• Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Al-Jazeera Buys Current TV From Al Gore

This is really interesting....

AL-JAZEERA BUYS CURRENT TV FROM AL GORE
    By RYAN NAKASHIMA
    — Jan. 2 7:26 PM EST

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Al-Jazeera, the Pan-Arab news channel that has struggled to win space on American cable television, has acquired Current TV, Al Gore confirmed Wednesday.

Gore and his partner Joel Hyatt announced the sale in a statement.

"Current Media was built based on a few key goals: To give voice to those who are not typically heard; to speak truth to power; to provide independent and diverse points of view; and to tell the stories that no one else is telling," Gore and Hyatt said.

"Al-Jazeera has the same goals and, like Current, believes that facts and truth lead to a better understanding of the world around us."

The acquisition could extend Al-Jazeera's reach beyond a few large U.S. metropolitan areas, where some people can watch Al-Jazeera English.
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Al-Jazeera seems to report more real news than any American corporate media outlet...

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
      Al-Jazeera seems to report more real news than any American corporate media outlet...
      Well, Current used to be that way in the beginning, when they had Keith Olbermann and the Young Turks as their primary news anchors. But then they fired Keith, hired that DLC hack Jennifer Granholm and turned into MSNBC II .

It really is criminal that you have to go to a foreign owned news channel like Al Jazeera English or RT to hear anybody tell the truth. Corporate media consolidation must be stopped.

President Gore really disappointed me here. He really had the potential here to build a decent news channel.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I don't like where this is going. Isn't this the channel all of the head hunting thugs used to get their gruesome videos aired? I know the atrociousness hits the web anyway, but this just looks like a faster way to get more dirty laundry aired.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
          Isn't this the channel all of the head hunting thugs used to get their gruesome videos aired?
          Like the CIA fake Bin Laden tapes ??

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I mean all of the Abu Musab al-Zarquawi bullshit.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Hell, the fake Bin Laden tapes were more real than Hopalong Zarqawi ever was. At least Osama was a real person. Hopalong was never proven to be anything more than a police sketch type illustration, and the BCE actually came out and admitted that "he" was a propaganda tool.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
                It's full of ex-BBC staff reporters.

A few of them are very worried at the moment because they were on the Taliban mailing list.

In a Dilbert-esque faux pax, a Taliban spokesperson sent out a routine email last week – with one notable difference. He publicly CC'd the names of everyone on his mailing list.

That means Obama may choose to summarily execute them and their families and neighbors in a terror drone attack as he has to so many others.
                Last edited by Seshmeister; 01-02-2013, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

They're peace drones, Sesh...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Whether the guy was a figment of the imagination or not, heads did come off on TV.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                      Whether the guy was a figment of the imagination or not, heads did come off on TV.
                      Yeah... I remember that tape.... a bunch of 6 ft tall white guys in American clothing who clearly were not native Arabic speakers. "beheading" a guy who was clearly already dead after a gap of several hours in the tape.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Agree to disagree. I know I've seen some authentic suffering. I was an idiot to watch.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

It's almost ALL propaganda, D Bro...

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Time Warner Cable Drops Al Gore's Current TV

As NewsBusters reported Wednesday, Al Jazeera entered into an agreement to buy Al Gore's failing network Current TV.

Hours later, as a result of the purchase, Time Warner Cable dropped the station with a message reading to viewers "This channel is no longer available on Time Warner Cable."

According to multiple news sources, Current co-founder Joel Hyatt said in a statement that TWC dropped his TV network because TWC "did not consent to the sale to Al Jazeera."

“Current will no longer be carried on TWC," wrote Hyatt. "This is unfortunate, but I am confident that Al Jazeera America will earn significant additional carriage in the months and years ahead."

The Huffington Post reported late Wednesday, "A Time Warner Cable spokesman said in a statement that 'our agreement with Current will be terminated and we will no longer be carrying the channel.'"

Given TWC's 12.5 million subscribers, it will be interesting to see how and if this impacts Al Jazeera's decision to purchase Current.

Comment

• Satan
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Guess who else was trying to buy Current?

Glenn BecKKK.

Given that information, it looks like President Gore chose the better option.

Naturally FAUX Noize is making a big deal about this.....

Naturally, FAUX forgets to mention that the number 2 shareholder in THEIR network is none other than Saudi prince Alwaleed bin Talal, whose stake in the company is larger than anyone but Murdoch himself.
                              Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                              I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

Working...