X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

What ever happened to FIVE ALIVE juice?

Does this drink even exist anymore? I don't think I have seen it in 15 years? I used to live on that juice as a kid. There was something special about FIVE ALIVE, it combined Tangerines, oranges, grapefruit, lemons and limes. Where the hell is this juice?! Is it discontinued? If I remember well it was distributed by Coca-Cola.
  • Dan
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Dan
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Availability

Once widely available in the U.S., it is now more difficult to find. Five Alive is, however, still widely distributed in Canada and in the UK, as a plastic bottled or canned drink, also in 250 ml cartons suitable for vending machines or as a frozen concentrate. Also available in 1.89L cartons or 2.44L plastic jugs), as well as 200mL tetrapak boxes.

Comment

• cadaverdog
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by WARF
        Does this drink even exist anymore? I don't think I have seen it in 15 years? I used to live on that juice as a kid. There was something special about FIVE ALIVE, it combined Tangerines, oranges, grapefruit, lemons and limes. Where the hell is this juice?! Is it discontinued? If I remember well it was distributed by Coca-Cola.
        Add a little tequila and you got something there.
        Beware of Dog

Comment

• Dan
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

WARF,Road Trip To Canada.

Comment

• WARF
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

It's been so fucking long since I drank it? It would probably taste like shit now. Didn't it have have High fructose corn syrup??

Comment

• Dan
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Nutritional information

Five Alive is not a significant source of saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, fibre, vitamin A, calcium, or iron. The Nutrition Facts label on the Canadian 341 mL ready-to-serve can of Five Alive claims the beverage contains 140% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin C. Five Alive contains 110 calories and 27 grams of sugar per 240 mL. U.S. Five Alive containers depict five fruits on the label, but is only 41% fruit juice, listing high fructose corn syrup as an ingredient after filtered water.[1] In the United Kingdom, quantitative ingredient labeling is mandatory; U.K. labels show that Five Alive contains 42% fruit juice, but also 22% sugar and several artificial sweeteners.[2]

Comment

• WARF
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Anyone remember these fucked up commericals from the 80's?

Bonkers candy?

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bf9i-XVeFBY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bf9i-XVeFBY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Comment

• cadaverdog
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Aug 2007

That's not as bad as the Quiznos commercials with the sponge monkeys. They looked like rats. Made people think Quiznos shops were infested with rodents.
                  Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I could go for a Zima right now. But Cato has to send it to me...

Comment

• WARF
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Zima haha... that shit tasted like sprite... wasn't it like 4% alcohol or something? I would drink one of those with pizza for lunch. Isn't those Bacardi drinks the same thing?

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

I used to LOVE this drink in the 80's called Super Socco. It came in glass bottles like Gatorade. Looked similar but was more tart and fucking awesomely delicious. I'd kill for some right now.
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by WARF
                          Zima haha... that shit tasted like sprite... wasn't it like 4% alcohol or something? I would drink one of those with pizza for lunch. Isn't those Bacardi drinks the same thing?
                          I always thought they were like a weak, hoppy or malty gin and tonic...

Comment

• Little Texan
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Gatorade, like everything else, was so much better in a glass bottle. I remember when the only flavor you could get of Gatorade was Lemon Lime. Now they have how many flavors?

Comment

• Little Texan
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                              I could go for a Zima right now. But Cato has to send it to me...
                              Angel would have to send Warf some Five Alive.

Comment

Working...