X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Satan
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Willard Mittens Romney's Clear Channel Kills Talk Radio in Portland

They killed Green 960 in San Francisco earlier this year.... now this dragonshit......

KPOJ Cancelling Political Talk Radio on Monday

Portland's progressive talk-radio station 620 AM KPOJ is ending all political programming and changing its format to all sports.

KPOJ morning host Carl Wolfson announced the decision by the station owner, Clear Channel Radio, on his Facebook page this morning.

To my friends -- Clear Channel informed me this morning that they are moving in a new direction with KPOJ, beginning on Monday. I appreciate the opportunity they gave me for six years to be a voice for progressive causes in our state and nation. I will miss all of my fun friends at work (my excellent producer Paul, remains employed!). I love all of you, my loyal listeners. It has been my honor to give a platform to all of the outstanding groups, volunteers, elected officials and good people who make Oregon so special.

Wolfson tells WW he's grateful for the chance to be on the air, and that KPOJ gave Portland a progressive voice for the past eight years.

"But this is awfully hard," Wolfson says. "I'm very grateful to all my loyal listeners, and I'm sad that the progressive voice is going off the air in Portland."

Along with Wolfson's show, Carl in the Morning, 620 AM also airs programming from Thom Hartman, Randi Rhodes and Mike Malloy.
    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

He's a vindictive prick, so totally unfit for office he was trying to buy. I'll try to find and post the article about him cancelling his staffer's credit cards before his concession speech after work (if someone doesn't beat me to it). Fucker didn't even spring for their cabs home first!
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, Thom Hartmann was just talking about the credit card thing a few minutes ago.

What a great way to thank your campaign workers, Mittens. Still, at least it's consistent with what he did at Bain Crapital, I guess.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT, NOW THEY HAVE GONE TOO FAR!!!

BREAKING: KPTK changes to new call sign: KFNQ. KLAY Lakewood to balance out format with Schultz, Miller

AM1090 has changed their call today to KFNQ, along with announcing FM KJAQ 96.5 at the top of the hour. It's still progressive talk but for how much longer? KJAQ is still Jack Radio as well.

We called CBS Seattle straight away and the person answering wasn't aware, but said the same thing happened when 96.5 changed to KJAQ--they had no warning, it just happened. Will KJAQ be the FM counterpart to the changes at 1090?

It makes us wonder since the cat is out of the bag and the folks in the industry are aware of something, that CBS Seattle will flip the old KPTK and now KFNQ into sports or something else before the 1st of the year. Stay tuned.

This just in from Talkers and seatacradio.com

" local blog SeaTacRadio.com reports that KLAY, 1180 Tacoma (Lakewood) is planning to add some of the progressive talk shows – reportedly WYD Media’s Stephanie Miller and the Ed Schultz show – currently heard on KPTK to its program schedule. As numerous CBS Radio and Cumulus stations prepare to flip to sports talk in January, KPTK is just another victim of the companywide desire for affiliate stations. While consumers and the consumer press bemoan the proliferation of sports talk (“How many sports stations do we need in this market?”), the answer is that CBS Radio and Cumulus need to have affiliates in as many markets as possible to be able to sell a national sports talk product to national clients."
        Listening to sports on radio is BORING. Do these goddamn bozos not understand their market???

If it ain't broke, don't "fix" it. Do not fuck with my goddamn talk radio, bitches!
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

I blame Limbaugh. The AM band was mexican music, Larry King, sports and that was about it. Then Rush comes in with his specialized political show, makes a ton of money and now a bunch of people are trying to do the same thing. Now all we have is a bunch of political blowhards on the AM band. Even that goofy show Coast to Coast AM has gotten political. At least we still have an oldies station. I still dig the Dave Clark Five and The Monkees.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Limbaugh himself is not the problem. He's the symptom.

On his own, he's a drug-addled gasbag spewing insane bullshit for three hours (or more accurately 1.5 hours, once you take out all the commercials).

But with huge mega corporations saturating the radio market with his bullshit (and other like-minded - or rather mindless - bullshit) while simultaneously freezing out any other points of view, it's the ownership monopoly that is the true problem.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Last edited by FORD; 11-14-2012, 04:51 PM.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

In other news, Alex Jones expands on terrestrial radio across the nation...

Last edited by ELVIS; 11-14-2012, 05:58 PM. Reason: {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{INFOWARS.COM}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                    Limbaugh himself is not the problem. He's the symptom.

On his own, he's a drug-addled gasbag spewing insane bullshit for three hours (or more accurately 1.5 hours, once you take out all the commercials).

But with huge mega corporations saturating the radio market with his bullshit (and other like-minded - or rather mindless - bullshit) while simultaneously freezing out any other points of view, it's the ownership monopoly that is the true problem.
                    The problem is the consolidation of the media in the last 35 years. It used to be your radio stations and TV stations were locally owned and the programming was decided locally. That's the problem in everything and there is a trend to consolidate everything and run it centrally.

I'm not a Obama fan but I'm not shedding a tear Romney lost.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS

Wouldn't surprise me. He's anti Obama, so no doubt some of the corporate right wing stations would love to have him.

At least until a Repuke president is elected, and Jones hates him too. Then they would dump his ass in a heartbeat.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Alex is about as stable as Axle Rose off his meds.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Let's enjoy some non-corporate news...

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
                            Wouldn't surprise me. He's anti Obama, so no doubt some of the corporate right wing stations would love to have him.
                            He's replaced Michael Savage on several big markets...

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

He's replaced Michael Savage on several big markets...
                              Hell, even Alex Jones looks sane compared to Mikey Weiner
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...