries conveniently stacked near the candidate. “Just grab something,” he said.

Two teenage boys retrieved a jar of peanut butter each, and got in line. When it was their turn, they handed their “donations” to Romney. He took them, smiled, and offered an earnest “Thank you.”

No relief for you!

We’ve all been through it before. Grandma’s getting old. Mom goes and buys grandma’s Christmas gifts, or maybe mom even gives you a 20 and tells you to buy yourself something from grandma, then wrap it up for Christmas eve – and make sure you look surprised when you unwrap your gift in front of grandma!

And that’s okay, cuz grandma’s 90 years old and has a hard time getting around.

What’s Mitt Romney’s excuse?

Team Romney Admits “Relief” Event Was Staged for Political Reasons

I also found this part of the story fascinating. The Romney campaign admits that the intent behind the rally was swing state election visibility, not hurricane relief:

But Boston wasn’t quite ready to lose a full day of swing state visibility with a week left in the race. So, after some deliberation, the campaign decided to use their existing venue in Ohio to stage a makeshift, and nonpartisan, humanitarian project. It would be a way for Romney to show leadership — and get on the local news — without looking craven or opportunistic.

They weren’t willing to lose a day’s visibility in a swing state, so they came up with the event and crafted it in a way that would still get them political benefit, but would camouflage the intent. So, as I predicted, Team Romney saw Hurricane Sandy – saw the imminent peril of tens of millions of Americans – as a political “opportunity” to exploit.

And keep mind, the Red Cross doesn’t want these “donations.” The Red Cross specifically says on its Web site NOT to give it donations of goods. It needs money and blood donations. When people send goods, it requires staff time to go through, distribute them, etc – time that is better spent working on more efficient means of helping disaster victims. And I quote from the Red Cross Web site:

Unfortunately, due to logistical constraints the Red Cross does not accept or solicit individual donations or collections of items. Items such as collected food, used clothing and shoes must be sorted, cleaned, repackaged and transported which impedes the valuable resources of money, time, and personnel.

It’s the “Chinese Jeeps” of Charity Events!

Mitt Romney spent $5,000 on a political stunt when he should have simply donated the $5,000 to the Red Cross. But had he donated the money, it wouldn’t have been nearly as good a PR event, and remember, with Mitt Romney, it’s not about helping people – it’s about fueling his ambition.

Need more proof? Jennyjinx on Twitter just noted the following:

@aravosis Why couldn’t Romney have asked his supporters to write a check or plop money in a can?

The Romney people decided that you “had” to have food in hand in hand to donate, or they wouldn’t let you in. But if you didn’t have any food, they’d give you some food they bought – food the Red Cross doesn’t want. Why didn’t the Romney people at the very least ask people who didn’t bring food to write a check, or donate cash? They could have a laptop sitting there with a connection to the Internet, and people could have donated to the Red Cross via the Red Cross’ own Web site. But they didn’t. Because this event wasn’t about helping the Red Cross or Hurricane Sandy’s victims.

How long until Romney voters try to destroy this charity as well? Then again, by intentionally impeding the Red Cross’ hurricane relief work, they’re already off to a good start.

No TV cameras allowed. But, what – you say – the President isn’t trying to make hurricane relief a partisan media spectacle of opportunity? Clearly, un-American.

BigBadBrian
11-03-2012, 08:07 AM
BFD.

Like Obozo's photo-op in NY wasn't staged for political reasons. Then the Teleprompter-in-Chioef flew off to Vegas to party with Jay-Z after getting his hands dirty mingling with the "little people."

Besides, how much money do you suppose Obozo and that cheap-assed Biden donated? I'll bet not one thin dime.

Nickdfresh
11-03-2012, 02:45 PM
BFD.

Like Obozo's photo-op in NY wasn't staged for political reasons. Then the Teleprompter-in-Chioef flew off to Vegas to party with Jay-Z after getting his hands dirty mingling with the "little people."

Besides, how much money do you suppose Obozo and that cheap-assed Biden donated? I'll bet not one thin dime.

Maybe he should have had disaster relief/fund raiser rallies in Ohio? I mean really? You're this much of a partisan drone?

MUSICMANN
11-08-2012, 02:09 PM
I know a lot of people are still hurting, so where is FEMA. Obama promised to cut through all the red tap, but it seems like he made his celebrity photo-op and left. I find it disturbing that NY and NJ residents can still be in a disaster like hurricane Sandy and now Nor'easter and be left to fend for themselves, and still voted for Obama.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/08/volunteers-step-in-for-fema-in-storm-ravaged-nyc-borough/

Nickdfresh
11-08-2012, 03:55 PM
I know a lot of people are still hurting, so where is FEMA. Obama promised to cut through all the red tap, but it seems like he made his celebrity photo-op and left. I find it disturbing that NY and NJ residents can still be in a disaster like hurricane Sandy and now Nor'easter and be left to fend for themselves, and still voted for Obama.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/08/volunteers-step-in-for-fema-in-storm-ravaged-nyc-borough/

Um, FEMA is there. The people are "hurting" because the power is still off (in some areas). That's called Con Ed, not FEMA, genius...

How's that anti-gov't rant going? :rolleyes:

Angel
11-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Um, FEMA is there. The people are "hurting" because the power is still off (in some areas). That's called Con Ed, not FEMA, genius...

How's that anti-gov't rant going? :rolleyes:

Yup, power and phones are still down in a lot of places. And I'm getting sick and tired of idiots that placed orders with companies based in New York bitching that they haven't received their order yet. You sure have a lot of bitches in your country!!

Sent from my GS2, bitches

jhale667
11-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Just found out my company's matching donations to Sandy relief... up to $250K!!

Nickdfresh
11-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Still at least 200,000 people without power, amazing. It's in the 30's there tonight...