PDA

View Full Version : 6 Harsh Truths That Will Make You A Better Person

Hardrock69
12-17-2012, 04:08 PM
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/

I am not copying it to this post. You have to go read it. It is very much worth the read. There are photos and videos to illustrate the article, that do so very well.

This article is going to go viral, because there is so much truth in it.

Nitro Express
12-17-2012, 04:39 PM
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/

I am not copying it to this post. You have to go read it. It is very much worth the read. There are photos and videos to illustrate the article, that do so very well.

This article is going to go viral, because there is so much truth in it.

It pretty much explains why we have a world full of unhappy people with fucked up kids.

binnie
12-17-2012, 06:24 PM
It pretty much explains why we have a world full of unhappy people with fucked up kids.

Indeed it does.

I'm not sure that it's possible to quantify happiness, but it seems to me that the 'better' life gets - technology, quality of life, ease of life, etc - the less happy we all become.....

sadaist
12-17-2012, 06:48 PM
Indeed it does.

I'm not sure that it's possible to quantify happiness, but it seems to me that the 'better' life gets - technology, quality of life, ease of life, etc - the less happy we all become.....

Yes. And no one wants to feel left behind so we all must have the newest phone. (remember when we bought 1 phone, put it in the kitchen, and it lasted 25 years?) Now we need a new god damn phone every year. Computer? We are told they are outdated in 3 years, obsolete in 5, and totally useless in 7. Car? Many shops won't work on cars older than 12 years old. Too many changes that make it too difficult to be an expert on all the repairs.

It sucks.

binnie
12-17-2012, 06:53 PM
Yes. And no one wants to feel left behind so we all must have the newest phone. (remember when we bought 1 phone, put it in the kitchen, and it lasted 25 years?) Now we need a new god damn phone every year. Computer? We are told they are outdated in 3 years, obsolete in 5, and totally useless in 7. Car? Many shops won't work on cars older than 12 years old. Too many changes that make it too difficult to be an expert on all the repairs.

It sucks.

I'm the exception to this. My phone won't even receive photos it's that old - I just don't understand the obsession with phone/social media. People posting pictures of what they're eating for dinner? Leave me on grumpy island please.............

I liked the world where people couldn't butt into your life univited all day every fucking day.

Nitro Express
12-17-2012, 06:56 PM
Indeed it does.

To be honest I've seen happy people in third world countries with very little. The reason why is they have a good family situation and they live in a good community. They have the basics. Here we have all this extra junk and in so many homes the basics aren't there.

Put it this way, a happy home in Peru worth zero is still richer than an unhappy home with $8,000 of credit card debt.

Zing!
12-17-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm the exception to this. My phone won't even receive photos it's that old - I just don't understand the obsession with phone/social media. People posting pictures of what they're eating for dinner? Leave me on grumpy island please.............

I liked the world where people couldn't butt into your life univited all day every fucking day.

A-fucking-men, brother!

Hardrock69
12-17-2012, 10:02 PM
I have a cell phone. It is not a smart phone. And I keep it off, unless I need it for emergencies. That is all it is for.

I am just fine without being connected to the world 24/7.

What in the FUCK did you all do before cell phones were invented? Were you crying because they had not been invented yet?

Did you all go sobbing to Mommeee because you were not connected to everyone constantly? ;)

Sure I would like some of the latest gadgetry, but I have no reason to hurry. I existed for most of my life before a lot of this crap came along. Cell phones, computers, LCD TVs.

So I will take my sweet-ass time getting the latest crap because......I am quite content with myself as a person, and physical possessions have never defined who I am.

If you base your self-worth on how many toys you have, you are fucked up.

I know a guy whose entire self-image is based on Facebook. If he posts something, and nobody comments or "likes" his post, he gets all depressed and shit.

I have told him he is stupid for basing his self-worth on a fucking piece of software, but it goes in one ear and out the other.

Love yourself and be confident in yourself, and your life will be much better.

