• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacksmar
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Eddie has lost it!!

Eddie is truly screwed up.
    Look at the Mean Street solo from Buenos Aires 83.
    Eddie walks to the other side of the stage without looking at the guitar during the solo.

Now he has put marks on the guitar to remember where to put his fingers.

Sad.
    A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder
  • ALMOSTsaved
    Veteran
    • Feb 2004

Snooze.
    I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• jacksmar
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I forgot to ask if anyone had seen this one.

Comment

• L.S.D.

Originally posted by jacksmar
        I forgot to ask who made you all-knowing? Eddie still plays better than you or better than anyone else.

Comment

• jacksmar
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Shagar’s going to get passed over soon. Ed wants Wolf to do it.

"This cat is more talented than anyone I've ever met. He sings like a mofo. When his balls drop he's going to be my lead singer. This muthafucka can sing anything".

He’s really lost it. He spends more time talking about balls than playing.

LSD: Thanks for comparing me to EVH. My fans thank you too.

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
            Veteran
            • Jan 2004

LSD: Thanks for comparing me to EVH. My fans thank you too.
            LOL
            http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
            http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
            http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• Wayne L.

Eddie is the last great important & influenial rock guitarist of his kind with few equals after Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Jeff Beck & Jimmy Page. I doubt it if he has lost it which is an idiotic statement to begin with but comparing him to past VH tours from 78-84 is crazy.

Comment

• Panamark
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Its not crazy, if he remained a student to his craft and/or a natural prodigy, he should be able to play anything he composed as good as, if not better than in 78-84.
                BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Wayne L.
                  Eddie is the last great important & influenial rock guitarist of his kind with few equals after Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Jeff Beck & Jimmy Page. I doubt it if he has lost it which is an idiotic statement to begin with but comparing him to past VH tours from 78-84 is crazy.
                  True, but Clapton, Beck and Page didn't get worse in time. And what would Zeppelin have been without Plant? It's not a hypothetical question, the answer is simple. Zeppelin without Plant would have been what we got when Roth left Halen. End of story.

Comment

• gslinger
                    Foot Soldier
                    • May 2004

Good one bro of the cancer survivor, righttttttttt!

Look at the f--king guy, ROFLOL
                    <center>Accept Only Van <strike>Halen</strike> Roth Classic!
                    "Everyday becomes a better Diamond Dave day"</center><center>http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6002/03Way.jpg
                    </center><marquee><b><font color=Blue><size=+4>The 2004 Spammy “Eat It & Puke” Van ReHash Tour * Coming to a "This Suit is You" Store In Your Tiny Little Neighborhood. Brought to you by the Hemlock Society, Underground Bulemics United, PUTR - People for the Unethical Treatment of Rockfans, & a Special Message from Eddie & Alex Van Halen - Fuck you guyssss!!!!! </size></font></b></marquee></font>
                    <center>
                    "Those cats had me so beat down & confused, made the cancer seem like a tiny zit on my ass..I don't have a clue what's going on"-EVH</center>
                    <center>Click>"Hot Chicks for Dave" & "Dave’s Cavalcade of Bimbos"</center>

Comment

• DR CHIP
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Jan 2004

I heard in select cities Mick Mars will come and play with Ed instead of Wolfie....

Rock on!!!!!

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DR CHIP
                        I heard in select cities Mick Mars will come and play with Ed
                        LOL

Comment

• DR CHIP
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Jan 2004

I heard that Ed is also showing up and playing the lead on "We're not gonna take it" with Twisted Sister....

His playing is ALMOST up to par to pull that lead off....

Comment

• jacksmar
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

The Mean Street solo he was performing in the Buenos Aires clip was second nature almost to the point of looking like he wanted to do nothing else except play the guitar.
                            I really don’t get it. He pushes everyone ( Roth, wife, producers) away that make him better and surrounds himself with people that don’t give a fuck.

Well, I had hoped this thread wouldn’t head into the direction of “who’s what why” but it worth mentioning since Clapton and Plant have been mentioned as well.

I think, (notice the I think), Journeyman by Clapton was a little overproduced. But so fucking, what. Clapton had finally figured out that you can progress from a pigeon-holed blues style and still make the jump to the mainstream. His singing on Journeyman was really soulful and he had that gravelly grit in his voice. No amount of grease (production) could hide that. And he brought back Phil Collins moreover because he had learned a thing or two about his roots from Collins (August, Behind the Sun) and look who Clapton surrounded himself with: Donald "Duck" Dunn, Jamie Oldaker, Ted Templeman, Lindsey Buckingham, Steve Lukather, Jeff Porcaro, Robert Cray, George Harrison, David Sanborn, and Daryl Hall to mention a few. Clapton’s guitar playing and style, arguably went up a few notches. Did it go up because of who he surrounded himself with or because Clapton had it second nature, not unlike Eddie, but wasn’t presenting himself with the proper opportunity? I think this is the case. Look who Robert Plant surrounded himself with: Barriemore Barlow, Cozy Powell (rip), and Phil Collins shows up again. Jeff Beck worked with Plant on the HoneyDrippers as well as Jimmy Page. Richard Thompson shows up as well and that speaks volumes about whether Plant was serious about the product he was getting out there. Pretty good choices and Plant’s vocals rose to the occasions.

So go back to one song: Me Wise Magic. The principles were there for the right product and the result speaks for itself. In one song, Roth came back through the door he closed, and ultimately erased what VH had created post Roth, and the door was closed again. It was because of who EVH was surrounded by and atmosphere Roth creates.

You can argue with me on the Clapton, Plant, Page, Beck and the rest but when I found my singer I needed to fit the mold: Plant/Page, Zander/Neilsen, Jagger/Richards, Tyler/Perry, Perry/Schon, Axl/Slash, Idol/Stevens, Graham/Jones, Leste/Stevens, Roth/VH. And for whatever reason, that mold creates a lot great music.

Eddie hasn’t done anything except surround himself with “yes men” and when he was in the mainstream, there wasn’t anyone better. The self-loathing, detrimental types that are hanging onto him now are not helping. And his playing has suffered accordingly.

Go back a few years and get “it” back, Eddie.Get back with Roth, Eddie. It’s about time.

Comment

• L.S.D.

Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
                              True, but Clapton, Beck and Page didn't get worse in time. And what would Zeppelin have been without Plant? It's not a hypothetical question, the answer is simple. Zeppelin without Plant would have been what we got when Roth left Halen. End of story.
                              are you ot of your mind? All of those players got weaker with time. Are you homo's vh fans or what?

Comment

Working...