• Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

MILF Fired For Being 'Too Hot'

Court: 'Irresistible' Workers Can Be Fired
    By Alyssa Newcomb | ABC News – 19 hrs ago

An Iowa dentist was within his legal rights when he fired a longtime employee he found to be "irresistible" and a threat to his marriage, the State Supreme Court unanimously ruled.

The seven justices, all male, affirmed on Friday a lower court's decision in favor of Dr. James Knight, who terminated Melissa Nelson after employing her for 10 and a half years as a dental assistant.

"We do think the Iowa Supreme Court got it completely right," said Stuart Cochrane, an attorney for James Knight. "Our position has always been Mrs. Nelson was never terminated because of her gender, she was terminated because of concerns her behavior was not appropriate in the workplace. She's an attractive lady. Dr. Knight found her behavior and dress to be inappropriate."

The two never had a sexual relationship or sought one, according to court documents, however in the final year and a half of Nelson's employment, Knight began to make comments about her clothing being too tight or distracting.

"Dr. Knight acknowledges he once told Nelson that if she saw his pants bulging, she would know her clothing was too revealing," the justices wrote.

Six months before Nelson was fired, she and her boss began exchanging text messages about work and personal matters, such as updates about each of their children's activities, the justices wrote.

The messages were mostly mundane, but Nelson recalled one text she received from her boss asking "how often she experienced an orgasm."

Nelson did not respond to the text and never indicated that she was uncomfortable with Knight's question, according to court documents.

Soon after, Knight's wife, Jeanne, who also works at the practice, found out about the text messaging and ordered her husband to fire Nelson.

The couple consulted with a senior pastor at their church and he agreed that Nelson should be terminated in order to protect their marriage, Cochrane said.

On Jan. 4, 2010, Nelson was summoned to a meeting with Knight while a pastor was present. Knight then read from a prepared statement telling Nelson she was fired.

"Dr. Knight felt like for the best interest of his marriage and the best interest of hers to end their employment relationship," Cochrane said.

Knight acknowledged in court documents that Nelson was good at her job and she, in turn, said she was generally treated with respect.

When Nelson's husband tried to reason with Knight, the dentist told him he "feared he would have an affair with her down the road if he did not fire her."

Paige Fiedler, Nelson's attorney, said in a statement to ABC News affiliate KCRG that she was "appalled" by the ruling.

"We are appalled by the Court's ruling and its failure to understand the nature of gender bias.," she wrote.

"Although people act for a variety of reasons, it is very common for women to be targeted for discrimination because of their sexual attractiveness or supposed lack of sexual attractiveness. That is discrimination based on sex," Fiedler wrote. "Nearly every woman in Iowa understands this because we have experienced it for ourselves."
  • envy_me
    Swedish Love Pump
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Dec 2010

She only has herself to blame. That's why women should wear niqab, so all the men who have no self control don't do anything stupid.
    The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Seems she has/had a good case for sexual harassment against this idiot dentist...

"Dr. Knight acknowledges he once told Nelson that if she saw his pants bulging, she would know her clothing was too revealing," the justices wrote.

Six months before Nelson was fired, she and her boss began exchanging text messages about work and personal matters, such as updates about each of their children's activities, the justices wrote.

The messages were mostly mundane, but Nelson recalled one text she received from her boss asking "how often she experienced an orgasm."
      No surprise by the courts in Iowa... Irony runs deep there. First state to acknowledge gay marriage... but then upholds this crap.
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
        She only has herself to blame. That's why women should wear niqab, so all the men who have no self control don't do anything stupid.
        No, actually I don't see where she has any sort of blame here. It was the dentist who couldn't control himself...
        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• envy_me
          Swedish Love Pump
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ZahZoo
          No, actually I don't see where she has any sort of blame here. It was the dentist who couldn't control himself...
          Haha, I know :-) I was just being sarcastic. If he has problems with selfcontrol, he should quit and leave her alone.

Comment

• Fairwrning
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Thats awesome..

Comment

• envy_me
              Swedish Love Pump
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Fairwrning

Thats awesome..

The whole thing sounds like an episode of Mad Men.

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                No, actually I don't see where she has any sort of blame here.

Bullshit. I've worked in a lot of large offices and seen far too many women when they hit a certain age start acting & dressing like they are 21 year old club drunken sluts again. Mid life crisis for women perhaps? Guys start buying boats & off road trucks & corvettes....things they couldn't when they were 21. A woman start dressing and acting promiscuous in the same vain.

if you don't want guys to oogle you, fall over you, or be sexually distracted by you, don't dress like a slut and act your age. Be respectful in the office.

That said, the guy is a pussy. he is the boss. If he were truly this uncomfortable he should have laid down the law with her. Dress like this or you will be fired. then a written warning of the same. Then fire her. That way you have it all well documented.

She deserved a fair chance to correct her behavior. (if she were really displaying improper behavior in her dress.)
                Last edited by sadaist; 12-23-2012, 02:02 PM.
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• envy_me
                  Swedish Love Pump
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Dec 2010

She didn't have a problem with him looking at her. He had a problem controling himself around her. Is he a man or an animal?
                  If she didn't break any official dresscode, then he has no right to fire her.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

In California you are an at will employee unless you have some kind of contract or belong to a union where the contract has certain rules about termination. Larger companies usually have set rules about termination. If I thought it was the truth he let her go because he lusted for her because she dressed too sexy I don't see a problem with it. But i suspect he canned her because she didn't give up the poon or the wife found out before he got any.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Aug 2007

The way the woman dressed might have had little to do with it other than an excuse. He lusted for her and couldn't control himself. The boner comment was just a way of saying if you want it I'll give it to ya. He was planning on getting some eventually but wifey found out and nipped it in the bud. I'm sure the woman liked the attention and was using it to get a head but it didn't work out the way she wanted it to. I didn't see anything about her being upset at his obvious lust for her until she got canned.
                      Beware of Dog

Comment

• Angel
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Holy Fuck. I am so glad I live in Canada...
                        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• cadaverdog
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Angel
                          Holy Fuck. I am so glad I live in Canada...
                          Don't Canadian men like poontang? If that was the case there would be no Canadians unless all the women get fertilized instead of impregnated the old fashioned way.
                          Beware of Dog

Comment

• Little Texan
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                            If this is her, she doesn't look so hot to me.

Comment

• envy_me
                              Swedish Love Pump
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Dec 2010

I think she's pretty.

But this man in giving you all guys a bad rep. Just like guys from Iran and those countries are. Men are civilized human beings who can control themselves and can control thier impulses. A minority are jerks, but that doesn't go for all. So distance yourselves from this type of behavior. You aren't animals, don't let these jerks represent you and your gender. God, I'm angry

Comment

Working...