PDA

View Full Version : KIng Jizzo Crucified

DLR Bridge
01-05-2013, 02:48 PM
http://youtu.be/LOwKav3WR6Y

This is not new news, in fact, it's been 21 years already (hard to believe) since Jizzy "King Jizzo" Pearl crucified himself in front of the Hollywood Y. Not only do I think this sort of publicity stunt was great and is sorely what's missing from rock today, but more priceless yet is that there was no way around the female anchor saying his name once he was identified.

"Jizzo!" 1:19
"Jizzy Pearl" 2:15 & 4:07

Ahh, good times.

fraroc
01-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Even though I think this stunt was pretty awesome and I think Jizzy Pearl is a good singer, Stephen Pearcy is the ONLY singer for Ratt.

cadaverdog
01-06-2013, 10:53 AM
Like many others I've often wondered why the cross became the symbol for Christianity. If he had been hung do you think a noose would be the symbol?

Seshmeister
01-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Even though I think this stunt was pretty awesome and I think Jizzy Pearl is a good singer, Stephen Pearcy is the ONLY singer for Ratt.

Jizzy was the singer of Love/Hate at the time and still is, a better band IMHO.

His stuff with Ratt/LA Guns or whatever are just to put beer on the table.

Zing!
01-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Saw Love/Hate open for AC/DC back in '91 and they were fucking terrible. Jiz was loaded to the gills on who knows what and the rest of the band was out of tune and out of time. They got roundly booed off the stage with the band telling the audience to fuck themselves. Good times.

Hardrock69
01-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Love/Hate kicks ass!

Here is the story of the stunt:

http://www.jizzypearl.com/html/history-011.htm

Jizzy has posted a complete history of Love/Hate, of which the above link is just one chapter:

http://www.jizzypearl.com/html/love_hate.htm

Seshmeister
01-06-2013, 09:44 PM
Saw Love/Hate open for AC/DC back in '91 and they were fucking terrible. Jiz was loaded to the gills on who knows what and the rest of the band was out of tune and out of time. They got roundly booed off the stage with the band telling the audience to fuck themselves. Good times.

Really?

That's terrible. I think I've seen them about 6 times and they were always great. At one point I think they were bigger in the UK particularly London than they were in the US.

They are meant to be playing some UK gigs in the Spring but it's just Jizzy and the venues are very small.

sadaist
01-06-2013, 10:12 PM

Motherfucking TRUTH!

say it with me everybody....

Stephen Pearcy is the ONLY singer for Ratt.

sadaist
01-06-2013, 10:14 PM
Like many others I've often wondered why the cross became the symbol for Christianity. If he had been hung do you think a noose would be the symbol?

Its too hard to make a noose sign with your fingers to keep the vampires away.

DLR Bridge
01-06-2013, 10:21 PM
This is one of those bands that I think could have made a bigger impact during their era if they could just hold it all together. They were like a rocket taking a nose dive shortly after lift off. The majority of the songs on their first CD were great. Half on the second. Jon E. Love was in jail by the third which, with a replacement, was only fair. Really just kept on going south. You still can make one mean compilation out of their best stuff though. Rough, raw, rugged, sleazy and drunk on Budweiser exclusively rock and roll. I don't even acknowledge Jizzy's efforts elsewhere. It's like Sesh said. Beer on the table.

Hardrock69
01-07-2013, 12:18 AM
I saw them on that AC/DC tour at Long Beach Arena, and I guess they were a little less loaded than usual, as they sounded great. I bought Blackout In The Red Room just a couple of days later.

Seshmeister
01-07-2013, 04:55 AM
This is one of those bands that I think could have made a bigger impact during their era if they could just hold it all together. They were like a rocket taking a nose dive shortly after lift off. The majority of the songs on their first CD were great. Half on the second. Jon E. Love was in jail by the third which, with a replacement, was only fair. Really just kept on going south. You still can make one mean compilation out of their best stuff though. Rough, raw, rugged, sleazy and drunk on Budweiser exclusively rock and roll. I don't even acknowledge Jizzy's efforts elsewhere. It's like Sesh said. Beer on the table.

The second album 'Wasted in America' is brilliant, I agree there was a slow decline after that. There isn't too much good stuff by the 4th and 5th.

