PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Hawaii State Civil Defense Issues Tsunami Warning, Evacuation Orders

Hardrock69
10-28-2012, 04:11 AM
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/19934505/breaking-state-civil-defense-issues-tsunami-warning-after-77-quake-off-british-columbia

State Civil Defense officials have issued a tsunami warning for the state of Hawaii following a 7.7 magnitude earthquake near the Queen Charlotte Islands off the coast of British Columbia on Saturday evening.

The state Civil Defense Agency says any individuals in inundation zones should evacuate immediately.

The earthquake happened at just after 5 p.m. Hawaii time. It had a depth of 17 kilometers.

According to the Department of Emergency Management, a tsunami has been generated that could cause damage along coastlines of all islands in the state of Hawaii. Urgent action should be taken to protect lives and property.

The Department of Land and Natural Resources says that anyone with a boat in a state small boat harbor should be taking their vessel outand getting to deep water before the first wave hits. Be sure to have working radio, water, food, fuel and be prepared to stay in the deep water until there is an all clear issued.
Anyone who is camping at a state park on a coastline needs to evacuate right away

The first waves are expected to hit Hawaiian shores at approximately 10:28 p.m. on Saturday (3:28 AM Sunday Central Time.....1:28 AM Pacific Time).

sadaist
10-28-2012, 05:41 AM
At least Obamas birth place will be safe (seeing as it's in Kenya & all)

;)

motherchicken
10-28-2012, 05:49 AM
I just checked the web. A wave about 4 inches high was about it. At the worst they're now predicting a little flooding is possible. I didn't hear shit about this and I live on an Island in Northern Washington. There's only one way in and out of this Island by land. Over two bridges with one lane each direction. If a tsunami of any size was coming alot of peeps here would be shit outta luck.

Nitro Express
10-28-2012, 05:54 AM
I just checked the web. A wave about 4 inches high was about it. At the worst they're now predicting a little flooding is possible. I didn't hear shit about this and I live on an Island in Northern Washington. There's only one way in and out of this Island by land. Over two bridges with one lane each direction. If a tsunami of any size was coming alot of peeps here would be shit outta luck.

Yeah unless there was some high ground to get up on it would be bad. I scuba dived the sound once. Nasty currents in there. We did see one of those big ass pugent sound octopuses.

Nickdfresh
10-28-2012, 11:17 AM
Looks like both Hawaii and Canada have dodged the worst of this...

Angel
10-29-2012, 10:41 AM
It really bothers me that they keep calling it the Queen Charlotte Islands.... It's fucking Haida Gwaii!!!!

Okay, rant done...

Sent from my GS2, bitches