PDA

View Full Version : The 3 Oakland 81 videos Remastered

Carmine
12-01-2012, 05:40 AM
http://youtu.be/iu4vqsHNtBc

twonabomber
12-01-2012, 06:34 AM
People are telling this guy he did a good job? Sounds like shit.

Momshell
12-01-2012, 07:40 AM
I still want one! Dave looks quite sexy in that clip. Worked better than my coffee this am :)
Thanks Carmine. Good to see ya!

Va Beach VH Fan
12-01-2012, 09:16 AM
This brings back great memories, I gotta re-tell this story....

I've always loved these 3 Oakland '81 videos, and HAIL has always been one of fav VH songs....

So Pojo and I head to Greensboro for this latest VH tour, and we meet up with Carmine, Fairwrning, Sparkie and a few others.....

We're sitting around outside drinking a couple of brews before the show, and I mention to Carmine that I really want to hear HAIL in the setlist.....

We get in the Coliseum, and our seats are in the 14th row, Carmine is in the 8th row I believe....

The show starts, and about 7 or 8 songs into it EVH starts that familiar riff for HAIL....

Next thing we know, here's Carmine running back to our row, and gives me a big 'ol high five....

Great times !!!

Momshell
12-01-2012, 09:39 AM
So many great memories from this tour!

Carmine
12-01-2012, 09:52 AM
This brings back great memories, I gotta re-tell this story....

I've always loved these 3 Oakland '81 videos, and HAIL has always been one of fav VH songs....

So Pojo and I head to Greensboro for this latest VH tour, and we meet up with Carmine, Fairwrning, Sparkie and a few others.....

We're sitting around outside drinking a couple of brews before the show, and I mention to Carmine that I really want to hear HAIL in the setlist.....

We get in the Coliseum, and our seats are in the 14th row, Carmine is in the 8th row I believe....

The show starts, and about 7 or 8 songs into it EVH starts that familiar riff for HAIL....

Next thing we know, here's Carmine running back to our row, and gives me a big 'ol high five....

Great times !!!

Hell yeah, man! Great time and the best show of the 3 I saw...I was very glad to have made the long ass haul down there after hearing the summer dates were cancelled...

Now...bring on 2013 and the next adventure...

Carmine
12-01-2012, 09:55 AM
So many great memories from this tour!

..and meeting you as well!! Where can else will ya find a big Italian screaming out "MOMSHELL!", in a packed bar, in Atlantic City, except for at ROTH ARMY MEET-UP! :lmao:

Zing!
12-01-2012, 09:59 AM
Half the fun for this latest tour was looking for Roth Army t-shirts in the crowd - both pre-show at the pub and then again at the venue. Can't wait to do it again in '13!

Momshell
12-01-2012, 10:16 AM
..and meeting you as well!! Where can else will ya find a big Italian screaming out "MOMSHELL!", in a packed bar, in Atlantic City, except for at ROTH ARMY MEET-UP! :lmao:

Haha! That was a great time! I still can't believe I drove there and back the same night by myself. I was on an adrenaline rush for 6 months straight :)

Satan
12-01-2012, 01:14 PM

Yeah... the video's OK, but the audio sounds like one of those douchebags who point their cellphone cameras at their TV's and assume that people want to watch the equivalent of somebody putting an old cassette recorder next to the speakers of their FM radio to make a bootleg recording.

twonabomber
12-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Nothing like positive energy at 6:30 in the morning.

I just got off work and was enjoying my first beer of the day.

Carmine
12-02-2012, 08:36 AM
I just got off work and was enjoying my first beer of the day.

I had figured just that...:bigwink:

sadaist
12-02-2012, 08:45 AM

Dafuq?

How can Unchained ever sound like shit? Well, other than Spambo singing it. But really, this is :hail:Diamond David Lee fucking Roth:hail: here. WOOOOOoot!!!!!

anyways. the remaster seems to have turned up Eddie & Dave & lowered the rest. fine by me. That's all I listen for anyhow.

EVERYBODY UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZahZoo
12-02-2012, 09:42 AM
What exactly was "remastered" here?

Satan
12-02-2012, 12:06 PM
What exactly was "remastered" here?

Good rule of thumb on You Tube... if it says "remastered" or "HD" or anything else that implies somebody "improved" the sound quality, odds are they did exactly the opposite.

Sort of like Phil Spector did to the Beatles "Let It Be" album.

ELVIS
12-02-2012, 05:07 PM
The Phil Spector version of Let It Be is the superior version...

Satan
12-02-2012, 05:27 PM
The Phil Spector version of Let It Be is the superior version...

Oh HELL no!

It's not even superior to the not so "Naked" offiical new release, which itself was far from anything actually "naked", but still a vast improvement over the avalanche of Velveeta that Spector dumped on the album. Probably the one exception is the track "Let It Be" itself. For some reason, the guitar solo on the album isn't duplicated anywhere else. Not on the original 45, not on "Naked" and not on any of the bootleg releases produced by either George Martin or Glyn Johns.

Though the original master of "Let It Be" actually had both guitar solos on it - the one from the album AND the one from the single....

Nickdfresh
12-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Still remember these videos when they were in fairly heavy rotation on MTV just prior to 1984's release...

sadaist
12-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Still remember these videos when they were in fairly heavy rotation on MTV just prior to 1984's release...

I just remember Unchained from a midnight TV show every weekend called Night Flight I think. Hard rock music videos on the regular tv station for an hour I think. Very cool.

Satan
12-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Night Flight was a Most Unholy show. They played videos that MTV wouldn't touch (mostly punk stuff) and a lot of the "cult" music based movies from the early 80's that you would never see on network TV or MTV. Like "Decline of Western Civilization", "URRGH! A Music War" and "Ladies and Gentlemen, the Fabulous Stains" (which was Diane Lane's first movie)

Diamondjimi
12-02-2012, 07:37 PM
http://youtu.be/iu4vqsHNtBc

Video has been removed by user. WTF?

twonabomber
12-02-2012, 08:13 PM
You ain't missing anything.

DONNIEP
12-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Can't be any better than the Cato DVD...