Jon E Love got in touch with me back about 10 years ago because of a nice post I made about them here. He sent me new stuff he was working on but I thought it was horrible so never replied.

I still cringe at my meeting Jizzy back 5 years ago after they had just done a really good show but to only about 40 people and I staggered up to them afterwards...

"You guys were great, Wasted in America is one of my favorite ever albums you really should have made it."
"We did make it!"
"Umm..."

They seem to have even lost their domain now at www.lovehate.com :(

Jizzy still has his book up about the band at http://www.jizzypearl.com/html/love_hate.htm

binnie
01-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Love/Hate were awesome (especially the first too discs).

Dirty, raw and mean at a point where Sunset was turning out some real fluffy shit.....

DLR Bridge
01-07-2013, 03:07 PM
They are meant to be playing some UK gigs in the Spring but it's just Jizzy and the venues are very small.

I looked this up upon seeing your post. This is so sad seeing a great thing be plodded out like this. While there is nothing particularly identifiable about Joey Gold's drumming, the same cant be said about Skid or Jon. Those guys along with Jizzy (he must have some regrets now sidling himself with that handle) too me, are essential parts in order to call an act Love/Hate right now. I saw this current bass player with Ratt. No way could he bring what Skid could bring. Not to mention, they're playing Skid compositions! I wish great bands like this wouldn't devolve into such Spinal Tap-esque acts of self parody. The original line up aren't so old that they can't do it anymore, but if it's not going to happen, guys like Jizzy have to go out under a new name and start over. Tough as that may be.

DLR Bridge
01-07-2013, 03:20 PM
I saw them on that AC/DC tour at Long Beach Arena, and I guess they were a little less loaded than usual, as they sounded great. I bought Blackout In The Red Room just a couple of days later.

It's like Uncle Dave once said, "you have to craft your buzz." If you go out there annihilated like the way they apparently were at the show Zing saw, your only shooting yourself in the foot after working so hard at getting to such a difficult level. I broke my ass back in the mid 90's hoping to make it. I can't imagine getting to open up for the likes of AC/DC and showing up wasted (in America. Ha ha!)

LoungeMachine
01-07-2013, 03:25 PM
His stuff with Ratt/LA Guns or whatever are just to put beer on the table.

You say that like that's a bad thing.....lol

:gulp:

vandeleur
01-07-2013, 03:28 PM
"You guys were great, Wasted in America is one of my favorite ever albums you really should have made it."
"We did make it!"
"Umm..."

Sorry but thats fucking funny :D

jhale667
01-07-2013, 04:11 PM

Wasn't Darren Householder Love's replacement? That guy rips...

DLR Bridge
01-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Wasn't Darren Householder Love's replacement? That guy rips...

He does, but I think, as Jizzy put it, he was a bit too much of a shredder for their speed, so to speak. They took him in after auditioning loads of crap. He could clearly play, but didn't bust out the speed burning arpeggios until they got down to business. Ultimately, they never should have replaced Jon E. Love. He was a tasty raw finesseful player that was fine with embellishing Skids music and not necessarily writing or contributing his own.

Green Manalishi
01-07-2013, 06:11 PM
Possibly the most criminally under-rated rock band of all time .

Seshmeister
01-07-2013, 06:26 PM
I looked this up upon seeing your post. This is so sad seeing a great thing be plodded out like this. While there is nothing particularly identifiable about Joey Gold's drumming, the same cant be said about Skid or Jon. Those guys along with Jizzy (he must have some regrets now sidling himself with that handle) too me, are essential parts in order to call an act Love/Hate right now. I saw this current bass player with Ratt. No way could he bring what Skid could bring. Not to mention, they're playing Skid compositions! I wish great bands like this wouldn't devolve into such Spinal Tap-esque acts of self parody. The original line up aren't so old that they can't do it anymore, but if it's not going to happen, guys like Jizzy have to go out under a new name and start over. Tough as that may be.

They can just about wing it with a hired gun guitarist but Skid is going to be missed big time.

When I heard they were coming over I got in touch with a friend who runs a big venue with various rooms and he said he had already passed on them because the break even point money wise was 240 people and he didn't think they would get that. He knows his stuff and I'm sure he's right. Back in the day they were headlining to 2000 here... :(