X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philouze
    Banned
    • Mar 2004

Dweez's EVH story

Cool speech, cool cover, cool song, but somebody Shoot that lousy singer ! Ben Thomas, I think his name is. I've got some ZPZ bootlegs, I don't like his voice. Bring Ike Willis back, for fucks sake. Gail, stop being a bitch and listen to the fans.
  • big fatty
    Head Fluffer
    • Jul 2004

Yup, that singer is annoying. I'll be seeing ZPZ for the third time on December 23, an early Christmas.

Comment

• philouze
      Banned
      • Mar 2004

Well since you'll see them, tell Ben Thomas he sucks...

I hope they'll play Any Kind Of Pain... My favorite FZ song EVER... Don't ask me why, I just Adore that song.

Comment

• big fatty
        Head Fluffer
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by philouze
        Well since you'll see them, tell Ben Thomas he sucks...

I hope they'll play Any Kind Of Pain... My favorite FZ song EVER... Don't ask me why, I just Adore that song.
        Why do you adore that song ?

Comment

• philouze
          Banned
          • Mar 2004

The melodies are just marvellous, the chorus is one the of the best I've heard in my life (really), Ike, well... I love Ike, so... Frank's solo is probably the most beautiful he played (recorded in Cleveland, March 5th 1988, I know my shit) and another thing: he had a potential hit single but he put outrageous lyrics on it. Total FZ, total genius.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

That dick in the wig was pissing me off
            I really love you baby, I love what you've got
            Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• philouze
              Banned
              • Mar 2004

It's a shame Dweezil & Gail don't listen to the fans.. Get rid of him and make Frank proud. He would have loved Ike to be part of ZPZ. Ike was one of his favorite 'protégés' (like Mr Vai, who got to be on the first ZPZ tour), but Gail/Bitchin' Cunt never liked him (and that's a true story).
              Well, the message is:
              Gail, Shut The Fuck Up, go back to the toilet instead of shitting on the fans like you've been doing for 20 years. Bitch.

Comment

• big fatty
                Head Fluffer
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by philouze
                The melodies are just marvellous, the chorus is one the of the best I've heard in my life (really), Ike, well... I love Ike, so... Frank's solo is probably the most beautiful he played (recorded in Cleveland, March 5th 1988, I know my shit) and another thing: he had a potential hit single but he put outrageous lyrics on it. Total FZ, total genius.
                Oh Yeah, I know, I was just being a smartass for humours sake, as your post said NOT to ask, so that is why I asked. Hee, hee, hee.

That is undoubtabley a great period from him for sure, I even like his take on Murder By Numbers, and was surprised to hear them do it at that time.

The You Can't Do That On Stage albums were also quite impressive as well. I can listen to his live instrumentals all day sometimes. Shut Up And Play Yer Guitar, is another great one.

It is so cool Dweezil and the Family Trust are keeping this genious' legacy alive, as they are. FZ is truly a one of a kind. Too bad the general public mostly knows him for his humerous avante garde material, like Sheik Yerbuti and whatnot, as his musicianship has been unequaled, and he is the most prolific artist I can think of, of course Prince may be also included to a lesser degree, but you know what I mean.

As Matt Groening said " Frank is my Elvis ".

Comment

• philouze
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2004

I TOTALLY agree with you on Everything. Hence the "thanks for the kickass post"...

BUT I think Gail shouldn't be involved in all of this. She never liked Ike Willis, she always thought he would take her place in Frank's heart (which is nonsense, you know that).. She's a drama queen, and she should let the fans decide who should join ZPZ.
                  Apart from that, I'm glad they re-released the FZ catalogue... And the best part is... ROXY DVD IS COMING SOON !!!!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

I enjoy watching his EVH tributes, but this is at least a triplicate...

Closing....
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...