X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Seal Commander Commits Suicide?

A Navy Seal Commander in an apparent suicide?

Rumor is he was one of the team on Operation Geronimo that got UBL

Here's your next CONSPIRACY thread, ELVIS

(CNN) — The Navy is investigating the death in Afghanistan of one of its most senior SEAL officers as an apparent suicide, a U.S. military official tells CNN.Navy Cmdr. Job W. Price, 42, of P…

On a serious note, shouldn't we as a country be looking into why military suicides have gone through the roof since 2003?????

(CNN) — The Navy is investigating the death in Afghanistan of one of its most senior SEAL officers as an apparent suicide, a U.S. military official tells CNN.

Navy Cmdr. Job W. Price, 42, of Pottstown, Pennsylvania, died Saturday while serving as the commanding officer of SEAL Team 4, a special warfare unit based in Virginia Beach, Virginia.

The official, who has direct knowledge of the event, spoke on the condition of anonymity because the death remains under full investigation by the U.S. military.

The official said the family has been notified of the death and that it is being investigated as an apparent suicide. There is no indication at this time that Price was involved in any military-related investigations or controversies, the official said.

Apparently, when Price did not appear at an expected time, other military personnel went to look for him and discovered his body with an apparent gunshot wound.

As the commanding officer of the team, Price oversaw more than two dozen commandos and support staff conducting counterterrorism operations in Uruzgan Province in Afghanistan, a longtime center of insurgent activity, according to a statement from the Defense Department.

From Barbara Starr, CNN Pentagon Correspondent
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Dang...

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

In the Intel community, suicide is just a catchall excuse for "death by self-or-other-inflicted" means....

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

hope the guy found whatever peace he was looking for.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Yeah, because you wont find it in the middle of a huge conspiracy...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
            hope the guy found whatever peace he was looking for.
            It just eludes me....

People who attain this kind of dream gig, literally one in a million shot, and then choose to off themselves?

It's sad, and confusing as hell.

I feel for his family, especially any kids.

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

I was lucky enough to know SEALs stationed on both coasts. My dad worked closely with them and I was lucky to know some of them. It's hard to imagine one of them checking out by his own hand. But I guess it could happen.
              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• lesfunk
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine

On a serious note, shouldn't we as a country be looking into why military suicides have gone through the roof since 2003?????

I wonder if it could be that our government is ordering these men to do things that they have a hard time living with afterward?
                http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by lesfunk
                  I wonder if it could be that our government is ordering these men to do things that they have a hard time living with afterward?
                  I believe that...

Also asking these guys to do 8,9, even 10 tours is ridiculous.

Everyone has a breaking point....

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

It just eludes me....

People who attain this kind of dream gig, literally one in a million shot, and then choose to off themselves?

I do too.

But it is for the above reasons I cannot automatically accept the story at face value.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                      I do too.

But it is for the above reasons I cannot automatically accept the story at face value.
                      Hence the Question Mark in my Thread Title.

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

It just eludes me....

Yeah. but who knows this guys private hell. Lonely, wife cheating, lost his dog, stack of credit card bills, who can say. Despair comes in many disguises. We all want to think...fuck, if only I could have talked to the guy for 10 minutes maybe I could have saved him....I know that's how I feel whenever I hear of suicides.

Or maybe on one of his secret missions he accidentally shot a 6 year old Afghan in the forehead and couldn't get the image out of his head and live with himself any more.

Like you said, when you try to make sense of something like this it just gets more & more confusing. Sad.
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Everyone has a breaking point....

Ain't that the fucking truth man. But why are we constantly pushed right up to the edge of it?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                            Yeah. but who knows this guys private hell. Lonely, wife cheating, lost his dog, stack of credit card bills, who can say. Despair comes in many disguises. We all want to think...fuck, if only I could have talked to the guy for 10 minutes maybe I could have saved him....I know that's how I feel whenever I hear of suicides.

Or maybe on one of his secret missions he accidentally shot a 6 year old Afghan in the forehead and couldn't get the image out of his head and live with himself any more.

Like you said, when you try to make sense of something like this it just gets more & more confusing. Sad.

Exactly.....

Could not have said it better.....

Makes you want to hug the guy, buy him a beer, and just listen......

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

It just eludes me....

For those reading this board that have some extra cash (I know, it's hard this time of year), here's a worthy charity:

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

Working...