PDA

View Full Version : Jamison to the Wizards for Stackhouse, Laettner and the fifth round pick

POJO_Risin
06-23-2004, 10:36 PM
Well...getting Stackhouse makes no sense...and Laettner is just a contract...and the fifth round pick...well...they certainly don't need that in Dallas...

So...you have to think that those pieces are part of the Shaq puzzle...and may give them enough to get Shaq and TMac...

Hmmmm....

ALinChainz
06-23-2004, 10:56 PM
I swear, a lot can happen in an hour drive home.

Jamison will put up some solid numbers for the Wizards.

Like you said POJ, this deal has to be only a small part of a bigger deal. Pretty sure McGrady will have to sign a contract extension to make any trade work.

Shaq would have to be blown away by an offer, hard to beat almost $60 million over the next 2 seasons.

steve
06-23-2004, 11:02 PM
Oh my friggin God.
No matter how great this looks now for the Wizards/Bullets...guaranteed nothing good will come of it.

1st: They sign Juwan Howard instead of Latrel Spreewell
2nd: They trade Chris Webber for Mitch Richmond - who retires after one season
3rd: Rasheed Wallace for Rod Strickland
4th: Trade Ben Wallace for Ike Austin
5th: trade Richard Hamilton for Crackhouse

THIS CANNOT BE GOOD.

Damn...imagine a starting 5 of Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallce, Chris Webber, Rip Hamilton, and Spreewell.

Arrgg...

POJO_Risin
06-23-2004, 11:07 PM
I think it's a fantastic deal for the Wizards to be honest...don't think there was anyone there at five worth Jamison...and Stackhouse's value is down...

of course...those past deals...well...

ALinChainz
06-23-2004, 11:08 PM
They have had a lot of turmoil in the front office too. Changing coaches, Jordan plays, then is upstairs Collins coming and going, etc.

Washington does seem to be cursed.

ALinChainz
06-23-2004, 11:12 PM
I know not many agree, but I wouldn't give up on Kwame just yet. Some of these HS players take a little longer.

Jermaine O'Neil didn't storm out of the gate. And late in the year, Brown had his moments.

POJO_Risin
06-23-2004, 11:15 PM
I think Kwame will be good...if he gets a chance...he's soft though...

but we'll see...in a couple of years...is he Jermaine O'Neil...or Eddy Curry?...

redblkwht
06-24-2004, 01:18 AM
wasnt jamison with the mavs last year? im wondering.
thought he left the clippers.

POJO_Risin
06-24-2004, 01:50 AM
Yeah...he came from Golden State to the Mavs last year...

goes to the Wizards where he's reunited with Gilbert Arenas and Larry Hughes...

gives the Wizards a big 3...that Golden State should have had...

good move for the Wizs...they gave up a lot...but I have a feeling at least two of those guys will be over 20 a game...

and I have a feeling that Kwame might have a shot at proving himself this year...

Bill Lumbergh
06-24-2004, 01:53 AM
Jamison is an excellent "garbage man". He will score sround the basket all night long, and is a solid rebounder. However, he is a horrid defensive player, and can get down on himself pretty easily. Thank god the Warriors were able to get rid of his max contract last year. Now if we could just dump Van Exel............

POJO_Risin
06-24-2004, 01:57 AM
What does that leave the Warriors with?

They've been surprisingly quiet during all of this...

Bill Lumbergh
06-24-2004, 02:03 AM
Speedy Claxton had a great year last year....other than some injury problems in the second half. He looks like a steal at this point. Dampier had a breakout year at center, but he's gonna opt out, and I doubt we'll keep him. Hopefully Jason Richardson will continue to get better at off guard, and Troy Murphy stays healthy. Honestly what we need is a go to guy............pretty hard to come by with limited cap space though. Plus who the fuck wants to come here at this point?! Hopefully Mullin can get rid of more dead weight like Van Exel( at around 14 mil) Cliff Robinson etc. ...........Dampier's fat contract will likely be gone, so who knows?! 10 losing seasons and counting. At least the Giants are back in first............

POJO_Risin
06-24-2004, 12:28 PM
Who knows...things can change quickly...

Mullin has a lot of work to do...and may end up looking like an idiot to do it...

ALinChainz
06-24-2004, 12:41 PM
They still really like Cliff Robinson. His presence on the court and the locker room is a big plus.

I believe last season was the first time in his career that the team he played for did not make the playoffs.

POJO_Risin
06-24-2004, 12:46 PM
God, how old is the guy...he was on those Portland teams with Clyde when they were in the finals...wasn't he?

He's gotta be 35 or so...

ALinChainz
06-24-2004, 12:47 PM
Yep, 37 I believe.

A pretty solid defender in the post for a guy undersized. The Pistons played him a lot when they had him at center, even with Wallace.

POJO_Risin
06-24-2004, 01:01 PM
Oh, I'm not saying he isn't a solid defender...

he's one of those guys that doesn't fill the stat sheet anymore...but people want him because he doesn't hurt you...and is a good influence...

ALinChainz
06-24-2004, 01:05 PM
LOL ... yeah and other than that little bit of weed trouble he got into way back when, he's been a pretty solid citizen.

