"Shred?" Pffff, listen to these guys, you lightweights: Jerry Reed & Chet Atkins

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

"Shred?" Pffff, listen to these guys, you lightweights: Jerry Reed & Chet Atkins

Further proof of my belief that just about any country picker from any era can wipe the floor with so-called "shredders" from the 1980s onward. Read 'em and weep, kids. This is how it's done, from some goofy country show in 1975.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • ThrillsNSpills
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Great clip Chef.
    Watching guys like Wes Montgomery shred using just his thumb is pretty incredible too.
    The thing I like about the above clip is hearing them use open strings as part of the scale.

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Best guitar solo ever recorded was Wes doing his versh of Duke's 'Caravan'

Now, THAT is how you play a solo.

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Hate to break it to ya, Chef...but Chet was pulling off sweep-arpeggios.....that IS "shred".

Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
          Hate to break it to ya, Chef...but Chet was pulling off sweep-arpeggios.....that IS "shred".
          Fair enough, but he doesn't have to shop for clothes at some lame rock star store at the mall, wear a bandana around one knee, spend an evening using a box cutter to get his jeans ripped "just right" or depend on his girlfriend to prevent him from being homeless in order to achieve the sound, let alone the look.

Last edited by chefcraig; 10-30-2012, 02:32 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...