Did anybody buy the SHM version of ADKOT on CD? Is the mix better?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Girth
    Roth Army Recruit
    • May 2012

Did anybody buy the SHM version of ADKOT on CD? Is the mix better?

I just seen this one listed on ebay (Japanese import) and never remembered seeing anybody compare this version to the normal CD pressing. Does the SHM version even make a difference? Also was curious if the vinyl version is any different? I just hate the "brickwalled" sound on the new cd - just doesn't sound that great when cranked loud as I like on a good stereo system. Anyhow, here is the link...

Also noticed this on ebay as well....

I like the slip case - but don't think I would buy again just for the case. Wanted to provide link in case others would be interested or weren't aware this existed....

Thanks in advance for your help and continue to rock out with your cock out - unless you are one of the women on this site!

Girth St. Hubbins
  • Zing!
    Veteran
    • Oct 2011

Unrelated, but I was wondering why VH is not featured on Interscope's artist page? Every other big act is there, but no Van Halen.
    My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I have to assume it's the same mix put onto different media.. Curious to hear about it though..
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I am buying the vinyl soon. Will let you know my thoughts
        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Girth
          Roth Army Recruit
          • May 2012

Thanks for the response

Originally posted by Romeo Delight

I have a feeling that the SHM cd version is like "corinthian leather", but think there is hope with the vinyl - although vinyl doesn't work as much for me since I can't take it everywhere with only one turntable.

The six pack was mixed so well and I just love to crank to 11 - you do that with ADKOT and it blares. Too bad, but doesn't stop me from practically wearing the disc out this past year.

Merry New Year to everyone - dance like no ones watching! (I always thought that was a phrase Dave would use)

Girth

Comment

• Zing!
            Veteran
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
            Let me know where you find it because the store at the VHND is sold out.
            My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Zing!
              Let me know where you find it because the store at the VHND is sold out.

On it's way!!!
              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Girth
                I have a feeling that the SHM cd version is like "corinthian leather", but think there is hope with the vinyl - although vinyl doesn't work as much for me since I can't take it everywhere with only one turntable.

The six pack was mixed so well and I just love to crank to 11 - you do that with ADKOT and it blares. Too bad, but doesn't stop me from practically wearing the disc out this past year.

Merry New Year to everyone - dance like no ones watching! (I always thought that was a phrase Dave would use)

Girth
                You mean you don't want to whip out the turntable in Starbucks?

I bring my own monitor and printer...
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

It's really too bad they don't make these anymore....

No, that's not a CD player, it's a turntable. And not only did it play the damn things vertically, it also had a dual stylus so you didn't even have to turn the record over to play both sides.

I remember being tempted to buy one of these (or a similar model) in the 80's, but then I thought about having to actually carry all my albums around with me - along with a 50 pound boombox - and it suddenly didn't seem like such a great idea. Which is probably why they didn't sell that well.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• tbone888
                    Roadie
                    • Feb 2012

That's really cool. Id imagine that it would have skipped a lot and cassette boom boxes just seemed like a better choice for "on the run"....even though cassette tape sounded like shit.

Comment

Working...