X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Heart - Strange Euphoria

Another used boxed set I picked up for real cheap and yes, it's pretty fucking ghey.

For one, it's all hits with little of those "hidden tracks" and what's worse about the hits is that most of them are demos, edits or outtakes. There are 4 discs here (With one being a DVD that I'll never watch in a million years).

And two, it comes with a booklet where you can see the burnette one get fatter and fatter with each turn of the page. Must be in some sort of chronological order, I guess.

Three, there is nothing new here. Everything except the ghey demos has already been released in numerous "greatest hits" packages from their pre-stoner Seattle days to their bourgeois MTV glory (hole) years. The sound quality of the disc is marginal (meaning it's shit). Little effort was involved in putting this of crap together.

Four, what further proof does one need to say [your] late 70's/MTV 80's generation sucks ping-pong balls out of Madonna's asshole?

Sellouts.
  • Yount
    Commando
    • Jan 2012

Nice review, Kristy.

All I can add is I got a used vinyl of Heart once for cheap, listened to it one time.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

it comes with a booklet where you can see the burnette one get fatter and fatter with each turn of the page.
      So it's in the early parts of the book where she can go "crazy on you!" and not have to worry about breaking a pelvis, being able to breath, dislocating something or permanently pounding out the mattress springs.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

I wonder what Kristy be doing with all of her loathing and hatred if she didn't have this site for a release....

One can only imagine...... [here will now come another "moms basement" retort.
        Originally posted by Kristy
        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
        Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

I just found a couple of Heart vinyl albums in pristine condition last week. They are in my collection now.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
            I just found a couple of Heart vinyl albums in pristine condition last week. They are in my collection now.
            The original line up was a great band.

Magic Man
            Crazy on You
            Dreamboat Annie
            Barracuda
            Little Queen
            Kick It Out
            Love Alive
            Heartless
            Straight On
            Dog and Butterfly

Any cunt who feels the need to bring up a member's weight gain should check themselves. These people were top notch musicians and songwriters.
            Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
            Originally posted by cadaverdog
            I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

Still are!

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                Head Fluffer
                • Jul 2010

I love this band . I discovered them in about '77 or so . The classic lineup kicked ass ! I have seen them twice in the last 3 years and they can still bring it live . They played for free under the Gateway Arch last 4th. of July in front of about 60,000 people . Ann Wilsons voice is a gift from God himself .
                Last edited by Green Manalishi; 12-04-2012, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

First saw them October of 1977 in Huntsville, AL.

They were awesome.

Last time I saw them was about 2004 or so. Ann still sounded like she did in 1977. They rule!

Comment

• Mushroom
                    Commando
                    • Jul 2009

Another used boxed set I picked up for real cheap and yes, it's pretty fucking ghey.
                    And the Army gets the last laugh because Kristy was chumped! How many Led Zeppelin records did you buy?
                    Last edited by Mushroom; 12-05-2012, 12:26 AM.

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

Heart are definitely on the list of bands I'd like to see live.

Anyone heard to new record yet?
                      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

I know why she hates Heart so much.....because Heart has always said Led Zep was one of their main influences back in the early years....

Comment

• Satan
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                          I know why she hates Heart so much.....because Heart has always said Led Zep was one of their main influences back in the early years....
                          ....and even their later years too....

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                          I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Any cunt who feels the need to bring up a member's weight gain should check themselves. .

She is still really beautiful. I'd hit it in all it's jiggly glory! And motherfuck she can sing so awesome (just her voice is a major turn on for me). Both those ladies are just grade A class acts and their tunes are timeless.
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                              Veteran
                              • Jun 2005

Man, i know i am going to catch shit for this but i liked their 80's stuff, especially that song "Never."
                              RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                              LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

Working...