• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Satan
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Charles Darwin gets 4,000 write-in votes in Athens GA

Charles Darwin gets 4,000 write-in votes in Athens
    Posted: Thursday, November 8, 2012 5:10 PM EST Updated: Thursday, November 8, 2012 5:10 PM EST

ATHENS, Ga. (AP) - Election officials in Athens-Clarke County say Charles Darwin received nearly 4,000 write-in votes after a Georgia congressman denounced evolution and other scientific theories as "lies straight from the pits of Hell."

Athens-Clarke County elections supervisor Gail Schrader released the figures Thursday. The write-in votes for Darwin, the 19th century naturalist considered the father of evolution, were merely symbolic as Republican Rep. Paul Broun cruised to re-election unopposed Tuesday.

The Athens Banner-Herald reports (http://bitly.com/XnDtgG ) write-in totals were not immediately available in the 24 remaining counties included in Broun's 10th District. The congressman received a total of 209,917 votes in the election.

Critics urged the congressman's constituents to write-in Darwin after Broun was videotaped lambasting evolution in a speech to a church group.
    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

I guess they gave up snake handling in Athens.

Last edited by Nitro Express; 11-09-2012, 12:27 AM.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Satan
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Athens is pretty Liberal for Georgia. Home to the B-52s, REM, and the Indigo Girls. None of whom are exactly known for conservatism.

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

The only state in the Union that legally permits snake handlin' in church is West Virginia. They drink strychnine in those churches too. I bet God is laughing his ass off every Sunday
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Satan
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
          The only state in the Union that legally permits snake handlin' in church is West Virginia. They drink strychnine in those churches too. I bet God is laughing his ass off every Sunday
          I know I am..... especially when some of those folks die, and don't wake up where they thought they would be!

Comment

Working...