PETE'S BROTHER
12-03-2012, 04:07 PM
kody helped put them up...:doh:

PETE'S BROTHER
12-03-2012, 04:08 PM

:yo:

DONNIEP
12-03-2012, 04:11 PM
I wonder if Dave has midgets dressed up like elves decorate his mansion?

PETE'S BROTHER
12-03-2012, 04:13 PM
I wonder if Dave has midgets dressed up like elves decorate his mansion?

he has elves dress up as midgets...

Va Beach VH Fan
12-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Christ, way to splurge Ed.....

Nitro Express
12-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Christ, way to splurge Ed.....
LOL! Damn. It looks like he has pajama bottoms and Ugg boots on. Sammy should be wearing that gay shit. The lights look like they are from the 1950's. You know the kind that have been in your grandma's garage forever and the insulation has hardened to the point of cracking and the bakelite sockets are falling apart. A lit string sends the power bill soaring and kids unscrew the bulbs and throw them to hear them pop when they break. It's just asking for an electrical fire to happen. It's 2012 Ed. Get some LED lights.

DONNIEP
12-03-2012, 04:24 PM
At least he's not carrying the dog around in a little bag. Yet.

FORD
12-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Looks like a boring old string of lights....

Funny, somehow you would expect Ed to have red, black, and white strings all crossing over each other in classic "VH stripe" patterns. And a Van Halen logo somewhere.....

Nitro Express
12-03-2012, 04:29 PM
At least he's not carrying the dog around in a little bag. Yet.

That's coming. Just wait. Ed is turning into Paris Hilton.

Nitro Express
12-03-2012, 04:33 PM
We can't judge Ed's work without seeing the whole house. I somehow think he put that one string up, said fuck it, dragged on his electronic cigarette and went into the kitchen to get some dog treats.

Zing!
12-03-2012, 05:24 PM
EVH can wear a pink bathrobe and hair net for all I care, as long as he releases another kick-ass album and tours in support of it.

Yount
12-03-2012, 05:34 PM
...dragged on his electronic cigarette...

Does that also mean he drinks non-alcoholic beers? (Like you get at the supermarket)

Can you pull electronic bongs?

What about dummy coke?

PETE'S BROTHER
12-03-2012, 05:41 PM
hmmmm

ZahZoo
12-03-2012, 05:43 PM
LOL! Damn. It looks like he has pajama bottoms and Ugg boots on. Sammy should be wearing that gay shit. The lights look like they are from the 1950's.

If you had no where important or pressing to be for the next 7 months... how would you dress?

DlocRoth
12-03-2012, 05:50 PM
If you had no where important or pressing to be for the next 7 months... how would you dress?

Put him in a box there, ya did. :first:

ToraToraTora
12-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Those lights would look wayyyy better wrapped round that hairy rat dog's neck, and hung above his front door.

clarathecarrot
12-03-2012, 06:24 PM
I am glad Ed fell back into whattever love is and remarried marriage suits him good saved his life.

Got him his family back including his ex wifes respect and some good family attitudes like christmas lights and little dogs.

That is a great photo.

His new wife must be pretty cool.

sadaist
12-03-2012, 06:36 PM
LOL! Damn. It looks like he has pajama bottoms and Ugg boots on.

Have you ever worn pajama bottoms & ugg boots? OMG so comfy. It's been cold in So Cal lately and Eddie is home relaxing. Why not be in awesome lounge clothes.

That said, why the fuck put up lights? No one can get up his gated driveway to see them anyways. (I know - I stalked there once).

WARF
12-03-2012, 06:43 PM
I was scared I was gonna see a picture of this at first....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8lzu0B1Tw1qaehgmo1_400.jpg

78/84 guy
12-03-2012, 06:56 PM
I just hope he didn't walk under the ladder.

Va Beach VH Fan
12-03-2012, 07:14 PM

Come to think of it, that was pretty much the way I looked putting up my Christmas crap over the weekend....

Sans dog, of course....

Nitro Express
12-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Does that also mean he drinks non-alcoholic beers? (Like you get at the supermarket)

What about dummy coke?

Kind of like that synthahol they had on Star Trek the Next Generation. You can get loaded but when it's time to go the intoxicating effects can be removed immediately. Sounds great when you have passed the point of no return on the hang over roller coaster and you are going "Oh Shit!" because you know you are going to be blowing some chunks while being in a rolling and spinning bathroom.

DlocRoth
12-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Come to think of it, that was pretty much the way I looked putting up my Christmas crap over the weekend....

Sans dog, of course....

What, man?

You didn't rock your best tactical spandex?!

Nitro Express
12-03-2012, 07:30 PM

Sans dog, of course....

I lucked out this year. My wife and kids did it all.

DONNIEP
12-03-2012, 07:31 PM
On a kinda related note I saw Santy Claus himself this afternoon in town crossing the street. Had his suit on and everything.

Nitro Express
12-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Have you ever worn pajama bottoms & ugg boots? OMG so comfy. It's been cold in So Cal lately and Eddie is home relaxing. Why not be in awesome lounge clothes.

That said, why the fuck put up lights? No one can get up his gated driveway to see them anyways. (I know - I stalked there once).

Me too. God Coldwater Creek road is ugly where the road to Ed's house comes off it. I was picturing a lavish manicured road and landscaping. Far from it. It actually looked junky.

Va Beach VH Fan
12-03-2012, 07:36 PM
What, man?