It is not necessary to have the approval of other people, the approval of cell phone carriers, or the approval of any other physical objects in order to have a happy and productive life.

Angel
12-18-2012, 09:59 AM
I have to admit, I'm a phone junkie. It's my one extravagance.

Zing!
12-18-2012, 12:23 PM
A-fucking-men, brother!

The irony being, of course, that I posted this from my phone...

jhale667
12-18-2012, 12:53 PM
I know a guy whose entire self-image is based on Facebook. If he posts something, and nobody comments or "likes" his post, he gets all depressed and shit.

I can so relate....one of my SD articles ONLY got 1000 "likes". I'm despondent. :lmao:

vandeleur
12-18-2012, 01:19 PM
I enjoyed the article , didnt agree with everything but it had
Good points . I didn't relate to all of it am a very fortunate person , pretty happy with my lot and been lucky up to now . I have good family and friends etc.
One thing I definitely agree with and It's something I have always done is set yourself little achievable goals .
When I first started in bands I used to set myself little targets, do a gig . When u did that do a tour etc etc . If I had of started right I wanna be a rock god lol all I would have ended up was unhappy and I would have never achieved anything . The first gig I did was in a local shit hole in front of a couple of mates but I did it and I was chuffed and happy , job done .
This year I wanted to take up tae kwon do , it had been years since I had done any martial arts , my little target was to get a coloured belt ... I passed my yellow belt last weekend .
Little targets , keeps you motivated and happy .. Or it works for me any hoo :D

Nickdfresh
12-18-2012, 01:44 PM
There's a lot of truth in that article...

vandeleur
12-19-2012, 07:32 AM
I had never heard of that site , it appears to have some interesting articles .
I have made it a favourite and will check more out .

ashstralia
12-19-2012, 07:40 AM
I can so relate....one of my SD articles ONLY got 1000 "likes". I'm despondent. :lmao:

that's because they're shit pickups, and you're an ordinary guitarist.*

*Kristy

ELVIS
12-19-2012, 08:02 AM
I thought failed was her key word...

ashstralia
12-19-2012, 08:23 AM
I thought failed was her key word...

when you try to push your head back into the vagina via the back bottom it becomes interesting..

jhale667
12-19-2012, 10:39 AM
that's because they're shit pickups, and you're an ordinary guitarist.*

*Kristy

:lol:

Dude, have you seen the shit about HER on Yelp?

"Worst blowie EVER." - Sam, Arvada

"I'd have been better off slamming my johnson in my car door." - Walt, Denver

"Her terrible attitude made the entire experience distasteful." - Art, Littleton

"The ending wasn't very "happy"." - Mike, Aurora

:biggrin:

vandeleur
12-19-2012, 10:58 AM
:lmao:

Hardrock69
12-19-2012, 01:15 PM

jhale667
12-19-2012, 01:41 PM
I'm here all week, try the veal! :lmao:

Dave's Bitch
12-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Cracked is awesome

binnie
12-19-2012, 03:02 PM
:lol:

Dude, have you seen the shit about HER on Yelp?

"Worst blowie EVER." - Sam, Arvada

"I'd have been better off slamming my johnson in my car door." - Walt, Denver

"Her terrible attitude made the entire experience distasteful." - Art, Littleton

"The ending wasn't very "happy"." - Mike, Aurora

:biggrin:

Did I miss a meeting?

I'm not getting the joke - and when jokes are about Bjs I like to be involved........ :D

jhale667
12-19-2012, 08:09 PM

sonrisa salvaje
12-19-2012, 08:24 PM
You know what i did before cell phones and computers? I sat in my room and listened to my Van Halen records and i was damn happy.

jhale667
12-19-2012, 08:31 PM
You know what i did before cell phones and computers? I sat in my room and listened to my Van Halen records and i was damn happy.

That, and learning them on guitar... where have all the good times gone? ;)

sonrisa salvaje
12-19-2012, 08:41 PM
That, and learning them on guitar... where have all the good times gone? ;)

"Damn good" question.