POJO_Risin
06-24-2004, 01:11 PM
Man, I forgot about that shit...

maybe people want him because he supplies the locker room...

ALinChainz
06-24-2004, 01:41 PM
Makes it a lot easier than getting a connection outside the team.

lol ... always makes me think of Robert Parrish. never thought anything of it until he got caught with a couple ounces.

Then you think to yourself, "You know, I should have know just by looking at that fucker and being called the Chief."

Troy
06-24-2004, 02:34 PM
The word in Portland is Damon Stoudamire is the popular supplier to the NBA. The players stock up when they come to town.

POJO_Risin
06-24-2004, 07:11 PM
lmfao on the chief...

I wouldn't doubt that about Damon in the least...

POJO_Risin
06-24-2004, 10:44 PM
This trade finally went through...

knuckleboner
06-27-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by steve

1st: They sign Juwan Howard instead of Latrel Spreewell
2nd: They trade Chris Webber for Mitch Richmond - who retires after one season
3rd: Rasheed Wallace for Rod Strickland
4th: Trade Ben Wallace for Ike Austin
5th: trade Richard Hamilton for Crackhouse

you're leaving out future all-star, etan thomas. assuming he does in fact leave the wiz, as is expected. we're great at finding talent. we just don't want to keep it.

and, POJ, yeah, kwame's still got a chance. but i think he's got the potential to be a poor man's jermaine o'neal. KG didn't become MVP overnight, but kwame's not going to be KG. he's not even going to be o'neal. but, i agree, i've seen him enough, if he would stop just sitting around, soft, 3 out of every 5 games and give a full effort, he's a still got potential.

in fact, i assume by the time he finds his full potential, his contract will be up. and he'll be a 20-10 guy for somebody else.

POJO_Risin
06-27-2004, 01:19 PM
lmfao...and that oughta be soon...

it's true...people don't stay in Washington...and I'm wondering why...

POJO_Risin
06-27-2004, 01:21 PM
Could it be...poor management...shitty coaches...and...well...those things...;)

The Bullets used to be good every year...well...maybe not good...but competative back in the day...

knuckleboner
06-27-2004, 10:10 PM
wow, man. that's REALLY back in the day. you're not THAT old...

the problem is that abe pollin is a passionate owner who really wants to win. but...he's too loyal. sounds crazy in sports, loyalty being a problem. but he is. he stuck with wes unseld as G.M. for WAY longer than anyone else would have. it's been pollin's problem all along.

it probably makes him a great person. but when your management people aren't doing the best job, it's time to get rid of them.

he's sorta started doing that, what with the shitcanning of MJ. but we're still a long way off from being good.

oh well, at least gibbs is back in town...:D

POJO_Risin
06-28-2004, 01:11 AM
I'm not that old...getting there...lmfao...

but...I do remember the days of the BIG E...Elvin Hayes...

great ballplayer...mostly remembered for his time in Houston...lmfao...if at all...

ALinChainz
06-28-2004, 01:18 AM
Oh hell yeah. Bobby Dandridge, the Big E, Wes Unseld.

Kupchak back then.

Old school NBA ... gotta love it.

POJO_Risin
06-28-2004, 01:24 AM
I just liked his name...

I remember thinking that was his name...lmfao...big e...

and here a big fatass dead rapper would steal it...

Maybe Elvin killed him? Was it in Washington?

ALinChainz
06-28-2004, 01:31 AM
I read where Jamison and Arenas didn't exactly get along in Golden State over the issue of shot distribution.

Would Washington consider moving Arenas? I don't see that happening.

POJO_Risin
06-28-2004, 01:46 AM
I don't either...we'll have to see how that pans out...perhaps Jamison's year in hell in Dallas has changed his thoughts on distribution...lmfao...

We shall see...if they get along...that's a tremendous trio...

Bill Lumbergh
06-28-2004, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
I read where Jamison and Arenas didn't exactly get along in Golden State over the issue of shot distribution.

Would Washington consider moving Arenas? I don't see that happening.

Arenas got pissed about Antawn taking too many shots..........so the next game he didnt take ONE shot in the fourth quarter in a very tight game, to make a statement to Musselman. One of several reasons I wasnt sad to see Gilbert go.........

POJO_Risin
06-28-2004, 01:52 AM
LMFAO...and here we go again...in fucking Washington...

hahahahaha...that kills me...I was going to say...it doesn't sound like Jamison...

knuckleboner
06-29-2004, 12:35 AM
nah, we're not likely moving arenas. he was the only guy who did anything last season.

well, anything other than laettner's drug bust and stack choking his rental agent...

Bill Lumbergh
06-29-2004, 10:42 AM
Gilbert has that knack for dominating fourth quarters at times, then disappearing at other key times.........My opinion is that he's going to get better and better. Although I wasnt too broken up when he left my Warriors, due to some attitude problems. With Jamison you're getting a good player, just don't expect defense or consistent outside shooting.

knuckleboner
06-30-2004, 12:24 AM
shit! so no title in 2004-2005?!?

damn, after a promising last season, we had such high hopes...:D

Bill Lumbergh
06-30-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
shit! so no title in 2004-2005?!?

damn, after a promising last season, we had such high hopes...:D

Warriors - Wizards NBA FInals 2005........."I Love This Game" :D