You didn't rock your best tactical spandex?!

That was underneath the sweats... ;)

Nitro Express
12-03-2012, 07:37 PM

Come to think of it, it's better than having those old rotten boots taped together and some old ragged army pants held up with a piece of rope. Shit. Ed was going for the Pirate's of the Caribbean look. All he needed was a bandanna tied around his head an eye patch and a parrot.

Nitro Express
12-03-2012, 07:38 PM
EVH can wear a pink bathrobe and hair net for all I care, as long as he releases another kick-ass album and tours in support of it.
Actually I think it's Sam that wears the pink bathrobe.

sadaist
12-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Me too. God Coldwater Creek road is ugly where the road to Ed's house comes off it. I was picturing a lavish manicured road and landscaping. Far from it. It actually looked junky.

Yeah, i was surprised. One thing I really like about both Eddie & Dave is they have kept the same homes throughout their careers (Dave even longer). It shows me that they both care more about where 'home' is than buying the hottest piece of property to entertain and showoff with their money.

FORD
12-03-2012, 11:43 PM

Well, actually, yes. They're called vaporizers. They don't actually burn the weed though, but rather warm it up so what you're breathing in is steam rather than smoke.

mh5150
12-04-2012, 06:56 AM
If his ass can climb a ladder and hang lights he could be out on the road. Because hanging xmas lights is a fucking job.

Yount
12-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Well, actually, yes. They're called vaporizers. They don't actually burn the weed though, but rather warm it up so what you're breathing in is steam rather than smoke.

Ah yes the vape. So has anyone had an electronic ciggy? What's it like?

Jérôme Frenchise
12-04-2012, 10:50 AM
He has a real old lady's posture, with his dog in his lap and that X-mas child's smile...

... but I'd rather see him like this than dissing Dave like mad like he used to. :cool:

Angel
12-04-2012, 10:57 AM
If his ass can climb a ladder and hang lights he could be out on the road. Because hanging xmas lights is a fucking job.

Give me a fucking break!

Yount
12-04-2012, 11:17 AM
I'm just glad Eddie is doing something - tours, chrissy lights, same same. Still can't forget all those frustrating silent years.

Zing!
12-04-2012, 12:08 PM
True. EVH stringing up x-mas lights with his pooch is like a major news flash compared to the no-news-is-good-news years...

smorgdonkey
12-10-2012, 06:15 PM
We can't judge Ed's work without seeing the whole house. I somehow think he put that one string up, said fuck it, dragged on his electronic cigarette and went into the kitchen to get some dog treats.
...and a Milk Bone for the pup.

Nitro Express
12-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Ah yes the vape. So has anyone had an electronic ciggy? What's it like?

I read in some interview with Ed where he said the electronic cigarettes were really close to smoking the real thing. He should know. He's smoked a few of the real ones over the years.

Nitro Express
12-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Yeah, i was surprised. One thing I really like about both Eddie & Dave is they have kept the same homes throughout their careers (Dave even longer). It shows me that they both care more about where 'home' is than buying the hottest piece of property to entertain and showoff with their money.

Dave still lives in the home he lived in as a teenager. Sammy in an interview said 5150 was actually the first home Ed and Val lived in when they got married. I guess Val was living there and of course she was shooting for CBS down the hill so the location was good for her. Ed was living with his parents and when he met Val he moved in with her. I don't know if they moved into the bigger Tudor home later but there is an old interview with Val and Ed and they are in a kitchen cooking stuff and it's the same kitchen that was later in a series of photos on 5150.

Ed said the tudor home and 5150 sit right on bedrock and when the Northridge earthquake happened nothing happened to both buildings and a new home they were building was damaged pretty bad, Ed just said, once he knew his home and studio were pretty much earthquake proof, why move? He's got a point.

DavidLeeNatra
12-11-2012, 05:42 AM

well dave's house has everything to showoff if necessary...

Va Beach VH Fan
12-23-2012, 09:39 PM
Ho-ho-ho....

Notice the EVH flip-flops....

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k55/ferr3816/evhsanta_zpsc81ea7ba.jpg

Northern Girl
12-23-2012, 09:56 PM
I just don't need to see guitar god, Edward Van Halen, in an old man undershirt! I won't get wet for days.

Never was
12-26-2012, 08:12 PM
Good to see him healthy and happy even if not in the rock god mode.

DavidLeeNatra
12-27-2012, 04:26 AM
notice the cig and the blurred eyes... :(

Angel
12-27-2012, 10:08 AM
notice the cig and the blurred eyes... :(

It's an e-cig, and no I don't see blurry eyes.

DavidLeeNatra
12-27-2012, 10:36 AM
It's an e-cig, and no I don't see blurry eyes.

doesn't look like an e-cig to me...

ELVIS
12-27-2012, 10:39 AM
Those are cannabis eyes...

vandeleur
12-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Those are cannabis eyes...

The reworked angel eyes :D

DLR Bridge
12-27-2012, 10:47 AM
He does sorta look like a stoned Mitch Miller.

Who's got franken striped flip flops on?

Eddie's got franken striped flip flops on.

Girth
12-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Good catch! I noticed the stoney eyes when I first seen this photo, but didn't notice what appears to be a joint tucked in his hand since it is pointed right at you. But that sure looks like an ash hanging on there.
Sure are worse things he could do and probably not good for his mouth cancer deal - but if it is only once in a while or great while and it keeps him from drinking again - we will probably see more music from the boys!