PDA

View Full Version : Here's Just What You (She?) Wanted

DLR Bridge
12-06-2012, 09:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tsVM0w4q5g&feature=player_detailpage

I can't get enough of this song. So much going on, yet so simple, and only 2 minutes and 47 seconds. Very dominant hook and chorus. The only thing I'd classify as a verse is the soft part after the intro. And that lasts what, 6 seconds? Coulda been a hit I tell ya.

chuckjitsu
12-07-2012, 09:55 AM
How many original unreleased songs do they have that didn't make to an actual demo?

DLR Bridge
12-07-2012, 08:25 PM
How many original unreleased songs do they have that didn't make to an actual demo?

Good question. Let's see, "The Shape You're In" "Down In Flames" "Bullethead" "Honolulu Baby" "One More Time" "Show No Mercy" "Eyes Of The Night". Those are the only non-demo club days ones I know of. I think.

Satan
12-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Good question. Let's see, "The Shape You're In" "Down In Flames" "Bullethead" "Honolulu Baby" "One More Time" "Show No Mercy" "Eyes Of The Night". Those are the only non-demo club days ones I know of. I think.

Just because they never leaked out to bootleg land doesn't mean there aren't demos in Eddie's vault. "Down In Flames" was scheduled to be on VHII and the band (Dave) even announced it as such when they played the song live in Japan on their 1978 tour. Reportedly the sessions for that album were over and done within one week but I'm guessing they went into those sessions expecting to record that song, and somewhere in the middle of the process, shitcanned the lyrics entirely and slightly retro-fitted the musical arrangement into a cover version of "You're No Good". And then 29 years later re-recorded the same song again and called it "Tattoo".

As for "Bullethead", they dusted that off for ADKOT, and if that was one of the tunes that Wolfie picked out, then I'm thinking he must have had a proper demo to hear it on, because if all he heard was the same versions we all have - those awful recordings from the club gigs, it's really not much of an attractive song to work on, based on those tapes.

DLR Bridge
12-07-2012, 08:54 PM
I wasn't responding as an authority on whether a demo was ever actually made or not for those songs. I was speaking soley as a fan who never heard demos of those particular tunes. Tis all.