Who the hell releases a "Box Set" after just two shitty albums??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Who the hell releases a "Box Set" after just two shitty albums??

Didn't the Chedmaster say back in 1996 that he resisted the Van Halen/Van Hagar BOV1 because once a band starts pimping their old catalog to make money, it's a sign that they're washed up??

More velveeta soaked hypocrisy from the capri pants clown.....
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD

hypocrisy.

Fucking ridiculous. And that's all I got to say about this.

*Not you Ford.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• envy_me
      Swedish Love Pump
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Dec 2010

Hahahahaha!

I feel so sorry for Satriani, though :-/ Joe, you can do SO MUCH better...
      The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Limited Edition -as in we can't give them away

Comment

• Zing!
          Veteran
          • Oct 2011

The label says "...and their follow-up masterpiece 'III'..."

My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Here's what's even dumber yet....

Why is the Chickenshit "live" album called "LV"? Is that shorthand for "live"? Was it recorded in Las Vegas?

Nope. Notice how their other albums are in Roman numerals?

Cheddy McDonald pimping his own stupid worn out cliches again......
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• 78/84 guy
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by envy_me
              Hahahahaha!

It's called his solo career ! Flying In A Blue Dream is an awesome album.

Comment

• envy_me
                Swedish Love Pump
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Dec 2010

And Extremist and Surfing with the ailien.
                I actually have Extremist signed by him :-) I would show a picture here, but my name is written there. Warf and Donnie can testify, they can see it :-)
                The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                  Didn't the Chedmaster say back in 1996 that he resisted the Van Halen/Van Hagar BOV1 because once a band starts pimping their old catalog to make money, it's a sign that they're washed up??

More velveeta soaked hypocrisy from the capri pants clown.....
                  Maybe he'll blame it on the record company. "Hey man, Capitol put all those hits records out, I didn't have anything to do with it!"
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Apr 2005

And Extremist and Surfing with the ailien.
                    I actually have Extremist signed by him :-) I would show a picture here, but my name is written there. Warf and Donnie can testify, they can see it :-)
                    Crystal Planet was also good. But I was kind of bored with the last couple. Seemed like he hit a rut.

Comment

• Little Texan
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Who releases a box set after two shitty albums? A marginally mediocre talent with an enormously overblown sense of self-importance and an ego the size of Texas, that's who.

Comment

• fraroc
                        Commando
                        • Jun 2012

Anyone who believes that Sammy had more class than Dave honestly needs to shut the fuck up and look at what the asshole is doing. Chickenfoot was founded as a giant "fuck you" to Eddie and Dave. The second album is called Chickenfoot III which makes him look fucking stupid and unable to do simple mathematics (I hate math with a passion, but I could at least do it.)

So Sam has more class than Dave? Dave is 100000000000000000000000000000000% class, Sam is a classless super-Lead Singer's Disease-egotistical cunt.
                        How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by fraroc
                          The second album is called Chickenfoot III which makes him look fucking stupid and unable to do simple mathematics (I hate math with a passion, but I could at least do it.)
                          Not to mention it's also a total ripoff of the Traveling Wilburys, who titled their second album "Volume III" some 20 years ago.

But at least the Wilburys actually had an excuse to use the different number.... they actually had a second album well underway, with 60's singer Del Shannon replacing the late Roy Orbison. Until Shannon himself died, and then the band figured that God/the universe/Krishna (George Harrison was in this band, after all) was trying to tell them something. So they eventually scrapped the album and started completely over with the remaining 4 members.

Nobody in Chickenshit died, that I'm aware of. And it would be in bad taste for me to add anything further to this sentence, so I'll just stop there......
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Hahahahaha!

I don't really feel sorry for Satriani.

The only compelling stuff he's ever been a part of are the albums released under his own name, which are comprised mostly of guitar wankery.

In any given band he's been in, he's either brought on as a hired gun or a replacement...and has as yet to write a song that resonates one second beyond the immediate listening experience.

I feel pretty much the same toward Vai, although I liked a decent chunk of the stuff he did with Roth.

I mean, truth be told, Sammy Hagar has way more ability in the songwriting department than Satriani could ever hope to have...and having Sammy Hagar as the best songwriter in a band means you're pretty much fucked before even walking into the first rehearsal.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

That's part and parcel of why when everyone was initially referring to Chickenfoot as a "supergroup" I was confused: are the drums the best aspect of the RHCPs? When one thinks of Van Halen, is Mike Anthony usually an afterthought, considered after exhausting all talking points regarding Eddie's playing and Roth as a frontman? Satriani had vast technical abilities most rock fans were aware of long before Chickenfoot was formed, but hadn't come up with a single decent song in the traditional rock combo format...so why was it necessarily good news that he was playing in Chickenfoot?

That lineup, even on paper, had very little to recommend that any decent tunes would result from it...thus the trite nature of the eventual output was no shock.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...