X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Satan
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Soundgarden - Been Away Too Long

Chris is starting to show his age a little, vocally speaking. But aside from that, it pretty much rocks. Yeah, it ain't as good as Badmotorfinger, but what is?

<object width="575" height="324"><param name="movie" value="http://videoplayer.vevo.com/embed/Embedded?videoId=USUMV1200119&playlist=false&autop lay=0&playerId=62FF0A5C-0D9E-4AC1-AF04-1D9E97EE3961&playerType=embedded&env=0&cultureName =en-US&cultureIsRTL=False"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://videoplayer.vevo.com/embed/Embedded?videoId=USUMV1200119&playlist=false&autop lay=0&playerId=62FF0A5C-0D9E-4AC1-AF04-1D9E97EE3961 &playerType=embedded&env=0&cultureName=en-US&cultureIsRTL=False" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="575" height="324" bgcolor="#000000" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>
    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I think he sounds great. Great lyrics in the verses too.

Comment

• kwame k
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Feb 2008

I'm so stoked that they're playing The Fillmore in Detroit on Jan 27th............gonna be a great show and a small venue, too. 2,200 seater!
      Originally posted by vandeleur
      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
        I'm so stoked that they're playing The Fillmore in Detroit on Jan 27th............gonna be a great show and a small venue, too. 2,200 seater!
        I saw Velvet Revolver there on their 1st tour......kick ass!!!

I'll be downloading the new SOUNGARDEN tuesday!

Comment

• kwame k
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Feb 2008

Outstanding
          Originally posted by vandeleur
          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Antman
            Commando
            • Jan 2004

Anyone have the livenation presale code for Hammerstein Ballroom in NY 1/23/13? Many thanks.
            When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• loucap81
              Head Fluffer
              • Apr 2012

Presale code is "KingAnimal" spelled like that.

Don't expect a good seat though. Best seats available in the Tower Theatre are in the upper level at this point. What a joke. I'll wait and see what becomes available on StubHub as the show approaches. I love SG but I'm just done with the days of paying $75 for a crap seat. I really wish they'd only do GA venues.

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

Roll on Christmas - this is on my list (and Mrs binnie will kill me if I buy it before )
                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Antman
                  Commando
                  • Jan 2004

Thanks loucap. I got it earlier. Luckily Hammerstein is GA.
                  When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Just saw them on Letterman. They are trudging over the same old crap. Someone should tell them it's no longer 1991

Comment

• loucap81
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Apr 2012

If you listen to the album (which was leaked last week), you'll hear that Been Away Too Long is by far the most radio-friendly song on there and in my opinion the "worst." To me it's just like VH and Tattoo though I didn't think a groover was a good first song to release.

Comment

• Golden AWe
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Yes. The new album is a killer...well, on a scale of 1-10 it's a solid 8. It's NO Badmotorfinger, but it's better than Down On the Upside. The band has matured? In a positive way! It's not "we stopped using drugs", because the hunger is there. The rhytms speak for theirselves, owwww I farkin love that the combo is back, even the Cornell-stereotype "Bones of Birds" sounds killer and not old because of the band chancing scales...

At the moment, Taree, Blood on the walley floor and By Crooked Steps rewl the most.

Here's on the best songs, I farkin love the heavy jam. It's what made Soundgarden grate...well it only lacks the HELL Badmotorfinger had, now it's still...FARKIN' NICE, which is almost there...

Matt Cameron, I love you!

...can't you see that I understand your mind?

Originally posted by Cato
                        Golden, why are you FAT?
                        Originally posted by lesfunk
                        Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                        http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Matt White
                          • Jun 2004

Gotta say AWe....BY CROOKED STEPS is my fav so far!!!

Solid effort.......

I'll be seeing them in FEB

Comment

• loucap81
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Apr 2012

"By Crooked Steps" is definitely the most Badmotorfinger-type song on the album.

Other than "Been Away Too Long," which is what it is--the token radio-friendly song--I don't have a favorite. That's because other than that one they're all really good. If you're looking for the jackhammer metal and ridiculous aggression of Badmotorfinger, this isn't going to deliver. But all the complex rhythms, far Eastern sounds, intentional dissonance and superb production is there. Only Soundgarden can do a spiritual ("Rowing") to close a hard rock album and make it work. The album is true to the Soundgarden name and stands up to anything else they've done.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Kristy
                              Just saw them on Letterman. They are trudging over the same old crap. Someone should tell them it's no longer 1991
                              You REALLY need to get laid more !

Comment

Working...